"Diss" to Cathe: WTF?

It might not really be Cathe that turned this person off, but more the "over zealous" Cathe fan who can't stand it when anything less than positive is said about her (even if it is constructive criticism). Maybe they've just transferred the ill fellings to Cathe.

I agree, I've met her, she's very genuine. But some of her fans . . . completely OVER THE TOP (and that's okay with me, but it might be too much for someone else).

ITA with this!

I don't really see the point of trying to understand people who dislike Cathe. I know I love her, and I know I'm NOT alone. I'm guessing she's too hardcore for some people and that irritates them. Whatever it is, I don't agree with them and I know she's not hurting for fans.

Then again, it's easy for me to say this without having read mean comments about Cathe. Then I'd probably be hopping mad! I have read some other forums in the past and got annoyed at anything critical said about her. So I decided to not look at those forums. It just wasn't good for me so I removed myself from the situation. ;)

My sister, brother-in-law and I got to meet her this past summer and she is the coolest lady ever. I didn't know it was possible, but I ended up loving her even more. I hope all her fans get the chance to meet her some day.

Amy

Becky I can totally relate to your story. The first time I ever did a Cathe, I threw it out of dvd player, never to do it again. Then my best friend talked some sense into via email. If she lived closer she probably would have beat me over the head with a weight. I tried Cathe again and love her workouts! I would love to meet Cathe one day and workout.

When The State Newspaper wrote an article about homeworks and yours truly, I mentioned Cathe Friedrich as one of the 3 "F's"-The Firm, Fitprime and (Cathe) Friedrich). You can't get no better than that!

I do appreciate everyone who has graced my life with a workout dvd or vhs as well as several forums that I read or sometimes lurk. I could not have done it without my workouts and forum friends.

I think that if you truly want an answer to your question, you need to ask on that board. We are a bunch of Cathe fans on this board and I can't really understand why someone would call her arrogant ;).

Sometimes I find myself saying things to Cathe that I shouldn't :eek:

Hey I'm with you both on this one. I did IMAX 2 and 3 blasts only and I was pretty peeved, . . .in a good way. Maybe that is really what this is all about??? People confusing an advanced instructor for being arrogant because Cathe pushes the envelope and REALLY challenges people. Heck, . . that is why I think Cathe rocks! When I work out I want to burn.

I was pondering this topic during Imax 2 yesterday and I think the "disser" has got it all wrong. Cathe is challening, tough, and demanding of her audience, but that is what a good workout makes. If I wasn't pushed and challenged then I wouldn't see results.

As a newbie I too got frustrated with some of her footwork during step work, and the heavy weight work, but the key to a good workout DVD is being able to grow with it.

I'm sure Cathe's earlier DVD were easier and steadily she increased the challenges. She wouldn't be as successful as she is if she kept it all the same. That's why people have stayed with her over the years. She brings the goods.

hi guys. i am on a cell phone and it is hard for me to find the post where someone dissed her...my pc is broken...can someone direct me? i am surprised and upset to hear about this..TIA, Clarissa

I saw that comment about Cathe being arrogant quite a while ago on the collage forum. I actually think it was before they updated their forum site. Someone had asked for suggestions and Cathe was mentioned and someone replied that she felt she was arrogant. Actually the same person posted it on two different occasions. I have not seen that on VF at all.

Tough - YES!! Smart - YES! Fun - YES! Arrogant - NEVER! That's why I love her. She's only instructor that I immediately liked & never felt she was too cheesy, fake, "cheerleader-y" or boring. And she's backs it all up w/knowlege.

I, too, find myself staring at the tv in disbelief saying to her "You have GOT to be kidding me!"

But, hey, different strokes....I can't stand alotof instructors out there that many others may love.

Maybe she only tried Cathe once on a bad day. There's one workout that I stopped doing less than ten minutes into it 'cause I thought the instructor was condescending. It was a long time ago and I can't even remember who it was but sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have given her a second chance.
Having said that there have been plenty of times when I have questioned Cathe's sanity. Sometimes after a workout I'll say to DH "That was really hard, I hate when she makes me do so many push ups" And he'll say "Well then don't do them". He just doesn't get it. ;)

I like how Owl misspelled "condescending" as she was dissing Cathe. Makes me think "Consider the source" as I'm contemplating her comments.

A-Jock

Maybe she only tried Cathe once on a bad day. There's one workout that I stopped doing less than ten minutes into it 'cause I thought the instructor was condescending. It was a long time ago and I can't even remember who it was but sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have given her a second chance.
Having said that there have been plenty of times when I have questioned Cathe's sanity. Sometimes after a workout I'll say to DH "That was really hard, I hate when she makes me do so many push ups" And he'll say "Well then don't do them". He just doesn't get it. ;)
That's a good point--it could be that Owl tried to do a Cathe workout and couldn't keep up, so rather than admitting to herself that she just wasn't up to Cathe's level (on that day, or perhaps at all...), she turned it around in her mind and made Cathe the bad guy, as if Cathe was somehow rubbing it in Owl's nose that she didn't measure up. I have several of Cathe's workouts, and I can't think of one instance where she's arrogant or condescending--much the contrary. She always eminates warmth and a great sense of humor.

Objective folks please respond:

I know I "live" in "I Love Cathe Land", but how the heck can anyone 'diss' Cathe?????????? I went to another forum (to remain nameless) and some posters actually think that Cathe is a little arrogant in her DVDs!!! I just don't get it???!!!?? As if she is, "being arrogant about trying to lift/do/step/box (whatever) like she is? I always think that Cathe is just being real and doing what she does.

Please, don't just respond with, "Well, that's where they are at..."

or

"They just don't get it."

I really just want to understand. From everything I've read, Cathe is the most down-to-earth person (f2f) and she's just being real. I LOVE her, and I've never even met her. She really does seem like she's just being real. Is it just that these people can't do what she's doing so they feel intimiated??? I'm almost 7 months preggo and I still love her workouts!!!

Help me "be" where these people are. Again, non-biased responses appreciated. Thanks!

I can't be objective either, because I live with you -- in "I Love Cathe Land".

I'm sure Cathe has her faults like any human being, but whatever they are, arrogance isn't one of them!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.