Get Ready for Summer, May 2007

Can you help me out? What is CK. The second week has the ARM DRILLS from CK. Is this Cardio Kicks?? Thanks so much for your help.

hi Debbie

i don't have the time to work 6 days per week, only 4 days, and i really want to do your rotation, in your expert opinion (as a very good rotation's builder)what i should drop off from your rotation.
i started to do your fat loss rotation and i love it but i just cant do it all, help please.

on a personal note- just u should know that after i will have my 6th baby (I'm working on it;-) )u r my role model of loosing fat and be with such great body and I'm planing to try and have a great body like yours (in my dreams) I'm only a year here on the forum so i don't know your personal story but its very interesting TO me what made u start and the difficulties on the way. I'm asking because
I'm studying nowadays to be a nutrition guide to people who want to loose weight and I'm planing to be a gym coach.

thank u

sharona:)

Super Rotation!!!!
I just finished Week 1.

Could you elaborate as to what are the Arm Drills in Cardio Kicks? There's a chapter called Intensity Drills but starts with the one-legged kicks, is that it? Or should I fast forward to a part where the jabs start?

Thanks,
Chris.
:)

It's the very end of the drill if I remember correctly. No lower body movements are involved. Its been a really long time since I've done this workout so I maybe wrong as to where this section is, but I'm pretty sure its the very last part of the workout.

Great! That's what I thought at first, too.. I think it's about 4-5 minutes into the Power Drills.

Thanks!!!!

Chris.
:)

Hello Debbie,
I started this rotation today.I am really feeling it now.Love it!I am running in a half marathon at the end of July. I have started training for it three times a week by steady running. How can I incorporate my running with this workout with out changing this workout? I really would like to add on the running rather than the running being my cardio days. I print this because I would like to lose fat during the process.My goal date is July 24th.I will be doing this rotation for that long.Then I'll be ready for the race and my Road Trip with Cathe in JUly.

Veronika

Veronika,
I think you should just replace the step workouts with running. You don't want to over do it. You can easily overtrain doing this rotation and adding running on top of it. Plus your muscles and joints can get injured very easily.

Debbie,
What exactly does it mean to overtrain?I always think of exhaustion.

This is the deal.When I run it is very steady paced.I don't sprint or try to run any faster because I feel as if I am going to pull something.My question is, am I getting my heart rate up enough to make a difference?

Veronika

Sure, walking can make a difference. Any type of activity can and will make a difference.

But you also can't cross that threshold where your body can't take anymore. I firmly believe (imho) that doing more then an hours worth of training a day is self-sabotage. I've been there, I've done that.

I use to do hours and hours of cardio. It got me no where but injured and lanky-looking. Once I did a balance of weight training and cardio and kept it under an hour a day, my results (muscle gain and fat loss) were incredible.

I realize you don't want muscles, right? You are trying to get lean and train for a marathon. You may want to check out other running groups that have trained for marathon's and see how they did it. I have no expertise in that area.

Good luck to you! Marathon's are hard work.

Wait,
It is only a half marathon! And I want as many muscles as possibe. So just as you stated previosly I can sub the cardio for straight running.As far as lanky,I wouldn't mind sometimes not being as rounded. I'll take up your suggestions and see how that is working for me.I'll ask for your advice about any changes after I've done the rotation this month.

Dietwise. I have been tracking your nutrition and have basically copied you.I do add fresh fruit in the mornings though. Would this be beneficial for me.You do not want to know how I ate even just three weeks ago.IT WAS BAD!!!!

Veronika

Ok, just stay with the rotation. Sub in your running with any step or kickboxing in the rotation. See how that will work for you.

I always add frozen fruits to my protein drinks. I just never type it in. I guess I should start doing that, though. I use frozen blueberries, strawberries, pineapples or bananas. Depending on my carb intake - I stay away from bananas and pineapples when I'm lowering my carbs (like now).

Keep me updated. I'd be happy to hear how you are doing.

Debbie,
Thank you. Why are you staying away from bananas and pineapple? That is what I've been eating.And why are you lowering your carb intake?Is this to lose fat? Would it help me to do the same since my goal date is July 24th and that is exactly 12 weeks away from today?
Another question on nutrition is since only about three weeks ago I started changing my diet and seriously following your plan for about a week.IS this ok for me to do or is there something else I should be doing? How is what you are doing now really going to help me or do I need to change my coping you?

Veronika

Veronika,
I'm staying away from those fruits because I'm cutting for summer. I bulk in the fall/winter and cut in the spring/summer. I follow a bodybuilders lifestyle, I just don't do the competitions. Right now I'm eating below 100g of carbs a day. In the fall/winter I usually eat around 160g and above. I have some "fluff" to get rid of so this is how I do it. My training pretty much stays the same. Lift four days a week, cardio two days a week.

12 weeks is enough time to lose body fat. That's how I worked it out for myself. I start my cutting in the beginning of April so that by July 1st I'm where I want to be (125# and 15% body fat).

Hi Debbie Do you post your diet somewhere? If you do please share where? I would like to see what your menu looks like and compare maybe I can tweak mine... Thanks...

Go to the "Challenges and Checkins" forum. I post every day on the "Hardcore Fitness Maniacs" thread. We have a new thread daily. I post my eats when I can, mostly Monday through Thursday. Fri., Sat., and Sun., I'm not online much but I eat like that all week.

Go do yesterday's thread and you'll see pretty much what I eat every day.

Debbie,
Oh my goodness.No wonder you are so cut! Ok, I'm a little embarassed to say this but here goes.I have always wanted to do figurebodybuilding and maybe enter one competition. I keep saying that this will be the year.I have no idea where to start and there is so much out there. Could I pick your brain and would you be able to let me know where to start?

When you say you bulk up in the winter does this mean you put weight on by eating or lifting heavy?

Sorry,I'm just getting back,my children and their schedules took over.

Sure, I'd be able to help. Keep in mind, though, that I have never competed. I don't know all the nitty-gritty things to do to get in competition shape. But I'll help you as much as I can.

When I bulk I do both - eat more and lift heavy. I up my carbs slightly. I try not to go over 5# from my summer weight, that way it's not all that hard to cut back down. So in the summer when I'm at my best I weight around 125# with 15% body fat and in the winter I weigh about 132# and 18-19% body fat.

Debbie,
Where do I start? I only have Cathe workouts and a limited amount of weights?Would doing this rotation get me started? What Is the most important thing I need to do starting to day?
I can tell you that I have quite some weight to take off.I'm 5ft4 and 133.I have been doing Cathe's 4 day splits since January consistently.I did not change my eating habits until recently.I would lift as heavy as I could but Cathe always seems to lift 5 pounds heavier.I toned up a lot but still have fat covering those muscles.OK,I started this rotation on Thursday.Where do I go from here?How did you start by the way?
Veronika

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.