Gwyneth Paltrow's trainer

I agree with Carola! At 800 calories a day the only thing I'd be lifting is my wrist to my forehead as I fainted from lack of food! Celebrities and their trainers are a menace to society!

Sparrow

Hahaha- that's hilarious!! Me too, 3#... that's ridiculous! :confused:

Cathe is a prime example of how hard it would be for a woman to put bulk on...I posted on Ask Cathe how she outlifted me today during the Gym Style series DVD. If you were to see Cathe on the sidewalk in T-shirt and jeans, you'd have no idea she is the incredible trainer she is.

I guess you can't argue with Madonna's physique, but I wonder what her actual workout schedule looks like.

But Madonna used to work out with heavy weights, and so built up a strength base. Then she got into power yoga, the kind where you do a lot of balancing poses (like Crow) holding up your body weight (definitely more than 3#).

I think doing ultra-high-rep workouts may be good for some rehab situations (my PT recommended I work up to 50 reps with light weights when I was going through shoulder rehab), but overall might be taxing on the joints without challenging the muscles enough. I started having upper body joint aches when doing a Slim Series rotation.

There are a lot of ways to lose weight, like cutting off a limb, getting a life-threatening illness, or eating 800 calories a day and working out for 2 hours a day.

All of these are equally appealling, IMO.

(But maybe if you're eating 800 calories a day, you get so weak that 3# FEELS like a heavy weight?)

800 calories a day? 3# weights?? With a goal of being as "tiny and tight" as possible?

I think I'll settle for being able to kick the crap out of the deranged 95-pound anorexic person who designed this program. With my athletic, un-tiny, fit and healthy body, fueled by a sensible and well-proportioned diet (that includes such things as FOOD, and CALORIES).

Lisa

800 calories a day? 3# weights?? With a goal of being as "tiny and tight" as possible?

I think I'll settle for being able to kick the crap out of the deranged 95-pound anorexic person who designed this program. With my athletic, un-tiny, fit and healthy body, fueled by a sensible and well-proportioned diet (that includes such things as FOOD, and CALORIES).

Lisa

You forgot bulky in your description :p;)

You forgot bulky in your description :p;)

Oh, right, she may faint before I get to her, not from the exhaustion of hefting those pink neoprene 3-pounders, but from the horrifying sight of my bulky, bulky muscles. I'm so unwomanly! ;)

Sheesh.

Even if you weigh 95 pounds, you need more than 1000 calories per day, otherwise your body will start eating your brain for fuel! And I think pretty much everyone on this forum is using their brain for other things. Like thinking.

IMO, Gwyneth (who looks like a natural ectomorph/hard gainer) would look better if she lifted heavy weights. Because of her body type, there's no way she would look bulky or too muscular.

Rosie O'Donnel, perhaps, can stick with the light weights.

(I'm also thinking that the 800-calorie limit is perhaps based on the fact that a more-calorie-filled diet would weigh more than 3# itself per meal, and this woman's clients wouldn't be able to carry their dishes to the table).

Holy Batman, another reason I find *celebrities* and their ilk a joke.

I suppose when you don't have to hold an umbrella over your head in the rain or ever carry a sack of groceries up the steps, 3 pounds is sufficient.

I saw that and it was as ridiculous as it sounds. Hot room... 3-lbs? Gwyneth Paltrow is a stick figure. Always was. Still is. She doesn't have a the body I want so I guess it depends on what you're after. I, personally, never envied skinny and weak.

BTW, am I the only one who wishes Oprah would quit building her show around celebrities and get back to ISSUES?

Ok - I just did CC vol 5 & it was 54 minutes. I burned 664 calories. So, if you're eating 800/day & working out 2 hours+ you're basically in the negative numbers...ugh!

I saw that and it was as ridiculous as it sounds. Hot room... 3-lbs? Gwyneth Paltrow is a stick figure. Always was. Still is. She doesn't have a the body I want so I guess it depends on what you're after. I, personally, never envied skinny and weak.

BTW, am I the only one who wishes Oprah would quit building her show around celebrities and get back to ISSUES?

YES...ME! I can't handle listening to anything that celebrities have to talk about. Speaking of Gweneth, I remember her once talking on Oprah about a movie she and Leonardo DeCaprio were in and she never felt more sorry for anyone then him because he had to loose 20 pounds for the role and they were eating pizza in front of him. Seriously! Wow...I think I would loose 50 pounds and a digit if someone was going to offer me 18 million dollars for 3 months to star in a film.

These responses have been cracking me up.

Bottom line:

Celebrities and their trainers are a menace to society!
Sparrow

Ditto!

I have to say, I felt embarrassed for Madonna in that video. Not because she fell onstage, but the gyrating on the guitar and speaker seemed a bit...desperate. And IA, I've seen some pictures of her lately where she's looking not so healthy anymore.

These responses have been cracking me up.

Bottom line:

Ditto!

I have to say, I felt embarrassed for Madonna in that video. Not because she fell onstage, but the gyrating on the guitar and speaker seemed a bit...desperate. And IA, I've seen some pictures of her lately where she's looking not so healthy anymore.

Ditto on the Madonna comment - I feel really sorry for her. Isn't she like 50 now? Let's start acting our age - EVEN on stage.

This post has been a great start to my day - I can't stop laughing at some of the comments.

3lbs just downright light

I agree with everyone, 3 lbs is what you start out lifting, right? I'd much rather take advice from Cathe than these "fad" trainers. I don't think we'd be able to do enough reps with 3lbs to make any difference. We'd be lifting all day. Even if this was an endurance over strength technique, it just seems silly...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.