Getting Our Licks In!

Today I did 10 min. on my climber, 10 min. on the mini trampoline and 10 min. on the treadmill. It was all good.:D

Renee, Great job on STS disc 25, chest an back and a seg. of ab hits. So sorry about your injury, you must be so frustrated.:confused: Enjoy your first grade play tomorrow. I bet it will be adorable. They are sooooooo cute at that age. I don't look forward to dental work either.:(

Michelle, I also didn't get my yard work in today. It looks like sometime in the middle of the week. Have to go shopping tomorrow after my exercises. Great job n IMAX3, don't you just love it when you are drenched like that. Good going! Say hi to Ripken for me, the goof ball.

Have a good evening everyone,

Janie

On the mild side this morning. Had a nice walkabout with Ripken but had a thunderstorm on our heels for the second half of the walk. We got back to the house with 15 minutes to spare. We don't usually get thunderstorms in the morning--they are more of an afternoon thing here, but it's springtime and the weather is confused anyway.

This morning I did Pure Strength back, biceps, and abs. I don't do this dvd very often--usually only when Cathe has it on the rotation which she does this week. It's a pretty fast mover--and the ab work at the end is a killer. I think this ab workout is also on the Ab Hits dvd.

We've been a little quiet on our check-in this weekend. I hope everyone is doing okay and getting their licks in.

~michelle

Hello everyone! Did Basic Step today and put an all out effort into it and was sweating a lot when I got done. My legs were fine from all the walking. Hubby was a bit sore though (lol). He has not done much this winter and put on a little weight and is out of shape. I told him he better start getting in shape because our weekend hikes are just around the corner.

Took Grady down to the local firestation and played Chuck-it until he had enough :p. They have a nice BIG grassy field behind the station and I like to use it to play Chuck-it and frisbee, etc. I don't like doing these things at my house because the only place I can do this is usually muddy or I throw it up the blacktop driveway which is hard on his joints. Takes me 5 minutes to get to the firestation so I can go several times a day if I want. Everywhere else I could go is much farther away. You need a LOT of room for Chuck-it ;). I thought it was nice that they gave me permission to do this.

Hi everyone! I ended up having a very social weekend & didn't do any exercise at all for two days,YIKES! To be honest I felt like my body needed a little longer rest than one day. I did STS Meso Cycle 2 week 1Legs on Friday and I had major DOMS all thorough last night. I felt refreshed today and felt good hitting the Chest, Shoulders& Triceps with STS. I am loving Meso Cycle 1 & 2 even more this time! Such great workouts. I love them! I also taught my Boot Camp class where we did plyo moves for 1 minute and recovery for 30 seconds for 45 minutes & the 10 minute worth of abs & 5 minute stretch. It was a good class.

I wonder where Shoegal, Elle P, and shadow pup are? I sure do miss them. I did enjoy catching up on everyone else's exercises & walks!

Today was Upper/Lower/Stability ab work. (Took a little over an hour).

Michelle, Glad you made it back before the storm. Good job. Great job on Pure Strength Back, Biceps and abs.

Michelez, Great job a Basic Step. That one kinda makes me a little dizzy. Does to you? Looks like you all went walking too. Good for you. Yep, I'm planning on hiking as well. Just around the corner. Sounds like Grady got his exercise in too. And more for you. Well done.

Laura, Great job on resting your body. Also on STS Meso 2 week 1. OOOOO those legs must be fried! Great job on STS Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. Terrific job on teaching Boot Camp. All I can say is wow.

Have a good rest of the day everyone,

Janie

Did Body Fusion today - fun workout!

Going to take Grady to the firestation again - have to go into town so it is on my way there. I have been really busy with work today and he is getting stir crazy :eek:.

Janie - walking sticks help but not as much as trekking poles, simply due to one stick versus two poles (more stability, equal support on both sides to reduce strain on knees, etc.).

Tonight I did 30 min. of the Wedding Video. Then ate some chocolate.:eek: about 200 extra calories. I fought with myself, but I lost.

Michelez, Great job on Body Fusion today. It is fun.:) Have fun with Grady at the fire station. Hmmmmmm, will snow sticks work. Or are those trekking poles? I have those. Never thought to use them outside of snowshoeing.

Have a good evening,

Janie

Hi everyone. Yesterday ended up being a very busy day and I just didn't get a chance to check in. Our yoshima cherry tree is in full bloom and looks beautiful. Of course, now it is supposed to be cooler for a few days--hope that the cooler weather doesn't hurt my beautiful fluffy blooms. I hope it gets nice enough--that is we get some blue skies--where I can take some pictures.

Yesterday, I did Cardio & Weights and this morning after the puppy walkabout, I did Athletic Step and STS ab circuits stability ball. Lots of ab work this week and my belly sure is feeling good about it.

MicheleZ: we have a chuck-it but Ripken is not much for playing fetch or chuck it. I might get two fetches out of the boy and then that is it. He is much more of a walker. Basic Step and Body Fusion are great workouts. Sounds like you are feeling better and getting back in the swing of things.

Janie: Last week was a tough eating week for me. But that's the way it goes sometimes. I've been trying to cut back in the evenings this week so I wake up with my stomach growling in the morning. And growling it is right now because I haven't had breakfast yet.

Laura: I've noticed that Shoegal is on the forums from time to time but right now she is just not posting. Hopefully, she will again soon. Shadowpup might be on travel this week and I'm not sure about ElleP. I just hope everyone is healthy and just very busy, but I do worry when we don't hear from folks for a while. Glad to hear that you are enjoying STS more this time. I guess I should start thinking about when I'm going to do STS again but right now I am enjoying doing Cathe's monthly rotations.

Okay ladies--time to get some breakfast. Have a great Wednesday everyone.
~Michelle

Did aggressive pruning for about 2 hours. OMG! I'm spent! I'm sure that consists of a full body workout and cardio. OMG! I didn't stop until it was done. However, I have tree limbs and crap everywhere! You never know how long we might have this beautiful sunny weather. Later, if it's still nice outside, will take Rolly out to Huff N Puff. I have been so busy today. Made earrings for one of my sisters, made 3 pillow cases for my grandson and preparing bread to bake tomorrow. Whew! Rolly got his walk.

Michelle, Can only imagine how beautiful that tree is with all it's blossoms on it. Would love to see pictures if weather permits. Great job on yesterdays C&W and this morning after the puppy walk, Athletic Ste and the ab workouts. Enjoy your well deserved breakfast.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
Hi, been busier than normal lately & didn't get a chance to post yesterday. I did get a chance to squeeze in STS Legs yesterday morning before & after my Pilates class. The Tuesday morning class has been really strong lately so it pumps me up to teach, than I got a deep tissue massage than off to Boulder to get the kids & meet some folks for a sushi dinner birthday celebration. This morning was the girls 4th grade play, the girls are a two headed giantess, and they were so cute & funny. Than I had a full afternoon of clients & than I got to the Rec. Center in time to take the yoga class before my Total Tone class. The yoga is a little beginner and I ate to brag but I can really doggie poses better than the instructor, but she des a good job of verbally instructing & I do enough tough exercise that I like my yoga to be more gentle & restorative than aggressive.

Janie: great job on the workouts, the pruning& the crafts! Dont sweat the chocolate to much. I have been on & off track with the eats lately as well...(((((sigh)))))

MichelleZ: well did you get a chance to play chuck it? I think I might get some of Cathe's earlier step routines it sounds like you like them

Michelle; your tree blossoms sound beautiful , although it's been warming up here we don't have blossoms in Boulder yet... The buds are swelling though so it could be very soon! It has been dry here & we are already having fires which is really scary since it isn't even close tho fire season. I sent Shoegirl a pm telling her I missed her!

Ripken and I did a short walk this morning which turned out good because it poured rain about 15 minutes after we got back to the house. If we had taken our normal walk, we would have been drenched. This morning was Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. Cathe does 2 sets of tricep dips at the end of this workout--the first for 20 reps, the second for 24. Yowee!

Both the pup and I got our hair done yesterday. My stylist was just finishing up with me when my cell phone rang. It was Beth, Ripken's groomer. I was like: so, how is my boy. She says: he's in pretty bad shape. Now, I'm thinking: oh my God, something happened; Ripken is sick or hurt. No--his hair is in bad shape--lots of mats underneath and she just wants me to know it is going to take more time to get him looking beautiful and cost a little more. No problem--but I felt bad because I didn't stay after Ripken's undersides and keep them combed out during the winter and I know better.:eek:

Janie: yes, yard work is a major cardio workout. Sounds like you are/were going to get a second go at it when you cleared up everything you had cut. I have to admit that last year we got someone to come in to do some major pruning of our big trees and bushes. Just too much for us to handle. I do the small stuff.

Laura: the play sounds like it was fun. Kids really love that stuff; I wonder if they realize that they are learning while having fun. Sister had her first grade play earlier this week. Hopefully, she will tell us about it. I sent Shoegal a PM a week or two ago. I really hope she is okay.

Hi to everyone else: ElleP, MicheleZ, Shadowpup, Shoegal, and sister.
~michelle

Rolly and I went for a 45 min. walk in the wood. Oh how we loved that!

Here are a couple of pictures of my rye,coffee, molasses and garlic sourdough bread. Very intense flavors, but oh so worth it.
395895217.jpg

395895219.jpg

Laura, Great job on Tues. STS Legs and yesterday Pilates class and yoga class. Oh, those messages sounds heavenly!. What is a two headed giantess? That dose sound so much fun and cute. Glad I'm not the only one that likes chocolate.

Michelle, You were so lucky not to get wet in the rain storm. Great job on that short walk with Ripken, and PS. You are a good mom to Ripken, he's very lucky to have you.

Have a good one everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
Well, winter wants us to remember what he is like one last time. A bit cooler here, but at this point, I'm like so what--this cool weather won't last for long. Ripken and I had a really nice long walk this morning. He sure was loving it. Of course, after we get home, he is all limpy on one of his front paws. I need to take a look at the paw to see if he cut it or something. But I really think it is just an act to get attention.

Today is a break day and I am enjoying it because I know IMAX3 is waiting for me tomorrow to start off the last week of this month's rotation. I think IMAX2 is also on the rotation this week--the IMAX3 is my "add-on." Gosh--can I possibly do both in one week? Not sure what else is up this week. Weight work might be from slow and heavy--I will have to check.

Janie: your bread looks great. I can smell it from here. I'm glad you and Rolly are getting your time outside again. Is Joey back yet?

Hope everyone has had a great week.
~michelle

Didn't do to much today, hot tubbing and other fun stuff.

Michelle, Great job on you and Ripken's walk. Hope you enjoyed your break. Joey will be home tomorrow night. In the mean time I have my grandson's two year old birthday party to go to. When I get home, I'll see my Joey. Yeah!

Janie

Hi.

Monday, first grade play. They were very good and very cute. I am very glad its over.

This week PE and Music classes combined to do DANCE of all things. This was in preperation of the "School House Rock" fund raiser dance Friday, yesterday. We made nearly $1200! And my karate school came and did a promotional demonstration. It was a long, busy week. I didn't do any dancing. Just sat in my "rolly" chair and did music and directions. The poor PE teacher had to do most of the dancing. She was very sore and tired! Wish I could have been very sore and tired.

It was a frustrating week, as far as my knee was concerned. Came home a few days in some intense pain. Didn't even feel like doing upper body weights. My doctors (orthopedist) appointment was awful. The guy had no bedside manners and I felt like just another "case" and not very well taken care of. I have two great doctors who really give a damn about me and probably all their patients, so, I was not at all impressed or happy with this guy. He didn't even give me a verbal diagnosis. I read that on the print out on the way home. I have an "internal derangement of the knee". Google is a great thing, and I found out more from the internet then I did from the idiot doctor. MRI scheduled in 8 more days, follow up 6 days after that! WHAT?? Two more 'bleepin' weeks of this! Its already been two weeks! After much complaining to Michelle, my Mom, and my two doctor/friends things finally went my way. My OBGYN suggested another doctor who does sports medicine, and took great care of her son when he blew out his knee in high school football. My GP/friend said she would get things moved up, and change my doctor to this other guy. This was all on Thursday afternoon and by Friday afternoon, everything was done to my satisfaction. MRI is on Monday, and follow up will be a day or two afterwards. Now, thats more like it. I guess the squeeky wheel gets the grease in this respect, and thank god for that. Another two weeks was unacceptable. I need to get this fixed, operated on, physical therapy, whatever, NOW, not in another two weeks. Ah, the saga of the 'deranged knee'...or should I say 'deranged middle aged female'?

Janie, your bread looks real good. Oh, and never take for granted those lovely walks with Rolly. Special time spent with a pet and the ability to move without pain are certainly things to be treasured.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. I need to do a few errands, but I will spend my weekend mostly sitting...yippy skippy.

~Renee

Still here guys. Just worked out 2 times last week. Having some family issues with my grandmother - who adopted me so she is legally my mom. She is 77 and having the usual problems older people do when living alone on a 200 acre farm she won't give up :mad:. I live 12 hours away so I can't properly make sure she is taking care of herself and she won't move near me. She managed to put herself in the hospital all last week due to not taking care of herself. She was severely anemic due to not eating right - so much so that she must take rehab before the hospital will let her go home. Fortunately there are a couple of people who live near her that are going to start taking daily care of her - otherwise she will have to go into a nursing home. She doesn't want to admit that she can't take care of herself without help. I didn't know how bad it had become until this happened and the family friend went to her house and took a real good look at it. I visited her a year ago and told her she needs to get someone in to clean the house, etc. but she never listens to me. I can't do much for her (she is bull headed and stubborn) so I have done the best I can by talking to the people who are going to try to take care of her and let her stay at home. We shall see how it goes.

Hi all, checking in again ... I was on travel last week.

Well, it's been frustrating, but hopefully things will improve now. That lingering flu/bronchial thing is still lingering. The last course of antibiotics helped, but as soon as the first week was over, I started declining again. Yesterday, went back to the doctor (a different one), who said we just hadn't been aggressive enough. He recommended *nearly another three weeks* of antibiotics. That will be four weeks altogether. Wow, this bug is nasty and persistent. Still, if that's what it takes, that's what it takes.

At present I'm not able to work out at all, which is highly frustrating. Walking is tough. I did a fifteen minute walk around the grounds, watered my plants (another half hour of walking), and that is truly the limit. Don't ask how I managed my usual 80 pounds of luggage including carryon on/off the plane last week as I truly don't know how I did it :eek::eek::eek::eek: It is just a very good thing that Cathe has me doing all those heavy weights in STS, 'cause otherwise being at less than half strength would have made it impossible. But I am betting bet that by tomorrow it will be possible to lift light weights or do my TRX, neither of which stress the lungs as much as cardio if I leave long breaks between sets. So wish me luck. Tomorrow, I'm on travel again, but lighter travel. Today, mostly resting up so as to be ready for that.

Now, plus side. Spring is thinking about coming!!!! Some of the bulbs are poking up. It snowed again last night, however, not too much and it will probably melt within a day or two. The pale blue and white crocuses are coming through, and the aconite (which looks like a tiny buttercup). The tiny yellow species crocuses are also pushing their tiny bright heads up through the grass. My greenhouse of potted bulbs is producing lots of green: thick foliage and some very nice giant hyacinth bulbs are coming out of the ground. The big white ones are blooming first, with their frilly little fronds everywhere, and the purple ones are just peeking through. They will be up next weekend. I *love* this time of year! This much snow is going to translate into lots of water, which will help give us a beautiful spring and summer. If we are lucky, it will stay cold enough that the buds on the fruit trees stay closed. That will bring lots of fruit! If we get warm then cold, we'll end up with bud blast and very little fruit. It's all up to the weather.

The four legged kids are having a snorty good time with it all. They are not entirely recognizable as my beautiful horse-boys, though! Just picture walking mudpiles, with shedding hair peeking through, and you will know what it looks like. But they love it, and the mud helps them deal with the itchy/shedding, so I avert my eyes and clean them up as best I can. I did get to play with them somewhat yesterday, which was a real treat after ten days away.

Last edited:
I'm leaving today for my sisters in Yakima Valley area. Don't think I will have access with the computer or not.

Will be back next Sunday for sure.

Proud of you all with all your exercises and kind hearts.

See you all then,

Janie

Well, this morning we woke up to one inch of snow on the ground. March 27th and we've got snow--well, we had snow. Fortunately, it is March 27th and the sun came out and the snow is all gone. Welcome back spring and....

Welcome back Shadowpup! So nice to hear from you. Boy this bug that you have sure is hanging on. I know what the problem is--you are so darn fit and healthy, that the bug has decided it is really nice to hang out with you. Just doesn't want to leave. Hope the new antibiotic regime kicks it for good. Being on the road probably doesn't help. Sure wish you could get some time to stay at home and get 100 percent better.

Janie: Happy birthday to your grandson. Have a good time with your sisters. We'll be here when you get back.

MicheleZ: You have a tough situation to deal with wrt your grandmother. 12 hours is quite a distance to deal with. Sounds like you are doing the best that you can. Hang in there.

Started the last week of Cathe's March rotation. Decided I didn't have to load IMAX3 on the front--just substituted it for IMAX2.:) So, yesterday was slow and heavy chest and back and today was IMAX3 plus segment 3 from core max. Watching the VCU-Kansas basketball game and hoping the Virginia team can pull off another upset. Been a good game so far, but there is still plenty of basketball left--well about 7 minutes.
~michelle

I'm having major drama at work so I have neglected my yoga practice.:( That's also why I haven't had time to check in. Hope you are all doing well. Looks like Shoegal is still MIA. Hope she's ok.

Just wanted to let you know I'm still hanging in there and I'll try and check-in when I can!

xoxoxo
Elle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.