Getting Our Licks In!

Lots of yard work today and a long walk on the beach with Rolly. I was only suppose to stay here for a few days but it looks like I will stay here until the 16th. I didn't prepare for STS while here! Not sure what to do until I go back to Shelton to get my STS series. Darn! I guess just keep working out until I have STS with me. Nothing I can do about it until then. Just continue with the DVD's I have with me, the ones for April Rotation. It's sooooooo hard! Yikes!

Michelle, Glad you took a break today. You are a good girl. Aw sounds like the shower was so special. Visiting with family is important too. Enjoy.

Janie

Mostly lurking as of late...

Hello from the mostly lurking one!

I've been on Spring Break as of Friday afternoon. Its a wonderful thing too. All the stress of my Orff concert is behind me. BTW, it went great. Probably the best one yet. Despite all the days we missed from snow/ice/weather the kids really did a fantastic job.

I've stayed on track with Mesocycle 2. I'm in the second week, and since it is Spring break, I've increased the intensity just a tad. On my weight training days, I have put a 30-40 minute cardio in as my "warm-up". I have added some step in, from DVD's I tend to overlook. Did the first 30 minutes of Step Fit on Saturday and 40 minutes of Step Blast today, plus the weight training part of the rotation of the day. I have also added 50-75 grams more protein to my diet which is now about 150-175 grams. I am very interested in body building. Have cut down on the fat, which was already on the low side and getting more complex carbs. After STS I will look into a Golds Gym membership just to see what more I can do to improve my overall fitness and goals. It may or may not be for me, only time will tell.

Janie, you should check out bodybuilding.com. Lots of useful information there. You gotta dig around a bit. I like the article about "The Female Training Bible: Everything you need to Get the Sexy Body You Desire!" A lot of stuff is for guys, but there is also a lot for women.

Laura, congratulations! I divorced 11 years ago, and had it relatively easy compared to most. I am glad you can close that part of your life and move forward. Onwards and upwards! Don't look back, and reach for the stars!!

Hello to Kathy and Cindy! Keep getting your licks in!

~Renee

4-14-14

Sorry I've been MIA but it was very hectic at the office. I forgot where I left off so will just start up again w/over the weekend.

Saturday was KCM's Shape Up workout #1 + 21DF 10 min. abs. This was a sweat fest for sure. Sunday was 21DF Upper Fix. My arms were already toast from all the weight work you do in Shape Up. My arms were killing me yesterday. Tonight will be Amy Bento Ross's Drop Set Strength Legs. I haven't done this workout in a long time & it looks good. I'm into these 30 min. workouts lately. However, you'd be surprised at how little there is for an all upper body workout in 30 min. There's mostly splits. I may have to rethink my rotation & go back to doing splits for a while.

Janie Sis: Glad you completed your 1 RM & can start on STS. You'll regain your strength in no time. Those were nice days spent walking on the beach w/Rolly. Sorry that you don't have STS w/you. Its already the 14th though. Before you know it you'll be back home.

Michelle: That rest day I'm sure was much needed. The bridal shower was special. Glad you enjoyed yourself & you've been rockin it w/your workouts.

Renee: I just knew the concert would be wonderful & the kids would do a good job. Glad to hear all turned out well. I'm so jealous of you for now having Spring Break. What I wouldn't give for that. I didn't know you were interested in body building. I'll check out The Female Training Bible over on bb. I had attended a fitness weekend w/Jen Hendershott & I had rec'd a one month free membership to Golds Gym. I loved it there.

Take care,
Kathy

Lots of yard work today. The weather is very windy so, no beach walk today.

Renee, So glad the concert went well! Good going on Meso 2, second week and for increasing the weight. I'm so glad to hear you are improving and also interested in body building. Yes! I will check out bodybuilding.com and look for all the wonderful info on building a body for women. Thank you for the link.

Kathy Sis, Perfect time to start again. Well, anytime is a perfect time to start over, but Spring, it's just so nice. LOL Great job on KCM's Shape Up workout 1 and 21DF 10 min. abs. For Sun. 21DF Upper Fix. Enjoy Amy tonight.

Take care everyone,

Janie

So--I took two days off from exercise. Felt good. Back to the April rotation today--skipped over Supercuts and yoga and went with the beginning of week 3: XTRAIN cardio leg blast. Always a fun workout.

Janie: did you start STS today? It is very windy here today too and it was very windy yesterday. In fact, I think it is supposed to be windy, rainy, and much cooler (darn) tomorrow. That's okay the cool days will be short lived.

Kathy: sometimes 30 minute rotations are just the ticket. Your variety in exercise always amazes me. You really mix up the workout trainers.

Sister: enjoy your spring break. If I'm lucky, I might get to take a break in the Fall but I'm not hopeful at this point, unless we get a puppy. If we get a puppy in the fall, I'll definitely take a break no matter what.

Hi to Laura and Cindy. Hope everyone is doing well.
Michelle

4-15-14

Last night was a good workout w/Amy. :) I forgot just how good Drop Set Strength is. Its short but very effective. Tonight's Pilates Fix.

Michelle: What the heck is going on w/your BB order anyway? Is the package coming soon? It does the body good to give a good rest once in a while. I love Cardio Leg Blast. Next week I'll be changing it up. Planning on doing Xtrain Burn Sets. Not quite sure how to fit in pilates but I'll try. I have quite a bit of dvds in my collection.

Janie Sis: Glad you got to all your yard work. Will you tackle one of the workouts from the April rotation until you get back home?

Its quite windy, rainy & its supposed to go down to 32 degrees tonight! What's up w/this weather anyway? Yesterday I was wearing a spring dress & a spring coat. Today back to fall clothes. Ugh!

Hope everyone has a good day!
Kathy

Things have been busy but good. Dave and I spent the weekend celebrating our anniversary (a month early) at a hot spring resort. Lots of soaking with controlled eating and drinking :) Had a great time and even got in the P90X3 Warrior workout on Saturday. Last night I did Hiit Pyramid and tonight I'm planning to do Athletic Trianing Upper, if I'm pressed for time I'll do the P90X3 Challenge. Brodie has his first baseball game tonight and I'm scheduled to work concessions so my night may go later than planned and press me for time. Fingers crossed the rain/snow goes away so we're not miserable.

Janie - Great job getting the yard work done, that's still on my to-do list! Hope the wind is away for you soon.

Renee - Glad you had a relaxing spring break, sounds like you hit it hard with workouts!

Kathy - I love when I am reminded about how great a workout is :)

Michelle - Sounds like the days off were needed!

Cindy

Went walking on the beach with Rolly for an hour. Then did Low Impact Series: Turbo Barre premix 2. 57 min. Yowie! All good though.

Michelle, Great job on XTrain cardio leg blast. I'm at the Beach House right now, and didn't expect to stay this long so didn't bring STS with me. I'll be leaving for my daughters tomorrow for an appt. the next day. Then I'll be going back to Shelton. On Easter Sun. will visit our kids get-together, spend the night and back to Shelton again. Where we will gather things and take to our Beach House for the rest of Spring until Fall. Then in the Fall will travel to Southern CA. When we settle back into beach life will start STS ASAP!

Kathy Sis, Great job with Drop Set Strength. April weather is sooooo weird even here. LOL

Cindy, Awwwe, Happy early Anniversary! Sounds like such a lovely time together. Also for getting in P90X3 Warrior on Sat. Great job on Athletic Training Upper.

Take care everyone,

Janie

4-16-14

Last night was 21 DF Pilates Fix. I swear Autumn the instructor is the Queen of Planks! Tonight I'll be doing Susan Chung's Rapid Fire #3 one of the premixes + her abs. Like I didn't already get enough ab work from pilates. I just love Susan's ab work.

Janie Sis: Enjoy your Easter Sunday w/the kids + all the time at the beach house. Just make sure you take all of your dvds w/you. And Turbo Barre is TOUGH! Great job on doing the whole 57 min. Yowza!

Cindy: Happy early Anniversary! What a great & relaxing time you & Dave had. I've never been to a hot spring resort before. Sounds wonderful. My DH & I booked a few days at Atlantic City Borgota Hotel. We don't gamble at all but their spa is wonderful + the meals & drinks are great too. We're not leaving until May 12th. My DH Andy is burnt out from this winter & he can't wait to go. We even got SNOW last night. It was just a dusting but I can't stand it anymore. Its only 32 degrees today. You did some great workouts too. How's the upper body workout in Athletic Training? Is it mostly metabolic? How did Brodie do on his first baseball game?

Take care ladies!
Kathy

Pyramid upper body yesterday and an inch and half of rain. Bootcamp the orignial this morning--I survived. It was a two towel workout--sweat, sweat, sweat. Tomorrow--Lord give me strength--I'm going to see if I can get through all 5 Tabatas in Tabatacise. It was cool here today but once the wind calmed down, the afternoon got very nice. Supposed to be back to spring-like weather tomorrow. I had meetings at Quantico today, again tomorrow, and on Friday. Works well for me because traffic has been extremely unpleasant this week.

Cindy: Happy early anniversary. Sounds like a wonderful break for you and your DH. HIIT pyramid is a great travel workout. I often take that one with me when I'm on business travel.

Kathy: I am happy to announce that I got an email from Beachbody today informing me that my workouts have shipped. Should have them next week. A few days in Atlantic City sounds like fun. I'm partial to Cape May, New Jersey. We stayed there back in 2004 when we ran the boat down to Virginia from New York. We stayed there a couple of days--it was really nice. Would love to go back sometime.

Janie: it is nice to spend Easter with family. Hope you appointment goes well tomorrow and that you have a very Happy Easter. My Joe and I are going down to my aunt and uncle's house, will also see my cousin and his wife (they are the ones expecting their first child). It would be nice to see my parents and sister but I don't leave my DH on the specific holi-day. I also plan on going to Easter Mass early Sunday morning. I don't go to church enough and I really do enjoy Mass at the church I attend (when I do go).

Hi to sister (who I know is lurking--come on, check in already) and to Laura.
Michelle

Tabatacise--all 5--this morning! Boy--I felt so good after doing all 5. Not easy but I felt like I really pushed my cardio endurance. I've felt "it" in my legs since about mid-day. Not a whole lot going on. Just doing the work thing and enjoying when my Nationals play a good game of baseball--not so much when they don't. Hope everyone is getting geared up for a good weekend of exercise and happy Easter-time with their family and friends.
Michelle

Will come back later to post my workout. First I have to do some yard work while here in Shelton.

Update: Yard work! Balancing and sawing at the same time makes for a great cardio workout along with legs and butt. I think I'll have DOM's in my heart, legs and butt! A 3 hours workout. WooHoo!

Kathy Sis, Great job on 21 DF Pilates Fix.

Cindy, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Michelle, Great job on Pyramid Upper Body and also for Bootcamp the original. Love these sweat fest workouts! OMG! Crossing fingers for tomorrow's all 5 Tabatas! Yikes! Do Enjoy Eater with family. Haven't gone to Mass for awhile, maybe I'll do the same.

Michelle, Congratulations! You did all 5 Tabatacise! I'm so impressed, that is some accomplishment. Congratulations!

Take care everybody,

Janie

Last edited:
Yesterday was MMA Boxing and today was Lower Body Blast. I have not done LBB in a very long time--tough workout. My legs still feel like jello. So happy tomorrow is yoga. Can't believe I just typed that.

Janie: welcome home (back to Shelton, that is)! Feels good to get outside and move around, doesn't it?

Kathy: guess what? My 21 day fit package finally arrived today. 21 day fit will be my May rotation. Looking forward to trying out some of these workouts that you've been talking about.

Hi to Cindy, Laura, and sister.
Hippity hop--
Michelle

4-21-14

Hi Ladies!

Sorry again for being MIA. I took a sick day on Thursday as my lower back was giving me problems. I think its the computer at work that's making my lower back hurt. Felt better on Friday but took both of those days off from working out.

Saturday I did Xtrain Timesaver (chest/back/shoulders rounds 1-6) + Core #1. Sunday was Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast Timesaver #4 (rounds 1-6). Tonight will be Xtrain Timesaver #5 (rounds 1-7 + Core #2).

Easter was enjoyable w/DH & DS. Made a ham & we'll be eating that ham for a while. LOL

Michelle: Glad you enjoyed your Easter. Also happy that you finally rec'd 21 DF. I hope you enjoy Autumn as much as I do. WOW on doing all 5 Tabatas. Your my hero. I'll attempt doing all of them next week just to see if I can. I haven't done Bootcamp either in a long time. It sounds like Cathe's April rotation is just brutal. Definitely not to my liking.

Janie: 3 hours of yard work is quite a workout. Glad you enjoyed your Easter w/your family. I'll have to check out that chicken you tube when I get home tonight. Can't view it at work.

Waves to Renee, Laura & Cindy!
Kathy

So, I just can't seem to get the yoga workout in on Sundays. My body just needs a rest day with this April rotation. Got up yesterday and went to the early Easter Mass--me about 750 other people. Our church was packed but it was only going to get worse with the next 6 Masses after the first. On the bright side, my favorite priest said the Mass so it was all good. DH and I went to my aunt's and uncle's for Easter dinner--my cousin and his nearly 8 mos pregnant wife also there. It was a very nice visit. Athletic Step and STS weights and plates abs this morning. I think the weights and plates ab workout is the hardest one of that dvd.

Kathy: having a hurting/sore back is a bummer. Can you get a better chair at work? Do you have room for a stability ball. Some folks in my office keep a ball in their office to sit on. And in our new building, we are going to have desks that move up and down so we can stand and work too. I'm wondering how long the desks will actually go up and down and then get stuck. Should be interesting.

Janie: I saw the chicken hug video that you posted on FB. Very cute.

Hope everyone had a happy Easter.
Michelle

All out low impact HIIT this morning. Fun workout--one of my favorites. Not alot going on. Just the regular work routine--Quantico, office, home. DH should be getting his new Family Dog book by Richard Wolters delivered today. I'm taking his wanting this book as a good sign. It's about getting a new puppy and training it. DH thought we had the book before but I'm pretty sure we had Water Dog by the same author and I think our first dog, Plug who was a yellow lab, chewed it up. Could have been Rippy that chewed up the book but I think it was Plug. When Ripken was a pup the only thing that he chewed was my favorite pair of Teva sandals and he also had that toilet paper fetish for a while. You know where you come home and there is toilet paper all over the house. Good memories. Either way, now he will have Family Dog (the book). It's a start.

Hope everyone is staying on track and getting their licks in.
Michelle

During the weekend I found out our (mom, dad and siblings) family friend. Died from a stoke. He was 90 years old. He was like a second dad to me while growing up. I'm leaving for East of the mountains to visit with my Dad, siblings and friends. And on Sat. will be at the funeral.

Will do lots of walking when I can, but can't do my planned STS until after I get back home. Will start on Tuesday if nothing else happens in life to prevent it. It's life, things happen and there is nothing you can do about it.

Will try to use computers as they come up visiting one from one house to the other. If you don't hear from me will talk again when I get home.

Janie

4-22-14

Last night had a good workout w/Xtrain (bis/tris) Timesaver #4 rounds 1-5 + Core #2. Tonight will be 21DF Pilates. Oh my poor sore abs! Back is feeling much better. I have to be careful to not always hunch over when viewing my computer monitor. Bad habit of mine.

Michelle: I hope that DH after finishing the book will approach you w/getting a new puppy. Sounds promising. AOLIC is one of my favorites too. Glad to hear you had an enjoyable Easter.

Janie sis: I'm so sorry for your loss. Come back to post when you can.

Take care,
Kathy

4-23-14

Hi Ladies!

Last night I just rested. Way too much work at the office & I was TIRED! Tonight I'll do PRS #1. Hopefully I'll get past combo #4 this time. We'll see.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Take care,
Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.