Fitness goals for 2013

atompki1

Cathlete
Anyone setting any fitness goals for 2013? I would like to have legs like Jai!! I'll be working on that :D

I'm going to work on my hamstrings, rotator cuff and posture muscles. Cut dairy out of my diet so that I can be strictly vegan.
I would love to have Jai's legs from TTM and CRF but I have no idea how to make that happen. Maybe a rock bottoms rotation. It'd be nice if the cast could share their fitness secrets.

I'm going to work on my hamstrings, rotator cuff and posture muscles. Cut dairy out of my diet so that I can be strictly vegan.
I would love to have Jai's legs from TTM and CRF but I have no idea how to make that happen. Maybe a rock bottoms rotation. It'd be nice if the cast could share their fitness secrets.

I'm pushing for the Vegan too!! Nice to know I'm not alone:)

I'm really bad at making and sticking with long term goals. I really just want to fit into my pants. I, hopefully, will be getting a job soon. I haven't worked in years, so fitting in clothes
I already have would be great, since I can't afford new. Along those same lines, just being consistent with exercise job or no job, is the long term goal.
Nutritionally, I'm exploring vegetarian and vegan recipes, and the balance of carbs/protein/healthy fats effects on my body.
I've never needed to restrict carbs before. Either my bf is so high it doesn't matter, or
I'm super active so I'm using the carbs for energy. If my weightloss goes well. I'll be
exploring how much carbs I need to cut, or not.

I have found yoga to help the most with posture. It doesn't take much, just 15-20 min. 2x/week of the exercises focused on abs or the back.

Increase lean muscle mass, increase flexibility, add more walking miles, get out my comfort zone and try some entirely different workouts. Bring on 2013 baby :cool:.

Natasha

Great thread! It's nice to read everyone's goals for 2013.

This is something I have not thought about, actually. My goal would probably be to add more muscle mass and to continue to slim down my lower body. This is the bane of my existence. Maybe accepting my lower body would be a better goal for 2013.:)

My goals for 2013 are to complete the 90 day Xtrain rotation, then do the 3 month STS rotation. ( I bought STS as a thanksgiving day deal in 2011 and haven't opened it!) Hopefully after finishing these two rotations I'll be able to do more push ups and have definition in my arms. :) Looking forward to the torture.. Oops I mean workouts. 

Love this thread - thanks for starting it. Mine will be performance based, but to get there I also need to add more yoga/stretching, and get back to the clean eats consistently. 2012 was a tough year for me, so I'm aiming to get my focus back. When the eats and increased flexability are in order, my specific goals are:

10 unassisted pull ups - likely narrow grip
5 unassisted pull ups, wide grip
200# squat
275# deadlift

I'm hoping putting them out there will keep my accountable and on track. Happy and fit almost New Year all.

With everything that went on this year with the divorce/separation, my husband abandoning us financially (he's providing again), selling our house, moving, car crash in October, etc.. , I've neglected my body & soul big-time. I've lost weight the wrong way and lots of muscle tone. Soooooo......

I'm going to get back with Cathe & Shaun T. I might even go for the Insanity Challenge! I'll order Cross-train when I feel I've earned it. Also going to hit the gym as well.

In addition to re-committing to my workouts, I'm going to reward myself with a massage or mani-pedi every couple of weeks.

Back onto a nutrition program including supplements & vitamins & gonna give Shakeology a try again.

Finally, I"m going to spend time for a Daily Devotional with God. I've neglected myself spiritually as well. It doesn't have to be a huge time committment, and one of my dearest friends bought me a Devotional for Christmas.

This year, I had to focus on survival and conserve my energy.

Good-bye 2012 aka The Hunger Games Year and HELLO 2013!!!

Finally, I"m going to spend time for a Daily Devotional with God. I've neglected myself spiritually as well. It doesn't have to be a huge time committment, and one of my dearest friends bought me a Devotional for Christmas.

I have been reading your posts this year and following your troubles. I pray that this is a better year for you. I also like this in your post. I am a huge proponent of exercise. I know it is crucial in anyone's life, but what does it profit us if we do it to the neglect of our soul?

As times get tougher (and they are) we need that relationship with God to sustain us. He is real, the most powerful being, loving and available to those who seek Him with their whole heart.

This is my goal this year: To put God first, commune with the Lover of my soul as often as possible: love Him most as well as lose that last 10 pounds:rolleyes:!

No real changes with fitness - just stay on track with what I have been doing. My big goal for 2013 is to try and go completely vegan.

I have been reading your posts this year and following your troubles. I pray that this is a better year for you. I also like this in your post. I am a huge proponent of exercise. I know it is crucial in anyone's life, but what does it profit us if we do it to the neglect of our soul?

As times get tougher (and they are) we need that relationship with God to sustain us. He is real, the most powerful being, loving and available to those who seek Him with their whole heart.

This is my goal this year: To put God first, commune with the Lover of my soul as often as possible: love Him most as well as lose that last 10 pounds:rolleyes:!

Wow Tracy! Beautifully stated! ITA!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.