Did everyone get home ok? Check-in!

Liann

Cathlete
I made it home at 1:50 p.m. Record time for leaving at 11 a.m.! Thank you Robin for the alternate directions! I hit one monster of a storm as you must have too and it was much easier to pull off and park on the side of 95 than it would have been on 76!!! Hope you didn't have any problems. That storm was crazy for a few minutes. Did everyone else make it out ok? Please check-in when you get home!!!

Last edited:
I've been worrying about you guys! I hope Emily and Catherine aren't still sitting in the airport! Thanks for checking in, Liann. I'm really glad you made it home so quickly.

Liann, I'm very curious about the alternate route you got from RObin that kept you OFF Rt 76????? I'm leaving TOMORROW (Monday), dropping off fellow T-12ers at the airport and will be getting on 76 to get home. I forget where you live, and thought MAYBE I could use that alternate route??? Would you mind PMing me and letting me know which direction you were headed? Please?

(glad some of you already reported safe travels). I promised my kids I'd be home by 2pm tomorrow.

Gayle

Liann, yeah, I hit that nasty storm too. Scary! I'm glad you got home OK. Same goes for the rest of you Trippers. I hope those of you with delays get home safe and sound too.

Nancy, I hope you had a swell time on vacation!

I'm still at the Philly airport. My 2:15 flight is delayed until about 5:30/6:00pm...at least that's the story right now. I missed my connecting flight out of Milwaukee but am booked on a later flight. Hopefully, I'll make that connection.

I hope others are having better luck than me!!

Thanks for the check-in thread, Liann!!

Lisa

I'm back home safe and sound. I made it back to NY in record time (under 2 hours). I left this morning and there was no traffic or bad weather; I took the NJ Turnpike the whole way. People were driving 90 mph on the turnpike, though! :eek: I just stayed in the right lane and watched them fly past me. That's one scary highway.

Now I'm off to soak in a hot tub :).

I think that bad weather and getting out of Philly airport is just part of the 'activities' of the Cathe RT weekend!

Last year, my 1330 flight didn't get out to Atlanta until after 9p. I spent a LOVELY afternoon in the airport with Kathy Shapiro, just chatting, knitting, and getting to know each other! I ended up having to spend the rest of the night (all of about 5 hrs) in a Fairfield Inn near Atlanta airport before getting to my ultimate destination of Chicago! It was either that or spend the night in the Philly airport and still have to make the connection in Atlanta to Chicago!

Kevin and I got home ok. We drove thru the storm, but made it. We had a great RT...it was nice meeting all of you. Maybe we will see each other next year!

Cathy

It was really great to meet everyone. This year felt more special than last with seeing familiar faces, it felt very welcoming. I cannot wait to see everyone next year(crossing fingers)!! Thanks for a great roadtrip coordinators and Cathe!!
Lisa

Lisa,

It was nice to meet you and thanks for the ride yesterday. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! I hope it's everything you want and more. Keep us posted.

Cathy

Thank you Cathy, I hope my marriage is as much fun as you have with your hubby-you are a great couple!! See you around the forums.
Lisa

Our trip was about three hours. We had to sit on the Lincoln Tunnel, but were fine otherwise. I know Pinky was flying back. Hope she is getting home at a reasonable time.

I FINALLY made it home at 11:30 last night. My original flight was delayed and put me missing my connection. Got booked on another luckily. This seems to be becoming a tradition.

Still had a great time!!!

I thought I'll have to sleep at the airport . We finally left at 11pm , got home at 2am. I am glad that I did not have to work today.I hope everyone else got home at a decent time.

I had a blast, it was great meeting everyone. I can't wait to do it again.

Suzette

Catherine, I ended up getting home before you. :eek: I got home about 8 last night but skipped out on the brunch because I didn't want to get home about 11 or 12. I hadn't planned on missing the brunch :( but hated the thought of being on the road that late. It was a great trip!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.