Exerciers with physical health challenges new check in

Here is a link to the lab that does the testing and where I get the supplements.

http://www.arltma.com

You have to submit your test through a practitioner. If you don't know of one, my acupuncturist does phone consults, or here is a list of practitioners to browse through. He is on this list for Oregon, Ron Hubbs.
http://drlwilson.com/do hair analysis.htm#USA

I found protocols for high and low estrogen symptoms, which one is you? I'm guessing low?

TCM: Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Hey, you have an up and coming resident in your family! He must be an excellent source for you. :)
My spouse took wellbutrin for 9 months to quit smoking. It helped him quit and he lost 15 pounds. There were minor side effects, though. It is an atypical anti-depressant however and the side effects are no less (for most people anyway) than an ssri or snri, which are more useful for moderate to even severe depression disorder. Obviously, everyone is different and if your son thinks wellbutrin may be better for you, then it sounds like an idea. Nearly every doctor you see though, will highly likely want you to try an ssri (Prozac, Paxil, Luvox) or moderate dose snri (like Effexor) first though and if you do not like it and you have no circulatory issues, something like wellbutrin could be prescribed. They just have a better record in treating depression. I've seen Effexor be very, very effective in treating depression where there are panic attacks involved.
Just some options to talk about with your son and your doctor. I don't have your file and I have minimal clinical training in psychiatry, so just giving you the knowledge I have about these things. I hope you don't feel I am pushing anything.

Oh, & never mix St.Johns Wort with ANY of these.

Had a very draining day, so just a airy and easy flow yoga routine for me tonight.

Cendrine, congrats to you on your all your sts hard efforts!! I am sure your strength gains will all be worth it. :)

Today was low impact challenge. I have been doing the treadmill for so long, it is quite an adjustment for me todo step, but am loving it as I always do when I get back to Cathe.

Katie, you sure know a lot about these drugs! Impressive. I have had a dad and two brothers and a sister on various drugs for anxieties and depression and it has kind of scared me into doing everything I can not to ever go on any. Of course, my one brother, being a psychologist, decided he could go on and off any time he felt like it and paid for it...

Anyway, I know it helped them to varying degrees, so I'm glad for that. I just didn't like seeing the side effects.

Have a nice weekend, everyone.

Today, I did a barre-pilates like workout from Gaiam TV again and I really, really liked this one. Very therapeutic. It focused on arms, chest as well as shoulder rehab. Then completed my own therapy exercises like low trap lifts with light weight and rhomboid row pulls with light and then medium resistance bands. Then some deep restorative yoga poses focusing on back and shoulders again. I tried Cathe Xrain scarecrow challenge today and got nowhere with it! lol. I'll try it again. That part of my body is not in great shape at all right now and has not been for some time, so I will not rehab it overnight. Jai uses 5 lbs and I was using 3.25, so that felt terrible.

We have Thanksgiving up here this long weekend. Yay! Doing a day trip on Sunday if the weather is agreeable. Taking the ferry and then renting some bicyles for a day of riding and hopefully some nice grub and scenery. Really wanting to visit a cheese farm if they're open.

Take care ladies! Hope your weekend is a good one. :D

Yesterday I did STS 15 back and biceps. I dropped my wts for biceps so my golfer's elbow didn't flare up, I also worked on my plank challenge. I am working on a 5 minute plank challenge, to do this I put my elbows on my mat and my feet in the hammock so it is at a 45 degree incline. Yesterday I was able to get to 2 1/2 min, today I did 3 min. I did not anticipate it being quite that difficult since my core is pretty strong. Today I did low max. Tomorrow I am going to a 4 1/2 hour yoga workshop on alignment.
Elsie, have you tried doing the 100 rep challenge scarecrows with no weight at all? I would think doing it this way would help strengthen the muscles in the rotator cuff. I only use 3 pounds for scarecrows, I thought that was what Jai was using as well. I think 5 pounds would be very stressful on my rotator cuffs.
Thanks for all the info on my menopause issues, I am going to check out the herbal/natural treatments before I resort to any pharmaceutical ones. I know an SSRI would be more helpful with the depression but I know too many people who have had a very hard time with the side effects, and then once they wanted to go off of them even more issues. I am hoping that once I can get on some hormone therapy a lot of these issues will go away.
Have a good weekend.

I really hope it works out better for you, too, Katie. Please keep me informed. You are being proactive with self care and that is usually one of the first good things you can do for yourself. If you have a good doctor, coming off of an anti-depressant shouldn't be so bad. Of course, everyone has a different reaction don't they.
I am working on a 5 minute plank challenge, to do this I put my elbows on my mat and my feet in the hammock so it is at a 45 degree incline. Yesterday I was able to get to 2 1/2 min, today I did 3 min.

WOW !!!!! :)

I'm hoping to get in some working out later tonight when I have some time for myself. Will check-in a bit later.

So, my workouts for the past couple of days has been cycling. A lot. My calves are sore & loving it, although not sure if I can go out today again as I seem to have hurt my darn back.
Been cooking & eating a lot as well! :)

Hope everyone's weekend has been great.

I did sts disc 3 again today.
We had kids over to celebrate ds' 12th birthday this weekend. He had a good time. He wanted donuts instead of cake...

I did low max on saturday and went to a yoga workshop sunday. My legs and body are screaming for a day off, lol. Today I plan on cleaning my house, I will probably take my dog for her daily walk later in the day. She is a small dog so we only walk for about 30 minutes. Yesterday I was able to do a 4 min plank, it is amazing how much harder it is to do on an incline. This week will be yoga and week 2 of mesocycle 2.
Elsie, I hope your back feels better soon, cycling is hard on my back as well.
Cendrine, I would prefer donuts over cake for my birthday especially if the donuts had icing!!

How was the yoga workshop Katie?

Just finished up some speed reverse lunges & diagonal lunges pre-walk. so, headed on my walk now!! : ) Weather is getting much cooler now.
Hoping to get in a workout also later today if I am not too tired.
updated to add - got in a Suzanne Bowen Upper body and added some Linda Woolridge biceps. My first time with Suzanne B and I really like her and her workouts. They are tough and can be used rehabilitatively for the shoulders. Might have to look at getting more of her.

Last edited:
Wed: did a youtube Dance Flow. It was nice and helped my rear delts to loosen and recover.
Today/Thurs: going to Pilates w Props class after my dental appointment. I may have a cavity so I am nervous. I have not had a filling in 18 years.

I had to take Tuesday and Wednesday off workouts. Then Thursday I did low impact hiit 1 and would you believe I have DOMS from that! Today was sts legs week two.
Our homeschool group is going bowling today, so we gotta get going.
Enjoy your weekend! Lots of weeding in my weekend future....

Tues I did a yoga class, wed I did STS 16, today was STS 17 legs, and no equip abs., I took mon and wed off this week. I will do STS 18 tomorrow and take off sunday.
The yoga workshop I took was very good. The actual class was about 2 1/2 hours, the last hour was to talk about alignment and how to properly teach it. We warmed up and worked ourself up to the peak pose which was wheel. She had some very creative ways to teach this by utilizing a chair. I have never liked wheel pose, with the chair for support I was able to get into the pose correctly and wow did that feel amazing.
Have a great weekend.

Have fun in the garden Cendrine! ;)
Congrats on your sts work both of you!
Katie, I LOVE backbends as well & find I get more out of them from a very gradual approach. Your workshop sounds like something I would enjoy. I like yoga workshops in general just cause I always find I get my money's worth with those; I don't always with a class. I live near Vancouver where yoga is super corporate and super expensive.
Today was an unexpected rest day cause I was kept up all last night again by noise. I say rest day, but I didn't feel rested at all. Going to look at some new places to live over the next few days, so hoping to fit in some workouts around that. Might even get to a pilates class if I'm lucky!
Everyone have a nice weekend! :)

I did LIS-LIC today and RWH abs 2. My golfer's elbow is bothering me again so I am going to stop STS for now.
It was extremely cold here over the weekend, I had to move all my plants into our garage for two days due to the freeze warnings. I put them back outside today since it is supposed to warm up tomorrow. I am certainly not looking forward to the winter.
I hope you both had a nice weekend.

Been so busy over the past 4-5 days, just haven't had much time or energy for my workouts - have been getting some brisk walks in and it helps with stress. Rest of the week looks about the same for now, so will be checking in when I get back to it or when I can sneak something in!
Katie, the weather has been just so weird and unpredictable right?!

Take care ladies. :)

Good luck with the search for new living quarters! Sorry about the noise! I'm a very light sleeper and was on the warpath with earplugs for years because they just didn't fit or fall out or hurt. I have finally found something and my sleep has been much less interrupted since. Dh happens to be quite the elephant and night owl.... So now we're both happy, lol!

I did low impact hiit 2 on Monday and skipped today because I'm feeling run down, so rest here for me too.

Sorry about your elbow, Katie!

Today was my weekly yoga class which I really enjoy!
I too wear earplugs nightly due to DH snoring. I found the children's orange wax ones(usually for swimming) are the best for me. They don't fall out and I can push them in deeper if the snoring is esp loud.

Good on you for listening to your body and mind and taking that rest Cendrine!

Thanks for all the tips on noise reduction too you two. :) I'm afraid though that this noise is beyond that and we just have to move unfortunately. We keep fans going on night, invested in noise reduction drapes and wear earplugs finding the ones that are supposed to be the 'strongest'. Many people have already moved out of here and I suppose we are next. So costly though! But my health has greatly waned (particularly brain health from 3 years of this), so I have to. There is also vibration of the home, so it is more than just noise and our city apparantly just cares about money from the developer rather than people's health. We have had it here.

Anyway, today tried to do a classical ballet workout to blasting Vivaldi & got through a bit of it. It's great to relax the hips. Also did some stability ball work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.