Fitnessfreak's January 2009 Rotation

Sorry Debbie, I don't think I explained my question correctly. What I mean is say on a weight-lifting day, would it be too much cardio if I also took a cardio class at the gym? They offer kickboxing, dance classes, etc. I would still be following the weight-lifting routine as written, but would it be too much cardio if I added in a 60 minute class on the same day as weight-lifting?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, definitely it would be too much. Maybe take your cardio classes on the cardio days instead of doing the cardio I have down.

Debbie; Good lookin' out!!

The rotation looks good. I loved the December rotation, but was unable to complete the last few weeks due to a horrible flu bug I had. I was too weak for weights so I just did light cardio. This is just what I need to get back on the track. I can't wait to get started. I plan to keep the Dec rotation on file; I really liked that rotation. Oh, is it okay to do 15-30 min of light cardio on the weight days? I'm a meso.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post the Pure Strenth layout. I just bought the Gym Style series with my 20% off coupon a couple weeks ago after reading your December rotation, but I do not have the Pure Strength series.

I would love to follow your rotation to kick off January and get me ready for STS!

Annie

Debbie,
Thank you for taking the time to explain the exercises in great detail for those of us who do not have the DVD. I had the 20% off coupon to buyanother DVD of Cathe's and forgot to use it. I think I would like to buy it anyway and you said we have a week before we need it. thanks.

Veronika

Ouch. This looks tough! :cool:

I've added it to the list of FitnessFreak's rotations on my blog links page: http://fitnessfiglinks.blogspot.com/

Thanks, Freaky one!

Thanks Lainie! That is so cool of you!

Debbie; Good lookin' out!!

The rotation looks good. I loved the December rotation, but was unable to complete the last few weeks due to a horrible flu bug I had. I was too weak for weights so I just did light cardio. This is just what I need to get back on the track. I can't wait to get started. I plan to keep the Dec rotation on file; I really liked that rotation. Oh, is it okay to do 15-30 min of light cardio on the weight days? I'm a meso.

Do you have a lot of weight to lose? If so, yes, go ahead. However, if you are at goal or close to goal, just do the rotation as is.

Hi Debbie! This rotation looks like the change I am pretty sure I need in addition to cleaning up my diet. I feel like, and am convinced I resemble, the Stay-puft Marshmallow Man from ghostubusters. ;) I have at least 20#s to lose. What do you suggest I, an ecto-endo or skinny fat person, do with cardio? :confused: TIA!!

Hi Debbie! This rotation looks like the change I am pretty sure I need in addition to cleaning up my diet. I feel like, and am convinced I resemble, the Stay-puft Marshmallow Man from ghostubusters. ;) I have at least 20#s to lose. What do you suggest I, an ecto-endo or skinny fat person, do with cardio? :confused: TIA!!

Follow the rotation as is and see how you do. If you clean up your eating, I guarantee you WILL see results.

would it be too much of a pain for you to post what weight cathe uses with the pure strength series for each exercise? i so appreciate you typing out each exercsie as i do not have that series, but i do not know what weight to use. in all my cathe weight workouts i match or go heavier than cathe, so her weight selection is a great guide for me. thank you so much in advance, debbie!

You can download worksheets of all Cathe's workouts here: http://figtools.blogspot.com/ Scroll down to the Weight Worksheets section and you'll see some for Cathe's workouts. You can find her Pure Strength workouts on the Cathe Weight Worksheets.xls.

Lainie, how did you know the weights Cathe uses??? I did the back/bicep one this morning and she never said once what weights they were using. Just wondering.

Dunno--I'm not the one who put those together. I only added the 4DS workouts (where she does tell you). Someone else did the earlier ones. I just make them available on the website. Sorry!

Dunno--I'm not the one who put those together. I only added the 4DS workouts (where she does tell you). Someone else did the earlier ones. I just make them available on the website. Sorry!

Nothing to be sorry about. I was just wondering. I think the stuff you put on your website is awesome so thank you for doing that for us! :)

I updated Week 3 to only doing the UP ONLY part of the Pyramid Upper Body work the second time through. I think doing this twice through would be overkill.

Hey Debbie I have a question.. I don't have the pyramid workouts. What would you suggest I sub for them in week 3? I have lots of other weight workouts except 4 day split and slow and heavy. I have the gym styles though along with muscle endurance, power hour, and MIS. Thanks~!

Hey Debbie I have a question.. I don't have the pyramid workouts. What would you suggest I sub for them in week 3? I have lots of other weight workouts except 4 day split and slow and heavy. I have the gym styles though along with muscle endurance, power hour, and MIS. Thanks~!

What workouts did you use for week 1??

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.