Get Ready For Summer 2012/Coach Sean Rotation

JanieJoey suggested that I make up a new rotation in honor of Coach Sean O'Malley. I thought it was a great idea so I decided to mix it up with my Get Ready for Summer 2012 Rotation.

If you don't have any Cardio Coach workouts, I have included a Cathe cardio that can be done instead. I've included the new low impact workouts as well as some oldie but goodies!

This is a tough rotation so I have planned a yoga workout and rest day back to back. Please try and do it this way. You will need about two days of down time to recover. Even though Yoga Max isn't easy, it at least gives your body the chance to stretch and recover.

Enjoy!

WEEK 1
Day 1: Afterburn
Day 2: Cardio Coach #4 or Low Max
Day 3: High Reps
Day 4: Slide & Glide
Day 5: Cardio Coach #3/Step Blast
Day 6: Yoga Max or any yoga/stretch of choice
Day 7: Rest

WEEK 2
Day 1: Athletic Training
Day 2: Cardio Coach Press Play or Rhythmic Step
Day 3: Total Body Trisets - Total Body Express premix or Total Body Scrambled Express Premix
Day 4: High Step Challenge
Day 5: Cardio Coach #2 or Kick, Punch & Crunch
Day 6: Yoga Relax

WEEK 3
Day 1: Cardio Superset Circuit
Day 2: Cardio Coach #7 or Imax 2
Day 3: Muscle Max
Day 4: High Step Training
Day 5: Cardio Coach #1 or Step portion of Step, Jump & Pump
Day 6: Yoga Max

WEEK 4
Day 1: Drill Max
Day 2: Cardio Coach #8 or Intensity
Day 3: Power Hour
Day 4: Low Impact Circuit
Day 5: Cardio Coach #4 or Step part of Body Max 2
Day 6: Yoga Relax

This is the generic breakdown:
Day 1: Circuit workout
Day 2: Cardio workout
Day 3: Total Body workout
Day 4: Circuit workout
Day 5: Cardio workout
Day 6: Yoga/Stretch workout

If you don't have a certain workout, replace it with something similar. I know I always get questions about what to use instead of this workout, etc., just look at the generic breakdown above and find another workout similar to the one listed. It's not that I don't want to help, it's that I just don't have much time to help anymore.

Hope you enjoy this! I don't have any of the new workouts and now I really want to get them. :)

Have fun!!!

RIP Sean. This one is for you!

Last edited:
Deb,

This is absolutely perfect! I love that it is a tough month of workouts and that you made it so easy for all of us to join in with all the substitutions you put in. Wow! You truly can't get any better than this.

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to do this for us and in memory of of our beloved Sean. RIP.

Janie

Last edited:
If I was not starting STS in May, I would totally get on this! What a great rotation Debbie!

Perhaps this can be my "Get Ready For Fall" rotation :D

Thanks for this!

Natasha

**question, if I download CC workouts, do I need a piece of cardio equipment for it?**

Last edited:
If I was not starting STS in May, I would totally get on this! What a great rotation Debbie!

Perhaps this can be my "Get Ready For Fall" rotation :D

Thanks for this!

Natasha

**question, if I download CC workouts, do I need a piece of cardio equipment for it?**

Hi Natsha, you can do CC workouts, on a threadmill, bikes, stair stepper, cross trainer, rower, outdoor jogging any cardio activity really! I don't have any cardio equitments, I ran outside:D Hope this helps!

Last edited:
What a great rotation! I'm going to be doing this one for sure when I get back from the Chicago RT. Thanks Debbie!

Debbie,
I'm on week two of your rotation and having fun. Just a quick question. Week 2, Wednesday is Total body Trisets. Do you mean both the upper and lower body workouts or just one of them?
Thanks,
Michelle

Debbie,
I'm on week two of your rotation and having fun. Just a quick question. Week 2, Wednesday is Total body Trisets. Do you mean both the upper and lower body workouts or just one of them?
Thanks,
Michelle

Yes both. I hope it's not over an hour. I didn't realize it was broken up into two different workouts? If it is, try doing one of the premixes that includes both upper and lower.

ETA: Ok, I changed the rotation to show doing a premix of Total Body Trisets instead of the entire workout. I didn't realize it was broken down with upper and lower body. Doing the entire thing is way too long of a workout. Do either of the Total Body Express workouts.

Last edited:
Hi Debbie,
Thanks for the response, but I did the total body premix (86 minutes) anyway. It's such a great workout, it doesn't seem that long. ;)
Michelle

This is the generic breakdown:
Day 1: Circuit workout
Day 2: Cardio workout
Day 3: Total Body workout
Day 4: Circuit workout
Day 5: Cardio workout
Day 6: Yoga/Stretch workout

If you don't have a certain workout, replace it with something similar. I know I always get questions about what to use instead of this workout, etc., just look at the generic breakdown above and find another workout similar to the one listed. It's not that I don't want to help, it's that I just don't have much time to help anymore.

Hope you enjoy this! I don't have any of the new workouts and now I really want to get them. :)

Have fun!!!

RIP Sean. This one is for you![/QUOTE]

I must have been thinking the same as you. I started a rotation a couple weeks ago:

M - circuit,
T - CardioCoach
W - total Body
Th - Spinning
Fr - Circuit
Sat - CardioCoach
Sun - whatever I feel like

So when I seen what you posted I was chuckling to myself. Thinking this is what I am doing now. I hope it works to get rid of some extra fat/weight I have. Thanks FitnessFreak for confirming that the rotation I came up with is a good one.

Rhonda

Cardio Coach workouts

I feel sad that I didn't know about Coach Sean until now. I have read so many great things about him and his workouts and now this great looking rotation has really gotten me wanting to try his workouts.

Can anyone offer me any guidance in what workouts to get first? Or is like asking what Cathe workouts to get - the answer, of course, being ALL of them!:D

thanks for your help,

sarah

This looks great. I've done your previous get ready for summer rotations & loved them. I will start on this when I finish the Transformation rotation.

Love this... Will print & use. Listening/doing to cardio coach now is even more special... He truly was a gifted person... Thank u for creating this rotation!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.