Getting Our Licks In!

Shoegal, Congratulations on tons of snow! Oh!! I love snowshoeing! Oh!! I love sleighing down a hill! That sounds like tons of FUN! Your poor hubby, he did good. You gotta love um.;) Did your sister ever get her power back? Sure hope so.

I am feeling really good lately. I'm going to create another rotation and post it on Monday. Then, Joey and I, will do it for 4 weeks. It's not going to be easy, I can tell you that. But, looking forward to this challenge regardless. Wish us luck.

Laura, How is your DH doing with his shoulder injury?

You may not know it, but I think your doing very good on your exercises. It's hard work! You did good. Remember ice and warmth is always good on sore muscles. And don't forget Chamomile tea. It relaxes you.

Have a good evening everyone, see ya all tomorrow.

Janie

Well, Michelle and I started meso 2 yesterday. That was some workout! My chest weights seemed so heavy. I managed what the card said for the flat bench chest, but had to take it down 5 pounds for the incline. It was so hard! I am definately feeling it today! Shoulders and triceps went okay and managed the weights on those exercises fine.

The electric went out for a while yesterday. Very boring, very worrisome. Wondering if and when it would return. Out at 5 in the morning back on at 11... not too bad.

Did some shoveling of snow here too. Have more to do today. Plus I plan on HiiT 30/30 and Ab Circuits med ball routine. Yippy skippy!

How many days of school will I miss this week? Ugh.

~Renee

HIIT 30/30 and ab circuits with the medicine ball was my exercise earlier this afternoon. I think that 30/30 could grow on a person after a while. It goes by so quickly and I'm just a big huff-n-puff at the end. After doing chest, shoulders, and triceps yesterday, the medicine ball abs were a pretty good challenge. Sister and I are trying Cathe's STS/shock cardio meso 2 rotation--at least for this week.

Yes, we have a lot of snow on the ground. Somewhere between 2--24 inches. It's beautiful and it's a bit overwhelming. Right now, folks are being asked not to drive because there is so much snow on the roads and the road crews don't even have the interstate clear. Of course, some just feel compelled to get in their vehicles not designed to go in the snow and try their luck. So, right now we have a teenager who is stuck in the snow in front of our house. Now mind you, the vehicle is a small 4-door sedan. Why this young person thinks her vehicle is going to make it out of the neighborhood is beyond me. She might get down the hill in front of our house, but there is another hill waiting for her that I can't imagine this car (with no 4-wheel drive) will get up. Ah youth. Silly, silly youth.

No big plans today. Just hanging out, enjoying spending time with by DH and Ripken.

Stay safe and warm everyone.
~michelle

It is so funny to read that all of you (well, Shoegal, Michelle, Renee and Laura) have gotten snow, while we don't have much! It's one of the lightest years for snowfall, and actually we're at almost 50 degrees right now. Amazing :) STS does have a way of pointing out various body parts, doesn't it? I'd think you would be fine to skip BB if you want to keep with your current schedule (given that upcoming trip).

Janie, what kind of rotation are you going to do? Your last one was really something! Speaking of something, your lurker group is doing very well. You have a nice set of conversations over there (I admit, I peaked in). It also looks like people began posting again over on VideoFit. Congratulations!

It's still not clear what's going to happen with my DC trip. The first meeting is one of those that's set in advance and apparently there are reasons it can't be changed. I have to at least make an attempt to attend; it probably means a long day in airports hoping planes will take off. This actually is not entirely bad news because I can get a few short tasks finished more easily in an airport than my office! Michelle, thanks for the reminder on the boots. I'd gotten out of the habit of bringing them to DC.... that would have been bad this trip.

Speaking of trips and workouts, I finally concluded that starting Meso 2 right now would not be a good idea. It's taking awhile for me to recover from Meso 1; my sleep cycles are showing it. And I *really* want to use Travel Fit! I decided to do TRX strength yesterday; today will be Insanity's recover disk; and if I am able to travel then one of those days I'll do Travel Fit. These are all dvds that fit with the 'endurance' theme of Meso 1 - more reps, lighter weights or bodyweight. That will let me start Meso 2 next weekend. I feel a little guilty but on the other hand, this year I'm really working on my recovery cycles, and this approach fits in better with those.

Laura, I hope your DH is doing better today. He has been having a sad round of luck when it comes to injuries. All the Legs in STS are challenging, aren't they! What with your skiing I'm amazed you can do them.

Michelle, you did 40-20 also, right? I liked 30-30 more - mainly because the crew seemed so upbeat - what did you think? My favorite on that HIIT dvd might be the pyramid cardio wave but I have only done them once each and that's too early to tell. That silly teenager ... optimism is one thing, lack of planning another! Hopefully she will not skid into anyone or anything. Give Ripkin an extra pat or two from me :) Will you both watch Superbowl?

Shoegal, I finally tried on my Vibram Five Fingers shoes, with socks to match, and used them doing my TRX. I am sure it was quite a picture! They really *do* feel like gloves on my feet! What was nice was the extra traction. No skidding around the way even bare feet can. I do not think I'll be wearing them in front of other people any time soon, but I might try running with them in private, on in our hills, when the trails are dry again. These are just black. No leopard print - you are the brave one in our bunch when it comes to shoes!!!! I bet you looked glamorous.

Renee, the worst things about power failure here have to do with the fish (heated tanks, big ones, sometimes we have to boil water on the wood stove for them if the outage is days rather than hours ...) and also can't do my favorite workouts! sigh. Sometimes it's better when it happens in daylight, though a little hard on meals. How can you have hot cocoa after shovelling snow if you have no heat??? (This is one of many reasons I love having a wood stove).

Ironlady, hope you're doing better!

BTW, is anyone in our checkin group a runner? Most of my family ran or still runs - and they are always always always getting hurt. Ankles, shin splints, hip replacements. Etc etc etc. The Born To Run book implied that this is because modern shoes, especially pricey ones, encourage bad form. I've been reading that barefoot or vibram is safer ... I kind of want to try running, but I don't want to begin a round of running injuries, and it could just be because the book made it sound so enjoyable.

ETA:
I switched to TRX Back Biometrics when I realized there was a fair amount of bodyweight strength work in the Insanity recovery dvds! Wish me luck - can't tell yet whether my plane will take off in the morning ... have to be at the airport by 5:30am.

Last edited:
Renee, I've also had to adjust my weights from time to time. Great job on it by the way. I'm sure you will feel DOM's

We lose power every now and then too. It sure does interrupt things.:rolleyes:

Sounds like you are going to have fun with Hiit and Ab Circuits. Enjoy.

Michelle, Enjoy Cathe's STS/shock cardio meso 2 rotation. I think it looks great and challenging. I don't like driving in the snow, but, I love playing in it. Did the youth's car ever get out of the snow? Enjoy the rest of your day with Ripkin and Hubby.

Deborah, If you go to Video's and DVD Rotations I have created a rotation called "For a Lean Sculpted Butt And A Strong Hard Body". Joey and I will most likely start it on Monday. Don't know how far we'll get, but will try our hardest to do it. It will be very Challenging.

I do think the Lurker Group is going really well. Glad you peaked in. As far as VideoFit, I believe someone else took that one on another thread (Maybe Open Discussion, I don't know). I closed mine up and directed them over to the Lurkers Group here at Cathe's. It wasn't going so well. I started it up when I was having a lot of problems going on, so I mentioned it and afraid I scared them all away from such sadness.:eek: Live and learn, to shut my mouth.:rolleyes: Too much info too soon.

I hope things get straighten out at work for you with the DC trip. Long lines and airports sound awful, but glad you can make yourself busy doing work there.

I love Travel Fit. It's such a great workout. I agree on Meso 1 and trying to get back your energy. I took 2 weeks on my recovery, (not on purpose) but came back feeling stronger than ever. Yes I agree, more endurance DVD's until next weekend. Good plan.

I really can't run, have flat feet, so hurts when I do. I'm Leary also of all the injuries it comes with. But that being said, there are so many out there that enjoy it and do fine. I'm not a lot of help am I? LOL

Enjoy TRX. I wish you all the luck in the world for safe traveling and to get where you want to go in a timely manner.

Have great evenings everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
Well - Butler left me with the impression that we were all clear and conditions were good. So I drove into Pittsburgh Sunday morning thinking everything was just fine. I drove directly to church since my mother didn't pick up her phone. Well I get down this steep hill that was pretty much clear and down to the bottom where it looked like a bomb had went off. Trees were down - trees were leaning over the road and there were five cars completey abandoned. I get ready to turn down the road that leads to the church and notice that one side is completely blocked off and the other didn't look like it was plowed. I took one look and turned around - I thought - there is no way that my Mother went down there. She was home - and finishing up the driveway. Turns out both of my sisters were snowed in and not coming. I drove an hour in from Butler - and I was the only one who made it????:confused: Monica still has no power and they are thinking that her power won't be restored until the 12th!!! I am going to call her to see if it came back yet - but they hadn't plowed her road either so who knows. I would like to know why all this snow didn't fall on a weekday??????!!!!?!?!? :mad: It would have been fun to really get a free day off. Oh well.

I spent the morning and part of the afternoon with Mom then went home. DH and I went to the movies and then attempted to watch some of the superbowl. Frankly, we weren't really into it. We wanted the entire program just to be the commericals!!!

Janie - I plan to check out your rotation to see what you have planned. I am glad that you are feeling better. I also noticed that the Lurker's checkin is doing very well - I just see that people are posting - I haven't really read any of the posts. It got me thinking that it was a good thing that you started a new thread for it - there was obviously a need. I think people didn't want to join ours because we were already so established. So that was a good thing!!!

Shadowpup - I like to run but I probably wouldn't call myself a runner. There have been a couple of times I have got into it and went consistently but I have to say that usually when it turns cold I stop running. I have always wondered what it would be like to run barefoot. A friend of mine said that her sister read an article about running barefoot and how beneficial it is. So she tried it on the treadmill and said her feet were seriously sore - and had some blisters!! Your shoes sound hi tech. Let us know how traveling goes - I'm sure you'll love TravelFit. Goodness you have fish too!!! I tired fish but couldn't make it work. I had a Beta - so the poor thing was all alone and it was just too sad.

Laura - glad that you have been outside enjoying the outdoors. Hope Bo is alright and his shoulder is healing. It is really good of him to take the girls ice skating I have to say. It sounds like STS takes a whole lot of energy - I think it is nice that you are doing Meso 1 again. I think I would like to revisit the same workouts one more time to get it down -so to speak.

Michelle - I am surprised that you have some hills by your house - I just have this mental imagine that VA is all flat - I'm probably way off. Yeah - when you are young I think you are just braver - I'm too scared now to even attempt it. How did that happen to me?!!! They are predicting that we should get another 4 to 8 inches by Tuesday or so. I'm actually doubting that - where will we put it?

Renee - sorry you had the power out. Yes - I think it is a bit boring. I usually clean all Saturday morning so I probably wouldn't miss it too much - at least it went out during the daylight. We had it go out in the evening - and you know - it is like 8 o'clock and we just eventually go to bed because it isn't all that much fun sitting around in the dark.

Getting the day started - hope you all have a good one!:)

Sorry Ladies...

Once again I have had to not check in.

Currently in OK. My father passed away on Friday. Memorial is in the morning. Family here has had a really hard time last few weeks, most have been without power for almost 2 weeks due to the ice and snow.

Will catch up when I can!

Love to you all!

So sorry to hear that your father passed away, Ironlady. May he rest in peace. All my sympathy to you and yours. God bless you.

Shoegal...Virginia flat!?!?! roflmao...you are very funny. We have mountains here too ya know? And its south of the mason dixon line...so, snow and "hills" don't mix in the south! Central and western Virginia are very "hilly" indeed! Blue Ridge mountains, Shenandoah valley, appalachian springs, hot springs, skyline drive...lol! I know the west has the BIG mountains but we have a few here! I am very amused indeed, thanks.

Shadowpup, you have me mixed up with someone else. I don't even drink hot chocolate. At least not anymore! Water or coffee. Yeah, boring, but it works for me.

I did sts disc 13...legs. Wow, now that was intense! Feeling mighty good today, even after that workout. For some odd reason, my deadlifts with a barbell said "23 pounds". Too easy. I upped by 15 pounds for the next two rounds, and felt that was more like it, but perhaps a little more would have been better. Ah, time for that in meso 3, right?

"Do not fear- only believe. All things are possible to him that believes."- JC

~Renee
aka Catchick65

Also did disc 14, legs, today. It was one of those days where I was feeling really good--actually, exceptionally good, particularly on the lunges which I typically hate with a passion. It was a good workout. I'm sure it will sneak up on me in a couple of hours. Sister, my weights were a good challenge today, but sometimes I look at the spreadsheet and wondered if something in the 1RM system burped.

Shoegal: yes, we have mountains and hills in Virginia. The typography of the state tends to be flatter around the Tidewater area. Otherwise, plenty of hills and mountainside abound. Glad to hear that you got some snow--sorry you went out for naught yesterday. What are you focusing on this month in your exercise routines? Cardio, weight-lifting, a little of both?

Laura: You don't have lots of snow in Colorado? How can that be? How's your DH doing? How are you doing with STS? Do you like doing the longer version. I was leaning toward the 6 month rotation, but sister pushed for 3. So far this has really been a great experience for me. I'm really enjoying the program but wondering what it's like on the extended rotation. Do you feel more comfortable with the routines going through them two weeks in a row?

Ironlady: so sorry your dad has passed away. He had been ill for a while hadn't he? All this snow, ice, and cold doesn't make it any easier. God bless.

Janie: I'm going to have to check out that rotation that you posted. I'm going to copy and paste it into my rotation folder for future reference. Putting together a rotation is fun and more fun to do. High 5s to you and Joey getting back to the "old routine" again.

Shadowpup: wondering if you are headed east? The news this morning did not sound particularly encouraging with respect to the airports. It sounds like the biggest problem is that there are no planes at the airports because they flew everything out and haven't been able to get anything in. Hopefully that will change today and you will arrive safely, with boots on feet.

Sister: we just had the National Weather Service officially include Stafford in the Winter Storm Watch area. Oh boy! I will say that the neighborhood children are having a good time playing outside today. This morning alot of the "big kids" were out sledding. The ice-packed, snow covered hilly roads are great for sleds. Maybe I should get a sled. We don't have any snow toys. Do mom and dad still have our snow sleds? What about the snow pans?

Well, my valentine's day baby has a birthday coming up (my DH). I need to get up north one day this week so I can get his birthday present. Right now, Friday is looking hopeful.

~michelle

Started the rotation, but I have to tell ya, I'm not up to par on it yet. Been modifying as I do. Did STS Disc 4, Chest, Shoulders & Biceps.

Here's the link to it if you want to see it: For A Lean Sculpted Butt And A Strong Hard Body

I've been checking out the internet and came upon this amazing person, by the name of Calisthenics Kings (think his name is George). Wish...:rolleyes:

THE TAKEOVER

Shoegal, Oh my Lord! Do be careful out there with all that snow. So glad to hear you and your mother are safe. WHOOWH!

What movie did you watch? I hear a lot of people do watch the Superbowl for the commercials. LOL:D I was enjoying the internet and my rest day.

There are some really nice ladies on the Lurkers Group, and I think they will warm up better once they are use to posting. I think you are right about us already being established.

Ironlady, Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your Father. Please except my condolences. I know what you are going through, I lost my Mom Jan. 9th of this year. It's hard, I know. (((((HUGS! and prayers)))))

Post when you can. Love to you too.

Renee, Legs are always intense for me, because I need to work on them the most. You upped the weight to 15 pounds? Glad you adjusted your weight. You might add on even more. I can handle 50 pounds in Meso 2 and 60 pounds in Meso 3, bet you can do more. You are going to enjoy Meso 3, for sure.

Deborah, Know you are off traveling, but just wanted you to know I bought Versa Gripps. I think these are awesome from what I see on their add. Can't wait to try them out and lift even more without my hands cramping up or just plain not being very steady. Thanks for the suggestion.

Have a great day everyone.

Janie

Last edited:
Well back to the weekly grind today! I tried to post yesterday, but we are having internet problems from time to time! :mad: So frustrating.

Yesterday I did Shock Cardio Kickboxing, Athletic Step was on the calendar but I was feeling, well to be honest, like NOT exercising! So I opted for a lighter workout as a compromise! It ended up being perfect. I actually enjoyed it more the 2nd time around. Today I have taught one class and two more to go. Contemplating adding a short cardio but doubt I will....

The snow is still falling, it is that beautiful fluffy white snow that are like little crystals. We call it Champagne powder because it makes this delightful cyrstally sound as you glide through it. It actually has very little moisture content so it is very light and delightful, it glitters like a million diamonds in the sun or moonlight.

Janey: sounds like another good rotation you have planned. I am going to check out your link on the Callensthentic King He looks pretty fit for sure! Well even if you had to modify at least you did it! You will be back up to snuff in no time at all..

Michelle: well we do have snow but like Shadowpup it has been a lighter snow year than normal. We had a lot in the early fall and little since then, southern CO on the other hand has had more snow than average. I heard on the news the other day that the front range is at about 80% average snow fall and that SO CO is over 125% average snow fall.. Yes I really almost always like a routine the 2nd time through. I don't know why, but it feels more comfortable and I can get in a better flow of the routine. I am funny that way, I know most people love the thrill of a new workout, but I prefer the comfort of a familiar routine. I:)

Catchick: shoveling on top of STS shoulder work! PHEW! I hope you don't loose your power again and that you get to enjoy the snow a little bit. Rent some snow shoes and head up to those VA mountains once the high ways are clear and get a GREAT workout while enjoying the beautiful outdoors! (but take a friend)

Ironlady: I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I send my love to you and your family in this hard time. Take care of yourself and know we are here for you if you need us!~

Shoegal:UGH! I would be frustrated to have gone all that way as well! I hope you had some nice one on one time with your mother! Yes it is nice to stay with a workout sometimes. STS has been intense for me, I don't usually gravitate toward the endurance workouts and my weight seems heavy for doing so many reps. My shoulders are really feeling it the most, in a not good DOMS kind of way but in a cranky irritated sort of something isn't right kind of way. My body just doesn't seem to love so many push-ups and pull up kind of thing. It all started in P90X. Also I do a lot of repetitive movements with all the classes I teach. I am not sure of the solution..:(

Shoegal: hope your flight made it and you were able to get some work done on the plane! I think you plan with continuing with the endurance work but changing the workouts is a good plan. Does Cathe have any other endurance workouts? Maybe I will see and download them to do instead of repeat 3 weeks of STS Meso Cycle !
Shoegal

Michelle, My IRM was off a bit too. I find on some exercises I couldn't lift that heavy and then on some it was ridiculously easy. Just have to adjust very quickly to get the maximum effort done.

I see you remarked about the rotation. Thank you.:) I'm having fun with our workouts, it just been tooooooo long.

Your honey was born on valentine's day? How cool:cool: is that? Have a great time with him on his birthday.

Laura,

Good job on the Cardio Kickboxing! OOOOOOO, would love to walk in Champagne powder.

I think a lot of people like Shock Cardio Kickboxing. Can't wait to try it. I love it too when I do an exercise perfectly. Congratulations! Yeah.

Is the internet problem due to the snow? Man you guys are getting hit hard with the stuff!

Janie

Last edited:
Hello Ladies -

Last night I again did Christi Taylor's Step Heaven. Long long workout - after a full hour of stepping - (without a cool down) I'm not exactly gung ho to do her little bit of interval training - so I stopped there - but it was intense and fun and I'm about there on learning her routine. I know alot of people don't like all of her TIFTing but I do - I like having multiple tries to do it again and get it perfect. So it was a great workout overall. I'm in love with the 6th combo - it is gorgeous - I just want to do it again and again and again. When I was through - I went back and put it on again and did it a couple more times -just to perfect it and well, cause it was fun.

More snow is supposedly coming. Watched the news - and the talk is all about our existing totals and the back to back storms. This storm is supposedly 6 to 10 inches - and it is supposed to begin snowing shortly - but we have nothing yet. The road right outside work is a mess - a tractor trailer got stuck - slowed all of us down - and then a little mini van was stopped in the middle of the road right afterwards. Stuff like this infuriates Rex - who hates to wait - hates to be delayed and is a massive ball of tightly wound frustration. I was so fortunate as to be there to witness all of his thinly veiled anger!!! :rolleyes:

Janie - I took a peek at your rotation - it looks difficult and I would actually consider doing it but I don't have all the workouts you listed - but sure gives me something to shoot for!!! :eek: I watched the Takeover - my goodness - yes that man is super strong!!! It was enjoyable to watch. I find myself counting out his reps.

Laura - It is best to do a workout that you are going to do - you did the right thing!!! I like the term Champagne powder for the type of snow you are getting - sounds lovely. Plus I love Champagne ;). You should rest your shoulder - and if possible, work around it - maybe not do some or all of the push ups or pull ups - that is really the only way to let it heal. It is is yelling at you - you should listen to it. :)

Ironlady - so sorry to hear about your father - I lost my Dad last July - we are all thinking about you - special (((Hug))) for you as well.

Michelle - My Brother in Law, Joe (isn't that funny) was born on Valentine's Day as well. I asked my sister if that was a pain - because Rex was born Dec 21st - and I find it difficult because his birthday is so close to Christmas. She said it was. How do you celebrate both occasions??

Shadowpup - hoping you are traveling safely!!!

Ok going to go - I hope everyone has a lovely day.

Well, it is not snowing here in Stafford, VA yet, but sister told me that it started snowing about 5 am this morning down her way. Right now, amazingly, the sun is out. It's not going to last, I'm afraid. More snow is definitely coming. I have had two good workouts today. The first was this morning after walking Ripken. The snowplows came through the neighborhood and plowed in the entrances to everyones' driveways. Big icy, snow chunks piled up where you don't want them. So, out came the regular shovel--first to break of the ice chunks, then the flinging of snow began. All I can say is thank you Cathe for my improved upper body strength. It sure has been coming in handy this winter. Took about 30 minutes and a good sweat, but I got our driveway entrance cleared out and I shoveled a path to the mailbox for our mail carrier. I don't think we are going to see our mail carrier anytime soon, but it needed to be done before the next pile of snow comes along.

My second cardio of the day was Cardio Core Circuit. I think this is by far the hardest cardio workout I have ever attempted to do. I'm not sure how many outer body experiences I had during the course of this workout--at least 3, starting with the 3rd circuit. Wow! That's really all I can say--beyond intense.

Got an email from Shadowpup late yesterday afternoon. She made it to DC safely. I'm assuming her meetings are a go today even though the federal government is closed. Not sure if we will be able to meet, we'll have to see how the weather goes.

Laura: champagne snow sounds nice. Light, airy, easy to shovel. No champagne snow here--heavy, wet, not so easy to shovel.

Janie: so now you have a pair of versa grips. Will have to check those out. Shadowpup is always finding great exercise accessories. I copied your rotation and saved it. I'll have to take a peak to see what you are doing today.

Shoegal: we've never had a problem celebrating Joe's birthday on Valentine's day. It just makes it double special. I know what I want to get him for his birthday, just hoping I can get up north to go to the store to purchase it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get up to Arlington on Friday. Patience really is a virtue and something I think most men don't seem to have. My DH can also be impatient. He hates to sit in traffic (who does?) and sometimes I think he could work himself into a coronary over something he has no control over anyway. So, what's the point? Fortunately, he doesn't spend much time sitting in traffic. You seem to be enjoying the cardio workouts these days--sounds like a good one last night.

Okay--still no flakes flying here, but that is supposed to change. Hope everyone has a great day.
~michelle

Quick check in and then I need to hit the shower and head to Boulder to get those gorgeous girls of mine!:D Is it me or do I always seem on the run lately??;)

Pilates class this morning followed by Disc #7 Chest, Shoulders, Biceps. Right shoulder is feeling better but left shoulder having the exact same pain! Go figure, did ok though...Man some of those weights I am just totally blown away from, really 20# for biceps as an ENDURANCE work out? You got to be kidding me...

Janie: Cardio KB is definitely more fun the 2nd time around I thought! You can tell Cathe is really working the moves, she moves so much from her core, although it is a less intense workout of the series if you really focus on your form you can get a decent workout.

Shoegal: My father would also get so bent out of shape by things compeletly out of his control. :rolleyes: Silly men!! Wow hang in there with all that snow it must really be shutting everything down over there where you aren't as prepared for it. I am going to try to get more step workouts in the next few weeks, I have been missing them..You always make it sound so fun!

Michelle: so what do think of Meso #2? How does it compare to #1? Still debating on moving straight into it with no rest and wondering what you think now that you have stared it? Shoveling is hard work! Make sure to bend those knees and lift the snow from your legs and not your low back, belly button to the navel the whole time to support the low back. I see tons of shoveling injuries during the snow season!!

Hi to everyone else!

Did BBL Cardio Axe and Insanity Cardio Abs today. Whew. Love the dancing, was so much fun. Insanity was work. Had a great workout today.

Shoegal
, I love Christy, but I'd never be able to that workout 3 times in a row! Wow girl, you are made of energizer batteries.:D It sounds like fun and I'm so impressed.

I hope you guys get through the snow storms with no harm done. Sounds mighty dangerous to me. Do be careful and stay safe.

Michelle, What a mess and a lot of work the snow plowers make it seems. At least perhaps though, the roads are drivable.:rolleyes: yes, I agree, now is the time to thank Cathe.;)

The third week in my rotation will have Cardio Circuit. I can see it's going to be a working day for sure. Thanks for the heads up on that one.

I hope you and Shadowpup meet. How cool would that be?:cool: Those versa grips (thanks to Shadowpup will be needed for sure). Can't wait to get them. She does have a way of finding useful exercise paraphernalia.:D

Like I told Shoegal, please be careful and safe in that snow.

Laura, Yes, you do seem very busy. But, how could you not be, with those beautiful girls.;) Good to hear your shoulder is getting better. But not so good to hear that your other shoulder is feeling pain too. Darn! That has to be frustrating.:confused:

Believe it or not, after meso 3, you will be doing close to lifting 20 pounds if not more for bicep curls. I can do that right now (6-8 reps) with a barbell (don't know if I can with free weight in an endurance workout though). I know, it's crazy, but true. That series is amazing on the muscle growth you gain.

I don't have Cardio KB in my rotation, so I'll have to wait until I'm done. Can't wait though.

Take care everyone, and stay warm and snug at home if you can with all that snow outside.

Janie

Okay, no school again! This is getting old fast. Yeah, I thought a snow day here and there would be great...but not so many, day in and day out. I thought for sure we would be back today but it didn't happen. The roads seem fine to me so I can't help but wonder if there are other issues like power outages somewhere in the county.

Yesterday was Cardio Core Circuit. Very difficult after sts/legs the day before. Heck, I think its just plain hard...CCC that is. Today was Back and Biceps. Enjoyed that and was amazed at how fast time flew thru that one. Feeling strong today...and hungry. Hungry, hungry, hungry.

Shadowpup...a heck of a time to be in the DC area. Be careful and I hope you get back home safely.

Everybody stay warm. Please winter get me off this crazy thing!!!!!!!!!!

~Renee

I did Muscle Endurance last night and of course I really enjoyed it - what is not to love??? there is absolutely no dread factor there.

It was snowing a bit when we left for work and it snowed pretty much the entire ride home. It stopped though - and at 11 or so it still hadn't started again. I thought we were going to get lots more overnight - there is maybe 6 inches more - but this was not enough for us to have a snow day unfortunately. I would have loved to stay home!!!! Renee is lamenting on too many off days - and I can't get one. Oh well.

We did however bring in our girls to work - they are hanging out - sleeping mostly - but it is probably what they do at home all day. Such good girls. It is fun having them here.

Laura - yes - you are always on the run - good thing you have the strength and the stamina to do it too!!! The pain seems to be traveling - keep your eye on it - but I'm sure you know what you are able to handle - just be careful. :D

Janie - those workouts just sound scary - Cardio Axe :eek: Sounds really intense - doesn't sound like you are dancing - but you must be. Unfortunately - I didn't do Step Heaven 3 times in a row - just once and then I went back and did only the 6th combo a couple more times because I wanted to get it down and do it perfectly - and like I said - it was fun. So don't be impressed!!!

Michelle & Renee - I did CCC once - I remember thinking it was tough - although I really don't remember that much about it to be honest. I think the only workout from Shock Cardio I did twice was Step Moves - I think it is time I revisit them again.

Well - back to work here. :( Hope you all have a great day - snow or not!!

well was going to ski today, but it was terribly windy on the mountain, which for those of you who don't ski (which I might be assuming since it isn't mentioned much:eek:) isn't much fun at all to be out there in the howling wind...so I bailed on the mountain and went for a fantastic 2 hour, 1,117 calorie burning grueling snowshoe..the snow was virgin, meaning fresh with no trail blazed so sometimes we were knee deep even with snow shoes on. It really gets that heart rate pumping when you break trail. My two girlfriends and I would take turns breaking trail, each of able to go about 10 minutes out front before switching. It was GREAT, now I am pooped and have to get ready to teach my pilates class tonight. I hope people feel like stretching tonight cause I know I do!! :p

Janie: see that is why I am concerned, I am already lifting 20 # for biceps in Meso 1!!! What the heck will I be lifting in Meso #3 AND DO I WANT TO LIFT THAT HEAVY!!:eek::eek: Yikes...sounds like a good workout! Insanity sounds scary to me still...

Catchick: you must be getting cabin fever over there! Good thing you got your workouts to burn so energy off! Do you feel hungrier in Meso #2 or is it just being stuck inside do you think? I always want to eat more when I am snowed in, it is like a mini hibernation urge or something!

Shoegal: Well goes to show that the grass is always greener isn't it, when you have to leave the house you wish you didn't have to and when you CAN"T leave the house it is all you want to do! I can't remember ME. I was looking for other endurance Cathe style workouts and saw that one and was like I have that series, I know I did it once but I don't remember it! Does it have tons and tons of step up in it?

Well hope Michelle and Shadowpup are safe in DC, I heard the airport was shut down is that correct?

Ironlady: thinking of you! I hope you are recovering from your surgery and getting support in with everything happening for you right now!

Oh and forgot to say that I found Cardio Core Circuit very very tough as well! It really kicked my booty hard when I did it for the 1st time!:p:p:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.