Getting Our Licks In!

Today was Step Fit. Walked Rolly about 30 min.

Michelle, Great job on the long walk with Ripken and LM. Enjoy your 3 day time at Solomons, I know you will all have fun. The house we put an offer on is in Washington State in Westport and only 80 miles away from where we live. I hope we hear something soon. I'm getting all excited.:rolleyes:

Take care,

Janie

Good morning everyone. Friday morning--thank goodness. Slept in an extra hour and a half, walked Ripken, and the did high reps. I'm supposed to do 4DS kickbox, cardio only, but I don't think that is going to happen. My lower body is toast. I'll get the KB in tomorrow--but it will be MMA Kickbox (assuming that I left MMA KB on the boat because it is not here at the house).

Janie: Westport, WA--I will have to look that up on the internet. Since you are in southern Washington and Westport is only 80 mile away, I'm guessing that Westport is also in the southern part of the state. Very, very excited for you. Hope you hear some good news soon.

College football starts this season and ya'll know that DH and I are nuts about college football, especially our VaTech Hokies. They play a nondivision game this weekend and we are happy it will be televised. Something to break up my boat washing tomorrow! It is supposed to be a super great weekend, weatherwise. Hope everyone stays safe and has a great Labor Day weekend.
Michelle

Today was Double Wave Pyramid. MMMMMMAAAAANNNNNN! Also plan on walking Rolly later today.

Michelle, Great job walking Ripken and HR. Westport is North West in Washington State. We live 80 miles inland. It's so beautiful in Westport and so many activities we can do. I sure hope we get that house. Enjoy VaTech Hokies.

Janie

This morning we heard from the Realtor. The person that owns the house near the beach, excepted our offer!!! (Happy Dance):eek:.

With lots of discussion during the last few days, there were things that use to make us nervous. Our beach is called "Wash Out Beach". At least 100 feet of erosion happen on the beach a year. We looked at the prediction map and in the year 2028 it will be a half mile walk to get there. Then there is the worry of Tsunami. We will always be aware of that, but also what is more likely to happen, I ask myself, a car accident or a Tsunami? I can't let that deter us from enjoying ourselves because of that. It's not likely that will happen in our life time. And if it does, there are too many variables to consider, if this and if that...We are going to enjoy our place.

We go down Wednesday and get the paper work going, inspectors...So so excited. We may not go to Utah this year and if we do, just for a short time. I want to clean this place up, get rid of it's ugly orange rug, clean the walls and floors, everything from top to bottom. Can't Wait! Of course it will be 2-4 weeks before we can do all that because of the paper work. But it will happen. Did I tell you it's furnished? (Happy Dance Again)

Update: Walked Rolly for 30 min.

Happy Dancing Fool,

Janie

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
Took a break today and focused on scrubbing the boat. I've got the worst of the dirt (lots of leaves and pine fronds) off the boat. The bridge is basically clean but still needs a good wipe down and the cockpit is clean. Tomorrow, I will finish the bridge and get all the glass shined up and then clean the bow and the sides.

This weekend the Blue Angels are at Patuxent River Naval Air Station for the Air Expo. We watched them fly this afternoon. They have another demo tomorrow afternoon as well. DH, Ripken and I are just relaxing. I actually think the pup is napping. Yup, he is laying on the floor of the salon right next to me and he is definitely taking a snooze with his fan blowing on him. What can I say--he has the life of Ripken.

Janie: congratulations! You know you can always find fault with anything if you spend enough time focusing on the negative. And yes, there is a higher probability that you will be in a car accident than a tsunami occurring and wiping out your new place. ENJOY it--Spruce it up and make it yours. Before you know it, you will be laughing about the orange carpet and it will be a fun memory. I am so happy for you.

Time to contemplate a puppy walk.
~michelle

Hope everyone has enjoyed their labor day weekend. We headed home early from the boat because the forecast here was/is for rain, rain, rain. And raining it is. It is supposed to rain all week. Just what we need--more rain. A little bit is okay--but 3-6 inches (or more) is going to cause some problems, particularly north of here. I started Cathe's September rotation today. First up: Body Max 2. WooWee! Great workout. Sweat, sweat, sweat.

Anybody else up for the September rotation?
~michelle

Sat. I did Step Works later that night. Rested on Sun. and today did STS TB and walked Rolly fro 45 min.

Michelle, Hope you had a marvelous weekend despite the rain. I see Cathe's Rotation is a good looking one. Great job on BM2. Yep, I vouch for the sweating part. It was a headband wringer.LOL:D

Janie

Hi ladies,

Sounds like lots of fun stuff going on!! CONGRATULATIONS Janie! A new abode, how wonderful!! And beach front!:eek: Yes don't let your mind linger on the 'what if' cause really 'who knows' is what will happen and we have no control over those bigger things like Tsunami's....

I had the most perfectly balanced weekend with tons of fun! Friday I went to my first Phish show for a girlfriends 40th birthday, Saturday was a beautiful day at the Star House with wonderful supportive woman, Saturday evening at home, Sunday a peaceful restful day at home with my girls, Monday I went to the Gold Hill Inn for their big party with live music with friends and my daughters. So it was a little bit of everything....

Exercise, once again took a back seat to all the activities but I did have 1 night and 1 day of dancing which certainly counts for torching calories. Thursday I did a short but steep hike up to Lost Lake. Sunday I did Step Moves and Leaner Legs for the 1st time, which was one heck of a good leg workout, I can understand why it was one of Shadowpups' favorite leg workouts. I am still a little tight in my hamstrings from it today!:eek:

I am hoping for a little more regularity in my workouts this coming week! Guess I am the only one responsible for making that happen though

Michelle: cleaning that boat always sounds like such hard work! It is probably worth it to take care of it and be able to enjoy it all the more for being well cared for...hope the rain isn't to much to cause flooding, we have been having a gentle rain here pretty much all day which is very unusual as we usually have more of a Thunderstorm pattern that is furious but short..

Still raining. Ripken and I walked (short walk) in the rain this morning and somehow I have a feeling we will be walking in the rain tonight as well. Oh well, the rain helps to make his fur soft. And he loves getting toweled dry.

This morning after the walkabout, I did HIIT 40/20. I exercised late yesterday and was having Cathe roadtrip flashbacks this morning. I made it though. So happy those HIIT workouts are short. I'm probably going to move around some of the workouts this week so they fit with my work schedule. Tomorrow is supposed to be the original body max, but I'm thinking I will do Step, Jump, and Pump tomorrow, KPC on Thursday, Body Max on Friday, and the stretch on Saturday. It's the same workouts for the week just in a little different order. Except for today's HIIT, all the workouts are well over an hour this week. I don't mind the longer workouts, I just have to be sure I plan for the extra time in the morning.

Laura: boy, your weekend sounds like it was jammed back with activity. I'm assuming that your twins are back to school now, so get those workouts out of the backseat and plop them up front with you and head into full drive mode! Take a gander at Cathe's Sept rotation--it will definitely get you back in the groove.

Janie: oh boy--STS total body. Love that workout. How did it go? Don't you just love to hate the ab work at the end? Amanda's abs are so inspiring, don't you think? Ah--to be that young and energetic again. Actually, it would nice to have the experience that comes with age and be totally energetic again.

Ripken says: Keep getting your licks in!
~michelle

AND yes--it is still raining! More like pouring. I drove in this morning in pouring rain and fortunately everyone was going slow and there were no accidents. Ripken and I got in a medium walk this morning (and it wasn't raining when we walked) and then I did Step, Jump and Pump. Admittedly this is not one of my favorite Cathe workouts but it sure does make you sweat. And you'd think it would grow on me because I think it has been in the last couple months of rotations, but alas I still haven't done it enough times to have the choreography stored in my memory. So, that means a little extra concentration on my part.

Hey--if you didn't notice: check out the 2011 Glassboro roadtrip video on Cathe's homepage. Lots of good memories there. Looking forward to burning the glutes and hammies with slide and glide in the new series. Cathe mixed in pieces from her new workouts at the roadtrip and the lower body slide and glide exercises really get you in the gotchya!

Hope everyone has a great day.
~michelle

Sorry about being MIA. Yesterday was Step Blast and today I did LIC. Also did stretches afterwords. I haven't been doing extra stretches lately and doing them reminds me how important they are. Also walked Rolly both days for 45 min.

Joey went to Westport today to put money down on the house. We made appointments for the inspector and the well person to come out today. Joey will be getting that info today as well. We decided not to go to Utah (unless the house doesn't cone through for us) and instead, get it ready the way we like, for next Summer. We also found a better route to take in case there is a Tsunami. We didn't like the first one at all. Had to go to lower elevation to get to high ground, this route will not go to lower elevation, instead it only get's higher and it's only 1.9 miles to get there. Not 3 miles. So we're good. We found this route through a topological map. So glad he found this info. I feel so much better knowing this.

Laura, If we get this house, it is about 3/4 of a mile away to the ocean. Great time to get our bikes out or walk it. So glad to hear that you had such a wonderful weekend. What is a Phish show? Oh yes, dancing is counted as a workout. I love to dance and try to do as much of it as I can. Fantastic job on hiking to Lost Lake, Step Moves and Leaner Legs. I think it's time to get the roller out for your hammies.

Michelle, Fantastic job on Hitt 20/40. Good plan to make the workouts fit into your life. Those are heavy duty workouts and great ones too. When I do a workout (especially the hard ones) I modify. I call my middle name modify these days) Oh yes, those girls abs are to die for. That is so inspiring, you just can't help to do those exercises in hopes you can have those kinds of abs too. Having the experience of life and still have youth, O my...in my dreams only. Rain Rain go away. Great job on those walks. Also on SJ&P. I'll check out the 2011 Glassboro road trip. How cool is that? I'm glad you were able to go.:) I can't wait for the new workouts to come.

Janie

Last edited:
Yesterday I taught my Total Tone class, it rained all day here to and everyone's energy was really low...strange how much the weather affects our moods!

Today was beautiful and I did a 4 mile hike with a friend in Boulder. I am still tired and it wasn't a very energetic hike but it still is moving and any hike in the foothills is still always pretty steep.

I might motivate to do the Hiit low on Intensity....;)

Michelle: is it flooding out there yet with all that rain? I really would love to do a road trip next summer! It must be so cool! I've never been a big fan of Step, Jump and Pump either. I just don't like the floor aerobics very much at all. The Step is great fun though I just wish it was longer....September rotation does look good, but I am still very slowly making my way through the Rock Bottoms Rotation. Between missing some workouts and trying to fit it into my class schedule it is taking for ever!!

Janie: so much to do with purchasing a house and getting it set up. I remember helping my mom with it last summer! It is fun though! Remember that when things get stressful! Good job on keeping up with your workouts with all that's happening right now with the purchase! I think you should get extra credit for those workouts!:eek:

Did IMax1 today and walked Rolly for 30 min.

Inspectors found that the roof needs a little repair, it's not leaking but the stuff they have on it needs to be melted onto itself. Also there has been leaking under the house where a couple of tee's(misspelled I'm sure) from the water pipes had been damaged from freezing weather which caused leaking in the house. Two sides of the slide out are effected from the water leakage. Under the house the water caused a lot of water damage there too (wet insulation...) Major damages. Also replacement for the dishwasher, and there are two burned out elements in the furnace. All that will cost $1,500.00 to fix. We are asking the owner to split the cost of $750.00. She's 80+ years and a widow and will give her the benefit of the doubt for not disclosing all these things. The Realitor has his suspicions. We'll see what she will do in a couple of days.

I'm already crocheting hot pads, dish cloths, wash cloths for the bathroom and maybe even make something for the two bedrooms. Can't help it, we will get this place one way or another. We are soooooo excited. When we finally own it, will be busy working on it, getting it fixed...riding our bikes or walking to the beach.

It has always been a dream of mine all my life to live near the ocean and we are going to make my dream come true. I have been saving my (VIP) Voluntary Investment Plan while working at Boeing for many many years and now it's time to collect that money and get this home. Joey just loves the idea. How can he not?

Laura, Terrific job teaching your TT class. I agree, weather can affect moods. Also terrific job on the 4 mile hike. Wow. I've been to Colorado and know the hills you are talking about. They are steep. Good job. Thank you for the pep talk.

Have a good one,

Janie

Hi Ladies--had a busy day yesterday and didn't get a chance to check in. Yesterday I did Kick, Punch, and Crunch and today was Body Max. Gosh, the ab work at the end is killer--well, for both workouts really, but I was really feeling the ab work today at the end of bodymax.

We had major rain here again yesterday. The drive home took a while because I really couldn't go over 40 miles an hour--sometimes not more than 30--that's how hard it was raining. I was just happy that the interstate I drive on was not flooded. VA state police closed the Beltway in Alexandria because it was flooded. Lots of people sat for hours on the beltway waiting to get through the detours. Crazy.

Today I worked at home and the sun even came out every once in while. Looks like we will have a few days for everything to dry out. Thank goodness.

Janie: You've been kicking up the workouts a notch--that's great. I know that you say that you modify (don't we all, at times?), but Step Blast, LIC, and IMAX are major cardio workouts. I'm glad that you and Joey are still excited about the place near the ocean. Even new homes aren't always perfect. The joys of home ownership usually mean there is always something to be fixed up, replaced, or at a minimum cleaned. So it goes. It is still an exciting venture--please continue to keep us up to date on how things are proceeding.

Laura: I'm with you on the floor aerobics parts of SJ&P, particularly the hi impact aerobics. But even though it is not my favorite Cathe, it still is a good workout because I'm majorly huffing and puffing at the end. Your hike in Boulder sounds wonderful. It's funny that you mentioned hiking. I was just thinking today about sister and how she did not get to do any hiking this summer because she was recovering from her knee surgury.

BTW--speaking of sister: she is doing step (basic step), once a week and I think she has done one or two others, but I'm not remembering which. And she is doing STS again. I know that she lurks, maybe she will start checking in again.

Hope everyone has a great Friday night.
~michelle

Today was High Reps. Man that's hard! Also walked Rolly for 45 min.

Michelle, Since the owner of the beach house has no internet or anything to do with computers, we have to reach her by mail the old fashion way, at a snails pace. We took out all of my VIP today, it was really going down hill as we watched the stock market. At least we know for sure we have the money when it come down to the wire. We couldn't wait not one more second for fear we wouldn't have the money. It came that close. I don't feel bad at all because that is what it was intended to be anyway. We now have the money in hand. Whew! Great job on KC&P and today's BM. We are so lucky here that we don't get rain like that here. Were you scared? Enjoy the dry out sunny days to come.:)

Renee, if you are lurking, know how proud I am of you for doing basic step and or other step workouts. Also I know you are doing STS again. You go get em! Hope one day you can return and post here with us. We miss you.:)

Hi ladies!

Yesterday I had time for a quick power walk around Wonderland Lake before my clients, which I have moved down to Boulder for the school year, and then I got really tired in the afternoon. I finally motivated though and did 4DS KB and then the 2 HIITS from Intensity. Which was a good workout. Today is Eliza's first Nutcracker Rehersal and my DH and I are moving a bunch of stuff out of storage into my mom's to get ready to sell at the twin sale. It is going to be a tons of work to get ready for because they have changed how they tag and you have to do all the labels on the computer, so I will have to go back and re-tag older items all over again.:(:mad::p

The Recreation center is closed this week for maintenance and my mom is out of town so I am going to spend all of next week in Boulder with my kids. It will be nice but I will have to figure out what to do about workouts since all my equipment is up in the mountains..

Janie: well it must be nice to have the $ in hand. I hope everything works out. I agree with you and I doubt the woman had any idea about the water issues.

Michelle: I did see a little of the flooding on TV, it really is intense. I am glad you made it home safely even if it took a little longer. I really dislike driving in that kind of heavy down pour.

Renee: we miss you!! Please check in!!

Today was a stretch day. Did total body stretching. Felt good to stretch my muscles.

We are at home this weekend and I also spent some time in my garden pulling weeds this morning. I have one section looking pretty good, but I really let it go, so I will be out there again tomorrow. I have terrible hay fever so when I do anything outside having to do with foliage, I have to wear long pants, long sleeve shirt, and gloves. I worked up a pretty good sweat even though there is a good breeze blowing out of the north--it still is warm. Discovered a snake skin in the garden while I was pulling weeds. No snake, just its discarded skin. We've also got some basil growing "wild" from seeds that have germinated from pass years' basi plants. There are about 8 or 9 plants and I'd like to get the weeds pulled around them, so they can do a little more growing.

Laura: so do ya'll have a house in Boulder or do you stay at your mom's? Your twins go to school in Boulder, don't they? You'll have to refresh my memory on the logistics of their school and where you live. You did one heck of a workout--4DS Kickbox and the HIIT from Intensity. WOW! And what is the "twin sale"? Is that like a yard/garage sale?

Janie: I understand your concern about pulling your money out of the market. We did that with one of Joe's plans a few years ago before the market really tanked--so I guess that was early 2008. My retirement plan took a huge hit in late 2008 and it had slowly recovered through last year. Now this year, I'll be happy if I end the year about where I started. At some point this economy will turn around but I think it is going to be a few more years. High reps and STS total body in one week. I've done that before--I'll bet your are feeling your muscles today.

~michelle

Today I walked Rolly for 45 min. Also my last workout of this rotation and did Rhythmic Step. I'm back with my Joey doing TBS, abs and stretches on Mon. I can't believe I did it!:D Rolly has some kind little hard thing on his forehead. He will see a vet on Tues.

I managed to make a lot of earrings and pendants. I now have to work on bracelets and rings. There will be an all day photo shoot tomorrow and try to get them on my website.

Laura, Great job on the power walk around the lake and 4DS KB and, OMG 2 hiits from Intensity. How can you do that! Wow! Sorry about the retagging. That's not fun at all. Have fun at Boulder with your kids.

Michelle, Great job on those stretches. I'm afraid my garden has more weeds than ever before. To lazy I guess to keep it up this year.(bad me) We have garder snakes, they eat the spiders and some bugs, and unfortunately frogs. But, that is life. Great job on that garden. I do have heavy duty DOM's today. So glad the rotation is over, but man that was something.

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
Today is a rest day and I decided to take it. I toyed with the idea of moving on to the second week of Cathe's Sept rotation, but I opted for the rest day.:p Ripken and I have taken a couple of short walks--about 15-20 minutes for each. We'll get a couple more in before the day is over.;) I know the pup loves me but I think he is happy when Monday comes and his mommy doesn't interupt his naptime during the day.

Janie: Congratulations on finishing your rotation. You topped it off with one of my all time favorites: RS.

Hi to Laura, Shadowpup, Shoegal (where are you?), Elle, MicheleZ, and sister.
Michelle

My rest day today. Starting on Oct. 25 my dad of 87 will visit us for 3 weeks. A time to get to know him again. My sister that he lives with is going on vacation and needed someone to help with him. He's doing really well for an 87 year old, just dosen't like being alonge. Watches TV, does some second handing, naps. If we get our house on the beach, (and who knows when that will be). I'm hoping to clean it up before he gets here and then the small bedroom he can use while we are there. I'd love to take him fishing on the dock in the fishing village. He would just love that. we'll see. It will be a happy time.

Michelle, Great job on having a rest day. Aren't they wonderful? Also great job on those walks with Ripken.

Have a great day,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.