Getting Our Licks In!

4-24-14

Where is everybody? I'm once again all by my lonesome! :-( LOL

Last night I did Kelly Coffey Meyer's Bootcamp workout #1. I liked this one & Kelly has an extended stretch at the end. It felt great. I took advantage of Mary's sale at total fitness dvds that she has every year & picked up 3 new KCM's that I didn't have in my collection.

Tonight will be 21 DF Yoga.

I guess everybody's quite busy.

Take care,
Kathy

Things have been really busy so I apologize for being so quiet. Last week was bad for workouts but I've jumped back on this week. So far I've done Athletice Training (short 22 min workout since I started at 9pm), Tabatacise 1-3 + burn set back, and Afterburn 1-10 singles. Tonight I will do Hiit 40/20 and tomorrow I'm signed up for a Pilates Equipment class. Saturday we're off to Billings for Lily's last cheer competition and then we'll stay with some friends and be home on Sunday. Saturday will be a day off but I plan to get back to it on Sunday.

Kathy - Great job with all your workouts! I've been feeling tired at night also and I'm ready for that to end :)

Janie - I'm so sorry to hear about your family friend, so sad to lose someone that has made such an impact in your life.

Michelle - I'm so happy your DH got that book, all signs are looking positive to have a new baby to keep you on your toes!

Cindy

4-25-14

Last night was 21DF Yoga. I can only take yoga in small doses. Yoga's just not my cup of tea but I know its necessary. At least I like this one. Tonight's a rest day.

Saturday I'll start in with a KCM rotation. I want to use the new dvds that I received.

Cindy: Good to hear from you! I know how busy you are. Enjoy your weekend & good luck on Lily's cheer competition. Enjoy your time w/friends. You've been doing some heavy duty workouts too. Give your body a chance to rest & recoup for when you get back.

Have a good weekend ladies!
Kathy

Geez, I guess this week just slipped away from me, my last checkin day was Monday. I've been dutifully sticking with the 4th week of Cathe's April rotation. Yesterday was Cardio Kicks and today was Powerhour; Wednesday was legs and glutes; Tuesday was All Out Low Impact HIIT. I've got one more day of the April rotation and I think I'm going to switch to Jillian Michaels for a few days next week and then start 21 day Fit.

Kathy: Thanks for holding down the fort for a few days. I'm with you on the yoga. I'm hoping I can motivate to do the yoga practice on Sunday but we'll see.

Cindy: sounds like you've got the normal hectic work/life/kids routine going.

Janie: so sorry to hear about the passing of your family friend. You are so good about going with the flow of life.

Michelle

Tried to check-in early but I was having internet connections issues. Things look more hopeful this time around. Did a mile and a half walk this morning to get my legs warmed up then did AOLIH. Watched the Nationals baseball game then washed our 2 SUVs and 1 pickup truck. Really beautiful weather day here, nice breeze, mid-70s--great spring day. I really feel very much at loose ends. I guess I've felt this way ever since Rippy went to the rainbow bridge. DH and I are talking about a new puppy but the search/wait is going to take some time. Right now, I just have to get my puppy love from the neighborhood dogs. Saw some great pups today on my walk.

Hope everyone is doing well and getting their licks in.
Michelle

Yoga relax today. I toyed with the idea of taking an Aleve last night, my body was so sore and tired but I passed. Finally fell asleep. Woke up this morning and thought: maybe I should have taken an Aleve. Opted to do yoga relax this morning and my body feels so much happier. Funny how that works.

Speaking of work, play, relaxation, life: where is everyone? Folks must be outside doing yardwork. Hope you are still getting your licks in.

Michelle

4-28-14

Saturday I did KCM's Weights (this is a new one that I purchased recently) workout #1 (back/chest/shoulders). Sunday was Cathe's ROKO timesaver #1 (cardio kicks/cardio gloves/stretch). I forgot how good this workout is. The music rocks too! Tonight's KCM's Shape Up (the tabata cardio/weights workout). This one is tough but I'll get through it.

Michelle: Glad to see you posting again. Missed you. You've been doing some tough workouts. Don't blame you for switching to something a little bit easier. Let me know what you think of 21DF workouts when you get to them.

Janie: Good to see you posting again. Get some rest & check back in later.

No yardwork Michelle but I did meet with my contractor on Saturday. We need some work on the deck + powerwashing the house & deck, etc. Getting everything ready for summer.
Just relaxed over the weekend.

Take care,
Kathy

Internet was down last night so I couldn't get on line. Thank you do much for all the condolences. I'm doing good.
Now at the Beach House and Rolly and I walked over an hour on the beach this morning.
Today was STS Disc 1 Chest, shoulders and biceps. Whew! Nice to get back in the game.

Kathy Sis, Great job on KCM's Weights on Sat. then on Sun. ROKO Timesaver 1.

Take care everyone,

Janie

HERE I AM!! lol:eek: Kathy!!

Sooooo. I am finally divorced!! YIP YIP HORRAY! and I took a week vacation in Scottsdale AZ and just got back late yesterday. Back in the saddle today and feeling so much better about everything it's amazing! Well except for the weight I gained over the past year which puts me back to as heavy as I was years ago when I first started checking in with Michelle and Janie. I feel like I can handle it now though. And although its frustrating to be back where I started years ago I know I can do it because I have done it before! Right? I know Janie and Renee both had sets backs and amazing come backs and I am going to too!

I did finish up the Cross Xtrain Express before I left. I only worked out a little on vaca as my body really just need some decompression and down time from the stress. i swam some leisurely laps, did a core max routine and the KB from 4ds.

I am moving on to the Hardcore Series now. Yesterday I did Low Max way fun factor, love the combos and the blasts don't kill me. Today I got GS Legs out of the way cause it has a HUGE dread factor and today I remembered why! I kept my weights light and took longer breaks to ease myself back in!

Ill catchup on personals tomorrow!

Night Ladies!

4-29-14

Last night was tough doing KCM's Shape Up workout #1 (tabata cardio & weights). Whew I'm glad that's over with. This is a workout that Kelly does on her own when she's not teaching. Its just you & Kelly working out. Had a good sweat going on.

Tonight will be 21DF Pilates. Ah! I really like this one.

Janie Sis: Walking on the beach for an hour is sooo relaxing. And great job on STS & getting back in the saddle.

Laura: CONGRATS!!!! What a relief & now you can move onward & upward from here. Good job on starting the Hardcore series. That's not easy & the workouts are long. You've been through so much & from here on out only good things will happen for you. I just know it. :)

Where the heck is Renee? Isn't spring break over with by now. LOL

Waves to Michelle & Cindy.

Take care everyone,
kathy

Busy day, in fact it's going to be a whirl wind of a month!! The girls have their school May Pole Dance, are performing in a Circus for two performances on a weekend, have a violin recital, their end of the year Ballet Recital for two performances on Memorial Day weekend, their over night class trip, not to mention wrapping up the school year and preparing for summer!:eek: PHEW I am already exhausted! Not to mention all the name changing stuff and new passports and changing insurances stuff I have to deal with....

Today was my classes and I did Kick Max for myself. I really was lame on the blast section though. I could hardly get my feet off the floor for all those tuck jumps and pile jumps. I have been taking it easy because my feet and knees have been talking to me but I think I need to start picking it up again. I am not going to lose weight and get in better shape by watching Cathe and Crew jump as high as they can while I give it 50%!:eek:

Kathy that sounds like a tough workout! Enjoy your Pilates. So good for you!

Have cardio today so walked fast for 30 min. on the beach. Did a lot of yard work too.

Laura, Congratulations for doing a very hard thing such as a Divorce! OMG! I remember mine and for me I didn't want it and when the day happen, I was so sad. But, it just so happen it was the best thing that has ever happen to me. It changed me forever in a good way. So glad you took a week vacation. Scottsdale AZ sounds unique. Back in the saddle again. You got that right! You are awesome doing that and not giving up. You Go Girl! Good Attitude is a must have. I see you have a great one. ;) It won't surprise me with the muscle memory you have and the determination that you will be where you want to be very soon. Your motivation is motivating me! LOL! Great job on Low Max yesterday and for today's GS Legs. Easing back into exercise is a must. You are smart.

Kathy Sis, Great job on doing KCM's Shape Up workout 1. Sounds awesome and challenging.

Laura, What is "May Pole Dance"? Sounds like fun. Seems there is no end with all the fun at school, violin recital, circus Ballet Recital... It will all work out, just keep on top of it. Great job with your classes and Kick Max. I'm scared to jump that high. I guess your right and I also need to push myself a little more.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Hi everyone. Been a busy work week and just haven't had the opportunity to check in. Ended up taking a rest day on Monday, Jillian Michaels 30-day shred workout yesterday and Jillian Michaels 6-pack abs today. Got new kinds of soreness all over my body. My left buttock has a major "kink" in it from yesterday's workout. Going to stick with JM workouts for the rest of the week and then get into my 21-day Fit dvds next week.

Kathy: so I'm seeing the method to your madness of mixing up workout instructors. New kinds of DOMs when you mix things up. Sister is slacking on her checkins. Her county is into the last month of classes and I think she is busy getting ready for the last set of music programs of the year. I'm glad you mentioned getting your deck cleaned up. I have to remind my DH that we need to schedule someone to powerwash and stain the deck.

Janie: welcome back "to the game." Starting STS is a good way to get rolling along again.

Laura: Congratulations on beginning a new phase of your life. You sound rested and reenergized. And with all the stuff going on in May, you are going to need the extra energy--that is for sure. Doing those blasts at the end of Kick Max are hard. I think you should not feel discouraged about doing what you can. Better to go a little easier than risk injury. As you shed pounds, you'll kick it up. You've got plenty of time!

Hope everyone is having a great week.
Hi to my missing sister.
Michelle

Today was Disc 2 back and triceps. Thinking about doing this week all over again, just to be on the safe side to make sure I'm ready for STS week 2.

Michelle, Great job on rest day for Mon. And doing 30-day shred yesterday and the abs today. Conrats for the DOM's.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Today was Disc 2 back and triceps. Thinking about doing this week all over again, just to be on the safe side to make sure I'm ready for STS week 2. Been practicing the guitar and almost can finger pick out pipeline. I'm so proud! Tonight will practice piano. YaHoo!

Michelle, Great job on rest day for Mon. And doing 30-day shred yesterday and the abs today. Congrats for the DOM's.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
5-1-14

Yesterday I did KCM's Muscle Definition workout #1. This is a total body workout. I forgot how good this one is. Tonight's Cardio Blast w/KCM workout #1. Its a step workout. First time I'll be doing it so have no idea what to expect.

Michelle: I don't mix things up too much but do try to be balanced within the week. For this week & the next I'm doing KCM's rotation. I rec'd new dvds of hers & wanted to try them out. After next week I'll probably go back to 21DF but incorporate different kickboxing workouts. But don't hold me to that as I tend to change my mind. I have 2 dvds from Jillian Michaels but just never seem to reach for them. Glad I reminded you on your deck. The weather here as been CRAZY! Awful rainstorm all day yesterday & into the night as well. Got a little water in my basement. We had 3 sides of the house waterproofed & now it looks like the 4th side will have to done.

Janie Sis: Glad your restarting STS. What does that mean re the guitar finger pick out pipeline? I'll have to ask DH. Have fun w/practising the guitar & the piano. :)

Have a great day everyone!
Kathy

OMG I JUST SIGNED UP FOR MY FIRST ROAD TRIP EVER!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:It is the weirdest consequence because I was driving to the new studio today and thinking to myself this would be the perfect year to do a road trip as a symbol of starting my new life (Ive wanted to go for years) and when I got to the studio I had a few minutes to spare before my first class and I was checking my email when low and behold I saw Cathe's Newsletter about the Dayton Beach Road trip!! And I got in!!! I just am so excited that I can't contain it! And of course non of my friends here would even get it!!! I've booked my flight and just need to get my hotel reservation and then count the days until Oct!!!!

I am so excited! I can't wait! Now I have a real motivation to lose that weight! Anybody else want to go to Dayton?

Yesterday I did GS C&T and i did all the pushups from my toes! I am soooo sore today!

Today will be Imax2.

Teaching at

Rolly, me, a neighbor and her doggie Cream, walked the beach just over an hour.

Kathy Sis, Great job on yesterdays KCM's Muscle Definition #1. Can't wait to know how Cardio Blast w/KCM worked for ya.

There is a rock instrumental in the 60's called "Pipeline". I was able to pluck/finger pick out the music from a tablature I got on the internet. I love this music!

Laura, Congrats for signing up Daytona Road Trip. I bet you will love it! I'm so excited for you! Great job on GS C&T yesterday. And especially cool of being able to do them on your toes. Congrats for your DOM's. ;)

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
5-2-14

I did KCM's Cardio Blast workout #1 which was athletic step. The warmup was a little tricky but aside from that it was pretty good. I felt so energized afterwards not beat up. Worked up a good sweat. Tonight will be 21DF Yoga.

Laura: Congrats on signing up for your 1st road trip. You'll have a blast. I'm excited for you. I went to Glassboro, NJ 2005 road trip. You'll have a blast for sure. And great job on GS C&T. All the GS's are not easy.

Janie Sis: Nice walk you had there. Now I get it re the Pipeline. Your doing so well w/learning the guitar & piano. Great job! Enjoy.

Don't have any plans for the weekend. Sometimes that's best.

Waves to Michelle, Renee & Cindy!

Have a great weekend everyone,
Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.