Getting Our Licks In!

6-24-14

Sorry I've been MIA but didn't feel so good on Saturday & very busy on Sunday. Monday night went to pt. The way she manipulated my arm I was actually able to lift it over my head all the way which I've never been able to do. Feel like I'm getting somewhere.

Tonight I'll do ROKO Premix #1. Love this one & the music is great.

Michelle: Glad to hear that your DH is feeling better. That must've been quite an ordeal that he went through. I bet he's glad its over with. He's in my prayers. Enjoy Katy Perry!!! That must've been an exciting dog show. I've only been to the horse shows at Madison Square Garden. Sounds as if you'll be getting a little puppy soon. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Janie Sis: Happy belated 23rd wedding anniversary!! What did you & Joey do?

Waves to Renee & Cindy!

Take care,
Kathy

Yesterday was gardening big time and a very long walk on the beach with my doggies. It was truly a back and leg day for me.

Michelle, Great job on Double Wave Pyramid. Love the quick HiTT too. You know, now think I remember asking this before. Hmmm, does she like bookmarks? Again, don't want to force it. Joey and I went To a Mexican Restaurant in Westport after we had fun with Pirate Day. It was a blast!

Kathy Sis, Yea for PT and able to move your shoulder better. Good news!

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
I did nothing in the way of exercise yesterday.:( Just didn't have time. Hmmmm, suppose to once you retire, yes?

Went to join my art group yesterday and was introduced to the hostess husband and told me he plays guitar. Well, I saw him and his guitars and like a moth to light/flame, went right over to them. He gave me tips and pointers lasting about an hour and a half. Then realized I've taken up so much of his valuable time and better get back to my group. LOL! OH, what fun I had! He even mentioned maybe someday we can get other guitar enthusiasts and have a jamming session! My house is always open to that.

Told my daughter while she was on a road trip that her doggie (Taco) will lose weight by the time she gets back home. My dog, her dog and me walked the beach sometimes an hour a day and still Taco never lost any weight. Caught him next to the cat food (above him on the next step). It is like a yard up from the floor for him to jump! How he does it is a mystery. However, now I know why he isn't losing weight! LOL! He's so ashamed he can't even look into the camera.

Janie

Last edited:
Greetings and Salutations!!

Its been a busy couple of weeks, and its all gooooood!

My week at Appalachain State University, Boone, North Carolina was amzaing. Six classes a day, from 8 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon with homework. There were 3 general sessions daily that everybody attended and then three elective classes. First class was Interactive Music: Building Blocks for Success. This involved singing, moving, playing classroom instruments perhaps acting or story telling. It was so much fun! I was always jumping up to volunteer to play the instruments. Loved it and learned so much. Then there was my favorite class: DANCE...the presenter was Sanna Longden who has so much knowledge of folk and cultural dances from around the world. Sanna is probably in her 60's and has traveled around the world learning from all the cultures of the world. I can't wait to use what I learned from her. The other general session at the end of the day was Sing-It's Good for You. And by golly, it is good for you. I really needed this class because I am such an intrumentalist and kinesthetic learner/teacher. I tend to neglect good singing techniques, but again, I learned a lot and will put into practice some things that will not only help my students, but me too!

The three elective classes I took were Nurturing Musicians in the Digital Age; A
Treasure Chest of Integrated Curriculum; and Play, Create, Read and Write the Percussive Way. Again, great classes, with super teachers. Everybody was so organized. Classes started and ended on schedule and there was a lot of content shoved into every hour of the day. I liked how we had to pick "3 treasures" per day and write about them. I can assure you there were more then 3 for me daily. But it was the assignment so I just went with it.

One night we had a Pig Picken with Square Dancing afterwards. I have not had so much fun in my life. There was a live blue grass band and a square dance caller. It was so easy to follow. The caller is 85 years old with years and years of experience. He really knew how to put you at ease, have you be successful to build confidence and build upon the experience. It was just incredible. I will definately be going back, if not next summer then the next after that. I learned so much, and the materials and resources I gained will keep me going for a while (I hope).

Then Michelle and I went to see Katy Perry in DC the other night. It was an incredible show. It was well produced with big special affects and costume changes. I am so glad that we went to see KP. Definately another highlight of this summer.

And with all these busy weeks, I have managed to keep up with the exercise, even in Boone. I got up an extra hour early to get in my "Cathe time." I have started meso 2 of STS again. Can you say: DOMS! I love it.

Saturday looks like a Blue Grass Festival locally. Looking forward to that. I used to play bass in a blue grass band. I enjoy all music. Life is so good!

I did miss my cats though. Glad to be home and get back into a "home routine" for a while. The next big excitement: Cathe Road Trip!

Hoping everyone is doing well and is continuing to get their licks in.

Renee

Had a great time with sister at the Katy Perry concert the other night. I think the late night finally caught up to me today. Was supposed to do MMA Kickbox yesterday but after sister left, I reverted to work mode and exercise didn't happen. However, I did get MMA Kickbox done this morning. Not much else going on. There is another dog show this weekend in Richmond. I'll have to check the schedule to see when goldens are showing and then decide if I want to drive down again one day or not.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday. Get those licks in!
Michelle

Party Rocking Step 1 today. It was my choice of a cardio or RIDE and I went with PR1. Such a fun workout and I love the music Cathe uses for this dvd. Not much else going on. Just the regular routine.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Michelle

Did MM today.

Michelle, So glad the concert turned out well. We all bypass workouts sometimes. No biggy. Great job on MMA Kickbox this morning. I'm getting my licks in. YaHoo! Oh, I see you also did Rocking Step 1 today. Good for you!

Renee, The classes you have took sounds so interesting! I should have been there for music, dance and singing. Love it! I bet you can't wait to teach what you've learned. Sounds like you enjoyed it all. Good for you. Next time I want to go with you! You and your sister will have some good memories with the Katy Perry concert. How fun! Congrats for starting Meso 2 STS again. You really can't go wrong with those workouts. How was the Blue Grass Festival? I love a variety of music too. People ask what kind do I like, and I can't say because I love it all! Well most of it. LOL OOOOO another Cathe road trip. Yep, life is treating you good.

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
Nice quiet Saturday. Did STS Total Body and was just dripping with sweat. Beautiful weather here today. Spent a little time outside; just relaxing with my DH now. I went on Beachbody to check out PiYo. I think Kathy said she had ordered that. Didn't see any option to preview the workouts. Guess I'll have to check YouTube. Hope everyone is having a great Saturday.
Michelle

I now know how to paste larger photos. LOL My hair is short looking in this photo because it is all bunched up. It's actually down a little past my waist.

10275419_802461839764621_1530324290001751063_o.jpg

This was taken of Joey and Me at my Brothers and sister in laws 45th wedding anniversary yesterday. We had so much fun. Age has caught up to us.

Will post later on my workout today.

Update: Did MM and cleaned our Sun Room. We are in Shelton for a little while. Went to a Wedding Anniversary party.

Michelle, Great job on STS Total Body and dripping with that wonderful sweat. YaHoo!

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
Crossfire yesterday. Love those tabatas! Rest day today. Had one of those nights where my sore muscles were keeping me awake. Finally got up at 2:30 am and took an Aleve. That did the trick and I was finally able to fall asleep but the alarm sure did go off early this morning. The countdown to the Cathe Roadtrip is officially ON: 25 days.

Janie: love the picture of you and Joey. Do you have naturally curly hair?

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!
Michelle

It's been a busy couple weeks. Lily did great at her cheer performance and has this week off from everything but swim. It's nice to have my evenings again - time is truly precious. Brodie had his birthday party on Saturday but I did sneak away about 1.5 hours to celebrate my actual birthday with a Pilates class (my mom joined me which was fun) and opening presents. Dave got me the pre-order DVD's and downloads so now I'll "patiently" wait for Cathe to release those. I worked my butt off the rest of the day with the party. We went to a laser tag place and then had the boys over for pizza, cake, and a sleepover - everyone had a great time.

Last week was hard because Lucas caught hand, foot, and mouth disease so he was miserable and sick through Thursday. Right in the middle of my busiest time at work and my poor baby didn't give me more than 2 hours of sleep at a time, I was exhausted on Saturday. He did sleep well this weekend so I'm feeling human again. His giggles came back on Thursday and he's back to feeling well.

Wrapping up fiscal year end this week at work and then we get a 3 day weekend. We'll be heading to my in-laws for a day to see a 4th of July rodeo, parade, and some limited fireworks. I think we'll do our fireworks with the kids on the 3rd since my in-laws neighborhood has banned fireworks.

I've been getting workouts in but this week I'm going to get back to focusing on clean eating (too much sugar this weekend has me feeling ill) and getting my sweat on!

I think Dave is convinced to get the kids a cat somewhat soon. Lily has been begging (worms and ants for pets is just sad) and I told him a fish just isn't going to cut it. I think he's aiming for over the next 2 weeks so we'll see.

Janie - Congrats on 23 years, what a wonderful achievement :) You are absolutely beautiful and age has treated you well - it's a success to age well! Taco gave me a good laugh.

Kathy - So awesome you're able to do more with your arm, what a great PT!

Cindy

Michelle - Fingers crossed puppies will be expected soon. So glad you enjoyed Katy Perry, there are things I like and don't like about her but we do sing a lot of her songs with Lily around.

Renee - Sounds like you had such a great time and found some momentum - I love things that blow some extra wind into my sails :) Glad you're back with your cats.

Yoga max this morning. Definitely not yoga relax but much more like work. My muscles are happier after the yoga practice. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do next. I think that Cathy has not posted a July rotation so I might just focus on doing her more intense cardios this month (Crossfire, to the Max, Intensity, etc.) mixed with weight work to prepare for the Cathe roadtrip. The Cathe Roadtrip weekend is more about endurance (at least for me) than strength although I want to stay on top of my strength training as well. WRT waiting for news on puppies: July 4th will mark a little over two weeks since MaiKai's breeding was complete. I figure I'll wait until July 18 before I contact the breeder to see if the breeding took. Hopefully by then, Seiko will have gone into heat as well. So hard to be patient. I'll copy the link to the sire and post it so everyone can see the sire for MaiKai's hopeful litter.

Okay, I've got to go approve a proposal. Be back later.

Michelle

Finished with baby sitting with my grandson. Tomorrow I give back Taco. Then today is Joey's birthday and the 4th will celebrate with the kids. Today was MM.

Michelle, Great job on yoga. I too love it after a heavy workout. So soothing, even it it's a hard workout in itself. The stretching feels sooooo good. I think your plan on doing intense cardios is the way to go, before the road trip. When you hear about if the breeding took, let us know. We'll have to celebrate somehow. LOL

Take care,

Janie

Yesterday was High Reps upper body premix and today was the original IMAX. Yesterday we also got my DH's bronchoscopy results: negative for cancer and infection. That was the good news. DH needs to lose some weight which would help his lung function. The collapsed middle lobe appears to be due to some cartilage in the bronchial tube that is blocking the tube. It may never reinflate but losing some weight would definitely help. We have an appointment with a nutritionist later this month.

If you like Shiva Rea yoga dvds, Acacia Lifestyle is having a heck of a sale. $5 for quite a few of Shiva Rea's dvds with no shipping charge.

Michelle

Today was Latino dancing for my cardio.
Happy 4th tomorrow if I don't get on. Hope you all have a good time celebrating it.

Michelle, Great job on yesterdays High Reps uppver body premix and for today's IMAX So good to learn that it will help your honey with his condition by diet. I'm sure it's a relief! Give him hugs for me and will say prayers too for a better outcome with the nutritionist. Thank you for the heads up on Shiva Rea's DVD's and no shipping charges.

Take care,

Janie

Good morning. Hope everyone had a happy 4th of July. Ours was low key and quiet. Just relaxed and visited with neighbors. Did LIS Total Body Trisets back biceps and core premix and then a 30 minute Shiva Rea Yoga Practice. I'm going to try to do more yoga (again) to see if it helps my sore muscles. Today will be a cardio day: either Intensity or Body Max (cardio only). I'll decide on that later.;)

Janie: are you back at the beach house or your base house? I'm guessing beach house, but....Loved the pictures of you on FB with you DH.

Hope everyone continues to enjoy the holiday weekend.
Michelle

Yesterday, Rolly and I walked on the beach for an hour one time and then another hour later in the day. I needed it with all the strange and wonderful food I ate on the 4th. My lambs!

Michelle, Love those the kind of holidays that are low keyed. Great job on LIS Total Body Trisets, back biceps and core premix and 30 minutes of Shiva Rea Yoga. Yoga certainly helps me with my tendons and muscles. An exercise that is much needed for me. Yep, I'm back at the Beach House. So nice to be here!

Take care,

Janie

Today was another two hours walking on the beach with Rolly. Now to visit a friend and do some serious cleanmax.

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.