For friends, new & old...

>Emily, the patent is not boring at all -- very cool, and the
>picture even better. I went to look it up before scrolling
>all the way through this thread and couldn't get the patent
>database to display any figures (missing a plug-in on my end,
>I think). I was picturing equipment not that big, even
>though I had figured out it was for mining. Do you do
>welding?

Awww, thanks. *blush* It's not the actual machine that I have a patent for - just some parts that go on the bucket. I have never welded a thing in my life. So it's a good thing I'm not responsible for installing any of these shrouds. ;) However, I have operated one of those underground loaders. :)

Hmmmm...I've avoided this thread all day (read it many times, but haven't replied) because I can't think of ANYTHING interesting about me. Here goes....

1.) I'm #5 out of 7 kids. My parents had five girls in a row and then two boys. And we're not Catholic or Mormon. ;)
2.) I have NO---that's right--NO cousins. Three Uncles and an Aunt, but NO cousins.
3.) I have recently come to the realization that I am much happier living alone with my two cats than I thought I would be. Maybe I don't want to get married and have a brood of kids like I thought I did....?

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

<I was the "Voice of Hersheypark" who made all the announcements.>
I can hear Robin over the PA..."It's 5:00 somewhere!" LOL!

>3) I am married with two sons (9 and 6) and we have 15 chickens, two turkey chicks, 12 eggs hatching, and 1 occasional peacock.
>
>-Beth
>

Beth - how, exactly, does one have an "occasional peacock"? Is it like an occasional table?:p

>Emily, the patent is not boring at all -- very cool, and the
>picture even better.

I agree! Thanks for explaining it. We're all experts on something, even if other people have limited knowledge of our areas of expertise. Can you believe that some people think it's weird that when I'm working out I know what Cathe's going to say before she says it? (Hehe, I'm sure I'm not the only one....):p

This is too interesting!

Let's see...

1. Growing up, we moved every 3 years, like clockwork, and NOT due to military service...my father is a minister.

2. I met my DH while both of us were Active Duty Navy, not allowed to date, but we still did secretly for 3 years. During that time, the only person that knew we were dating besides our families, was my roommate, who had introduced us.

3. I am the proud mommy to 4 cats, Jellibean, Ambush, Baby, and the newest member....Peanut (came to live with us last October as a #2 stray that was found in a dumpster).

1. I lived in Italy for almost 20 years.
2. I have 4 cats. Three of them can be seen at one of my favorite web sites, infinitecat.com #1014, #1260 and #1564.
3. I spend half my day trying to come up with an excuse to not work out yet still manage to work out most days.

Gabrielle

1) I was raised in the country and had a lot of different animals growing up(horses, goats, sheep, rabbits, chickens, ducks, dogs, cats, hamsters and 1 guinea pig)
2) DH and I will celebrate 25 years of marriage this month. We started dating when I was 17 and he was still 16.
3) I am amazed at the diversity of this group. So many interests and so many talents. (especially Emily in her male dominated world, you go girl!)

Jean

love this! and evily's photo!

1 I work at home (for which I give thanks every time I visit an office!)
2 I have one DD, 7, who's the best thing since sliced bread!
3 I bitch and moan from time to time but I'm very happy with my life and really grateful for all I've got.

1. Grew up in Santa Barbara, CA and have lived in CA all my life (half a century to date). Migrated a bit north to the San Jose Area after college.

2. 2 sons and 1 daughter, 22, 21 & 18. Also have one grandson who is 8 months old and I am so happy to have another "little one" in my life. I do have a gazillion nieces and nephews as DH is the oldest of 6 and all but 2 have a few kids each.

3. Met my DH (my 2nd go round) playing roller hockey and our "fun" times are going to the Sharks games. We still luv 'em even though we are done for the seasonx( .

Love all the interesting "things". And Shelley, I think there are many interesting things about you from my days here on this board - especially the way you always make my ROFLMAO:p

Evily - DH does underground construction - will have to ask him if they use your patented bucket saver on their buckets.

1. I've visted Romania three times (to visit my sister and four nephews and I hope to go back and meet my nephew and neice that my sister is in the process of adopting...so yes...she will end up with 6 kids total!) and I am known as Aunt Gigi to my nephews in Romania.
2. I would one day love to be a mom or foster parent, keeping babies safe in emergency situations.
3. I'm fiercly loyal and I hate injustice.
Angela
Emily, I think it's VERY cool that you have a US Patent!

Hey Shelle!!!

I'll help you out:

1. She is THE funniest person!
2. She does a wicked PIKE on the red, Target ball
3. She has an adorable, talented daughter
4. HAD to add this one...she talks even more then ME on these forums! Ha!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

I'm also very impressed with the diversity and interesting responses. I can't even imagine knowing how to build a bucket or any of it's pieces.

1. I married my high school sweetheart and we celebrate our 31st anniversary next month.

2. We have one wonderful son (29), a dear DNL (26) and 2 beautiful granddaughters (11) (15 months).

3. I also have my green belt in Tae Kwon Do but stopped many years ago. Still love to watch it though and dream of returning one day after I retire.

I read these and think: WOW, so many things sound like *ME*! LOL!

1. I have 3 boys, all born in the month of September (1st, 2nd and 14th), (I'm very fertile and frisky in the month of December/January!!)

2. I've been an RN on a busy oncology unit for 21 years...and still love it! (and feel like I'm a new nurse every time i go into work).

3. I was born and raised in Massachusetts, and live one town over from where I grew up. I'm a wicked homebody, and will never move (willingly).

1) I USED to be the BIGGEST yapper here til life got in the way!

2) Married to Dave for 36 years this July and he asked me to DANCE our first meeting!

3) I am blessed with two great kids (a son & a daughter) and three GK's! We have all lived in Ohio our entire lives!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

RE: Hey Shelle!!!

>I'll help you out:
>
>1. She is THE funniest person!
>2. She does a wicked PIKE on the red, Target ball
>3. She has an adorable, talented daughter
>4. HAD to add this one...she talks even more then ME on these
>forums! Ha!

I couldn't agree more, Debbie!!! :D Shelley has loads of interesting things she could share with us. Those are just the tip of the iceberg. I've got some more:

5. She's an incredible friend
6. Her PMS is legendary ;)
7. She's an awesome gardener
8. She has the silliest dogs ever :D

RE: Hey Shelle!!!

>I'll help you out:
>
>1. She is THE funniest person!
>2. She does a wicked PIKE on the red, Target ball
>3. She has an adorable, talented daughter
>4. HAD to add this one...she talks even more then ME on these
>forums! Ha!
>

Deb - extra big hug for you in July:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.