Daytona Trippers

Did RK today! :)

I'm not the biggest fan of most cardio, but I do love some kickboxing. I did a premix...I'm a premix junkie, you'll soon discover :p...it was the one with the kickbox combos first, then the kickbox cardio & gloves section. (I used 1lb gloves for the combo portion also).

Angela- speaking of boxing, I'm totally digging hearing about the Cathe live workouts from you. :D ...I wonder if any of the live events will give you a taste of what she'll torture us with on the RT. Lol. I have a feeling we'll see some Ripped/HIIT moves from the new series - especially if it hadn't released yet..I'm scared! Haha.

And I totally know what you mean about not being active on here. I haven't been in the boards forever! Only one person that I know of is going (a friend who barely knows Cathe, that I conned into coming because she lives 20 min away! )
Glad I found you ladies ;)

Jody- I think CLB is an awesome workout too (in my super limited experience lol). So far 30 min (or whatever that premix was) was plenty for me...not sure how much hope there is for me being ready for multiple 1 hr classes at RT. Lol. Baby steps, I guess! :p

Today was XT bi and tri but I did a shorter version and left out a few of the final rounds, Core 2 and Tabatacise x first two segments for about 30 min of cardio.

Good job on workouts. Kiki, your friend will be cathelete by the end of the weekend. I do pm but usually the shorter than the workout ones not the longer than the workout ones, lol. Angela, most of the other live workouts looked high intensity, maybe she is just mixing it up? I'm not a boxer anyway.

I'm finally back from being out of town. I managed to get in 10,000 steps each day, I was very busy getting DS moved into his house. Glad to see some new person(s).....I think I remember KIKI joining, and did I see another Lisa?

Last edited:
Trying to get back to my w/o schedule, but pretty tired, so did a uber slow dog walk of 2.5 miles and 50 min on the pilates reformer. I think I'm going to have to dial back my Cathe w/o's as far as UB weight because I think the neck soreness I've had is from my body not being ready for the weight I've been using because it didn't hurt while I was just moving/packing/unpacking DS to his new house. I'm planning a hike tomorrow in the mountains so won't make it back tomorrow to checkin.

I agree it's nice to "meet" everyone before the RT, in fact I never would have gone on one had I not "known" Jody from our checkin group. Sometimes I need help breaking out of my shell but once I've broke out, whoopie! Fun, fun, fun.

Kiki, I don't do many premixes either...mostly I forget what is on them, heck I forget what's in teh main workouts sometimes, and I'm like, oh yeah, yippee I like this, or oh yeah, ugh, why did I pick this w/o :) I like your screen name :) I have a dog called Suki, but I call her Sukster :)

Angela, I gave my KB to my DS. I know I'll never swing a heavy KB again. I didn't do any stretching while I was away, and today I felt stiff! Of course I've never been a flexible one, but I'm really seeing a difference with pilates and some of the stretches my massage therapist I see for my neck massages....she is a wealth of knowledge and really has helped me in my recovery tremendously. I've never been one to do massages, but I think I'll be continuing monthly massages (right now I'm doing them every 3 weeks). She only does the areas that was affected by surgery, but we chat and I learn about other areas of my body.

Waves to Jody and Diana!

I did XT Legs. The rotation calls for pm 3 which includes all sections plus barre plus rear delts and was 80 min long- I shaved off about 25 minutes of the w/o but added hip thrust challenge and I think I came in at about an hour workout. I also went to beach and snorkeled for over an hour but that wasn't very strenuous but omg I love being active outside.Welcome back Lisa,does everyone else take a rest on Sun?

Hi ladies! I’m back from vacation and am struggling to get back to working out. I did run several times while on vacation, 4-6 miles. Today I did Day #22 of the Bodyrock 30 day challenge. This week I’ll be finishing up the last week of this challenge and then moving on to GS/Xtrain and running for cardio. I need to work on building up my running endurance before I have to start increasing the mileage for a couple HM’s I have scheduled for the fall.

Jody-wow, that’s a long premix for sure-great job.Snorkeling sounds like fun, I’ve never been.

Lisa-Glad the massages are helping. I’ve had a shoulder injury for several years and a massage therapist really helped a lot, I was surprised. So it sounds like your DS’s house is done now. Moving someone in and out counts as a workout too ya know!

Angela-are you doing an STS rotation? What’s with the 100 KB swings, is that just something you normally do or is it a challenge? I have several KB dvd’s from Art of Strength. I’m also interested in Amy Bento’s KB w/o’s although I do not have them. Can you recommend any KB dvd’s?

Kiki-I’m another premix junkie!I try many of them.I’ve also been to 2 RT’s, one in NJ and one in San Diego.Both times I was able to meet up with folks from one of my check-ins too.

Welcome back Diana! Did you try any T25s while you were gone? A run sounds easier to fit into a vacation to me.

I did XT AOLI and Core 1. I had trouble getting through core today, maybe b/c there is a lot of thigh and hip flexor involved and they were tired from yesterday's late afternoon XT Leg w/o? IDK. I've actually gained a few pounds since I signed up and committed to RT. blech.

Hey ladies! Drive-by check in! :D

I broke out Intensity today. Hadn't done that one in a while. It was the step only premix :p ...I am SO not a "stepper" LOL!!

I figure I better work them into the rotation now and again, since it always seems to make an appearance at RT. Just promise not to laugh when you see me go tumbling! Haha!

I chose to do cardio, even though I'm itchinggg to lift. Mainly because TOM is here and I get horrible migraines - so I didn't wanna risk it by straining too hard with upper body :(

Waaaah :'(

So...intensity may not have been the best choice overall lol. ;) With the cramps and lack of energy, I barely made it through

The hike yesterday was quite an event. SNOW, SNOW, SNOW, the end of june and we are hiking thru snow up to our thighs! My foot when down thru the snow once and OUCH, my shin rammed right into a big rock, my shin swelled up immediately, it's ok, now just 2 huge scuffs that look ugly and a bit swollen. We lost the trail because of all the snow and ended up climbing almost straight up a mountain side at one time (if it was winter I would say the area would have had an avalanche easily). Luckily we didn't get lost and as usual we had a good time.

Today I walked the dogs 2.5 miles and then did KCM weights both workouts. I was very mindful of what exercise and weight caused me to feel it in the back of the neck.

Kiki, I did the premix on KCM weights. I chose the premix with the ab section for the rests, sadly I didn't do many of them, I chose not to put my neck at risk for any pain and ab moves gets my SCM muscle in my neck. Still working on strengthening the toothpick of a neck that supports my Fabergé egg head :) lol I got that analogy from Big Bang Theory. I will now think of you as premix queen :) When I had TOM (I'm not in meno, but body quick making estrogen....go figure), I usually reached for an easy KB w/o.

Angela, today is massage day! It will be interesting to see how many sore areas she finds. And yes, a good massage therapist is worth their weight in gold!

Diana, My life is settled down now, sounds like yours may be too for a bit. Shall we plan to meet up soon? Whatever works best for you.

Jody, I think I may have gained a few pounds too :(

fly by checkin, 3 mile dog walk, 40 min of bar basics on pilatesanytime (actually had some w/o ADD (I started 2 other w/o's before the bar one).

Angela, have you read her books? They are long, and have been on my to be read list for ages (so many books so little time). Reading is one of my other passions! Too bad it doesn't burn calories! lol!

Hi Ladies,

Not sure if I mentioned that my company provides a crossfit class on T/Th at lunch. I'm opting out of my morning w/o to do the class at lunch. It's on site and we do it outside near one of the pavilions in the business park. We have a large set of stairs we can use and some hills for running.

My goal for this weekend is to write up a training schedule for the 2 HM's I have in the fall as well as another Tri in August. I do so much better if I have a plan to follow.

I was up 1.4# at my WW weigh in yesterday. I'm okay with that since I've been on vacation for a week and a half and hadn't tracked at all. I'm back to tracking and my normal eating so it should go back down in no time!

Kiki-I love stepping but haven't been able to fit much of it in with my tri-training. Intensity is tough without dealing with TOM...good job!!

Angela-glad you are enjoying STS. I may do another round of it in the fall after my races.

Lisa-Where do you go hiking at? Perhaps we could meet up this weekend. Afternoons are best for me.

Jody-what are you up to?

bbl

I walked dogs 2.75 miles, then did CTX UB (back and chest only)--I'm trying to do less UB work all at once and hopefully isolate the exercises that are causing my neck muscles to fatigue. Wow, I'm a FAR way from weights that I was (15 lb bb instead of a 25 lb bb as an example). Oh, then I did 30 min of an intermediate pilates reformer w/o.

Angela, there is NO way I'll get all those books read before the TV series :eek: Kudos to you, I really MUST get them read sometime. Reading relaxes me so much that when I read I fall asleep! So it takes me a long time to finish a book since I fall asleep so much :D In fact during my surgery recovery my muscles were in constant spasm (muscle relaxers didn't really help), so I rigged up a system especially while i was in a neck brace for 6 wks where I could read so as to relax my muscles so they didn't hurt as much. It's hard to explain via typing. What other hobbies do you have? I like to quilt too, I haven't done that in 2 yrs since it causes too much looking down with the neck. Pilatesanytime.com is a website, has lots of different pilates w/o's, you get a 2 week trial, at the end of 2 weeks you can cancel pretty easy. The thing I like about it is that I can pause my subscription, so I un-pause it, do a workout, and pause it again, my monthly fee is going a long way doing it that way! Oh and I always thought AS was hard and always reached for SM a lot.

Diana, kudos for w/o at work at lunch! I'm too much of a sweaty mess to go back to work! I use the alltrails app to find trails. We hike various places (of course staying close to the front range), the latest was in Nederland. This weekend would work for me to meet up. I'll email you my phone number.

Jody, I see on FB that you are busy running, or biking via Endomondo app.

No workout for today but Tues was XT CBS and Wed was XT CLB plus 12 miles of biking (6 miles to beach and back).
Angela, I've only done AS a few times but I like it ok. My go to step w/o are LIC cardio only pm and BM2 cardio only. And I like Intensity.
Diana, that is an awesome way to break up your work day.
Kiki, as noted above, I like Intensity a lot. I'm a stepper though. I'm guessing no stepping at Daytona due to lack of that equipment.
Lisa, I love my climate, but I envy your choice of local hikes. Funny, this week you were in snow and I was bobbing in the ocean.

I only walked the dogs 1.5 miles, Came back and did LIC cardio timesaver, tried to do the abs, I need the ab work.

Angela, I picked LIC for the uplifting music :) It doesn't work as well as Imax2, but I definitely wasn't ready for that one!

Jody, that is funny that I was trudging thru snow and you were bobbing in the ocean. I haven't seen a bathing suit since my Carribean cruise 3 yrs ago I think :eek: What will I do in Daytona!? I'm not buying a new suit so will just go with what I have and try not to be embarrassed. I inherited my Mom's ilk feelings of water (loved water as a kid---couldn't get me out of it), but now I look at it like my Mom did (it's other peoples bath water---thanks Mom!). Plus, critters in the ocean put me off (though I did find it cool snorkeling in the Carribean, probably because I couldn't step on the critters and you can see thru the water), and let's not even talk about lakes!

Hi Ladies,

Crossfit was a butt kicker yesterday. My hamstrings/glutes are talking to me today! It was definitely hot out too. It's no problem working out at lunch as our building has a locker room and showers. Over half of our staff in our building workout at some point during the day.

Today was Day 26 of the BR challenge. Only 2 more w/o's to go to finish off this challenge. Tomorrow is an open water swim and 13 mile bike ride. The triathlon I'm doing in August has a new bike route and we want to check it out. Luckily I was able to rent a wetsuit at the last minute.

Lisa-yah know, walking counts! I like LIC okay, it's not one of my go to's for step though. I like BM2 Cardio Blast premix, Imax 3, Intensity etc. No one will care what your swim suit looks like, just be comfortable and be yourself.

Angela-sorry about the interrupted sleep. I'm all too familiar. If I go several day without good sleep then I will take melatonin and that seems to do the trick. Good luck on your last disc of this mesocycle....you got this!

Jody- I love stepping too but haven't done much of it as of late. Tri training and running will be my mainstay during the summer too. Cathe has equipment trucked in to the RT's. I think I recall stepping in San Diego, as well as using weights.

Waving Hi to Kiki!

Friday I did 21 Day Fit 30 min plyo and 21 DF 10 min abs plus XT BS bi and tri.
Saturday (today) I did my timesaver version of the standing portion of BG and the express pm of TBT Lower body.

Angela, to clarify, we are talking about Low Impact Circuit not Low Impact Challenge, right? I love the LIC, especially the all cardio step pm. LICh I'm still warming up to, myself. I haven't mastered the combos. Did you kick butt today? : )

Diana, that will be interesting if Cathe has steps at DB. If so, cool, I wasn't expecting it. You must work in a fit environment, that is awesome.

Lisa, I almost subbed a short IMAX 2 pm for HS on Fri but went with the 21 Day plyo instead- I think it was a little easier. I was just looking for a blasty type cardio that was short. I get bogged down in choices.

Walked the dogs 2.25 miles and then came back and did CTX UB only SH/BI/TRI, I'm feeling pretty good in the back of the neck, so I think splitting up the UB portions are the way to go (along with doing alternating DB Bicep curls and shoulder press, etc so that the neck isn't lifting too much, but the biceps (or muscle meant to be worked) are challenged). I do have knots/pain in my shoulder blade/levator scalpular (that's what holds your arm in it's socket and connects to neck), I think it was using such huge arm movements with LIC yesterday. So, I'm HOPE I'm learning the limits and can work within them!

Angela, that PM is 48.5 mins A good length! I would so love to do STS again, I'm pondering what my w/o's should look like, I'm thinking for UB days, to do only 30 min and then a 30 min cardio, hmmmmmm. I stink at combing w/o's, I normally like to just pop in a DVD. I may need to go look again at STS and what it entails, hoping I can do it before the RT. That's a lot of yard work! That's a w/o in itself!

Jody, You are doing w/o's I must admit I don't know about. I have been itching to try Piyo with all the talk on the boards. One day, I have soooo many w/o's I have done in over a year, so they should all be new to me again :) Oh about weight, someone said on the boards that running was best, maybe that will get you RT ready? I'm wondering if maybe that is why it's harder for me losing this time around, no running, no jumping, no high impact, no heavy lifting, oh well, I'll work with what I got and be happy I have what I have :)

Diana, You do some varied w/o's too, especially with all your training, it almost intimidates me! :O

Hi Ladies,

I did a half mile open water swim and 12.5 mile bike ride today. The half mile swim was 2-quarter mile loops with a rest in between. I'm working my way up to the full half mile swim, just not there yet. Swimming is really difficult for me, especially open water swimming. The bike ride was okay. It's a new route and much of it was on 2 lanes and NO BIKE LANE. I'm fairly new to road biking and really only feel comfortable in bike lanes.

BR is short for bodyrock, their website is bodyrock.tv. You can find their workouts on youtube, charliejames1975 channel. Just be aware that instructor is scantily clad-don't want to offend anyone. Their 30 day challenge has yielded me the best results as far as weightloss and body fat loss. YMMV. I've done it about 5 or 6 times since October last year. Another online workout I like is Zuzka Light and the Zgym. She was the original BR trainer but they divorced and she went her own way. They both offer very challenging w/o's, IMO.

Jody-what is 21 Day Fit? I'm not familiar. I'm fortunate that 2 of my buildings have gyms in them and they also subsidize membership of a nearby rec ctr. I'm changing jobs next month and am not sure what exercise opportunities will be available to me. I also booked my airfare for the RT today! Do you want my itinerary? I'm not on the same flights as Lisa, but the times are very close. I'll actually land in Orlando about 90 mins before Lisa. Are you trying to lose weight? I'm doing WW for the umpteenth time...seriously. I've lost 20#'s since last summer, mostly from June last year through December....and I'm still about 8#'s from goal.

Angela-nice job finishing Meso 1!!!! I love STS!!! Disc 12 sounds like the easiest thing you did today! Nice job.

Lisa-I haven't cave on Piyo either. I'm with you, I have so many w/o's and so little time. It sounds like you may have found a good plan for you. Nothing wrong with splitting up the UB w/o's. You have to do what works for you. Don't let me intimidate you. I'm just your average middle aged woman trying to defy time. My kids call me a try-hard.....I suck at everything but try hard! I sent you an email with my itinerary. I think we could still carpool if you don't mind getting to the airport early for your flight. The return flights have us landing within 15 minutes I think.

bbl

Walked dogs 1.75 miles and then did CLB. I really enjoyed CLB, I didn't use to (the little I did pre-neck), maybe it was the permission I gave myself to lighten the weights (but they were still challenging....I wanted to grab 15 lb dumbbells at points but thankfully I moved them out of the workout area so as not to be tempted :) ), I did get a little air borne during pop squats (love those), otherwise no air born and it was fine.

Diana, you sound like you do amazing things, good for you! Swimming, wow! Road biking -- you need to live in Boulder :) The traffic is sooooo much worse than when I used to walk my other dog 15 yrs ago, now I can't stand walking on the sidewalk with the sound of cars, I head for the trails. Finally Broomfield has mowed the "weeds" where I walk (I go down by the middle school and up and around to the lake links trail). Thanks for all the links on the other workouts! I'll have to check them out.

Angela, I'll take a look at that rotation. I guess I'm finally learning my limits (and hopefully they are only temporary, but it may be longer recovery than even my revised timelines were). I think it's interesting that bicep curls I can feel it in my neck more easily and I have to make sure to not push it and maybe just do them alternating (I already learned not to do them on an incline, for now). It's funny, it doesn't hurt when I do any of this, just after it's like major DOMS in the neck and those DOMS do not feel good at all! Have you made your air reservations? When do you get into Orlando? (I figure most of us are flying into Orlando).

Jody, are you out soaking up the FL sun?

AOLIH today sans the final disk part- it was more of a sluggish version than a nailed it version.

I read those threads on VF about 21DF and bought the whole package including shakeology. Its nice. The workouts are fine but other than being a whole rotation of 30 min workouts that are complete, it isn't like we don't already have tons of workouts with a beautiful motivating instructor who really knows her stuff. : ) The food plan is sort of like Richard Simmons Deal a Meal or an old WW program (pre points I think). Its just if the angle of using the containers and pre planning helps you to stick to it then it is going to work for you.

I did ww before and am a "lifetime" member but am 15 pounds over my personal actual goal wt (but just a few over my listed lifetime goal). I just started counting points yesterday.

Oh and re 21Day Fit, that was my first BB program- there are ads for BB products before, between and after the workouts. Regarding any of those BB success stories, IMO the people are following the nutritional plan and in some (most?) cases the actual food is even being delivered to them. Just saying, beyond the advertising, the MLM aspect and the hype about any given program, much of the body change comes from an appropriate diet.

Speaking of systems and rotation ADD, I keep looking at Brazil Butt Lift, lol. Diana, can you tell me how you liked the BR challenge? When you say this --> Their 30 day challenge has yielded me the best results as far as weightloss and body fat loss. <--- it really grabs my attention.

PS, 1 Yay I stuck to my WW points yesterday! 2. PIYO reviews are sounding so so to me which is a relief in a way. 3. Diana, congrats on your wt loss and yes you can send me your info, it is cool that it worked out that way. 4. Lisa we've got rain for the next few days so I don't know if I'm going to the beach much.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.