Getting Our Licks In!

Did Butts & Guts + the stability ball abs.

Kathy Sis, Great job on Flex Train. On #38 is the warm up, Low Impact with light weight, a step workout and then the stretch.

Cindy, Running around chading Lucas and cleanmax is a workout in itself. I'm sure. LOL I really like what you have planned. I don't see any improvements of this rotation. You Go! And have fun.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Hi everyone. Well, it was a very busy week for me. Managed to get in a Shiva Rea yoga practice Tuesday and Wednesday morning and had good meetings with the Marines out at Twentynine Palms both days. In the middle of the desert and it was actually a bit on the cool side. Thursday was travel day back to the east coast and yesterday was recover from travel day. I'm going to do some light cardio and core workouts this weekend and then pick up with Cathe's April rotation on Monday.

Janie: looks like you are doing the April rotation as well. I'll be "in" with you on that starting Monday. BTW, Happy Birthday--a little late. I thought about you on Tuesday and then with all my meetings I forgot to checkin. Hope you had a great day!

Kathy: still no 21 day fit workouts here. Guess now that I'm done with STS, I'll have to send Beachbody another email to ask what the status of my order is. They will find me a bit more persistent now.

Cindy: based on my quick read through the last weeks checkins, it sounds like you are having a normal hectic week between work, kids, and life in general. That looks like a pretty good 7-day workout schedule. You've packed in some of Cathe's most intense cardios.

Now--question of the day: does anybody know what "juicing" means? I was watching the morning news earlier in the week and they were talking about juicing. Have no idea what that is.

Michelle

I survived a 3 girl sleepover, the littlest only woke once and that's normal for me since I was up with Lucas once and again when Brodie got up to go to the bathroom - just wanted to make sure he wasn't one of the girls. I'm planning to do a double workout today once I'm back from picking Brodie up from a baseball camp. The sun is shining here and I think I may try to get some seeds planted indoors :)

Janie - Butts and guts sounds like a great workout, it's one I want to get at some point. Great job!

Michelle - Glad it was a great trip and that you're back. I believe juicing is when people go on a diet where all they eat/drink is fruits and veggies that they put in a juicer. I think there's a program/diet lined out that says what to juice and when to drink it but it's supposed to kick start some weight loss.

Cindy

Got in my workout--4DS HIS cardio only premix and CoreMax #3--then DH and I got a truckload of mulch and I did mulch max. Got the front garden done which was my plan for the day so I'm happy. Will work on the smaller "gardens" on the side of the house tomorrow. Ya'll have to know that my gardening skills are limited. I'm happy to keep my plants alive, the weeds at bay, and keep things presentabe with new garden dirt and mulch. Assuming I get the smaller side gardens done tomorrow, I'll move on to yard next weekend, weather permitting. It is prom night here at our local high school. Nice to see the teenagers dressed up and going out. I've watched all these kids grow up from babies. Hope they all have a great time and stay safe.

Cindy: congratulations for surviving the sleep-over. The joys of childhood. I remember those sleep-overs well. Usually not much sleeping going on, though. Before you know it, you will be taking prom pictures too.

Nationals baseball in about 15 minutes. Boy I love spring.
Michelle

Did STS Cardio Core Circuit premix 2, was about 34 min.

Michelle, Great job on Shiva Rea on Tues. and Wedn. and had successful meetings. I have to say that the April Rotation is very challenging even with the premixes I'm doing. LOL Enjoy, I know you will like it. Thank you for the wonderful Birthday wishes. :D From what I can figure out with juicing is much like a fast but with fresh fruit and veges juiced. I also learned it's better to eat full organic fruit and vegies, because you do need the pulp to make you feel more full, your body can tell when it's had enough. Otherwise it seems you are always hungry and will drink much more than your body needs (sounds like what sugar does to you, don't you think?). I've done it once for more than 20 some days and was ravenously hungry afterword. Just my opinion. Everybody is different and this may be a different experience for you.

Cindy, I do remember those days when my daughter had sleepovers. But I only had one child, makes a difference I'm sure. Enjoy the weather and gardening.

Michelle, Great job on 4DS HIS cardio only prm. and CoreMax # 3 and mulchmax and getting the front garden done. Wow! Your planning of the gardens sounds so cool. Lots of work ahead of you. But it's all good. Enjoy the teenagers prom night and also Nationals baseball.

Take care ladies,

Janie

Rolly and I walked a good hour today. And did the shortest premix cardio onlly. OMG! I barely made it through this one. I'm at the beach house for a week and then back to Shelton. The Art Association has an opening for Managing the Gallery this year. I'm seriously thinking about it. It's only on weekends and my pay would be 25% of all the monies that come in from the artists selling their work. Only thinking about it, I have until the 14th to make up my mind. Probably wouldn't get it anyways.

Also this rotation is SO HARD! Thinking about doing STS and continue after that with the Body Rotation Cathe created for me. Will need to prepare this week for STS and then will start it next Monday.

Take care,

Janie

Did 4DS LIS cardio only premix and coremax number 2 today. My ab muscles are definitely enjoying these core workouts. Watched the Nationals baseball game with my sweetie this afternoon, talked with sister on the phone, and then did a little more mulching on my side "gardens" and yardwork. Accomplished what I wanted to do for the day, so I am happy.

Janie: I'll be starting week two of the April rotation so I can "enjoy" this rotation with you. It does look quite challenging. I'll circle back around on the first week of the rotation at the end of the month. And there is nothing wrong with opting for a premix. I'm pretty sure X10 in its entirety would have me flat on the floor. If you want to "manage" the gallery this year, I think you should give it a try--nothing ventured, nothing gained my friend. Never say never because you just never know what might happen.

Okday--the start of another busy week coming up but work is good for the soul. Hope everyone has a wonderful week. Keep getting those licks in.
Michelle

Rainy day and a Monday--what a combo. Did Flex Train this morning and yes, Kathy, the tricep section is definitely the toughest segment of that workout. Busy week on tap, and I'm on call for local circuit coury jury duty on Wednesday and Thursday. I'm hoping that juries are not needed that day. Time will tell.

Hope everyone has a great start to their week!
Michelle

4-7-14

I had a wonderful weekend. Went out for some eats & drinks w/DH Saturday night. Sunday went shopping. Got some great deals on shoes, handbag & clothes. Saturday I did KCM's Shape Up workout #2 which is tabatas + weight training tabata style. Whew! That was some workout. Sunday was KCM's Your Best Body Upper Body & Core workout #1 premix. Tonight's KCM's Split Sessions Lower Body.

Michelle: You sure do quite a bit of gardening for someone that claims to not have a green thumb. Hmmm. I think your being modest. Glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks the tricep section in Flex Train is a killer. I love this workout anyway. Things are different here in NY re jury duty. We're on call the night before & if we have to attend its usually an entire week of just sitting & waiting to be called on a case. Boring. What does that mean circuit court?

Cindy: Sleepovers are always fun for the kids anyway. Not so much for us moms. I remember my DS w/his sleepovers. It was only a couple of his friends but sometimes it felt like an army in his room. LOL

Janie Sis: You're back at it for sure w/your workouts. Those are some tough ones you did. Great job! Enjoy being at the beach. I'm envious of you. You should definitely go for the Manager position at the Gallery. Don't think about it just do it. You'd be wonderful.

Waves to Laura & Renee!
Kathy

:eek::D:D:) AGAINST ALL ODDS MY X AND I SETTLED LAST FRIDAY WITH A MEDIATOR!!!:eek::):D

I can not tell you all the huge relief that I feel! He was going to lose in court and because his family is loaded they would have appealed endlessly and left me totally broke! So settling is huge!! As most rich people his money was all tied up legally and there was no legal right to any of it for me so l suppose like all compromises I don't feel great about it but I can live with it and honestly the peace of mind is HUGE

Now I feel like I can get on with my life and focus on getting my body back and healing from the HELL year!!

I did finish up the Body Blast series last week and today I did Power Circuits from Cross Train Xpress which I had never done and I enjoyed it a lot. I am keeping my step height low and weights low but that feels like what I need right now until this stress lightens up!!!:cool:

Preparing myself and figuring out my 1 rep max to start STS on Mon. Should take me all week to do that.

Been walking the beach almost every day since I've been here and always turning North to walk, but today I turned South. The erosion devastation is everywhere.

As I walked So. towards Mr. Bennett place(a place where he put blocks upon blocks to protect his property from the erosion) there were so many trees falling down. I even had the opportunity to see one go down all by myself. It was spectacular! No one was around but me. As I kept walking there were house roofs, a house almost at sea level coming down from the erosion. There is a beautiful A frame house just about to fall down as well. Wish I could get the windows, skylights and doors off that place. It would make a beautiful plant house. O well. Then just before I reached Mr. Bennett house there were a strew of these huge, (I mean huge) grave yard of tractor tires. Wish I could have a few of them for the garden too. O well. It's really sad to see all this going. Those poor people, I feel for them.

Michelle, Great job on 4DS cardio only prem and coremax 2. Very good on that gardening as well. Still thinking about the manager art job. Not convinced yet if I want to apply. Great job on doing Flex Train ths morning. Yuck, jury duty in my experience is so inconvenient.

Kathy Sis, It does sound like an enjoyable weekend. Good for you. Great job on Sat. KCM's Shape Up workout 2 tabatas and weight training tabata style. It sounds WHEW! LOL And for Sund KCM's Your Best Body Upper Body and Core w/o 1 premix. Hmmm unfortuanatly I'm thinking about it and getting cold feet about the art manager position.

Laura, Congratulations! Getting settled with your X. Wow, I bet you are so relieved. Yep, now you can move forward with a positive attitude. Congrats on finishing up the Body Blast Series. And great job on Power Circuits today.

Take care everyone,

Janie

4-8-14

Last night was KCM's Lower Body. Its been a while since I've done this one. I have serious DOMS today. This is the best lower body workout from KCM. Tonight's Pilates Fix.

Michelle: I can't believe you still don't have 21 Day Fix. Did you email them again today? I know they rec'd a new shipment in. This is why I can't understand you not receiving the set yet. Good luck w/jury duty.

Laura: CONGRATS!!!! What a relief. You can finally move forward w/your life. I'm assuming he is. Also congrats on finishing up Body Blast series.

Janie Sis: That's just terrible re all the erosion. I don't think I could walk that way. Good for you for restarting STS. I wish my arm was better b/c then I'd join you. You decided to give up the April rotation of Cathe's? I think you would be a wonderful manager at the Gallery. Think about it some more.

Renee's performance is coming up pretty soon. She's busy, busy, busy.

Waves to Cindy!
Kathy

I had an active weekend (Tabatacise, Turbobarre, jogging, and P90X3 Challenge) and am feeling DOMs from my shoulders to my calves! Tonight is Athletic Training and I'm looking forward to it. Lucas had an ear infection so I was home with him yesterday - spent more time reading than I did chores but I enjoyed it! It was a really beautiful day so I picked the big kids up from school and we played at the park before heading home for more outdoor play. On Sunday I bought a couple new shirts and a swim suit, I sure wish I liked my thighs better but they are what they are :)

My blood work came in and everything looks great except my sodium was low. Dave's sodium was also low and we were wondering if it's common for people that workout and sweat hard.

Janie - It's hard to see devastation like that and it is too bad you can't put the things that are still good to use. Enjoy STS!

Laura - I'm so happy things are settled for you! What a relief and a fresh start to your new life.

Kathy - Sounds like you had a spectacular weekend all around :)

Michelle - We are seeing 50/60's this week and I'm itching to get out into the yard, I think it's about time for us!

Cindy

Continued with the 1 rep max. It's like working out.

Kathy Sis, Great job on KCM's Lower Body. Congrats on the DOM's today. Yes the April Rotation is far to advanced for me. Decided I better get stronger and do STS. I'll get stronger now!

Cindy, Great job on your active weekend and doing Tabatacise, Turbobarre, jogging and P90X3 challenge. Congrat on your DOM's. Poor Lucas with that ear infection. It's so hard on such a young child.

Take care,

Janie

I repoprted for jury duty this morning but was not selected to sit the trial. Whew! That's one day down and two to go. My next day is tomorrow, so I call again tonight after 6pm to see if my panel has to report. I was at Quantico all day yesterday and will be able to attend a meeting there this afternoon at 3 since I wasn't selected to actually be on the jury.

Janie: awww, we won't be doing the April rotation together. Darn. I actually think the second week is not as hard as the first (and I won't do the first week until the end of the month since I missed doing that while on travel last week) but getting ready to do STS is exciting. Beach erosion is a devastating thing--but mother nature always wins if she wants to.

Kathy: thanks for reminding me about Beachbody. I just called them. They are saying that 21-day Fit is still on preorder. It will be another 2-3 weeks before I get the workouts. And I really don't have a green thumb. I'm a minimalist gardner, at best. I'm just trying to get my outdoors stuff done before it gets too hot. Once it gets hot, I turn into one big itch if I do any gardening and that's being covered head to toe (which also means I am one big puddle of sweat as well). Jury duty here is for Circuit Court and I have to give the VA judicial system credit for making jury duty as little of an imposition as possible.

Cindy: well if you keep up the workouts, your thighs should become less of an issue. You're doing some tough ones, that is for sure. Sodium is one of those "um" chemicals in our body, part of our electrolytes. Too low or too high can become a serious problem particularly with respect to becoming disoriented. My DH had an electrolyte issue about 14 years ago and it was not good. In his case, his potassium and magnesium were too low; sodium too high.

Laura: Congratulations and ((((HUGS)))) to you for finally getting to the end of the divorce/settlement process. Wonderful news.

Michelle

Quickie...

Major DOMS from the first week of meso cycle 2.

My 74 third, fourth and fifth graders are ready for their concert. So am I!

Spring break in two days!

Life is good.

Work. Work.

Renee

Okay--so I wrote earlier this week that the second week of the April rotation didn't seem as hard as the first week looked. I was wrong. Maybe it is just because it is getting to the end of the week and I'm a little more tired, but Afterburn kicked my butt this morning and tomorrow is Crossfire. Oh boy. On the positive side, I made it through Afterburn but my legs were FRIED.

I've got to finish shoving food in my mouth so I can head over to Henderson Hall (Marine Corps) for a meeting this afternoon. Try to get back later.
Michelle

Continuing with the 1 rep max and with Rolly, walking the beach. Yesterday Rolly and I walked the beach once for an hour and 45 min. then after dinner for 30 min. Love the beach! Will post later today on my activities.

Update: Today was walking on the beach with Rolly and doing yard work.

Michelle, Jury Duty sure does interrupt things. It is our duty though. Enjoy your meeting. I would love to continue with the April Rotation, but I'm simply not strong enough. That's why I want to do STS and the Body building Rotation just so I can mentally and physically gain muscle. (does that make sense? hmmmm LOL) Will feel better about myself to be stronger.

Renee, Great job on doing the first week of Meso cycle 2. YOOHOO! Can't wait to get the scoop on the 5th graders concert.

Michelle, Great job on the hard workouts Afterburn & Crossfire. Congrats for doing them. Wow. You are amazing GIRL!

Take care ladies,

Janie

Last edited:
My 1rep max is done! Will take today and tomorrow as rest days and start STS on Mon. YaHoo! Also am doing yard work and beach walking. Whew!

Janie

Was supposed to do Supercuts today but it would have been day 8 of exercise and I needed a break so I took one. Will do Supercuts tomorrow. Spent the better part of the day at a baby shower--nearly 5 hours long, for my cousin's wife. He is 50; she is 43; and they are expecting their first child. His first marriage; her second; and they've been married 3 years. They are very excited. It was quite a nice party. Also got to visit with my Aunt and Uncle who just got back from wintering in Florida earlier in the week. We'll be doing Easter dinner with them next weekend.

Janie: sounds like you have a good plan for getting back into the exercise groove. I don't completely blame you for switching gears. I might do that too if I hadn't just finished STS. So, I'm just going to suck it up and do the best I can with this rotation. Give that sweet little Rolly a hug and kiss for me.

Little quiet here but I know folks are probably busy outdoors with this nice spring weather. Hope everyone is doing well and getting their licks in.
Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.