Getting Our Licks In!

I did MM yesterday and the Wedding Video today. I had my daughter and grandson over so wasn't able to get on the computer.

We are having a very large rain storm and this is the second try to post here. The first one was so long and heartfelt, about tournaments, sickness, missing people, congratulations, and cheering people on as they continue on with their journey of fitness and staying healthy.

So please, forgive me for not doing it all over again. I wouldn't be able to duplicate it anyway. Just know I care.

Janie

Oh my goodness....Grady and I had to crawl out of bed this morning around 8:30 a.m. I guess I am not use to walking fast like that :p and neither is he. He has to be the world's most "sleep-in in the mornings" dog I have ever known. I am going to do some serious foam rolling today on just about all of my lower half (lol). Depending on how I feel as the day goes on I might take a rest day - otherwise I had planned on Basic Step and Totaly Body Sculpting.

Shadowpup - oh man food poisoning :(. Take care and I am hoping you feel better soon. That is some rough stuff and all the other sickness on top of it - you do need some serious rest!

Janie - when does Joey get home?

The sun is trying to come out today. If it stays like this, then Rolly and I will take a long walk. If not then I'll do a cardio later today. In the meantime, I used our Smith Machine and did a full body workout this morning. Using 3 sets of everything with as heavy as weight that I could muster up. It was great! I haven't gotten dressed for two days. I decided to put some clothes on, a little make up and some jewelry on. It's a good day.:D

Michelez, Have a great time with that roller, I may do that tomorrow. LOL:D Grady sounds like my kind of doggie. Joey has planned to be home on the 26th or 27th of this month. I sure do miss him.

Take care, and hi to everyone else.

Janie

Quick post as I am thinking about getting ready for my night-night. Did Low Impact Circuit this morning and I have to say that I am glad tomorrow is a weight-lifting day. This week of Cathe's March rotation is definitely working me hard.

Janie: you are so sweet and wonderful and I am so thankful that you brought us all together. Sounds like you are doing double and triple exercise duty while Joey is away. I'm envious.

MicheleZ: a 4 mile walk is a long walk. I'm usually ready to give it up at 2 miles because my hip flexors start talking to me. Ripken could probably go a little longer but his mommy knows better. You and Grady get a 4-paw salute for working so hard.

Hi to everyone else: Shadowpup, Shoegal, Sister, Laura, and Elle.

BTW, spring is busting out all over here. It's reinvigorating.
~michelle

Wow we are getting hit harder than normal here! Maybe we are all feeling the earth shifting under our feet & we are experiencing our own micro tsunami effects! Hopefully there won't be any over hearing nuclear reactions as well!

Yesterday I taught my Pilates beginner class than had to buggy down to Boulder to sweep up Sophia from school at noon to drive her all the way to S. Denver for an appointment with a woman who specializes in the Davis Method for Dyslexia. She did a three hour evaluation on her, but it was pretty low key, and Sophia is indeed a very bright & precocious 'picture' thinker & 'global' learner. We will do some intensive work with this lady over the coming year to give Sophia the support she needs to reach her full academic potential. Which, although I am so thankful to have found this program, it will mean a lot of extra travel & time for me...but what else are you going to do? That afternoon/ evening was beautiful so the girls red their bikes while I walked-jogged on those awesome trails I told y'all about behind my mom's house! Total miles was 2.77.

Today I did Meso Cycle 2 Week 1 of back & biceps, took a short windy walk (74' & wore shorts & a tank top!) and taught a full body 3 set per body part class.... I think I'll call it a day! Phew!

Shadow pup: I wondered what was going on with you, I was hoping you were just busy! I am sorry to hear you were sick. Ghats no fun at all, get better soon, we mss your stories about your work & adventures!

MichelleZ
: love the new pic! Sounds like you are all better! Great walk!

Janie: I am jealous of your smith machine! I mostly use free weights but I have been wanting to add some machine work in...

Michelle: I actually love dawn & twilight when I can motivate to enjoy them, sounds like you are working hard!

I did a little bit on the mini trampoline tonight. About 20 min. It was fun.:D

Michelle, Great job on LIC today. Awe, you are to kind.:eek: I've made some terrific friends for sure.

Laura, Great job on your Pilates class and your 2.77 trail jog. I have people in my family who have dyslexia and I'm so grateful that it's understood more now than in the past. These beautiful people of ours just use their brain a different way. It's amazing what they come up with to cope. They are truly brilliant individuals. :) Also great job with your 3 set per body part class, and on Meso Cyscle 2 week 1, back & biceps. You did good! Can't believe you have 74 degree weather. I'm so jealous.

Take care everyone and have a terrific evening,

Janie

Did Basic Step and Total Body Sculpting today (took yesterday off).

I need to take a new photo of Grady and me - he is so much bigger now. Grady is at daycare and I am getting ready to go into town to have lunch with hubby. We use to go to lunch together once in a while when I worked in town but since working from home, we don't do that as often.

Strange, but I noticed that if I work out in the mornings, my hunger doesn't seem as strong that day. If I do nothing, I seem to be hungrier - not sure if that is mental or a physical thing?

Janie - I would miss my hubby too if he was away that long. It will be really nice when he gets back! Absence makes the heart grow fonder ;).

Ah, you ladies are so lucky. I wish I could do some cardio. Just walking is a pain! Next Thursday I go to the orthopedic surgeon. Hopefully he will be able to find a course of action for this knee. I went to MY doctor on Tuesday and she feels like it is a torn MCL. She gave me a brace that I wear during the day. Probably ought to use crutches too, but haven't yet. I have them but have yet to use them. Any how, it hurt like heck today, and I stayed off of it 80% of the day.

Yesterday I did Pyramid Upper Body. Felt good to workout. I did not the ab section, for fear of putting strain on the knee. I wiil probably do this workout again, and do similar type of things with modification. I had DOMS and it felt so good!!

You all do some cardio for me, will ya?

~Renee

Today I skied with a girlfriend for St. Party's day, and yes I did wear my bikini top again, but only for 1 run as the weather was nice it didn't quite warrant it. We didn't ski hard as the snow was so slushy it was a challenge on the legs! We did however enjoy an Irish Coffee at the lodge, something I only do once a year, is have a drink cause normally I am there to ski, but St. party's day always seems like the perfect excuse to indulge!

Renne; my husband blew both his ACL's & to be honest it took him awhile to recover. His1st knee he worked with my dad, a famous PT & was diligent with his rehab, followed orders & did the rehab & he has full use of the knee, the 2nd he didn't work with my dad & didn't rehab it to the full extent & pushed it more than he should have & oit causes him problems to this day! ( although he can still ski like a demon he just pays for it by pain & limping for ads afterward). So please do take it easy & follow your physicians plan..... I cant imagine how frustrated you must feel, but it will get better, you will be able to do your Cardio & karate again! It just will be a process to get there!

Did Rhythmic Step today. Whew! Almost didn't make it through even with my modifications.:confused:

Michelez, Great job on BS and TBS. They both are amazing DVD's. Would love an updated picture of Grady.:) He goes to daycare? What's that like for him? Enjoy your lunch with hubby, anything good on the menu?

Renee, Hang in there, it's a shame this happened to you of all people.:( It's great that you are able to do upper body workouts. Great job by the way on PUB.

Laura, Great job on skiing, I count that as a cardio workout. You wore what? Well, if you've got it flaunt it. Right? You work really hard for what you have. Congratulations!

Michelle, I got your sweet Thank You Note in the mail today. I appreciate that. You are a kind soul. Hope your day went well.

Janie

Last edited:
Well today I'm supposed to do Body Blast and the first segment from Core Max, but my feet and spirit are not so inclined, so I am taking a rest day. I know it's Friday and my body just seems to want to have its regular Friday off. So, I'll do BB and the core max workouts tomorrow. Ripken and I did have a really long walk this morning. Of course, he has been napping ever since. But I guarantee if I walked downstairs and grabbed the leash, he'd be ready to roll.

Sister: What can I say? Keep lifting those weights and take it easy. I know that you are frustrated--but all you can do is wait until you have a treatment and get well plan.

Janie: As you know RS is one of my favorites. I don't know if Cathe has that one on the March rotation--just have to wait and see. Hoping some sunshine comes your way so you can start getting those walkabouts in.

Laura: Don't know how you moms do it--schlepping children all the time, but you are right: comes with the territory. Sophia is lucky you all have identified this issue early so she can learn ways to deal with it. I imagine it is a bit frustrating for her.

MicheleZ: I remember once reading something here on the forums that it is better to workout in the morning before you eat breakfast--burns more fat or something like that. I like to workout in the morning because the timing fits my schedule. But I'm not really sure it matters when you workout, as long as you do. I'm sure you could find lots of information/opinions on this on the internet. What did we ever do without the good ol' internet?

Hello to the rest of the gang: Shadowpup, Shoegal, and ElleP.
~michelle

Quick hello to everyone!

Walked 4 miles around a lake with Grady and hubby at a state park near us. We also stopped several times to play Chuck-it with Grady when we found some nice open areas. Grady is TIRED ;). I let him off leash most of the time - no one on the trail but us and he was a really really good boy and stayed with us so he got a little freedom. I got to use my trekking poles so I don't feel as beat up after 4 miles. I made fun of hubby when he bought his poles (about 2 years ago) - didn't think they would do much. I used them once on a hike and never made fun of him again. I bought my own the next day (lol). They take so much stress off the knees, ankles, hips, you name it. They are invaluable for walking on uneven terrain and up and down hills - I love them.

Did a full body workout with weight today. Yes!

Michelle, Have a great rest day, you deserve it.:) Glad you went walking with Ripken this morning. I need the walkabouts for sure, hope sunshine will come our way too.

Michelez, Great job on your 4 miles, wow, way to go! Hmmm, now you got me interested in those trekking poles. Will walking sticks work? Joey and I have those.

Janie

Today I did Step Blast and Core Max Segment 1. The IMAX3 workouts once a week are definitely helping my cardio endurance. I got through Step Blast without taking it down a notch. I was huffing and puffing at the end, but not too bad. I was sopping wet from head to toe, so Ripken really got his licks in while I was doing core max. Levitations are hard enough but even harder when you've got a golden retriever licking you down. He is such a goof ball.

Did a little house cleaning today, some laundry, and ran a couple of errands. Pretty nice day. Joe and I are going to make a list of things we want to get done to the lawn in the next couple of weeks, then it will be time to turn our attention to the boat. One thing at a time...

MicheleZ: your walk with your hubby and Grady sounds like it was lots of fun. I bet the time flew by because you had everyone out together. Let us know how your legs feel tomorrow.

Janie: Great job on the full body workout with weights. Looks like it is still raining out your way. Gosh, that't got to be getting really old by now, isn't it?

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful weekend.
~michelle

Didn't do anything today, but tomorrow will be a different story.:D

Michelle, Great job on SB (without taking it down a notch) and CM seg. 1. Great job on your errands too, they are important as well.;) Talking about the boat already, wow, must be nice weather. Yes, it rains a lot here, but that's why it's so green and beautiful, especially in the Summer. Love it here at that time. Spring is Rain, Fall is OK, Winter, mostly rain. Two rainy seasons here in the PNW.

Have a good one,

Janie

So, today I did STS disc 25, first disc of mesocycle 3 for chest and back. Modified some weights and stances but all in all, it felt pretty good. There is absolutely no change in the knee. I see the orthopedic doc on Thursday. Goosh, I can't wait! Can this be over NOW!?!?!
Oh, I also did a 10 minute segment of AB Hits. For obvious reasons, I won't be doing any lower body STS, but I may as well try and finish STS upper body of meso 3. Of course, that will depend on the knee situation.

Tomorrow I have my first grade play. Dress rehearsal went well...those kids are just so CUTE! I also get the pleasure of going to the dentist tomorrow. Yippy skippy.

Stay well and active!!

~Renee

A little cool here today. I was hoping to do some yard work today, but there is a breeze blowing and it is just not warm enough for my liking. Did IMAX3 today--worked it hard through the first 7 intervals and then went into "learning" mode for intervals 8-10. I got through the whole thing and I was sopping wet at the end. Ripken was so happy getting his licks in when I was done. He is such a goof ball.

Well, I am talking on the phone with sister, so I will try to get back a little later.
~michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.