Daytona Trippers

Hi Ladies,

I couldn't decide what to do today so I went for a 15 mile bike ride. I should've left earlier as it's in the mid 90's today. I came across a big snake ....in the bike lane of all places...I swung ride into the traffic lane...fortunately no cars were coming. Needless to say it definitely raised my HR!

I'm heading to the grocery store, laundry, bills etc for the rest of the day.

Jody-what's wrong with 1.6 loss? A loss is a loss. I would be happy with that. I'm a slow loser, hypothyroid doesn't help either. I weigh most mornings and track in one of those little purse calendars, I just keep it in my bathroom drawer. Are you aware of the new Points Plus program? The points are calculated a little differently. Most fruits and veggies are zero points. I plan to keep trying to lose the last 10#'s. I'm at a lower weight than I've been in years so I'm happy about that. I plan on participating in Project Me this fall, it is put on by one of our local gyms. I think that will help with the last 10#'s.

Lisa-I don't think I was ever "creeping" up on your steps. You had about 7K more than me. I usually get between 8-10K, but many days do not reach 10K unless I'm running/training for a race etc. Standing at a desk all day doesn't help. I knew that gal was pricey...outside of my budget anyway. I modify all the time as needed, no worries about that. I had forgotten about the squat-drop-and-roll in CCC. I use my step bench for that...I can't get up otherwise.:p

Angela-I guess CCC would be sort of like the BR w/o's. Cathe does about 30 seconds of work/10-20 seconds of rest between each of the cardio sections. The difference is BR alternates between cardio and full body weight training, constantly changing the exercises.

bbl

Yes, it would be nice if other RTers joined in or popped in.
Re Cathe and risers, I feel guilty if I go less than Cathe since she is so petite even though I'm 5'4", not exactly an Amazon, but then I don't mind fudging the arms as much.
XT CBS done, maybe back later with a cardio to post.

Ignore, having issues using tapatalk app with my new computer.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I did 2.6 mile dog walk, XT HS, and lots of housework (my fitbit said 3000 steps just doing housework!)

Angela, I have a Viking Husqvarna sewing/embroidery machine. I wanted to embroidery a cover for a cusion for my dog and since I haven't done that in ages, I had to load my software on a windows computer, well, turns out the software (that I know I paid about $500 for about 10 yrs ago) can't be registered because I guess it's too old :(. So researched more software and plunked down $200 for a cheaper tool that I have to relearn. I used to be a 1 riser gal, maybe someday. The last time I had a major injury (I was 19--had a chipped bone on left ankle, took docs months to figure it out...1st doc (urgent care), just a sprain, 2nd doc... military, just a sprain, finally 3rd doc .... orthopedic, looked at original x-rays and said you chipped a bone, you have to be in a cast for 6 wks, that finally fixed it. My PA acct is suspended right now, once I'm back in there I'll check out Niedra and shoulder stuff.

Diana, you found a snake too?!?!?!? I would have probably crashed upon seeing it on a bike.

Jody, I do feel step more in my knees if I use 2 risers, and I'm a bit taller than you 5'5". I know those Cathe and gals must have springs in their feet!

Angela, doing XT so much is helping me learn and love the workouts. I think I perform better, am more disciplined, in those workouts in which I am familiar. Good job on Intensity, that is tough and fun, but i know you aren't the cardio girl!

Lisa, I'm prob much better off without a fitbit. I would surely obsess. Especially if I start working night shift all the time and it tracked my lack of sleep. How many times did you go up and down stairs cleaning house to get all those steps?

Diana, I'm glad you avoided snake w/o getting into traffic. I'm happy for a wt loss but felt like I "deserved" 2 pound loss. I mean, seriously, no wine, no junk food, no binges, working out everyday and my first time overall staying with in points for a week. Oh well, I'm in it for the long haul anyway. Do your knees hurt with long bike rides? Mine did after my 12 miles the other day.

Today I did CLB and a little bit of Bellyfit Water. Yesterday I did a goofy cardio dance from youtube in the evening x 40 min. I stayed in my points, too.

I did 2.6 mile walk and then 30 min spinning for Pedal Power. It looks like I can now do some spinning and not have neck issues (yea me) but figured out that the triceps dips I did yesterday (and I didn't do them all) caused my neck to shoulder muscle (upper trap) to hurt. Massage lady said that that will probably be 'my thing', 'my thing' being what will be with me forever, so I say NO MORE TRICEP DIPS! I never liked them before and like them less now... kinda the same with pushups! Sometimes having something to blame your 'lack of' can be liberating :)

I made hotel reservations for Jody and myself, we have oceanview room, they were out of oceanfront except for suites.

Jody, uh, yea, the fitbit is becoming obsessive for me (but fun). I got piyo today so will definitely do something in it tomorrow. Tracking sleep on fitbit I thought it was good getting 7.5 to 8 hrs a night, now DIL has one and she gets 9.5 to 10 hrs

a night (saaaay whaaaat?).

Angela, how was HS for you today? Lots of jumping jacks (oh golly, yea I get to modify, dr says, right!?!?!?) and that shuffling thing, oh wait maybe it's scissors and I do a shuffle.

Diana, hope you enjoyed the slightly cooler day today (even if it was HUMID), my skin loves the humidity by I don't! 80 and humid feels about as hot to me as 90 and dry :)

Hi Ladies,

No workout yesterday...slept in...spent too much time on computer etc. This morning I did get up and to X41 premix of X10.

Friday is my last day at work and I have lunch dates all week...UGH. My stomach likes what I bring from home. Even yesterday I had Olive Garden, soup & salad and had a bellyache all night. I think it's from the pasta. Today we went out and I thought I ordered grilled chicken...what I got was a baked potato stuffed with diced chicken, broccoli and cheese. I'm not looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow.

Not sure what's on tap for tomorrow, but Intensity is sounding fun. The temp was perfect for a run this morning but I just couldn't get myself mentally prepared for that in time. I think the new BR challenge started today or starts tomorrow. I'm going to take a peek and see what it's like.

My swimming class starts tonight but I just don't have it in me tonight.

Lisa-I have a shoulder injury/issue and tricep dips or tricep pushups are no no's for me too. You definitely get in a lot more steps than I do for sure! I used to be more obsessed with my fitbit when I first got, 18 mos ago. Thanks for the reminder, I need to reserve a hotel room too. I'm hoping to find a roommate soon. Did you order PiYo??? How do you like it?

Jody-My knees only seem to bother me when running a lot, or actually just running on a regular basis. I haven't tracked all week:mad:, and going out to eat all the time isn't helping...and my tummy doesn't like it either. I'm trying to stick to salads with chicken or salmon and dressing on the side.

Angela-Intensity is another fun one for me. It's a toughie but definitely fun! I think I may do that one tomorrow!

bbl

Lisa, thank you for doing the reservations. Does DIL still get same hours of sleep with her new job?

Diana, will you get a week off between jobs? That would be nice. I feels ya on the lunches out- makes it much harder to stay on track. I'm planning on new work soon, too. Its a good thing but stressful. Don't be too hard on yourself if your energy is a little low. It might be stress coming out sideways.
RE BR and Zuzka type stuff, I think my deterrent is the intensity without a longer warm up. Which is funny cuz I used to routinely and quite impatiently skip all the Cathe warm ups but now I'm much slower to boil.

Angela, you are BDer? How fun! I've been in a troupe as well! Not for a few years though, but now that I'm out of school, I'd like to get back into it. I'm going to try the bellyfit as a yoga starter. I went back and did the whole Bellyfit Water workout yesterday evening. Easy intensity, but my dance moves are very rusty. I was a little shocked, actually. What type of BD do you perform?

I might sub Intensity for AOLIH today since it is going around. We'll see. Have a good one all.

Last edited:
A low energy day for me today. I did 2.9 mile dog walk, then started on Piyo. Reviewed the fundamentals... uh, she just really went over yoga poses (maybe some with her flare on them), I did like her showing the modifier and explaining the modifications. Then tried the Lower body (25 min), I did sweat, but I sweat easily. Felt more yoga-wish and I had a hard time even just holding my arms out for warrior poses (why I didn't like yoga). She doesn't hold the poses long which I like and I guess that's where the PIlates part comes from. I may skipped the Upper body one tomorrow (been having issues), so the next one is Sweat (I'm sure I will) :).

Diana, oooooh, my pet peeve was the bad eats when at the office, I'd have to pitch in for birthday cakes for everyone's birthday and I'd never eat it. It's hard when you are put in an 'eating ' position and no one gets it.

Jody, not sure what DIL sleep is getting right now, but it's funny, we've never seen her at 7:30am and now have seen her 2 days in a row, it must be killing her :). Actually after this week her start time changes each day, this week is just getting the new store set up. She's prestige mgr at Ultra now. I'm finally back down to my DBRT sign up weight, woot! Yesterday I was so positive on obtaining my goal weight, today with the low energy and UB issues... um, not so much. I deserve the semi-rest day today, right?!?!?

Angela, so did you do HS or something else.

Angela, Good luck with sorting it out. I just listened to a TED talk about making choices and I'm feeling anxiety myself about job stuff.

I did Intensity- the step only.

Today only a 2.25 mile dog walk, then PIYO Define UB and PIYO Sweat and then 15 min jumping on the jumpboard of the reformer. 1st off there are lots of triceps pushups in PIYO, but there is the modifier there and she stresses you don't have to go all the way down, so I think it is good reminder and I did feel it some in my triceps and not my top shoulder to neck. UB had some core in it IMO, Sweat was good (I kept sticking to my mat and dripping sweat on my mat so had to keep wiping it off so I wouldn't slip, not sure I'll use the mat again). Jody, DIL and I compared fitbit stats (hee hee her sleep was only 5.5 hers last night), anyway she got me to start logging my foods. 3 yrs ago when I started fitbit for a week (returned to store as it broke), logging foods was harder, so now that it's pretty easy I'm doing that to be accountable for my food.

So it's working for me, that's what matter, right?

Angela, so glad you decided to stay with us!

Diana, hope the office eats aren't tempting you too much.

budetare

I thought you all may get a kick out of this embroidery I'm doing to put on a cover for the place my dog lays to look out the window(she won't go out in her backyard without me so I made her a spot to lay on to look out, crazy dog!

Lisa, super cute!

Angela, so glad you will be at DBRT. You would have had to keep checking in w/ us anyway. : ) We did a lot of Turkish style and a little bit of Bolly. I love to watch Tribal but never learned much. I do have a yoga dance Rachel Brice workout. I should actually try that out!

Diana, I hope you are feeling ok at the end of your week.

I didn't work out today. Tomorrow prob AOLIH. RE XT wt work, it is hard for me to tell the diff between the BS and the other wt work. Maybe I cheat one and heavy up on the other and they end up feeling about the same. I think I did the same thing w/ STS M1 and M2. Never really could tell the difference between the two cycles.

Hi Ladies,

It's been an emotional couple of days. I'm managing through it though. Today I had to have additional mammogram & ultrasound so was stressing about that. The results are inconclusive so they want me to have another mammo & Ultrasound in 3 mos.

This morning I did Day 2 of the BR 30 Day challenge. My abs aren't as flat as they were when I was doing this rotation which is why I opted for one of those w/o's again. The new Transformation challenge is more for beginners so you ladies may want to take a look at it. They are only 12-20 minutes long, but that doesn't mean easy. Summer Body Transformer Challenge | Day 1 | BodyRock.tv

Angela-I received that email a while back to for the New Jersey RT. Since I got into Daytona by then I told them to go on to the next person. STS is a tough rotation for sure. I usually do it in the fall when I'm not pressed for time with running/swimming/biking getting in the way. Meso 2 is my favorite and I'll throw those in from time to time.

Jody-It is tough to leave my job after 24 yrs, but it is the right decision. I would almost call it an abusive work environment. After coming home from work crying so many times my DH said to just get out of there. It's a good time since my youngest will be heading off to school.

Lisa-You have one spoiled dog! How do you like your surface? I have an Asus Transformer that I love. I really only use it for email, FB, games etc. It's more of a toy for me. Most folks actually bring their lunch at work or eat pretty healthy. It's restaurant eating that can be tricky for me. I'm an over eater and it's just easier for me when I bring my own food which I can control.

bbl

Angela-I do not have the sandbag but have 4 different weights of Kettlebells that I use in its place. I do have the dip station, but a pull-up bar which I also have works in its place. I can't do dips on the dip station due to a shoulder injury. I either do lying tricep extensions, kickbacks, standing OH extensions etc. I do use the dip station for the ab work such as leg raises, but again, I used my pull-up bar before I had the dip station. Don't feel like you need their equipment to do the workout. I use db's and a barbell. We are Catheletes...we know how to improvise!

bbl

Today was another walk of 2.5 miles, Suki seemed to have cement paws during part of it, I think she was hot, little did she know I was heading to a shady area so had to coax her to get a move on! I then did Circuit blast with some interesting subs and then BodyRock Summer Challenge of 15 min (I'm going to try to add one on each day, it's good HIIT)

Diana, that stinks about the mammo :(. It's sooooo stressful. They are being extra cautious, it's probably nothing, so put it outta your head for 3 mths ! That BR w/o was pretty good, I think it will be a good add on to blast some fat (I hope). I'm going to try to do one each day (I'm sure I'll miss here and there). Sorry to hear the stress of your old job, the coming home crying sounds familiar! I hope the next one is a better fit. Thankfully when I was at that stage, DH said to take a leave of absence, during my leave they laid me off and gave me a severance package (what I wanted), then 3 yrs later they called me back as a contractor because they couldn't find the skills! So went back as a contractor for 4 yrs, the work environment was stressful but I had a good team lead that shielded me, then when she left to a new job, I was about ready to jump ship again, but instead they laid me off (3 times). I do not miss it!

Jody, I tended to always go uber heavy to the point that meso1 didn't look much different than meso2. Maybe with me having to lower my weights (probably for life), I'll be more in tune to what the workout needs (and what my body says it will do).

Angela, are you going to do the BR? Meso3 was my least fav by far, I will never use it ever again. I'm getting better at doing the Pilates move Overhead (I think that's what it is called). Karen Sanzo on PA had a good tutorial using the Cadillac to improve, and I was laying on the floor stretching when I looked up and saw my sewing table and thought, hmmm, I can use that as a bar on the Cadillac, voilà! Tomorrow is my private Pilates reformer time, not sure what to expect, especially since my sister is not into fitness at all and obese (there's no other way to put it).

So, did you all notice the dogs were doing yoga poses? Yes, Suki

is my spoiled dog. She was born 2 days before my surgery last year and has been my pal thru my recovery. I was surprised when DH said OK to getting a dog, my friends tell me that he was trying to get my mind off of my neck pain and be able to. concentrate on something else. She is so different than my previous dog.

Diana, just realized I didn't answer how I like my surface 3, I love it! I love that you have the feel of apps but the power of a desktop when you need it all in one. The sales person said some don't like windows 8 because it's so different and you have a learning curve. Heck if I can learn Linux the last year of work, I can learn anything!

Diana, I'm sorry about the mammo results. I hope you get all clear results in a few months. Now that you are out of the abusive negative environment you can keep a positive energy flow, too? Thanks for posting the BR challenge. Is Lisa leaving BR?

Lisa, I noticed the yoga poses but didn't see the downward dog!

Angela, wow you got to workout with the snakecharmer herself! That is cool. She is riveting to watch. My most famous BD workshop was with Ansuya which was cool for me b/c I like her style so much and would choose to emulate her. All this BD talk and yet I hardly ever dance anymore. : (
Oh I've loaded a canvas back pack with stuff to use as a sandbag before. I like the Ugi ball they used to use and wanted one of those, too.

Despite all the window shopping, I'm still doing XT. I did TTM today to sub for AOLIH and that wrapped up week 4 for me. I also lost 2.4 pounds- I'll take that. I think the 0.4 from this week was really from last week, it just took a bit longer to show up.

Only `1.75 mile dog walk today, then did PIYO core and the bonus Turbo Fire Low HIIT 20, I liked them both, especially the core one. I looked at BR day 2 and I didn't like the exercises so didn't do that, so I guess that may be more of a do if I like that day's exercises.

Angela, I quit TTOM at age 46! Not in meno, just had no detectable estrogen, so now on hormones, I feel sooooo much better with the hormones. The private Pilates session was good! We will definitely do more. She did confirm my low back is extremely tight and I got to try out the Pilates Arc I have been eyeing for some time. She said since my neck is fused in 3 levels that it is really tight and since the low back is a curve of the spine just like the neck, if you have tightness in one area you will have tightness in the other. This gives credibility to the fact my low back got worse after my neck surgery.

Jody, Those are the only 2 yoga poses they had in the dog embroidery, I just thought they were so cute.... warrior and camel.

Diana, Did you still want to meet up tomorrow? I'll text you later if I don't hear from you to see what's up.

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was my last day at work. Color me happy!!! I have 9 days off until I start my new job. We did have a happy hour but I only had 1 drink...I guess two since it was a double-amaretto sour.:p I ordered a single but in a tall glass and had to have them add another shot of amaretto. The sweet and sour mix was too much, ugh.

Today I did Day 1 of the BR 30 Day challenge. I've done days 2 and 3 so figured I just do 1 before I continue on. I also did Burn Sets CSB. They offer many different challenges, but the 30 day real time challenge is my favorite. They are longer, 45 mins to an hour versus the 12-30 minute ones. I also did the 21 Day bootcamp and another one...the name escapes me. My abs have never looked better than when I do the 30 day challenge.

I'm really struggling with tri-training. My training partner tore her hamstring so I'm on my own...and really just not motivated.:mad: I need to find my groove.

Lisa-glad you enjoyed the private pilates class! Did she come to your home or did you have to go to her? Are there exercises that will help eliminate the tightness in your neck and lower back? I don't have to deal with TTOM either and couldn't be happier! Hysterectomy 10 years ago relieved all the pain as well as other symptoms. They did leave my ovaries though so I don't need hormones....at least not yet anyway.

Angela-if your over STS it's okay to move on to something else. It is a very long rotation. Meso 3 is where you really increase your strength. Upping the weights each week..it's awesome! Definitely pick something you want to do, don't let the rotation prevent you from working out just because you don't want to do what's on the rotation. You are exercising...it's all good.

Jody-Woo Hoo on the weightloss!! That is awesome! I started tracking again and think that will help. Of course, if chocolate didn't taste so darn good that would help too.;)

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.