Damage Control October :)

Oo, so I ended up doing cf less impact 17 min. I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow. I'm teaching a class at 9, memory work for k-5 on various subjects.

Poochy, you make me want to be piyo!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yesterday was M1D3, today was GH plus BM2 abs and the finished step portion. I can't wait for Halloween to be over, I can't have any more candy in the house!

Jacque, this is the first time I've tried the STS pyramid rotation. I plan on doing it again in the spring, as soon as cycle season starts up again. They pair up so nicely.

Diana, CF was for Cross Fire, which I'm loaning out to my sister, so I needed to get it out of my system. You must be excited to be almost finished with STS. I only have three weeks left after this week! I'm hoping the new workouts will arrive shortly after I finish. :)

Laura, I love big dogs. Our neighbors down the street have a Bernese Mountain dog and she is the sweetest thing. If I didn't already have a zoo, I'd consider rescuing one. I'd love to see a picture of your beasts! :D

Fembot, I'm drawing a blank on GH?? I have bought some 88% dark chocolate to keep me away from the candy and with 4 kids, there is a ton of it around! I think it's amazing how you and others can get thru STS. Do you do a rotation? Or do it in order? I have only briefly looked at the rotations since I don't have it. But I keep thinking it would be great, but time and money get in the way! Do you use the STS cardio or whatever suits you for the day?

Fit mommy, I would love to hear your DVD list! I don't think I could do insanity! But T25 maybe!

Hi Ladies,

No workout to report for yesterday. This morning was Insanity CPR-Cardio, Power & Strength. At lunch will be the next STS disc, BSB. Yay, I'm working from home today. I have a meeting with my boss tomorrow as I was told in my interview I could WFH 2 days per week after 3 months. Well it's that time. I may only get to WFH (work from home) 1 day per week until my 6 months is up, I'll take it. I will mention I was offered 2 days per week in my interview though. I will get back up to 3 hours commuting time on those days!

Laura-I was checking out the new Insanity Max trailer this morning...totally motivated me to get off my duff and go w/o this morning! On the BR 30 day challenge w/o's, you skip while Lisa does the first exercise and watch what she's doing. This way you are never actually doing the same exercise as her at the same time and you just do the best you can. You don't have to keep up with her at all...which I like. Yoga is just not my thing, but should be....so I never caved on PiYo. Not sure I will since I have the new Cathe's coming and will certainly be ordering the new Insanity Max!!!! They will be awesome!

Wendy-everyone needs a rest day now and then. I don't schedule them since something usually comes up preventing me from getting my w/o on.

Jacque-Nice job with Push/Pull! I do feel stronger! Triathlon training will start in January with swimming for me. I lose a lot of strength during the summer doing so much cardio. Xtrain is on deck after I finish STS.

LL-when I don't want to workout, then I pick my favorite disc and do that, or pick a short w/o like one of the HIIT's knowing it's only 30 minutes. Month 1 Insanity are only about 40 minutes, month 2 is a bit longer. Super intense and over quickly is what I like about Insanity!

Tina-I think I read the new discs should ship sometime in November. Of course nothing is set in stone yet.

Popping back in to say I did barbell curls with 57.5#'s. Feeling STRONG!

Last edited:
Hey ladies !

Yesterday I pulled out IMax 3 and since I was a little late getting up did rounds 1 - 8 for about 40 minutes. The last couple rounds were not too pretty as Push/Pull really tuckered out my legs. This AM was Supersets. Hopefully legs will cooperate tomorrow morning for whichever cardio I end up choosing.

LL - I am just like Diana when I am not in a workout mood - go fun or fast. Many times it is step as I really like step and once I get started my motivation kicks in and I give it my all. I too am toying with Piyo as I need lower impact these days. I can't do much with my shoulders but perhaps Piyo would slowly give them additional strength. We will see how the new series turns out for strength gains.

Wendy - nice job getting it done with a bang today !

Diana - WOW ! great job with the curls again ! :) I definitely don't have the muscles I used to and it seems that even with lifting the weights I did before they are not coming back? Strength seems to be there but the size is not . . .o_O Wondering if menopause has affected me . . . :mad:

Tina - any secret to keeping up such a loooonnnnngggg rotation? Maybe this winter I will take more time in my workout room. Or if I can get up when the alarm goes off rather than hit snooze a couple of times. :D

Hey there Laura ! Hope your day went well.

Did ZWOW #1! It took me a little over 30 min, but I got thru all 3 rounds! The first time I could only do one! Maybe I'll try another. I just can't commit to a rotation, I would just get down on myself for not being able to complete it.

Jacque- Imax 3! Blast from the past, I don't have it but I have Hardcore Extreme. Maybe I should pull that out again. I just wish it had premixes.... But I also, don't really like the older ones anymore. But maybe pulling one out for the fun factor and just not doing it all if I'm short on time like Rhythmic Step or Imax 2.

Diana- Wow! You really know how to get the workouts in! I wish I could get longer or more in but I just can't. I actually set up school before 4 today and put on my wo clothes and started STS Total Body with the intention of doing all 66 min at 4:20 and I got thru the warm up but then stopped and I can't even remember why. But I never even went back to clean up my barbell, step, discs, mat and band!

Good Morning Ladies!

This morning's work out plan is one of the two new heavy weight training circuits I'm doing compliments of my job.

Friday is my WW weigh in day. I am down 5.6# and 1.9% body fat after 3 weeks on WW! YAY! :)

LL:: Check your PM's.
Diana:: I don't schedule rest days the way that I used to either but if I notice I've gone 6-8 days without a "life got in the way" rest day then I will take one even if I am able to work out that day for fear of over-training.
Jacque:: Nice job on IMAX3! I was never very good at that one. The choreography tripped me up a lot. The physical challenge of it was awesome but when I am working THAT hard I can't be bothered with tricky steps so I didn't do it often.
Di:: Fingers crossed that you get the 2 WFH days that you've got coming to you! So now that it's been three months, commute aside, how do you like the new job? So happy that you were finally able to free yourself of the other one. You deserve so much better!
Tina:: You mean that you actually buy candy to give out on Halloween?? :p I am not a fan of the whole trick or treating thing. Especially in today's day and age. I do everything in my power to NOT be around on Halloween. I know I sound like an old grouch but I just don't care for it. Luckily my son is going trick or treating with a friend and the boy's father tonight so I'm off the hook for having to take him. :p

Fit mommy, I will check them, thanks! Also, I don't like Halloween either. My oldest went trick or treating once as a toddler and it scared him. And after doing research about where Halloween came from, I can not celebrate it. So we have always gone to a Harvest Festival at a local church for games, candy and a hayride. This year we are going to Lancaster where my husband's cousin lives and having dinner together and watching a movie. I will buy some candy for the kids today. She feels the same way or maybe even more so about Halloween as I do.

Today was M1D2, 4DS kickbox only, BC upper and lower premix, and medicine ball abs. Tomorrow is a planned day off and hopefully a bike ride on Sunday. The weather is really depressing lately.

LL, GH is Greatest Hits Vol. 1. I think the reason I love STS so much is there isn't any guess work to it. The format is so easy to follow. I stress about putting rotations together and this is a no brainer.

Diana, I hope you were able to get two days to WFH each week. I wouldn't like that commute everyday. Congrats on finishing STS! :)

Jacque, I've been craving Imax 3. I'm going to put it in next weeks rotation. :)

Wendy, congratulations on your weight loss! :)

Hi Ladies,

OMG, I did not work out this morning. Too lazy to drag myself out of bed. Hopefully I can get the next STS disc done tonight-3 left to go.

LL-I've always worked out in the morning-before school/work. It's the only time I could fit it in on a consistent basis. You are worth it, schedule this time for yourself. By the way-Great Job with ZWOW!!! You don't need to go longer, short and intense will do the trick! I spent $60 on Halloween candy. I love handing out candy and seeing all the kids dressed up. I do not like the older kids coming to my door though.

Jacque-Imax 3 is a fav of mine and I seem to do it on a fairly regular basis. Prior to the this round of STS, 52.5#'s was my max on barbell curls. The days I lifted the most were when I worked out at lunch or evening. I'm guessing I'm probably stronger then than at 5am.

Wendy-Great job on WW!! You are rocking it girl!! I do love my job! I am treated so much better here. I'm definitely looking forward to WFH 2 days per week.

Tina-Hmm, I have Greatest Hits but I've never tried it. Sorry your weather isn't being cooperative. We have been in the 60's and sunny, next week it will drop into the 50's. The snow will fly in due time. I'm not quite done with STS, 3 more discs to go.

Laura-What are you up to???

Good Morning Ladies.

Got my azz kicked by my work out yesterday morning. :D

Insanity is on tap for today if I can squeeze it in but I have to work from 8 to 6 with a 2 hour "lunch break" from 11-1 so IDK if a work out will get done today. I actually don't expect to get it done so I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen....

Time to get movin'....Duty calls!
BBL!:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.