Gwyneth Paltrow's trainer

fitnessluvr

Cathlete
I just saw a clip of Gweneth Paltrow's trainer who said "Women should not lift more than 3lbs" "less weight = less bulk" She also said that it is easier to train your body and lose weight when you workout in a room that is 80 + degrees. (Well duh, you are losing water weight not fat). Anyone else think this "trainer" has no idea what she is talking about.

Just curious to see what the real experts think!

Mindy

3 lbs. only, across the board? That doesn't sound right at all. I lift more than 3 lbs. in my every day life, so I'm thinkin' training myself to lift 10, 20, 30, etc. would help me a little more.

Plus doesn't weight training help strengthen the skeleton? I don't know if 3 lbs. would manage too much in that department.

Weird.

I just saw a clip of Gweneth Paltrow's trainer who said "Women should not lift more than 3lbs" "less weight = less bulk" She also said that it is easier to train your body and lose weight when you workout in a room that is 80 + degrees. (Well duh, you are losing water weight not fat). Anyone else think this "trainer" has no idea what she is talking about.

Just curious to see what the real experts think!

Mindy

No expert here, but here is what I think:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would think, especially when training someone with Gwyneth's body type (long and lean), she would realize that 3 lbs is not going to do much of anything. I have the same body type, and even lifting as heavy as physically possible, I am not going to "bulk up". I seriously doubt Gwyneth ever would either.

The Madonna/Gweneth workout has been shown on some shows lately, but all I really understood from the clips is she uses super light weights, but like a ton of reps, think closer to 100 of each exercise.

I guess you can't argue with Madonna's physique, but I wonder what her actual workout schedule looks like.

Honestly, I think these workouts are probably longer and kind of boring. Even if it is a good method, I know it would never be for me. I like lifting heavy weights.

I too am curious to hear others thoughts on this. Thanks for posting this.

This trainer

also trains Madonna and have you seen her lately? That's not a 3lb limit. Madonna just looks strange these days. They also I believe they do something called gyrotechnics?

Just my thought -

3 lbs??? I'd be knocking myself right in the head doing bicep curls :D I don't lift extremely heavy but this is way too light for me. I could probably do 200 of them and ...... nothing.

I would say that this trainer is gearing up to selling his exercise tips/program and 3lb may be a better selling point than 15 lbs. If he said 15 lbs most of the general public / infomercial watching crowd would run and hide and he wouldn't make any money.

I haven't seen anyone getting results with 3 lbs or less.

Last edited:
I'm a little curious, then, as to how Gwyneth is allowed to lift Apple or Pear or whatever her kid's name is - I trust that little fruit came out weighing more than 3 pounds at birth.

I make it a habit never to listen to a celebrity's trainer.

A-Jock

I saw this on Oprah...I think it was friday! I also thought the 3lb weight limit was crazy...I almost feel out of my chair when I heard that:eek:

I agree:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm a little curious, then, as to how Gwyneth is allowed to lift Apple or Pear or whatever her kid's name is - I trust that little fruit came out weighing more than 3 pounds at birth.

I make it a habit never to listen to a celebrity's trainer.

A-Jock

I was thinking the same thing!

Here is more information on the diet and the workout. It's insane!:confused: You eat less than 800 calories a day and you workout 2 hours everyday for 6 days!:confused: This program lasts only six weeks!. Thank God we know better.;)

Usmagazine.com | News - Madonna's Trainer: How to Lose 20 Pounds ...

That's awful,

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Last edited:
I agree it's gimmick to sell. Most don't want to work that hard. So if someone tells you to lift 3 pounds for results vs say just 10 pounds, well the 3 pounds sounds great.

I know everyone is different. But 99% of women DO NOT BULK UP with lifting heavier. What most people see/call bulky is either fat over muscle or even loose skin. Women just do not have the hormones to get bulky. Geesh, when will this "getting bulky" myth die :confused:

Oh lordy, no wonder, on 800 calories a day I wouldn't have the energy to lift more than 3 lbs and I'd be gnawing my left elbow off.

Just that celebrities can afford to hire someone to heave their kids around :p

Last edited:
I agree with Carola! At 800 calories a day the only thing I'd be lifting is my wrist to my forehead as I fainted from lack of food! Celebrities and their trainers are a menace to society!

Sparrow

Last edited:
I agree with Carola! At 800 calories a day the only thing I'd be lifting is my hand to my forehead as I fainted from lack of food! Celebrities and their trainers are a menace to society!

Sparrow

No wonder there are so many with eating disorders. The pressure to be thin is so intense. And for goodness sake to have any curves, even muscle, is forbidden :confused:

I agree with Carola! At 800 calories a day the only thing I'd be lifting is my hand to my forehead as I fainted from lack of food!
Sparrow

Thanks Sparrow, just spit my beverage in the general direction of my monitor, imagining the picture you just painted. Thank God it was only water.

But ITA, all those celebrities and their trainers with their ridiculous diet and exercise programs should be hit over the head with a dumbbell.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.