HA! I'm a loser!

dss62467

Cathlete
Am I the only one who hasn't done any 1RM testing in preparation for STS? I've done nothing to prepare....have barely even exercised in a couple months! That right...I'm a rebel. They don't call me the Queen of Procrastination for nuthin'!

Nope, you are not alone. I am a big procrastinator and something I don't really feel like doing but I will someday.;)

Nope.
I haven't done them, and I probably won't do them (at least not more than a few basic exercises, more as a way of gauging my progress than to decide which weights to use).

I haven't done them - I am not starting STS till mid-to-late February, so I have plenty of time to build up my strength.

Another big slug here! Haven't worked out in months ... haven't done a 1RM (though I did print out the chart!) ... all I seem to be good at lately is checking this forum!!!
:D

I haven't done them. Haven't looked at the for more than a quick glance.:confused:
BUT, I have been working out preparing for the intensity of STS.

My prediction....PAIN:D

Meh, maybe I will do them. But then again maybe not:D:cool:

ETA, right now I am just wondering when I will start. Enjoying KBs way too much:eek:

I'm waiting so I have something to do w/ the DVD's once they get here. Because of timing i'm going to have to wait until Feb 12th to start (i'm going on vacay 3/6 and want to make sure i'm on an "off week" during vacation). If I wait to do the 1RM until I can do them watching the workout it will give me something to hold me over until I can start!

I haven't done them either. I'd rather do the tests when STS gets here based on my strength at that point, rather than what I can lift now. (I'm working hard on upper body right now, so I'm expecting my upper body strength to go up. My lower body strength will go down because I'm having knee issues and need to back off on leg workouts.)

You are not alone. The only exercise I did during the month of December is lifing chocolate to my mouth - does that count?

I also have not done my 1RM Testing. I think I will wait until they are being shipped, that will give me something to do.

The good news is that I started my work out routine today - YEAH!!!!! I did the weight portion of Kickbox. I am starting off slow. YEAH!!!

It's so good to know your're not alone!

It's so good to hear others out there who haven't finished their 1RMs in a day or two, or are not finished at all. I feel like a complete sluggard sometimes. I've not worked out steadily for years and am quite weak. I've done about half of all the 1RMs, but I'm still so sore I have to space them out. I'm trying to do cardio or Tracy Effinger's Stretch in between these days, but I'm sore from those, too! I'm anxious about getting the STS dvds....... feel like I won't be able to even complete a session. Guess we have to start somewhere. Just a bit envious of reading about others who are practically doing marathons in between breakfast and afternoon tea, and then doing 20-25 more 1RMs:D

Well, today is a fresh start.....let's see what I can accomplish! (Getting out of this chair without a groan would be a start!):D

I dont plan on doing them. I'll figure it out as I go along. I'm also planning on doing a 6 month rotation so I first plan to preview the first workout, then do them for one week using the weight I think I should be using based on what I've used in the past for similar exercises and noting where I need to up the weight during the second week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.