Damage Control October :)

Hello there ladies !

Popping back in to say yes yes yes the RT was a blast. Would be great to have the group join Diana and I in SD if/when it happens !:)

My flight from Las Vegas was delayed and I got to bed at 1 AM Monday. . . tired so no workout. Mon & Tues were long work days catching up and getting ready for my "work" RT Wed & Thurs where I pulled a mid-back muscle a bit just putting the doggone ironing board back in the closet! :mad: And ended up with a slight cold most likely from the two peeps sneezing and blowing noses in my row on the last airplane. Ah well, this week is over and looking forward to working out again after such a great time in Daytona.

Wendy - is the WW a points based system? Points doesn't help if I don't track my protein/carb/fat percentages too. Calories and percentages is the only way I can make progress. Great job on the loss - WOOOOOOO!

Wiggie - welcome and also so sorry for the loss of your best friend but congrats on the huge weight loss! Wow that is fantastic. You seem to get some great workouts in - nice job!

Laura - bummer about your team - maybe next game? Nice to hear you are running without issues again. The new moves were fun but we used 5 lbs. and Cathe kept saying "in the workouts you will be using a 10 lb or 12 lb weight". :eek: Not sure I will be there ! :p I did enjoy them as they seemed to always be working multiple muscles or both cardio & weight moves. Def not easy by any means . . .

LL - I am so with you on the up and down 3 - 4 lbs. I am good and get down and just one day of "cheat" which is not much, up I go again. I feel after the RT though that my pants are looser - I will take it! :p

Diana - thanks for all the Fun! It was such a blast . . . Hope you have a great time at the HM and just take it easy. I did see you in the background of one of the photos - did you see it?

Tina - but granola tastes to good! ;) Wow - almost 4,000 miles already and there are still 2 months to go in the year !

Well I hope to post a workout tomorrow . . . enjoy the evening and weekend!

Today was a 40 mile ride. I busted another cable about 10 miles from home, so I had to stand on the pedals to make it back. My bike obviously loves to eat cables, this is the third broken one this year. At least it wasn't a snapped chain. Yesterday was a 45 mile ride on my less expensive, but more reliable bike. This week is a rest week for me, so I'll be doing lots of circuits and MM a few times this week. I'm really excited to be moving onto Meso 1! :D

Jacque, I hope your back is feeling better. I worked until midnight last night and had back spasms the whole ride home. Thank goodness I feel fine today. I hope you bounced back quickly too. :)

rmrmr- is your coach thru myfitnesspal? I thought that was just an app? After I saw you 115g of protein I did a little research and it looks like I need 204g of protein. And I started a spreadsheet yesterday and came up with 195g of protein if I had 2t of peanut butter, 3 eggs, 3 links of chicken sausage, .5 oz cheese, 362g chicken breast (2.5 servings, I think about 12oz), 10z 93% ground beef, 133g sweet potato and 50g of brown rice. but my fat was 94g! And I was at 1861 calories! I'm not sure how to get that much protein and keep the calories and fat down w/o living on egg whites and chicken breast and protein shakes! The formula is 1.2g protein per #.

sunshine- ok what is RT? :) congrats on looser pants!

I did 17 min of super cuts, I just didn't have time for more yesterday. Today I did premix 1 for YogaMax, 30 min.

I still haven't preordered Ripped with Hiit but I was reading up on it yesterday and think I'm just going to have to get it but then I've been looking at Chalene's PiYo and reading the review on here about it and it sounds like a great addition to a program....I need work on food stuff. But how? I'm back to tracking and I did a bunch of freezer meals last week. I'm going to try to have a lighter school week this week, hopefully I can get better workouts in and better portion control.

morning ladies ..

BEAUTIFUL morning - sunshine and COOL - Fall is in the air for sure!!! it was 46 degrees this morning .. and to only get up to around 74 today .. and sunshine .. beautiful!

Had a good weekend .. finally was able to chill out some! no workouts to report .. DH is on LONG HOURS/nights ... and it is pretty hard to do anything when he is trying to sleep .. he basically only has a couple hours after getting up and eating and going back in .. ugh .. dont see how he does it! there has been a lot of break ins around our area lately .. so at least this way there is someone at my house day and night!

Jacque - ok .. sounds like the new workouts are gonna be tuff .. cant wait!!! she should be posting about the lengths of the workouts this week .. cant wait to see what we have in store for us .. I am SO looking forward to SHORTER workouts .. I have just about gotten away from any longer workouts .. maybe once a week I will pop in a longer one .. but the short hard intervals ones are perfect for me now!

Di - saw the pics of the RT on FB .. everyone looks great .. Wow Cathe is really gorgeous ..

Tina ... 40 miles bike ride .. and then on busted bike .. wow ..

Fembot - RT is the Cathe Road Trip

hello to all that follow!!

Today is eitehr a run .. or ZWOW longer workout ..

have a great one!

Today was FT and SC. Maybe a bike ride tonight....maybe.

Getting very excited about the new workouts! I'm stalking the forums for updates several times a day. :)

Hi Ladies,

Saturday was a BR w/o and Sunday....I completed the Rock and Roll Half marathon! Needless to say I'm a bit sore today. The knees and hamstrings are particularly sore. I'm not sure what my time was, but I'm thinking around 2:40. Nothing stellar, but considering I didn't train for it, well then it's not too shabby.

This morning was back to STS, Disc 27-Shoulders/Bi's/Tri's. Oh, my weight is up UGH. I think it's just my aching muscles holding the water from the race yesterday. Hopefully the scale will be a lot kinder tomorrow when I have to send the pick of my toes on the scale.:eek:

Good afternoon ladies !

I enjoyed my Saturday and have no workout to post about. However, I did go shopping for groceries, etc for about 2 1/2 hours and then upon returning home prepped some food in the kitchen for a couple hours until the hockey game was on. Yesterday I did an interval TM walk/jog/run for 30+ minutes for about 2.75 miles. That was a nice sweatfest. Nothing like Diana though ! :D This morning was LI Tri-sets UB. Wowsers my arms were tired on the steering wheel on my commute to work !

LL - my back is good now and didn't bother me at all during my w/o this AM . . . yippee ! I agree it is hard to get loads of protein in. I aim for about 100 gms so more of .75 - 1 per # depending on the workouts I am doing (heavy weights - more protein). Some of my favs (other than egg whites, chicken & protein powder) are edamame, nuts, hemp seeds, beef jerkey, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, ground turkey patties (I add onions & bell pepper into the mix), salmon, tuna, and shrimp and even some of the high fiber breads or tortillas have 5 - 10 grams of protein! (yummy, but sparingly for me). I don't worry too much about the fat if it is coming from healthy "real" foods. I like to balance my carbs/protein/fat pretty evenly but some days they tip one way or the other. Then throwing in lots of veggies and some fruits won't up the calories too much ! Experiment and see how it goes . . .

Laura - I am with you on lower temps during the day . . . ready for fall. Sounds like we are close to your temps but a little warmer at night right now. How long does DH have to stay on his "long day" schedule? At least you took advantage and chilled . . . that was my weekend too since hockey games were at 4 PM and 2 PM this past weekend. Cut into the days but a perfect excuse to sit and chill. I am soooo looking forward to the new workouts too ! I am more of 30 - 45 minutes these days and I am itchy to do something else. Really need to make those minutes count!

Tina - bummer about the bike issues. Are you going to do STS from beginning to end soon? I checked out the new workout posts this weekend and they look great. Didn't see anything on how much longer til shipping? Have you seen any dates recently?

Diana - Woot Woot on your HM ! I remember when I was training for my "little 10K" and one the runs was 11 miles. I did it on the TM and ended up hopping off here and there for bathroom breaks. Don't remember how long it took but I'm not sure I would have the energy to do an entire HM all at once. Great job - especially since you didn't train for it. By the way . . . I never ended up sore from the RT, did you? I felt like we worked hard ? ? ? :confused:

Hey to Miss Wendy !

Until tomorrow . . .

Hi Ladies,

My legs are feeling a bit better but still sore. This morning was CCC, just love the simplicity of that w/o! Hopefully my HR monitor will arrive sometime this week. I feel naked doing cardio without it. I'm struggling a bit getting back into STS since the RT.

My training partner is a school teacher and asked me to run in a 5k fundraiser run for her school on Saturday. Then last night I registered for a Thanksgiving Turkey Trot 10K! Sounds like I must miss running huh.

Jacque-thanks to you lady, we had tons of fun. Hope the rest of the gang can join us in SD!!! My glutes were sore for a couple days but nothing major. Hope you back feels better soon.

LL-RT is short for Road Trip. Jacque and I met up at the Cathe Road Trip in Daytona. My coach is through my gym-the Fitt Transformation Center. My coach provided me with a calorie and protein goal, the other macronutrients will fall into place if I meet my calories and protein (what they tell me). He also said not to worry if my fats are high due to healthy fats like nuts and avocado. I use My Fitness Pal to track. I'm getting between .7 and .8 grams of protein per # of bodyweight. Definitely not the 1.2 grams you mentioned. I have a protein shake made with 1 C power greens, 1 C triple berry blend (frozen berries), 1 tbs hemp seeds, 1 scoop protein powder and 2 scoops F1 (herbal life), 1 C almond milk and 1/2 C water. Lunch is usually a salad with a chicken/tuna/fish. Snacks are usually 1/2 C 0% fat greek yogurt w/1 scoop protein powder, or occasionally I'l have mini protein bar with 10-20 grams protein. Dinner is usually protein and steamed veggie. Good luck deciding between PiYo and Ripped with HIIT . They are very different types of workouts.

Wendy-way to go on making your first sale!!!! How's selling the house going? Have you been looking much? My DH is scheduling a meeting with a real estate agent to see what we need to do to our house before we can sell. I like my house and my neighborhood....although it's a long drive to work I really like where I live.

Laura-yes, the cooler temps are so much better! They do not keep my office building cool enough and I hate sweating while just sitting at my desk, UGH.

Tina-sorry about your bike, you are such a trooper! Interesting that the "old" bike is also the "more reliable" bike! Please let us know when we can expect the new w/o's!

bbl

hello ladies ..

Ystdy was a mix of ZWOW #72 and ME ..3 rounds of:
* 40 extreme mountain climbers
* 20 Alt single arm DB snatch (15#)
* 10 Turkish getups (10#)
* 10 full pushups
* 10 burpees
* 10 tricep pushups
DOMS: arms, back, shoulders! Today will probably be a run or T25 core cardio .. since the upper body is kinda fried!

Jacque - I have been LOVING the time that she is posting that the new DVD's are going to be .. so far all around 30 - 40 minutes .. WOOHOO .. that is JUST what I have been wanting!!! I bet they are gonna be action packed .. cant wait to get this series ..

Di -my office is ALWAYS freezing .. I usually wear a jacket or sweater and have my heater too .. LOL .. I need to work on my diet .. for QUALITY .. I have lost a lot of muscle - had to go today to get safety pins for my pants .. they were falling off .. have no hips to hold them up ... :eek: .. and this is not the healthy weight loss .. prbly lost muscle gained fat% .. :mad: .. STRESS .. I am trying to stay positive and trust in God that things will turn for the better soon!

Wendy .. congrats on the new PT clients .. woohoo!!!

hello to all that follow .. have a great day!

Hello there,

This morning was Party Rockin Step #2 all the way through with very little trouble. Those PRS's are definitely fast step routines that keep you moving. The other times I have done them I had a hard time keeping up and getting the routines down by today was good/good. :D

Diana - I agree on CCC as I love not doing just ab work and that one has great ab moves in between - always feel them the next day. Nice job signing up for a couple of races ! I am trying to get back into my "running shape" which is not great but I love the adrenaline feeling after a good jog/run. Slowly gaining my "speed" again. Your food plan sounds very close to mine (as I am munching on an ahi salad - DH finally cooked the tuna the right way and it is yummy leftovers!). I am thrilled that I am at the same weight I came home from the RT at with about a week with no w/o's. Now if I can slowly carve a bit more off in the next couple of months . . . :rolleyes:

Laura - Yesterday's w/o looks like a great one - thinking it is close to some of the new moves - combos with weights. And I believe they will be very action packed followed by a maniacal sweatfest ! I enjoyed T25 more than Insanity. Last year it was Xmas gifts to both me and my daughter. She loved hers also ! OMG, safety pins to hold your pants up? So does "Poochy" still fit? Hope you get back on the "healthy wagon" soon . . . a little at a time.

Wendy - Here's to a third congratulating you for your first sale ! Way to go and, like birthdays . . . here's to "many mooooorrrrre". :p

Hello to the rest . . . hope the week is treating you all well.

LIS: Upper Body Trisets Express today, I was planning on doing the whole 56 min earlier today, but 2 sets in after the warm up, I had to pause and get dinner going. But I did come back to it!! 19 min is better than none!!

Yesterday's workout was a hike in the hilly woods behind my house with all 4 boys. I have lightened up school this week. So it's funny you say that Katie! I hope to get some exercise daily this week. But I fear I'm coming down with a cold. Little K is sneezing out lots of stuff right now.

Curious to know: what is your favorite non Cathe workout(s)? While we are at it, what is your fave top 3 Cathe workouts? and why? I don't have any non Cathe workouts except for The Firm from 2004, Urban Rebounding and Giam Pilates (AM, PM and Cardio Pilates), all of which I don't touch anymore. The Cathe workouts that I keep coming back to are Burn Sets, AOLIH, (really many of the XTrains except for Hard Strikes) X10, YogaMax, TTM and CF. OK so that was more than 3 but you get the idea. I'm liking anything from HiiT and newer pretty much.

rmrmr- thanks for the info about food stuff. I may try to rework the protein using your guide. So fun about the RT! I would love to try one some day!

Off to bed!!

Hello Ladies. :)

Yesterday's work out was short n sweet but no easy::
8@10 off / 20 on of running and walking mountain climbers.
8@ 10 off 20 on of speed squats and jump squats.
8@10 off/ 20 on of ice skaters and jumping lunges.
8@ 10 off/ 20 on of burpees w/o push up or jump aka squat thrusts.

Today I will do a full work out since I have the day off.

On the weight loss front - all is going beautifully! Checked my weight and bf% yesterday and both are DOWN again! Woot! :D

I STILL haven't started work at the YMCA yet. The hiring process there is ridiculously involved and slooooooowwwwww! UGH! As frustrating as it is, it's also nice because once I start I won't have wednesday off anymore so I'm enjoying every minute of today....:eek:

Now that I've broken the ice so to speak at the gym by selling my first PTM, I am hoping that things progress there relatively quickly so that I don't have to hold down three jobs to make any kind of money. I quit my desk job so that I wouldn't have to work so much and I still feel like I'm busting my azz for very little return on my time! Something has to give and sooner rather then later! :rolleyes:

Ok, enough complaining!
I'll be back after my work out with personals!:cool:

Yesterday was MM upper body and abs w/ DH and a 4.5 mile walk. Today was TTM extreme premix and BC upper/lower only premix. DH wants to do STS plyo legs tonight. So much for my rest week. I'm feeling really good, so I'm going to roll with it.

LL, the only other instructors I ever reach for are Amy Bento Ross and Michelle Dozois. My favorite Cathe workouts are ever changing. I've recently become a Hiit convert, which when it first became popular, I totally disliked it. I didn't think I'd ever change my mind on it, but suddenly I reach for that style workout all the time. The STS program is by far my favorite and best fitness purchase ever.

DS finally is below 200 lbs. I took him clothes shopping yesterday and he went from a size 38 to a size 33! He's is so excited! :)

Morning Ladies ..

so yesterday I went to get dressed for my workout - FORGOT MY SPORTS BRA :mad: - UGH so ystdy was forced rest day -I went on home and was able to take the babies for a ride real quick - today I am working from barely any sleep - been up since 3:30 .. the dogs were barking up a storm .. some varmit I guess .. got in the fence and escaped under it .. and they were having a fit - Brutus would not shut up ... I was out in the cold and dark w/a flashlite at 4:00 this morning .. gggrrrrrrrrr ... yes I walked out mad .. then after I got to where they were .. thought .. OK .. this is something you see the stupid people do in horror shows .. walk out in the dark .. no protection .. STUPID ... especially being since there have been robberies going on - I am tired . . but I WILL be working out today .. thinking T-25 core cardio that I was gonna do yesterday!

Jacque - congrats on the weight!!! LOL - I am still POOCHY - although I have lost my POOCH in the butt :( well it is still there . . but it is a LOT smaller o_O ... I LOVE T-25 ..so much better than Insanity .. and he has a new series coming out .. all 30 minute workouts .. with a modifier! WOOHOO .. cant wait!!! and the more Cathe posts about the new workouts the better I like them .. all shorter .. 30 - 40 minutes .. that is JUST RIGHT!!!

LL - my non-Cathe favs are T-25 and Zuzka (ZWOW's) .. I also like P90x3 .. you gotta like Tony if you get those tho!! LOL

Wendy - enjoy your last WED off ... great workout! and I am sure you will get more PTM's ..

hello to all that follow ... I better run .. have a good one!

Hi Ladies,

This morning was BR Day 30 of the 30 Day Challenge. Still struggling motivating myself to finish STS. I think it's because the MESO 3 w/o's are so long. I'm a finisher and can't fathom being this close to finishing without actually completing. Having said that, tonight will probably be the next disc-its Chest/Back and 67 minutes long. Tomorrow morning could then be plyo legs since it's shorter.

Laura-OMG, I'm a chicken and would've sent DH outside. I guess that wasn't an option if DH is working nights though. Hope you sleep well tonight!

Tina-Woo Hoo, DS is doing amazing!!! MM is a fav of mine although I haven't done it forever it seems. Your bike rides put my bike rides to shame!

LL-I'm a Shawn T. fan as well. Insanity is right up my ally, super tough though and I have to be in the right mind set for that. I also enjoy Amy Bento and Bob Harper. As far as Cathe goes, I love stepping-IMAX 3, BM, BM2, Intensity, Rhythmic Step are just a few that come to mind right off the bat. This year though I've actually been doing a lot more circuit type w/o's. Prior to that, my preference was to do either cardio or weights on a particular day.

Wendy-awesome job on WW!!! You are doing some tough w/o's missy!

Wiggie-what are you up to???

Thanks for the responses, rmrmr, poochy and fembot!

Rmrmr- I have loved the ones you mentioned (BM2 and RS) but I haven't turned to them in forever. I wish there were shorter premixes for BM2 and any premixes for RS. Intensity I own too, but not the others. Maybe I should pull those out again...

Poochy- I've looked at T25 A LOT, but I just can't bring myself to put money into something that I can't really see. I love that I can watch Cathe's DVDs before hand and get a lot of description. I feel the BB products are probably awesome, but I can't tell but 20 second snippets that I've seen on youtube....

Fembot- I feel like I know that Michele D name, I think I may have had buns of steel or something that had her and 3 other ladies in it? I just googled around and found a buns and abs of steel 2000 and the cover looked familiar but I can't tell who was in it.

I finally bit the bullet and purchased the new DVDs!!!!! I had been saving an $85 check from my bday (in March) for a fall facial, but I don't know when I'll be able to get out to Reading (45 min away) for a while. I did win a BB challenge and the coach will get me the PiYo base pack, when she can (single mom).

And I got in 30 min of TurboBarre in before dinner and just finished up the rest!! I've never done the whole wo before! Mainly due to time. The floor work was especially hard, I couldn't do all the push ups on my knees and it didn't help that my lower back is bothering me. But not enough to have me not workout thankfully, since it hurts while doing normal activities like walking and driving...the chiro thinks it's more muscle soreness than my spine needing adjustments. And he gave me a homeopathic muscle relaxant called formula 303.

Enjoying some 88% dark chocolate!

Good Morning. :)

I didn't have time to get back here y'day but I'm here now and even up a littler earlier then usual this morning!

So y'day started a new round of weight work outs. Here's what I did::

20@20 off/35 on of Sand Bag Squat, Split Stance DB Squat R (aka stationary lunge), Mountain Climber Push Up, Split Stance DB Squat L, Alt Slide Arm Reach.
and
20@20 off/35 on of Split Stance Bent Over 1 Arm DB Row R then L, Meat Slicer (core exercise in push up position using sliders), Alt KB Pick Up, DB Renegade Row.

This morning I plan on doing a Month 1 Insanity work out! I must be insane! :p:eek:

Tina:: Congrats to DS and to you and DH as well for being such awesome roles model for him!

Di:: Nope, NOTHING has gone on with the house since we got back from vacation at the end of August. UGH. So you are loving BR I see! :)

Jacque:: WW essentially counts the macros for you so you only have to track one number instead of 3 or 4. It also sets your target point value so it takes the guess work out. That's why I love it! Oh! And let's not forget the fact that IT WORKS! lol

LL:: Sorry I can't answer your Cathe question. I haven't done much if any of her stuff in quite some time. As for non-Cathe instructors, the last one I did was Tracy Anderson. I liked it but it takes a lot of patience to be able to get through her work outs. DEFINITELY not for everyone. Ask Di about them! ;) Once I drop the extra pesky pounds I have on me I am going to go back to her for a bit I think. Definite change of pace from heavy lifting! LOL

Laura:: I have forgotten my sports bra and it doesn't stop me! This is not a GOOD thing though! LOL We have a noreaster pummeling us since tuesday night/early yesterday morning. It's scheduled to leave the area today at some point. Good riddance!

Hi Ladies,

Last night was Chest/Back and this morning was Plyo Legs as planned! Love it when my plan works out. Tomorrow will probably be BR Day 25 that I missed and maybe even the next STS disc tomorrow night. Saturday is a 5K run that should be fun.

LL-I'm thinking the new series will work great for you since most of them are in the 30-45 minute range. Month 1 of Insanity is about 40 minutes. If you have any knee, feet, or back issues though they may not be to your liking. They are very high impact and intense, but I love Shawn T. T-25 is also shorter-30 minutes. You can find the T-25 w/o's on youtube.

Wendy-sorry there's not much going on in the house front. Fall is a hard time to sell though. TA is hard to follow, but burned my glutes so good! I may join you on Insanity-M1. They could be nice to do in between my STS days.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

Heya ladies !

Missed checking in y'day as I caught up on a year's worth of personnel filing while I ate my mega salad. UGH! But it is now done and I also purged a few files so I am a happy camper on the work front.

Yesterday was Tri sets Lower Body and this morning I did Afterburn Double Trouble. Legs were getting waaayyy tooooo tired so ended up doing just over half and stopped. Can feel them every time I get up from my chair so all good !:D

LL - way to complete your tri sets after getting dinner. I am also a Cathe fan along with Shaun T. Insanity gives me a back ache after a week or two but T 25 was easier on me with the same results. My favorite type of workouts at this time are the HiiT and cardio/weight combos as I like the shorter workouts like Laura. Too many years of 1+ hour workouts which I loved back then have worn me down. As I have gotten older I like the shorter ones without using too heavy of weights.

Wendy - nice workouts as always. Sorry for the lengthy hiring process at the Y . . . don't they know what they are missing out on !:p Hopefully your new client can spread the word for you . . . testimonials are wonderful marketing tools. Congrats on the losses - the WW point system didn't work for me because carbs are not my friends unless they come in the way of veggies or fruits. Macro counting is where I need to go these days. Most of the time I don't track but have gotten accustomed to what I am taking in so when I do track it comes out fine. Hope something moves forward on the house front for you soon !

Tina - so nice you have a workout hubby - mine will hardly take more than a 15 minute walk and that is only because we have a puppy he is head over heels about. ;) Great that he is doing so well with you as a mentor. I like MM followed by ME or vice versa as two of my weight workouts for the week.

Diana - I keep starting STS too but never make it nearly as far as you. I am not a fan of long workouts and many times stop with a round or two left - I get too antsy to move on to something else. Still helps build my strength though. I am more into using them for a week and going to a different weight series. I do love the Plyo Legs though and add them in as a leg workout alot. Have fun with your 5K if I don't get back here tomorrow . . .

Laura - Bummer about your "wardrobe issues" . . . at least you did something when you made it home. LOL about the varmit but sorry for the lack of sleep. My puppy wakes me in the middle of the night sometimes and then I can't get enough sleep either. The next day sure drags after a night like that. Guess I need to check out ST's new workouts, huh? Hope today went much better for you.

Have a great evening ladies!

Thanks for all the input!

I just finished YogaMax. I'm really liking that one more and more, especially the balance moves, they are a challenge for me. And I've been really into the LIS this week. I'm happy not to be stuck on a rotation!

Gotta get to bed! JTrain has an all day volleyball tournament tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.