Getting Our Licks In!

HIIT 30/30--the best part is that it's only 30 minutes.

Janie: I've got a new silver necklace with your pendant attached. Looks great with the earrings. I'm so happy I can finally wear all the pieces to the set that you sent me.

Try to get back later.
~michelle

I miss my Daddy! It was so much fun having him around. I'm grateful for the one on one time with. I've learned so much about him in this short time then when I was living with him growing up and after I moved away. I love him dearly. He will be getting an apt. soon. My dad will tell my sister Joy (who he's living with) what he is planning on doing. It should take a couple of months. He can't wait!

Decided to take a week off from exercising. We got word that the contractors are finished repairing the damage at the Beach House. Now it's our turn to strip everything down, throw things out and start cleaning and fixing it up to live in, especially for the Summer.

Michelle, Great job on the super long walks, nice walks with Ripken and the IMAXII, and Sundays MM and today's Hitt 30/30. Has it been that long since I posted.:eek: I'm sooooooooo sorry. I'm so glad you are now able to wear the necklace and earrings together that I made. That is soooo cool.

Take care;),

Janie

Missed some days again! It goes by so quickly! Straight to the point or I will be overwhelmed!

Sunday: Step Moves ((( LOVE THAT ONE)))
Monday: Pilates & Ski Conditioning
Tuesday: (((Serious DOMS!! The kind that make you say ouch every step))) so just took Misty for an easy but some what long hike just around 4 miles!

Hope all is well! Had to search a bit for our thread so it must be kind of quiet....

Did a lot of jewelry making lately and will continue on that tomorrow. Thursday Joey and I will go to our Beach House and strip it. Then comes the cleaning in such great details.

Laura, Fantastic job on your workouts. Especially your serious DOM's. Good for you!

Have a good one,

Janie

Took a day off yesterday. Ripken and I had a nice long walk in the morning. This morning it was raining pretty darn good, so Ripken and I took a short walk. Then I did Muscle Endurance--tough workout--love to hate all those leg presses. Plyo legs week 2 tomorrow. Looking forward to that.

Laura: are you still doing the October rotation? If not, I highly recommend that you pick it back up. Good workouts/good rotation. Sticking with the Cathe rotations, I feel like I am getting more toned and stronger. I don't know how she does it, but her rotations really do make a difference.

Janie: I've worn my Janie Jewelry 3 days in a row. Makes me think of you during the day. I'm glad to hear that you had a good time with your dad. I bet he will miss you too.

~michelle

Oh my the DOMs have been so intense the past two days. Yesterday I did a nice gentle but moderately long hike of 4 miles with Misty to 'walk' out those sore kegs of mine.

Today I did Sinates in Boulder which is an extremely aggressive hike, straight up & down, which takes about 90 minutes or more, with two friends. We had lunch afterwards and then me and one of the girls had a pedicure. Tonight I taught Total Tone & did a push/pull full body style workout. Nice day!

Janie: are you getting ready for the holiday season? I wore your earrings the other day & thought of you.

Michelle: it's been hard for me to follow a full rotation with my classes & hikes right now, I use them more as a guide line when I am looking for a routine, so I will probably do Boot Camp tomorrow & Pure Strength Legs & abs either on Saturday or Sunday, it depends on how sore I am honestly...

Where is our boxer chick Liz? Hope she is ok, did she check in after her last fight?

Soooooo excited about the new series, it looks crazy!!

Didn't do much of anything today. Joey isn't ready to go to the beach house yet. When he's ready we'll go.

Michelle, Great job on you and Ripken walking and ME. Aw, it's so nice that you are thinking of me. How cool is that?:)

Laura, Liz did check in and she won the fight. I miss her, she is very interesting. Thank you for thinking of me. I just love that.:) Great job on Sinates hike. It sounds aggressive! Great job too for teaching TT and PP full body workout. That's a lot of exercise! No wonder you had intense DOM's.

Take care,

Janie

Greetings and Salutations!

My fourth grade program is a thing of the past! Hooray! Had a packed house, and the kids did great. I love to see how excited they get, and how proud of themselves they become afterwards. 74 out 77 4th graders were in attendance and the ones that didn't show, missed out on a great experience. AND boy, have I been sleeping better ever since. Good solid, full nights of rest. No more tossing and turning and laying awake. Not until the next one which is in December.

I've been "biking" it mostly at home these days. Last night I did the timesaver from Low Impact Circuit. All 48 minutes, and it was great. I didn't have to "dummy down" any moves which was a first! Woo-hoo!

Still enjoying the baseball and football, but staying up past 9 is really difficult for me. I get up at 4:45 and then its, go, go go. I told my Mom the other day "that it sucks to get old." She said, "imagine how I feel." There are days my knee nags the heck out of me, I'm tired, and just don't have that "positive get up and go." I hate that. I hope that part of me returns, I miss that. Michelle says she feels great at 49 and its all because of Cathe. Okay. I just hope she never has to recover from a knee injury or any other kind of calamity. It sucks. Mentally and physically. Oh, well. I just gotta keep on keepin' on, because the alternative isn't all that pleasent either.

Janie, I'm glad you had time with your Dad. Went by way too fast, huh? Cherish the memories.

Ok, gotta go, my first class is due thru my doors in just a few minutes.

~Renee

Ok waiting for the Dr. To see if I have a sinus infection ....feeling so tired and tired of being tired! :-(

I did motivate and get Boot Camp done though. At first I was like "wow this isn't nearly as hard as I remember ...& then I was like oh man I can't wait for this workout to be over!!". But got it done & feel good about that now that is over.

Janie: so are you & Joey still working out together? How is he doing with his health?

Renee: so nice to hear from you. I am glad the performance was a success! I think you are doing great and it sounds like you are constantly making forward progress. I think you will be right back where you were when you got injured in no time at all if you keep at it like you have!

Joey and I did TBS, abs and stretching. Can't wait for the new workouts, it is giving me inspiration to do them as well as TBS with my Joey. We will be going to the Beach House tomorrow and spend a couple of nights there. Stripping and cleaning. Will get back home on Sun. or Mon. There is no computer hook ups, so can't communicate until we get home.

Renee, It's always so nice to hear from you! It sounds like your 4th graders were a hit. That is so cool. You are such a fantastic teacher. Very impressed on how you treat them. Glad you can now get some much needed rest. Until Dec. ;) You are getting stronger and stronger. You should be very proud of yourself. I know I am. Your mom sounds like a humorous person. She's right about the old thing, you know? Your get up and go will return, don't worry. You want to badly for it not to return. Yep, I'll cherish the moments while my dad was here. Love him sooooo much!

Laura, I so wish you will be OK. Keep us posted on what the doc says about you. You poor thing!:( Get some rest whenever you can. Great job on BC, it does sneak up on you. Joey seems healthier than me lately. My GERD is giving me a little trouble, but I think it's because I need to watch what I eat better. He's such a good looking man for 73 years old. Healthy and fit. Just a little tire around his belly, but good.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Well, sister just had to throw that little tid bit of information in her post about me being 49. I do feel pretty good though. I have those days where I feel worn out just like everyone else but "knock on wood," I have been lucky to be healthy and able to stay in decent shape. Been sticking with Cathe's October rotation--yesterday was STS Plyo legs disc 29, week 2. Today was STS total body. And I surprised myself today: I was able to do the frog sit ups with my hands behind my head. WooHOO! I'm not sure how that happened--all I can say is Cathe's rotations have been working the core/abs pretty good these past couple of months.

Laura: it seems like you have been fighting some king of bug ever since the beginning of the twins' school year. I hope you don't have a sinus infection though because those can be rough.

Janie: Have fun at the beach house. Sounds like you guys are going to be busy. Hope the weather cooperates with you guys and you have warm, sunny days.

Looking forward to a nice fall weekend here in the mid-Atlantic.
~michelle

Nice day--a little cooler, but good college football weather. Did Rhythmic Step this morning, then after getting cleaned up, we packed up and drove over to the boat. Watching the VaTech football game. Hopefully they will play better in the second half than they did in the first.

It's quiet here at the marina. Gets that way this time of year. Folks start putting up their boats for the season. We will be packing up all the remaining summer clothes this weekend to take home as well pool towels and some of the cleaning supplies. Want to try to get more home earlier this year so there is not so much to pack up on the last weekend before Thanksgiving.

Hope everyone is enjoying a beautiful Saturday.
~michelle

Back here until Tuesday, then we go back to the Beach House to do more repairs. We are doing well and need to get more supplies to do more jobs. Painting is on our list the next time we go to the Beach House. I have DOM's in my butt and failed the toilet test. Oh My!:confused:

Michelle, You youngster. Wait until you reach 60. Whew! Cathe's October rotation sounds fantastic. Great job on yesterday's STS disc 29 and today's STS TB. Frog sit ups, Wow! You are good. Also great job on this mornings RS. Getting ready for the next season. Bet you had a lot of fond memories yet again this year on the boat. Keep them coming.

Janie

Just a light "workout" today--did ab circuits no equipment, then Ripken and I got our exercise taking stuff off the boat and putting it in Joe's SUV. It was a beautiful day at the marina. A little breeze kicked up out of the south but it sure didn't feel warm. Maybe tomorrow--suppose to get back up around 70 degrees. I have a dentist appointment in the morning. Oh boy. I get my retainer and I have an old filling that needs to be redone. I hope they can do it tomorrow because I really don't want to go back again.

Janie: I hope I have half the energy that you do when I'm 60 years old. Dare I ask you to explain about failing the toilet test?

Michelle

Hi!

Back into the pattern of working out hard Monday-Wednesday than falling off the wagon going into busy weekends! :-( I keep taking Thursdays off because I'm so sore by then but then don't get back on that work out horse again....bad pattern developing....

Very busy weekend & next one us e en crazier with my DH's brother in town & Halloween ...

Michelle: good job on those Frog Sit ups, they are hard! With the legs in that diamond shape it virtually disengages the hip flexor, which most people use in their st ups and forces you deep into the ab muscles to get up there!

Rolly has really bad breath! I looked and felt his cheeks, because he kept licking and his cheeks are big. I felt something so looked and rubbed my fingers around the inside of his mouth. There is so much tarter on his teeth it's making his cheeks bigger than they should be. OMG! Tomorrow I'll call the vet and see when we can get Rolly to see him. My poor little guy.:( I've never seen this before. :confused:

Michelle, Great job on ab circuits. Moving is a workout in itself. Good luck at the Dentists office. Not fun, I know. You can be sure you most likely will have more energy at 60. You are just that wonderful type of person to stay healthy. The Toilet Test: I needed to grab on to something to help lower myself onto the toilet. I was so sore, I couldn't do it by myself. LOL:confused::eek:

Very busy weekend & next one us e en crazier with my DH's brother in town & Halloween ...

Laura, Keep trying hard to get back into a good pattern. You will thank yourself for doing so. You know that. You start off so well, finish it up good. I'm cheering you on. :) Really, you can do this.

Take care ladies,

Janie

Made an appt. for Rolly, but can't get him in to see the vet until Nov. 22. Lucky for him, there is a bone that has his name on it. LOL. He'll be OK until then. I'll brush his teeth more often too. The vet person at the desk says he will be OK. Went to look at tiles, carpets, and paint today. Getting an idea what we want for the beach house. Exhausting.

Hope things are well.

Have a good one ladies, keep up the exercises and never ever give up. Just keep trying.

Janie

Well, got almost to the beach house when Joe realized he didn't bring the keys to it. I sat there stunned and eventually told him, it's OK. But, what if it was me who forgot the key? Yeah. Later decided to go to the beach and have fun. And that we did. I think forgetting the keys was great. We explored our beach a longer way and we didn't encounter a living soul. We danced, freed Rolly (should have seen him enjoy himself:eek:). Had ssooooooooooo much fun. Joey decided that only thing he could do was cut down some limbs that were threatening our power line. He went home (beach house) to do that and I decided to walk home. It only took maybe 5 min. to get home. How lucky we are to have such a wonderful environment. We are so blessed. We went back to Shelton to get a good nights sleep and will try again tomorrow. Hopefully we can get some things done and be back Thur. or Fri.

Take care,

Janie

I can't believe I forgot to check-in yesterday. First and most exciting, my new Cathe dvds arrived on Monday. YEAH! I still need to download my downloads but that is a weekend job. Yesterday morning after a nice long walkabout with Ripken, I did 4DS Kickbox. What a fun workout. Today (since I missed Monday) I did yoga and I decided to try Cathe's new Yoga Max. What a nice yoga practice. I'm thinking that if I can get my act together maybe I'll start doing yoga at night 2-3 times a week. Should be helpful, shouldn't it.

Okay, got to run--be back later.
Michelle

Hello,

Gee, Janie, men! If they mess up we have to treat them with TLC, but god forbid we mess up! Oh well, sounds like you and Joey managed to make a great day of it anyway! Good for you.

I have been "stepping it up" lately. Doing more and more Cathe DVD's and less recumbant bike! Ya-hoo!! Last weekend I did LowMax intervals only (Fri), Pyramid Lower Body (Sat), BodyMax 2 step only(sun) and on Monday I did step from SJP, and the stretch from STS. I had some serious lower body DOMS and they still linger ever so slightly on Thursday(today). Yesterday I did Step Moves all the way through. It wasn't pretty but I did it. First time since February 10! I didn't even stop and pause it at any time. It was fun yet challenging. Today at school I have time to preview Lower Body TriSets from the new series. I'm thinking that is what is next on my schedule or maybe Lower Body Blast. I haven't done LBB because of the knee injury. I've previewed it back in the summer and wished I could do it but my knee hadn't healed and recovered enough for it. Definately can do it now, I'm sure. But it won't be pretty and I hope to have DOMS again. As for the Dixie Cups, I was thinking maybe Super Big Gulp! Ha, ha, just kidding.

Speaking of school, that is going pretty good. I am in a good groove right now with the kids and my lessons. Classes seem to fly by, as does the days!

My Tuxedo Cat, Peppy, has become my little "cat-dog". Follows me about, sits or lays on the floor at my feet. Demanding attention just like a dog. He is really cute. My tabby cat, Reese, is my cuddle kitty. Sleeps in the crook of my arm and snuggles all night. Boy, he makes me awfully hot sometimes, that little portable cat heater! Sometimes I "shew" him away so I can cool off!

Everybody "work work!"

~Renee~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.