Determined to use cathe sts to win company transformation challenge

bchgrl40

Cathlete
My company always has a huge employee transformation challenge starting in January. Winner gets a trip to Vegas for the Olympia fitness contest. After several years of false starts I'm determined this time to win, and most importantly show that fitness videos , in particular cathe, are just as effective as gym workouts. I will be using STS and various cathe cardio workouts. Obviously diet plays huge part as well. My company is very well known in the fitness industry and I would LOVE to advertise for cathe by winning the contest. My goal is to lose 20 lbs. please please please help me put together a rotation and diet that will get me there!

Wow!! That would be fantastic!! I have been to gyms before and got 0 results! I did exercise videos in the early 90 s lost 70 pounds! Kept it off for a long time to. Then I gave up on exercising life made it hard to fine time honestly and I used to say there's no such thing til I was working full time school in evening national guard one weekend out of the month and taking care of my mom for two years who past away and kids, man I gained 30 pounds!! Then I started doing Cathe !! Lived her I started toning up but my weight was not going down like it used to in the 90's and it was diet I mean I was eating way to much now I listen to my body eat when hungry and do DVD (Cathe) at home and I lost 10 pounds!! Slow process but at 44 ill take it! I tried a gym again just to see and the workouts were NOT as good as Cathes I mean I sweated some but not much my breathing was barely fast or hard.. Then I guess I could use there weights well I did an was bored so I didn't stay long in the weight section. I figured why pay a gym membership when I have weights at home with Cathe showing me what to do and good music, I have her cardio with great music and if I want outside I go jog!!! So I NEVER do good at a gym! I wish I could tell everyone about Cathe, I even thought about renting a big room somewhere and gets a judge tv screen and do her rotations and invite everyone in our small town to come join me for hour or hour and a half of Cathe workouts!!! I'd love it, I always wanted to help others me the best they can be after I lost weight from a life of chunky !! But never knew how and this would be a fun thing!!!
I hope you do well I know u will!!!
I am routing for you!! I want that to be proven as well. I'd love it! Please come back and give updates!!!

I receive my sts videos now we'd so that's when I will officially start. Starting tomorrow I will do the cardio portion until then. Cutting all alcohol, eating mostly anti inflammatory foods, leaning towards paleo style, and plan on just 3 cheat meals in the 6 months (Xmas, valentines day and my bday). Any words of advice much needed!

Hi bchgrl40! Thanks for your kind words. When is your actual transformation challenge winner picked? How many months do you have to get in shape? What is your current lifting routine?

I think your idea of considering the Paleo diet and eating anti inflammatory foods too is a great idea. Diet is 50% of the "get fit" equation. Especially when you are looking for a total body transformation. If you have time to do STS in it's entirety I would do that and then repeat Meso Cycle 2 if you have time. I would also strongly suggest my Gym Style workouts (from the Hard Core series). These workouts also reflect how a lot of how body builders weight train. In fact if you have six months until your contest I would suggest:

3 Months STS (entire STS program)...
take a full week off
STS Meso Two (Only) again for one month...
Then take a week off
Hard Core Gym Style workouts for 6 weeks.

In addition to your STS/Hardcore Gym Style workouts, you can do cardio 4 to 5 times a week at 45 to 60 minute sessions, for the first two months.

You can do cardio 3 to 4 times per week at 45 min sessions for months three & four

You can do cardio 3 times a week for about 30 to 45 minutes a session for months five & six .

Your calories will alter every couple of months (I suggest you see a nutritionist to make sure your calorie intake supports you workout load or you will go backwards with your progress).

Good Luck and keep me posted.

My company always has a huge employee transformation challenge starting in January. Winner gets a trip to Vegas for the Olympia fitness contest. After several years of false starts I'm determined this time to win, and most importantly show that fitness videos , in particular cathe, are just as effective as gym workouts. I will be using STS and various cathe cardio workouts. Obviously diet plays huge part as well. My company is very well known in the fitness industry and I would LOVE to advertise for cathe by winning the contest. My goal is to lose 20 lbs. please please please help me put together a rotation and diet that will get me there!

The contest begins in January. You can sign up any time in that month and it lasts for 12 weeks from the time you signed up. I want to start now and sign up at the end if jan to give myself 2 extra months. While the contest is my main focus I want to use the next 6 months to get in the best shape of my life at age 45. I love your plan you wrote up! My husband was so impressed he said "go ahead and order the hardcore tapes right now"! I'm interested in the plan and how you slowly are decreasing the cardio time/frequency. I assume this is to maintain the hard earned muscle? I will come back periodically and give you updates on my results. Thank you so much!

Me again :)

Yes, you are correct, that is why I am decreasing the cardio. You also won't need that much cardio when that diet kicks in because you will lose a lot of weight and body fat through good clean/lean nutrition and heavy weight lifting. If you truly stay clean/lean you will see a HUGE change in your weight by 2.5 months in. But please definitely see a nutritionist that has experience with contest prep so that they get you the most nutrition and calories to support your program. So many peple cut down carbs too drastically and they hit the wall fast. Don't set yourself up for failure that way. Do everthing in sensible steps. I'm glad you have the extra two months too. At our wonderful age (40 somethings and over) losing too much weight too fast makes our skin hang.

Since you only have 5 months instead of six...lets do this instead....

STS Mesocycle One
The first three weeks only

>>>>then take a full week off (but you can do your cardio workouts)<<<<
Mesocycle Two
all four weeks

Mesocycle Three
all four weeks
Hard Core Gym Style workouts for 6 weeks.

In addition to your STS/Hardcore Gym Style workouts, you can do cardio 4 to 5 times a week at 45 to 60 minute sessions, for the first two months.

You can do cardio 3 to 4 times per week at 45 min sessions for months three & four

You can do cardio 3 times a week for about 30 to 40 minutes a session for month five

The contest begins in January. You can sign up any time in that month and it lasts for 12 weeks from the time you signed up. I want to start now and sign up at the end if jan to give myself 2 extra months. While the contest is my main focus I want to use the next 6 months to get in the best shape of my life at age 45. I love your plan you wrote up! My husband was so impressed he said "go ahead and order the hardcore tapes right now"! I'm interested in the plan and how you slowly are decreasing the cardio time/frequency. I assume this is to maintain the hard earned muscle? I will come back periodically and give you updates on my results. Thank you so much!

Determination

Hi Bchgrl40,

I like your thread. Thanks cathe replied with all information you need to reach your goal. I have no doubt you can achieve this transformation even working out from home.

I have lost weight, inches, body fat, cellulite---you name it!:D To cut long story short I have lost up to 99 pound. To give you an idea. I have managed to loose and keep it off for eight nine years. In fact every year I am getting smaller and smaller. I am getting leaner and toned up. It has been a transformation for me:):):). It's truly a happy journey.

You will get what you want in short time;). As you quoted above you are DETERMINED. You will make cathe proud.

Please keep us all posted as it will encourage all of us who want to build more muscles.

Kind Regards and I wish you the very best,

I am really interested in this thread. Beachgirl, good luck to you, I am curious how the winner is picked.

Can someone please explain what antiinflammatory foods are. And what exactly is it anti inflaming? Organs, body response...? I eat a lot of clean and raw foods and am curious if that is considered antiinflammatory.

Cathe, what type of cardio would you suggest for this rotation plan at 45-60 min? Steady state (spin, step like imax, step like body blast, boxing), metabolic weight training, back-to-back HiiT, tabata, etc? Or is a mix of any cardio OK?

Again beachgirl, good luck and we are all rooting for you.

determination

hi everyone,

I admire your determination and whish you good luck. Whatever happens, you're a winner!!! Whoever is a Catheathlete is a winner!!!!!

I have a question: I have the Xtrain, the new series, just ordered the Hardcore series and wondering about the STS. Do I need to buy it if I have all the others series? What is the difference between the Hardcore series and the STS?

Thanks

Dany:D

Done with day one! Sts disc 1 (chest, shoulders and biceps) and rhythmic step. Phew! I'd also like to hear from cathe on what types of cardio during each phase.

I am really interested in this thread. Beachgirl, good luck to you, I am curious how the winner is picked.

Can someone please explain what antiinflammatory foods are. And what exactly is it anti inflaming? Organs, body response...? I eat a lot of clean and raw foods and am curious if that is considered antiinflammatory.

Cathe, what type of cardio would you suggest for this rotation plan at 45-60 min? Steady state (spin, step like imax, step like body blast, boxing), metabolic weight training, back-to-back HiiT, tabata, etc? Or is a mix of any cardio OK?

Again beachgirl, good luck and we are all rooting for you.

Hi Gobias - anti-inflammatory foods are basically fruits and above-ground vegetables - the "alkalizing" foods. You can search on the internet for more information. There are degrees of acidifying and alkalizing foods; the bulk of our diet (80%) should be alkalizing foods for best health.

A lot of us have systemic inflammation that we're not aware of. Digestive issues, skin problems, high blood pressure, sore joints and a lot of other things can be symptoms of inflammation.

Stebby

Good for you; can't wait to hear about progress

Bchgrl40,

You are going to love STS and you will definitely see the results. I'm going to start 3 month STS oration in mid-December to keep me on track in the new year.

Cathe's videos and the wonderful Cathletes have kept me motivated and inspired. I was able to lower my cholesterol 70 points in six months through diet and Cathe's videos. The doctor actually had to check the file because she thought she'd prescribed medication at the time of my physical. She gave me a gold star for lowering it via lifestyle. You'll look great, but that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I'll be watching for updates.

update

quick update, I realized I had too many obligations this month with the holidays to fully commit 100% to Cathe's plan and I hate to not do it the justice it deserves. While my company transformation is just 3 months, my personal transformation challenge is committed to giving it as long as it takes to get to my goal so I don't mind the extra time. I will be starting officially Dec. 26 which takes me to June almost exactly which fits perfectly into my life. I will be signing up for my company challenge at the last possible date (Jan. 31) so I will finish that portion on April 25. I shouldn't have any potential big events in that time frame either other than Valentine's Day which I will allow a smallish cheat. Can't wait to get started!
Anyone have thoughts on metabolic workouts in this plan? Cathe did not mention what types of cardio to do although I will do HIITs for the final two months of 30 mins cardio.

quick update, I realized I had too many obligations this month with the holidays to fully commit 100% to Cathe's plan and I hate to not do it the justice it deserves. While my company transformation is just 3 months, my personal transformation challenge is committed to giving it as long as it takes to get to my goal so I don't mind the extra time. I will be starting officially Dec. 26 which takes me to June almost exactly which fits perfectly into my life. I will be signing up for my company challenge at the last possible date (Jan. 31) so I will finish that portion on April 25. I shouldn't have any potential big events in that time frame either other than Valentine's Day which I will allow a smallish cheat. Can't wait to get started!
Anyone have thoughts on metabolic workouts in this plan? Cathe did not mention what types of cardio to do although I will do HIITs for the final two months of 30 mins cardio.

Hello Bchgrl40,

Following Cathe's program contain Hiit premixes:

• INTENSITY
  • To the max
  • Cross fire
  • Hiit Bleu each segment last 30 minutes. I would definitely do these ones if I was in your shoes. ;-0
  • Tabatacise you can do few tabata or do the main 45 minutes program
  • IMAX 2 and 3 also contain premixes.
  • AOLI from low impact series contain premixes
  • Afterburn is a metabolic
  • Athletic training is a metabolic too

I have just named few of them. Hope this help.
So excited to hear about your journey.

All the very best,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.