Getting Ready to head into NYC

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! I am so excited to be working out with those of you attending tomorrows event. We have a wonderful turnout and I am looking forward to meeting you, taking candid pic's, signing your DVD covers, and being our silly selves. Don't be shy, be sure to come up and say hi before you head home. Btw, a couple of people have asked if they have to actually workout due to certain circumstances. Of course you don't have to workout to attend but if you are able too I would love to create some great energy in the room and light up NYC's Midtown Loft & Terrace ;). Who from the forums will be joining me tomorrow? I will be traveling now but I am going to be checking the forums later tonight to see how you are doing. In case you missed my thread on the event details....here it is:

Hi Everyone!

Here are some details about the workout itself:

The workout will be held on the 11th floor of the Midtown Loft and Terrace. Please bring a print out of your email registration confirmation with you. If you don’t have it, please bring ID and we will have a list of registered attendees at the event check in. Upon entering the building, you will be guided as to where you need to go for the event check in and workout itself. The workout will be approximately 45 minutes in length and all the equipment will be provided for it. We will supply you with a fitness mat (however, feel free to bring your own fitness mat if you prefer), a fitness sliding rag (in place of a paper plate), a 5 pound set of dumbbells and a medium tension Fitness By Cathe TPR Non-Latex Resistance Band (the Fitness By Cathe band will be yours to keep). I’m sure water will be provided (and I will double check that on Monday), however, it’s always a good idea to have a water bottle with you anyway. The workout will consist of STS-inspired lower body exercises along with a few bursts of low impact cardio to keep you working hard the entire time. You can easily modify this workout up or down depending on how hard you work each exercise. Someone asked about bringing their fitness vest along. Yes, sure, most, if not all, of the workout will lend itself nicely to using your 10 pound Max Vest.

Attire: Wear comfortable and supportive fitness shoes, comfortable workout clothing along with a light jacket in case the facility is heavily air conditioned. If you have fitness gloves, please bring them as it may provide a more comfortable grip for the band and dumbbell work. Also, you will have rest rooms available to change out of your sweaty clothes, however no showers will be available. May I suggest bringing baby wipes to freshen up along with a change of dry clothes. You may want to bring a plastic bag inside your gym bag to carry home your sweaty clothes in J. I do want to stress however, that there is no need to go all out if you don’t want to. Nobody is judging your performance and guess what, the attending media are also going to give this a try and many of them don’t work out regularly. So you will not be alone in choosing not to go all out. Your purpose for coming may simply be to be amongst the energy of those working out, grab some pictures of the event along with your goodie bag, meet me in person, and then be on your way back to work. On the other hand if you want to go for the gold, then I suggest you slide a little deeper, squat a little lower, use your arms and legs to their fullest, and shoot for your personal best J…. even bring/wear your Max Vest if you want to. Bottom Line: Make the day/event/workout be what you want it to be.

After your workout please be sure to stick around and enjoy a sampling of three of Eggland’s Best delicious recipes for a post workout recovery treat. The featured recipes itles are as follows:

[FONT=&quot]Eggland’s Best Roasted Vegetable & Tomato Soufflé[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Eggland’s Best Lemon Chiffon with Fresh Berries[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Eggland’s Best Open Face Egg & Spinach Salad Sandwich[/FONT]

Here are directions to the event. http://www.midtownloft.net/directions.html. If you have more questions regarding our NYC event please feel free to ask and I will see what I can find out for you.

Thanks and See You Soon,
Cathe.

Aw, that's a shame Tricia. Sorry you won't be joining us. We'll keep you posted.

Have a wonderful time! Wish I could have gone, but, alas, events at the office made me have to cancel! : (

Can't wait to hear ALL about it!

Tricia

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be in the afternoon class!!

I'm in the 4:30 class. I'm so excited, but shy so a little nervous too! I'm making my husband come with me (just to NY not to the class)!! We're leaving in the morning on the train from MD. Just out of curiousity how many people are in the class? See you tomorrow!!

Hi Nicole! Due to space, we were limited to 50 people per workout session. The morning session is filled and the afternoon session was filled but due to a couple of cancelations today we still have room for a few if you are deciding to come. :D

Safe travels and I won't be shy and nervous if you won't be ;)

I'm in the 4:30 class. I'm so excited, but shy so a little nervous too! I'm making my husband come with me (just to NY not to the class)!! We're leaving in the morning on the train from MD. Just out of curiousity how many people are in the class? See you tomorrow!!

Have fun all! can't wait to see pics from the days events!!
I'll have to make due with Cathe via DVD at 5am tomorrow!

Why does California have to be so far away from NYC? :(

Haha, have fun!!!

And Cathe, I will meet you SOME day! I hope :)

I will be attending the 10am as well. Looking forward to seeing you Cathe and you too lkl.

Saundra

I'm coming...I will be in the 10 AM session and I will be working out! I can't wait to meet you Cathe!
I'm taking the 6:40 train from New Haven CT.
Barbara P

PS - My friend Beth is also in the 10 AM class...she doesn't check the forums often, but she does your workouts, and we just exchanged emails about tomorrow.

430-er here! i'm also leaving work early to attend. cant wait to meet everyone!!!! ive actually never done STS before so im a little scared, lol ;)

hi cathe,

i'll be at the class tomorrow morning - i haven't seen you in person since the 2nd road trip! i was there and am so excited to go tomorrow! celebrating my bday with you..
see you there

iris

SAUNDRA!! you get to go and workout w/cathe????!! u are so lucky!!! are you in NY? i would love to come , but might be a long drive from texas.:) let us know how fun it is!
cathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.