Getting Our Licks In!

Rest day today. Took full advantage of it.

Michelle, Great job on PS Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. Well, Joey is not one to throw things out. Kinda glad, needed the sheets and pillow cases, Means not having to buy them. It was worth it. My fears now are if the mattress are OK. May have to spend money to get new mattresses. will try to air them out and see what happens, but if that doesn't work, then we will get new ones. We won't be over again until the contractors are all done.

A bit sore today, but not to bad and spending it with my family. Hubby is taking me out for a celebratory dinner!! I'm going to take the next two or three weeks off and relax than focus on getting locked in the cage again.

Thanks for all of the support and kind words!!

Liz, Congratulations! Had no idea that you did all that stuff before a fight. I is for your protection. What's wrong with nail polish? It sounds like you were good matches. It came close, but you were the one! Hope your eye will be OK soon. On your opponent not shaking hands and wanting to fight without the ring, is a poor sportsman. (It's over already!) Enjoy your family and a fine celebration dinner.

Hi there everyone

Read up on the posts last night but got caught up in the family routine & never got back to check in.
So I am still really struggling to get back into my exercise after my illness, as you might remember even before than I had been beginning to slack a little due to an overly busy schedule....& now it just seems harder to motivate, harder to work out....It just occurred to me as I was writing this that I really need to set some concrete goals, something I had panned on doing a while ago and never got around to sometime ago...but I need something that motivates me to get going again. And I have noticed that the less I workout the less disciplined I am with my nutrition as well. So that's a terrible combination!!! Less burn more calories is NOT going to give me the results I want!

So once again looking for ideas/support/motivation.......wishing Shadowpup was still checking in, she was so good at the definable measurable goal setting... Maybe I will send her a PM on FB...you guys are awesome too, she just had that goal setting down didn't she? Liz you are so inspiring with your fights and that clearly gives you a goal to work for..not losing..Michelle you are in your exercise rhythm...Janie you do so well with balancing diet & food ....I just haven fallen out of my rhythm after my sickness/ crazy schedule and having trouble getting back into it.

So today I am starting Phase 1 of the South Beach diet, which I know is not a long term solution, but I do always drop some initial weight quickly which is very motivating, & gives me a 'structure' to follow & I am going to start Cathe's October rotation, again giving me a formula to follow & because Michelle has been raving about the last few rotations she has done!

LizBoxer said:
Well, I'm pleased to report I WON last night!! It was a very hard fought bloody battle, with it going to the cards and me winning by three punches on each card. Our my fight was the only women's fight that night at the Iron Fist so we both got privet dressing rooms! And this is what I hate about boxing before a fight it is a big production, I need to put on my breast protection and that is like a cup or as some of call them turtle shells than I like to put on two more bras. Than you have the protection for the crotch. After you get that done you get your hands warped and that has to be inspected. With cage fighting I put my bra, panties, and skort on and go!! However, before all that I do some yoga to relax. After I get all that done my trainer he gives me a rub down to relax my body, and he does a good job focusing on my feet, legs, shoulders and arms. However, he was not to thrilled about my pink toe nail polish!! After that we have a 15min pep talk put my gloves on than he ties my shoes and puts my robe on and we go!!

We got into the ring around 9:30pm and I could tell my opponent really wanted to beat on me. At the weigh in she said a few things to me but I did not listen, than when we met in the ring for instructions from the reff she told me an old woman like me should not be in the ring and she would knock me out. The first two rounds I took a bad beating, and it took me a while to find my groove, and my opponent took full advantage hitting me with everything she had and I even got knocked to the mat for a few seconds in round two. I got back to my corner and boy did my trainer let lose and that ignited a fire!! I went out in round three, and let lose and I could tell my opponent did not expect that. My only problem was my left I stated to swell shut on me causing me to go blind but the ice in between each round caused the swelling to go down and keep it at bay. Round 4 & 5 I clearly dominated landing jabs, upper cuts, left and right hooks, getting her in the corner and proving this old gal could fight!! And I knew she could not believe this had turned into an actual fight. Now, at the start of round 6 I began to get tired and she landed some good hooks that landed on my left eye and for the last 2min of the round I was blind in my left eye, so it was very hard but it was an even round. It went to the cards and I felt I had a 50 / 50 shot because I did sloppy in the first two rounds and the last round was 50 / 50 It came out to 46/49 50/53 46/49!! I was obviously VERY HAPPY!! My opponent was not, she left the ring and did not eve shake hands.

I got my eye and nose looked over by the Doctor and was okay just keep iceing it, took a long shower got a full body rub down for 30min to relax my body and changed. My trainer and I finally left Orlando around 11:30ish and when we were leaving we ran into my opponent and she was VERY ANGRY!! She wanted to go at it on the parking lot demanding a rematch!! Needless to say with that said I want to get back in the ring with her. I got home around 2:00am because we stopped and had dinner.

A bit sore today, but not to bad and spending it with my family. Hubby is taking me out for a celebratory dinner!! I'm going to take the next two or three weeks off and relax than focus on getting locked in the cage again.

Thanks for all of the support and kind words!!

Liz

Wow Congratulations on your win! Sounds like an exciting fight & so close!! Glad the fight didn't continue in the parking lot sounds like a real rough cookie so even more credit for winning!:)

Hi everyone. Took a few days off and just enjoyed the beautiful weather and spending time with my DH and Ripken on the boat. Tomorrow, I'll be back to exercising starting with KPC. I'll be headed down to Camp Lejeune for a couple of days. Taking travel fit and B&G with me. Should be back home late Thursday.

Liz: Congratulations on winning your fight. Thanks for sharing the recap with us. It sounds like it was a tough fight and you handled your win with grace and good sportsmanship--with age comes strength and wisdom. Good for you.

Laura: I hope you are able to get Shadowpup to help you out on setting some goals. It definitely is one of her strong points. Other than motivation or lack thereof, what seems to be keeping you from exercising? Maybe by figuring out what is zapping your motivation you can reverse the trend.

~michelle

~michelle

Yesterday I started the October Rotation which had Body Max2 on it....it about killed me! It is an 90 minute workout but it took me closer to two hours because I had to take breaks to catch my breath!!! I also was at home & was doing laundry which I kept having to switch out so that made it longer too, but gosh almighty that's one tough workout ! Either I really have gotten out of shape in the past few months or I just don't remember it being that difficult! I mean other than the week &1/2 I was sick I've still been working out just not as much as normal or as hard but still .....really?

Taught Pilates this morning... & I think Pure Strength is on the rotation which I bought a little while ago but haven't had a chance to do it yet so I am excited to check it out...

Michelle: glad you had a good break on the boat, y'all must be close to docking it soon? You know I've just been partying way to much, I've had so many social engagements & I think that is totally zapping my energy, motivation & determination! I've had social engagements non-stop for months now, even on week nights! I just need to say 'no' unless it's absolutely necessary for awhile and get myself back on track. I think the rotation & diet will help... Set some realistic goals for myself and just making myself do it again is what I need to do! No excuses no distractions!! :-0

Oh & so hazard about the new series clips!! Did y'all check out the Tri-Set clip! Looks awesome although intimidating !

ladubose said:
Oh & so hazard about the new series clips!! Did y'all check out the Tri-Set clip! Looks awesome although intimidating !

Jazzed!! Not hazard! Sometimes auto correct is funny!

Dad did the cardio and Joe and I did TBS, abs and stretches. Dad seems to be doing a really good job.

Laura, Great job on Body Max 2. It's a hard and long. Wait a minute, that doesn't read well. LOL:D You are doing really well. Just keep doing what you are doing now and hang in there. Cheering you on girl! Also great job on the mornings Pilates. I'm liking very much what I see on the new DVD clips. Oh my! Can't wait to get them in my little hot hands.

Michelle
, Don't you just love leisurely family time? Enjoy your travels to Camp Lejeune.

Janie

Ugh! I am so peeved. I just lost my long post. Dang.

Kick, Punch and Crunch yesterday--travel fit (while on travel) today. Will pick back up with the October rotation on Friday.

~michelle

Dad, Joey and I did TBS, abs and stretching.

Michelle, I feel your pain about losing posts. Wonder if they will fix that problem? Very frustrating for sure. Great job on KP&C yesterday--travel fit.

Take care,

Janie

Just a few days away from my first music program of this school year. My fourth graders will be putting on "RIVER CHILD" on Monday. We have been working on this since the first of September. They are definately ready. And I'm ready for it to be over. It will be good.

I am doing more and more advanced step workouts. Though my endurance is not yet half of what it used to be, at least I am able to do more intricate moves. I need to ramp up the weight lifting but I am super focused on cardio for the time being. I see my orthopeadic doctor next month. Its been 5 months since surgery. Everything seems to be on track.

I'm really enjoying the baseball playoffs. Gonna miss it when its over, but then it will be onto the next thing. My weekends are full of college football too. Just can't get enough of that either.

Hope everyone is doing well.

~Renee

Catchick65 said:
Just a few days away from my first music program of this school year. My fourth graders will be putting on "RIVER CHILD" on Monday. We have been working on this since the first of September. They are definately ready. And I'm ready for it to be over. It will be good.

I am doing more and more advanced step workouts. Though my endurance is not yet half of what it used to be, at least I am able to do more intricate moves. I need to ramp up the weight lifting but I am super focused on cardio for the time being. I see my orthopeadic doctor next month. Its been 5 months since surgery. Everything seems to be on track.

Funny! Good luck with the performance & I a sure every teacher gets to the point when they are ready for it to be over!

That's awesome to be seeing some improvements in your step routines! I know seems slow but you are doing great!

Yesterday I switched the October rotation around a little bit and did HIIT 40/20 instead of Boot Camp because I also had to teach that evening. Today I had to bring my DD all the way down to South Denver for her Davis Method training so it looks like it will most likely end up as a day off!

Michelle: hate that!

Hope everyone else is doing well & busy working out

Dad and I love 2nd handing. Sooooo much fun. He makes people come alive with all his teasing and charm. What a guy! I bought a sweatshirt, heavy duty nighty for the cold nights at the beach house, a lounging chair that is remarkable and only $7.00 (will go nicely on the porch of the Beach House), a dog bed that Rolly won't get out of, and a couple of tops. All in all, a very good day.:D

Renee, Sounds like River Child for your 4th graders will be an amazing story. Can't wait until Monday to hear how they did. I think you are doing great on your exercises, cardio and weight lifting. You are simply to hard on yourself. It takes a little time to get back to where you were. But you will get there with all your determination.

Laura, Wonder if we can complain to someone about all the posts we are missing. It's frustrating.:confused::mad:

Janie

Hi everyone--home again. We drove home yesterday, late afternoon--got to my house about 9:30 pm. Made for a very long day and it poured rain for the last hour of the trip which made driving in the dark even more fun. But it was nice to be home with my DH and my pup.

Worked at home today--took a break late afternoon to do Step, Jump, and Pump. I'm back "on" the October rotation--just picking up with the workout for the given day. I think the plan is to head over to the boat tomorrow about mid-day. It's supposed to be windy but nice.

Janie: the second-handing can be fun. I've still got that pile of stuff on my bed to take to Goodwill, although the organization is taking a little heat around here at the moment. They just bought a HUGE and not inexpensive building in an up and coming commercial development area just south of Fredericksburg and folks are wondering just to what "good" Goodwill's proceeds are going.

Laura and Janie: I think my lost post was due to a clich with the wifi in the hotel the other evening and not a forum problem. Sometimes technology is still not perfect.

Sister--tried to call you the other night to chat but maybe you were already asleep. I know your kids will do great on Monday night. I have another workout suggestion: SJP premix: Step and weights. No hi/lo which you know I am not crazy about.

Okay--got a whining pup who is insisting it is time for walkabout.
~michelle

Dad did the warm up of TBS and Joe and I did that plus abs and stretches. My sister called and told us she will be back a day early. So, that means I have to give up Dad a day early. I was meant to have this little time with Dad. I thoroughly enjoyed him, and even got to know him better. tomorrow will take a trip to Seattle so he can visit with one of his son's (my brother) Alger. Then back home for dad to pack and get ready to go back home on Sun. I'm going to miss him so very much. I'll be worried for him until he gets into an apt. I'll keep tabs on him and so will one of my other sisters, who lives a lot closer than me to keep an eye on him. Wish I didn't have to let him go.:( Dad even taught Rolly how to stand up. So cute.

Michelle, It's always nice to get back home. Enjoy it. Great job on SJ&P. Ooooooo continuing October rotation will be great for you. Enjoy boating tomorrow. I bet there are more people than usual going to the Goodwill's because of the economy. Might mean they are coming into more money than usual. People can't afford the more and more price hikes that are going on and can find better prices in the 2nd hand stores. At least I hope that is the case.

Janie

Well, we couldn't get motivated to go over to the boat, so we are at home. Ripken and I had a super long walk this morning--the weather is just perfect for a long puppy walk. I made breakfast for my DH and then did IMAX2-ugh! I feel like I just did IMAX2 not that long ago--Cathe is loading up on her IMAXes and HIITs in this month's rotation. All good!

Janie: Nice visits do seem to go by fast, don't they? It's nice that you and your dad had this time to reconnect. Maybe you can do it again in a few months?

Thinking DH and I may go up to the Verizon store tomorrow and put in my order for an iphone4S. Time to upgrade.

Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful Saturday.
Michelle

Beautiful Sunday here in Virginia. Ripken and I had a nice walk this morning, then DH and I went out for breakfast. Came back and did Muscle Max--felt good. Then I helped DH clean the connectors on my SUV battery--had a bid of corrosion on one and just a little on the other. Exciting stuff, huh? Right now, we are watching the Redskins get their butts kicked by the Philadelphia Eagles. Not looking good. At least my Hokies won yesterday.

Weather must be good and folks must be busy, because we are awfully quiet here. Ripken says just don't forget to get your licks in.
Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.