Damage Control October :)

Hello Ladies - TGIF!!!

woke up w/a swollen painful tonsil :mad: I hope I am not getting sick!!! I did Pi-yo Core ystdy - then went to help a friend decorate for a Halloween party this weekend - it was COLD out and i was sweaty .. so that could by why my tonsil is unhappy!! I dont have time to be sick! REST day for me today .. going home and take my babies for a ride ..

LL - I think you will LOVE Pi-yo .. it is decievingly tuff!! a mix of Pilates, yoga and cardio - you get stretch, strength, and cardio all in one workout with no equiptment - just you own body weight!

Di - re: going outside - I think I was too mad to be chicken .. LOL .. Brutus and his big bark!! If there were someone out there .. they would be crazy to come at me w/my big baby barking like he was ... he is bigger than my other male .. well the other one was kinda broader .. Brutus is thinner - leaner - longer and taller - !! He reminds me of Scooby Doo (acutally prances like him and acts goofy sometimes) - but he is MY goofy big baby!! LOL

Wendy - {insert enabler mode} - you do know SeanT is coming out w/new insanity style workouts - shorter only 30 minutes each .. LOOKS insane!! but he has a modifier in them too ... I am ALL IN!! Great workout!

Jacque - yup - SeanT has new workouts all 30 minutes - and a modifier for those of us .. LIKE ME ... have knees that dont want to cooperate on certain moves!! I cant EVER stick to a rotation .. I get too bored .. right now I am doing a mish mosh of Pi-yo (which has surprised me on how effective they are and NOT boring) T-25 and ZWOW .. with a run fit in here and there .. but all shorter workouts .. except for Cathe I may do on weekends!!

Hello to Tina and Lori ..

ok .. have a great weekend!!! I am gonna get my "zombie" on this weekend - :eek::eek:;)

Just a shout out to Diana and Jacque from the DBRT. I'd love to join your checkin, but I'm already in 2, and even with not working I have no time! Where does it go?

Yesterday I had to work from 8am to 6pm (unusual for a weekend) so I made myself get up extra early and work out before I left. Here's what I did::

10@20/35 (did 10 rounds instead of 20 b/c pressed for time):
Perfect Push Up, DB Rev Lunge R, 1/2 Knlg Alt Shldr Press, DB Rev Lunge L, Floor Bridge.
10@20/35:
Side Plank w/Leg Lifted, 2 Arm Bent Over DB Row, Alt Leg Abduction from PU position with gliding discs, KB Stiff Leg Dead Lift, 2 Hand Slide Reach from Knees.

Today I may go to the studio for a workout with a member gone PT intern. If I don't do that then I'll be staying home and letting Insanity kick my ass but first.....

Hi Ho Hi Ho...It's off to work I go......!

Last edited:
This weekend was 80 miles of riding. The weather has been fairly mild, still able to ride without shoe covers. I have my good bike back from the shop and they did the work free of charge (they know I'll be in soon with baked goods), so fingers crossed, I'll be able to finish off this year on it.
I'm really excited to start Meso 1 tomorrow, bring on the mega push ups! :)

Diana, I hope your 5k went well yesterday. I don't know how you fit it all in. We went to watch a cycle cross race today. They had a costume ride first, which was hilarious, and then the pros came out. Whoa, nail biting to watch!

Jacque, I've never done AB double trouble premix. That workout kicks my butt as is!

Laura, I hope you're feeling better! :)

Hi Ladies,

Busy weekend and now it's back to work tomorrow, ugh. I need another weekend. Saturday was a 5K that I completed in 29:29, not to shabby for this old broad.:) Then it was off to a birthday party with Mexican food, chips/salsa, and cake. The scale was very ugly today. Hopefully it will look better by Tuesday when I have to send my weight to my coach.:eek: I've been struggling with the scale since I ran the HM last Sunday.
Today was an early movie with my training partner. After my chores, I banged t STS Disc 30 (CBT) and BR Day 2.

Wendy-I'm giving PCC a try tomorrow and may hang with you for M1 of Insanity in between my STS Days! Hopefully your ADD hasn't kicked in and you haven't moved on to something else.

LL-Nice job with Yoga Max. To be honest, I haven't tried any of Cathe's yoga discs although I have them all. Just do what you have time for and definitely don't stress about it.

bbl

LOL, no Diana, ADD hasn't kicked in but my rotation isn't on spot doing it every other day either. For instance, technically yesterday should have been an Insanity day but I was asked to go over to the studio and workout with a member gone PT intern so I took her up on it. Now today I have an opportunity to work out with the group at the studio tonight since I'm not working so I am going to take it. I will do Insanity tmrw. Is that acceptable? :p Nice job on your 5k! Congrats!!!! Sorry about the scale. I know the feeling.

Tina:: Have fun w/STS! Are you doing the rotation with Diana?

Laura:: Sick or not sick? THAT is the question! Thank you Miss Queen Enabler for the heads up on the new Insanity :p but I have sworn of fitness DVD purchases for a while because 1) I really don't need to be spending the $$ right now. 2) I am barely doing dvd work outs so when I do I should probably make use of what I have for now.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

Had a sweatfest of a workout with ShaunT and PCC!!!! Those level 1 drills kick my butt everytime! I did as many as I could do at my own pace. Either tonight or tomorrow morning will be disc 31-C&B. Kudos to me, I did barbell curls with a 55# barbell last night!:D

Laura-hope you are not coming down with something. Thanks for the heads up on the new ShaunT stuff coming out. I wasn't in the know, but will be taking a look at them soon.

Tina-OMG, 80 miles...you are so awesome!!!

Wendy-glad you are keeping busy at the gym(s).

Jacque-how did you spend your weekend???

bbl

Hello Ladies ..

weekend FLEW by .. ugh .. Monday already! SAT I did manage to do Supercuts (love that workout) .. then cooked and got all ZOMBIED out for the party - the party was fun - but always some kind of drama going on . ugh .. what is wrong with people now days??? :mad: I dont have time for any more stupid/ignorance in my life!! Sunday was a lazy day - watched movies and did laundry and of course took my babies for a long ride .. it is now dark when I get home.. they will not be getting their mid-week rides anymore!

Di - have you seen the BR Hiitmax challenge .. VERY interesting ... the one she posted today :eek: it looks super hard!! interesting concept of doing Mon workout - then TUE you do Mon and Tue workout .. and so on .. by ends week you have a full one hour workout .. but from what I saw she posted today - I wouldnt be able to do a full hour of that stuff - her burpees are done at record speed .. YIKES ... good job on the 5k!! WTG!

Tina - geesh that is a LONG bike ride - my rear end hurts just thinking about it ... LOL ..

Wendy - great workout at usual - so how is your training group going? are you doing only group training or one on one training?

Thanks re: my tonsil - it is STILL swollen and painful - not quite as bad as FRI .. but not sure what is up with it .. ?? I am gonna workout tho anyway .. I may ATTEMPT to do the BR workout challenge she posted .. but think I am going to print it out and do it MY way ... I dont have my timer w/me ... so going to do it w/reps instead of time ... IF i can!! it looks killer!

Hello to all that follow! have a great one!

Laura-yep, one day I did Hiitmax days 1-4 I think. I like them, when strung together like that they are similar to the BR 30 Day Challenge w/o's.

JTrain's volleyball tournament went awesome! His team the Hot Tamales won first place! Only lost one game all day! Saturday B has his last soccer game of the season, the CDawg had a great baseball game, pitching really well. jTrain's baseball didn't not go great. Sunday after church, CDawg had a great game but had to be taken out briefly as pitcher since the hit ball bounced off his big toe, he went back in after icing it a bit, but not to the pitcher's position, rules... But they lost probably because his wasn't pitching anymore, last game of the season. Then JTrain had his last reg. season baseball game, lost again, but he had fun, but his team wasn't great. I was able to see the tail end of each, but I didn't get to see any of B's last baseball game until January (he's on a year long travel team).

So no exercise for me all weekend, except chasing Little K around and today we had to get back into the school groove after 3 full days of sports! JTrain may have playoffs next weekend, but no more practices and we have a break until basketball starts in a few weeks! I signed up for a free yoga class in my town, but I think it's more of a meditative, focusing on your breath, on the floor, with towels kind of thing. I may try a bunch for free before I decide if I want to spend money...anyone know what kind of yoga Cathe does for her DVDs? Can anyone recommend a type to me that is more of a workout than relaxation?

Do you all think rotating HiiT with heavy wts is the best way to burn fat and burn muscle with clean eating? And is HiiT, tabata and metabolic training all the same thing? Or does one "umbrella" the others? I know I've said this before, but I wish on her website she had a category for HiiT or all of them if they are not all the same.

Gotta get some sleep, hopefully the kids will work diligently tomorrow and I can get an afternoon or evening workout in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello all!

Friday I was uber tired from the first home hockey game Thurs nite. Haven't been to bed that late for quite a while and then to get up 4.5 hours later was not going to happen. Then after work needed to do banking and by the time I was home from that was not feeling like a workout. Sat. was another hockey game mid day and again no workout as we visited DS2 and got home late. Now Sunday . . . Woot Woot, I did Supercuts in the afternoon with a "chaser" this morning of HiiT 40/20. UGH that kicked my bootie ! Legs were wobbly at the beginning and then just plain ol' tired toward the end but felt good when I was done !

Wendy - bummer you had to work the weekend but nice job on the workouts! So is "work" a different place than "the studio"? (I'm not keeping up with all the places you are working very well). I'm with you on having loads of DVD's. I have been rotating a bunch of the older ones (mainly Cathe) with the more recent sets (LIS & XT). Really wish I had the motivation to do at least a month of STS but haven't quite psyched myself up for that yet. Can't wait for the new Cathe series though!

Diana - super job on the 5K this weekend. That is a great time considering you haven't been running much lately. What is does PCC stand for? So you will be alternating STS and Insanity a for a month or so? That sounds like quite a rotation ! Very nice job with the 55lb curls ! WOW you are definitely building some strength back. Not sure I ever got that high !

Tina - super job on the riding this weekend. Nice to hear you got your good bike fixed, for free no less (other than a little baking . . .) and sure hope that it will last through the winter for you. Have fun with Meso 1 . . . I cannot do push ups very well any more so dread that meso.

Laura - funny we both did Supercuts this weekend. I am a fan due to the weight/cardio combinations. Think it is similar to some of the new workouts. One of these days I'll look up the BR routines you all speak of. They sound like some good workouts right up my alley. Hope you felt well enough to get your workout in. Tell that tonsil to "take a hike"! :p

LL - wow what a busy weekend. I used to love spending time watching the kids play their sports. Mine also did theater and it was fun watching their rehearsals and plays too. I sure miss it. My grandsons are now playing hockey so will be watching some of their tourneys. So much fun. I remember doing STS years ago and seems like there are a couple of Cathe rotations out there with suggested cardio DVD's if you have quite a few of hers. Otherwise it may give you a guideline on types of cardio to mix the heavy weights with.

This week's weight workouts will be Push Pull & Supersets along with cardio yet to be determined. At least one TM walk/jog/run though.

Until later . . .

Yesterday was M1D1 and yoga abs. Today was CF extreme. Maybe a bike ride tonight. It's getting dark so early now, I fear my week day rides are almost over.

Diana, 55 lbs on biceps?? :eek: The most I've ever been able to lift is 49 lbs, and those were ugly! No way I could go a pound more. You must have awesome guns! :)

Jacque, I love SS and PP. I've been doing STS for so long now, I can't wait to pull them out again.

Laura, what are you taking for a ride? Horses or dogs? o_O

BBL to check in on everyone. :)

Hi Ladies,

I will finish STS....only 4 more discs to go!!! Last night I did Chest & Back. The C&B workouts of meso 3 are the longest timewise so it's just easier to do them at night. This morning was Plyo Legs with a weight vest on for almost everything!!! Tomorrow will be a date with Shaun T. for the next Insanity disc-CPR I think (Cardio Power & Resistance).

LL-busy girl you are with the all the kids' activities. Sorry, I'm not a yoga fan (but should be) so can't give any direction there. Many years ago I took a power yoga class for athletes that I really liked. I haven't done any of Cathe's yoga w/o's.

Jacque-Nice w/o's! 40/20 is a real struggle for me to do in the early mornings. I'm always afraid of tripping/falling in my morning stupor!:) PCC is an Insanity w/o-Plyometric Cardio Circuit. I'm not following the Insanity rotation exactly since I'm putting STS in between, but am hoping for some good results just the same.

Tina-Push up torture is what STS Disc 1 is, right????:p Is this the first time you've done STS pyramid style-Meso1/Meso2/Meso3/Meso2/Meso1? Is CF Cardio Fusion? Unfortunately, I don't really see much definition even with the heavy lifting. I've definitely gained some strength back which is good.

Wendy-what are you up to today???

Laura-Hope you are feeling better today. I tried to google Shaun T's newest stuff but I couldn't find anything. I also checked the BB website. What I found there is a new Power 90-redesigned is coming soon. Please tell me where to find the new Shaun T. stuff.

bbl

Hello ladies ..

I did manage to workout ystdy - did the BR challenge #26 :eek: and then did one of her core challenges - YOWZA!!! THAT was a tuff workout!! I cant do the burpees as fast as she does them .. so my total reps sure wasnt like hers was .. LOL!!! Think tonight is gonna be T-25 .. not sure which one yet tho!! Tonsil still swollen but not hurting as bad ????

Di - check out SeanT facebook page .. he has a lot of info on there!! looks like it is insanity intensity - but all workouts only 30 minutes - plus he has full time modifier - the post he posted today said a LOT of new moves .. not just a repeat of insanity - I LOVE T-25 so I am all in for the new series!!

Tina - dogs or horses .. HA .. good question - I take my 2 babies for a ride in the RTV - and by babies .. I mean my french mastiffs (the male is about 135#) I also take the little outside dog and the other one runs ... it is a sight to behold .. LOL!!

Jacque - I was hoping the new Cathe workouts would be similar to supercuts and afterburn .. those are my favorite .. I like the weight/cardio/multi muscle exercises .. plus I love it when she doesnt repeat it over and over .. the next move is totally different from the one before! check out BR site .. she has some good workouts - FREE - she talks to much for me .. so I write them down then do them her form is not as good as Zuzka tho .. Zuzka has free ZWOW workouts on youtube - and she has the Z-gym .. you have to pay for access to her newer workouts .. but she has everything from yoga - kettbelle - plyo - bodyweight- zwows - zshreds - and challenges .. well worth it!!

LL - ITA w/Wendy .. the HiiT workouts will burn the most fat/calories - but I like a good mix of it all tho!! if you are looking for best yoga like workouts that burn calories - Pi-Yo is it!! for more traditional yoga I really like Bob Harpers yoga -

Wendy - what's on tap for today???

OK .. bette run .. have a great day!

Just a shout out to Diana and Jacque from the DBRT. I'd love to join your checkin, but I'm already in 2, and even with not working I have no time! Where does it go?

Lisa - I totally understand. I have a hard enough time keeping up with just one ! Take care and I'm sure I'll do a little "lurking" to see how you and Jody are doing if I don't see you on FB to see how you are doing. Until later . . .

Hello ladies,

Did follow my plan of Push Pull this AM. I'm thinking I am really fickle here as it seemed funny to do each exercise just once though there were lots of reps. In the end it was two exercises per body part and I kept up with Cathe's wt. selection for most of them. Good workout! The Body Blast series was on Fit TV way back when and that is how I "found Cathe". Thought about hitting the TM while watching hockey but after hitting Costco on the way home I think that plan is out the door. May jog/run in the morning.

Wendy - How did your studio workouts go? Your thoughts on doing HiiT/Interval training for all cardio or just a couple per week, especially while lifting heavy (STS)?

Tina - Holy Moly I didn't realize people did a pyramid with STS. Cannot imagine how strong you must be and I would fear boredom for me. What do you think now that you are almost done? Would you entertain doing it again sometime? Sorry the changing times will thwart your rides for a while. When are you able to resume?

Diana - Congrats on being nearly done with STS. Are you feeling stronger? (or did the 55lbs answer that question for me?;)) Nice job adding a weighted vest for Plyo legs. I had forgotten about mine . . . If I did the combos you are doing (STS/Insanity) I would be sleep walking/working daily. That must take uber energy. What are your weight plans after STS?

Laura - Perhaps this weekend I'll take the time to look up some of the BR's. Diana mentioned she just created shortcuts to make it easier to get to them in the mornings. I was also interested in the PiYo but it was sold out the last time I checked. Maybe after I get the new Ripped series a few times . . . Hmmmmm:rolleyes: I think Shaun should give you a free copy since you'll probably sell quite a few for him! ;)

LL - hope you had an easier day today and had a chance to burn some energy. Here is an interesting link re: yoga
http://yoga.about.com/od/typesofyoga/a/yogatypes.htm

Nearly time for dinner. Enjoy the evening ladies!

Hey Ladies.

Yesterday was a rest day because I didn't sleep well. I slept well last night though AND I have the morning off so the Insanity work out of choice is on tap for today!

Jacque:: I am currently doing heavy weight circuits and tabata/interval cardio training only and along with a diet that is under control thanks to WW I am losing body fat and weight. I haven't done any steady state cardio at all so far. If you like steady state then go ahead and do some but it's not necessary to see results. :)

Hello Ladies ...

last night workout was Pi-yo SWEAT - and had a co-worker join me .. she was thinking Pilates/yoga would be easy .. LOL .. she tickled me asking "DOES SHE EVER TAKE A BREAK .. I THOUGHT THIS WAS GONNA BE EASY .. THIS IS HARD!!" LOL she was surprised not your typical yoga/pilates class there!! lol .. tonight will either be ZWOW or T-25 ..

Jacque - I know looks like SeanT should give me a freebie for all the braggin I do on him :p let me know what you think about the BR site - like I said sometimes Lisa (instructor) gets on my nerves .. and sometimes her form is not the best .. but the workouts are different short and kick butt! she is a tiny little thing to be so strong - Still like Zuzka better tho .. her form is always perfect .. and her demeanor is soothing yet motivating!

Wendy - I wish I had the morning off .. I woke up at 4:00 and went back to sleep .. I swear those 2 hours felt like one minute .. I must of just zonked out!!! have fun w/Insanity!!!

hello to all that follow - tonight my shows come on Survivor - Criminal Minds - Stalker and I DVR American Horror Story .. they all have a HALLOWEEN story line .. should be EXTRA creepy!! :eek: LOL

have a grea one

H all,

Sunshine, thanks for the yoga link, I was reading it this morning. I think power yoga or ashatangi (sp.?) are the ones that might be interesting to me.

Thanks for the responses on fat burning. I will read the responses again, I only skimmed thru them the first time.

Ok now another one to search your brain for. :). What workout do you do when you don't want to wo at all! I have had a long day and am tired, but I haven't worked out since last Thursday!! I still have to finish cleaning up dinner and make lunch for tomorrow. And if I want to get up early and wo tomorrow, I need to be in bed in an hour and 15 min. Maybe I should just try to get in low impact slide and glide tabatta from TTM or cf...

I really just want to have some chocolate and read my book! Sorry to whine, I just feel overwhelmed and working out de-stresses me but I haven't been able to wo! And this is our first week in a while where we have no practices, so technically it should be an easier day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.