Damage Control October :)

Good Morning Ladies.

So I've officially decided to re-join WW online. It worked so well when I did it last time. It was time consuming but worth it in the end. I've tried other avenues but nothing has worked nearly as well...if at all. :oops: I think I NEED to tracking system. I NEED to know when I've eaten enough. I NEED to know when to say when otherwise I fail. :(

That being said, I'm signing up tmrw when I get home from Atlantic City. DH and I are leaving this afternoon to go down there to see Rascal Flatts in concert. Coming home in the morning. :)

Today may end up being a rest day. Not sure if I'll have time for a workout before we leave later....

BBL or tmrw!:cool:

Hi Ladies. :)

No work outs for me this weekend. No time y'day and just too flippin' tired today.

So I pulled the trigger, Wiggie. I just signed up for WW online! I will start tracking tmrw! Very excited to finally see some of this weight come off!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. BBITAM!:cool:

Our ride on Saturday was cut short by rain. We did manage 30 miles, but it took most of the morning to get our core temps back up, burrrr! Sunday was a sunny 57 mile ride. This week is the last week of Meso 2. I can't wait to start Meso 1, which is my favorite! DH just mentioned he wanted to start a round of STS together, so I had to confess to my summer preorder (whoops, slipped my mind) and that we should try the new DVD's together. I love STS, but five months is a loooong time.

Wiggie, where are you! :)

Diana and Jacque, how was the road trip? I looked through the photos for you, but couldn't find you. Tell us all about it! :)

Wendy, I've been tossing around the online WW for awhile now. I'd like to join with my mom and DS. I'm going to look it over. You've had good luck with it in the past? I need to reel in my snacking some how.

BBL. Have a great day. :)

Hi Ladies,

I'm back from the RT! Jacque and I had a blast. We ended up changing rooms and getting an ocean front with a balcony. It was totally worth it! I'm at work but will try to post the "happenings of the weekend" tonight when I'm home.

Welcome Wiggie!!

bbl

Hello Everyone & thanks for the warm welcomes!!
My workouts went as follows:
Fri-Addiction #3(heavy bag)
Sat-Fire 45
Sun-Firm Express/Accelerate Sculpt
Wendy: I am joining WW tonight!!
Diana: Can't wait to hear about the RT!!
Fembot: WW always works for me, that is how I lost the majority of my weight.

I am regaining my focus, this is the best I've felt since my DH died in March. I still have some bad days, but not as many. Ladies like you help keep me motivated. :)

This is tonight's dinner:: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/09/buffalo-chicken-and-bean-chili.html#more

This was this morning's work out:: 8@10 off/ 20 on of hand 2 hand swings (light weight) then...
15@18 off/34 on of Rear Foot Elevated Squat R, 2 arm DB row, Rear Foot Elevated Squat L, Squat to DB Shldr Press, 1 Arm Swing (heavy).

Not working tonight. Have to go get my cpr/aed cert renewed. Woo hoo. NOT! :p

Glad to see that you finally made it here Miss Wiggie!

Welcome Back Diana! Glad you and Jacque had a blast on the RT!

Tina - Yes, I had amazing results with WW! I did it in conjunction with the STS 6 month rotation and it was awesome-sauce!:DCheck out the website that I got the recipe from above. She pre-calculates the WW points for you! Everything I've made is delicious!

BBL!:cool:

This morning's work out::

8@15/15-light hand to hand swing.
5@18/34-alligator drag, kb pick up, plank saw, db swimmer, squat to row.
8@15/15-forward/backward crawl, lateral crawl.
5@18/34-squat to row, db swimmer, plank saw, kb pick up, alligator drag.

Today was CSS, extreme premix. I'm a big old sweaty mess! Hopefully a short bike ride tonight.

Okay Ladies, I'm still waiting for details. You must both be EXHAUSTED! :)

morning Ladies ..

had a good weekend - AU ballgame WE LOST :eek::oops::( we didnt even look like the same team .. oh well .. hope to regroup and come back from it to go on to win the rest of the season ;) no workouts over the weekend .. lots of CABS .. and CLEANING house .. Ystdy .. had all day meeting but then got out early so i went home and did Cathe/lean legs and abs .. yowza .. can tell I have not been doing my Cathe workouts .. DOMS: core and a bit into the hammies!! tonight will prbly be a ZWOW

It stormed BAD all night last night - I am working on NO SLEEP - had lots of lightning and heavy rain!!it is stil raining now .. dreary out .. ugh!

Di and Jacque - yes please report from the RT - I am sure she did some of the moves in the new workouts ... the pics she is putting out look amazing .. cant wait!

Welcome Wiggie -

Wendy - Great workouts AS USUAL!

Tina - 100 miles .. wow .. amazing!! we are supposed to get some cooler temps here too ... not COLD .. just not 90 degrees .. LOL!

have a great one ..

Today is my day off....soon to be a distant memory coz once I start at the Y I'll have NO full days off to speak of so I'm taking advantage of this one! LOL

Anyway, WW is going well so far...weight is consistently creeping in the right direction since starting and I feel good. Tracking can be a pain, as always, but I know it'll be worth it when my clothes fit better because my weight is back where it should be!

Have to hit the gym this afternoon b/c one of my coworkers is going to let me use her to practice my Demo Class that happens tmrw morning. I'm trying to drum up people for a small group class at the gym. It runs once or twice a week for six weeks and I get 50% of all monies collected. It's a minimum of 3 people needed to start a class so that's $40 per session/hour for me to run it. If more people sign up (limit of 8), the $$ only goes UP UP UP! :D So anyway, this demo class is a short, free version of it that is meant to help drum up interest and get people to sign up for it. FINGERS CROSSED!!!!

And more good news! I can't take credit for selling it but I have my first personal training client at the gym starting on Monday. My boss has a client whom he can no longer train due to a change in her schedule. The times she can train don't match up with his availability but they match up with mine so I'm inheriting her! YAY!:D:D:D

That's about it for now but I'll be back later on after I work out.

Happy Hump Day!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was a BodyRock circuit-60 minutes and this morning was half of STS disc 25 C&B. I slept in and didn't have time to finish it all. I'm doing the second half tonight. Since my equipment including the barbell weight and power tower were all ready to go I opted to do as much as I could and finish tonight. 2 of the 4 rounds were done the this morning, the other 2 rounds will be completed tonight.

My HR monitor has been sent in and I expect to get it back sometime next week. It doesn't usually take too long, but I do feel naked doing cardio without it.

As promised-our Daytona weekend was fantastic. Thursday I met up with 2 other cathletes at the airport and then waited for Jacque to arrive a bit later. We rented a car and drove an hour and a half to Daytona. Our ocean view room was great, the balcony and views were amazing!!! Our first class was kickboxing and I was one of the lucky names drawn to w/o in the front of the class. It turns out that everyone in our group was called over the course of the weekend! The stretch class was later that evening followed by a Q&A session by the firepit. Saturday started with an all out cardio class that I thoroughly enjoyed! The second and third classes of the day were circuit based where she debuted some of the new moves ala the 1 legged burpee! Sunday was bootcamp on the beach! At one point we all in a big circle with Cathe in the middle and folks could run into the center and pick whatever moves they wanted the class to do, there 1 legged burpees, plie jacks, scissor/scissor tuck jump etc. It was fun. Cathe is very down to earth! We met a lot of nice folks and Cathe mentioned there may be another San Diego RT next year. Jacque and I are keeping that in mind for a destination RT next year.

Tina-every time you say "short bike ride", hhhmmm-what does Tina consider a short ride???? CSS extreme premix-I'll have to check that out. Whether or not you decide to do WW, you should check out the skinny taste site. ITA with Wendy, all her recipes that I've tried are delicious!

Wiggie-great job with PRS!!! Good luck with WW! I'm sort of a WW junkie. I actually just cancelled my membership a month ago, but lost 20lbs over about 10 mos. Currently I'm following a nutrition program provided by my coach at a new gym I've started attending.

Wendy-your demo class sounds a little like the "holiday meltdown" and "Spring Fitness Challenge" my rec ctr has. I think they are capped at 12-16 people. We do a lot of stair running, track running, bosu, tubing, weights etc. Congrats on getting a new client.

Hi Jacque, LL and Laura...bbl

Today was M2D23 and LLA. We did manage a night ride last night. A better bike light has gone to the top of my shopping list, I could barely see when DH got too far ahead of me. :eek: I'm getting really close to 4000 miles for this year, which will be a record for me. :D

Diana, your weekend sounds amazing! Did she show any clips from the new workouts? How did you ever get up in front of the class with her, I'd be a befuddled mess. I searched all the photos, but wasn't able to find either of you. I only know your faces from the tiny avatars on here. Thanks for posting the details. :)

Wiggie, holy cow, have you really lost 122lbs? That is AMAZING!!:) You must feel like a new person. How did you do it? My DS is trying to lose 50 and just lost the first 20. He keeps commenting on how he feels totally different.

Happy to report I got a workout in today! After our co op classes, we stayed for lunch and play (some in the gym and some in the rain!) and then one of the mom's took my 2 middle boys to her house (she has 4 boys!) and my oldest had to stay for volleyball practice. So I had only 1 child (age 3) with me for end of the afternoon. Now I didn't get home before 3:30, but I did get to clean up the kitchen, mess around on the computer and then do X10 Low impact 24 min. I got 7.5 hours of sleep last night but couldn't get up to save my life and have a workout! I was not in the mood to workout as today was so dreary, balmy then chilly and balmy again, odd weather. So I though a shortish low impact would be doable (my other thoughts were Party Rockin Step, CF or even Intensity (step only) or Low Impact Challenge) I'm happy with what I did, I was so sweaty, a lot tougher workout than I remember!

Food wise, I'm still doing terrible, I keep gaining and losing the same 3-4 pounds and I'm currently up to 170! At 5'9" that just puts me out of my range. :( I'm back to tracking weight watchers style instead of 21 day fix container style. I'm not sure I'm ever going to get the weight off. I was hoping to be under 160 by my 25 year reunion Thanksgiving weekend...I keep telling myself to try to track perfectly meaning stay w/in my points (and using allowance and activity points if I want) for 3 weeks straight. Totally measuring and weighing and writing stuff down, drinking my water and exercise 3-5 times a week, it should come off right??? Well, I can't seem to do the food part, and the water part is sporadic and even my exercise has been off. My last workout was TTM on Saturday and before that was the Saturday before!!!

Morning Ladies ...

I thought I posted ystdy - but i dont see it .. not sure what happened! Tuesday I did ZWOW #118 but my spin on it - 3 rounds - *1 leg deadlift into front kick and side kick 10 each side * one arm burpee/pushup into bridge and crab into squat and jump up (5 L and 5 R) * side lunge - knee jump in 20 reps * and added mountain climbers on disc/full pushups/and knee tricep dips .. was a GREAT workout - Ystdy was a run - it is cooler out and feels awesome outside .. it was shorter run .. but good none the less. Today will be Pi-Yo/Sweat -

Di - so the new moves .. do you think the workouts you did were a sort of pre-view to the new workouts coming out? and did you like it? the pics look awesome and tuff .. cant wait for shorter Cathe workouts!! So she draws names for who is in front of class? I always wondered about that ..the workshops I used to go to .. the girls would fight for the front spots and they were always the same kind of girls - thinking they were Miss Fitness USA .:rolleyes:. HA!! had to laugh!! I would be SO INTIMIDATED and down right scared to be in front w/Cathe .. LOL!

Tina - ITA w/Wendy - your idea of a short ride .. HA .. would kill me .. about like Lori's short runs ... HA!! ya right!! LOL 4,000 miles .. wow .. congrats!! my butt hurts just thinking about it!! LOL

Wendy - how did the demo class go? I am sure you rocked it .. that is some good pay for classes .. wow!! ..and congrats on getting a new client .. woohoo!!!

Wiggie - sorry about losing your husband .. that is so sad! and happier note .. congrats on the major weight loss .. wow.. that is AWESOME .. keep up the good work!!

Ok .. better run .. get some work done ..have a "lunch and learn" meeting today .. guh! o_O fun o_Ohave a great one ..

Today was S&G. I was going to make it a rest day, but thought better of it. My arch nemesis "granola" has been creeping into my cereal bowl all week. I will not be buying any more of that temptress. :(

Wiggie, I missed your first post. I'm so sorry for your loss. Do you have children? I hope you have people nearby for comfort. It's great to have you joining us.

I hope you all have a great day. :)

Hi Ladies,

This morning was STS disc 26-Plyo Legs. My training partner who is recovering from hip misalignment (treatments to realign her hips and has been in terrible pain)is planning on doing our scheduled HM this weekend. I may run the first 6 miles and walk after that. I'm not sure what the time deadline is but it is possible that I will not cross the finish line. I'm okay with that as I do not want to risk an injury.

I was not on stage with Cathe, just in the front row of the class facing Cathe who was up on the stage....and there were 15 of us. I think in the the first couple classes she did have folks come up on stage with her.

Tina-there were not any video clips. Our w/o's included some of the new moves from her new series coming out. Way to go reaching 4,000 miles, that is awesome!!!!

LL-My weight has been a struggle most of my adult life. I'm tracking on myfitnesspal and am trying to follow the guidelines provided by my coach (115 grams of protein and 1400-1500 cals). You have a lot going on in your life, be kind to yourself.

Wiggie-so sorry to hear of your loss. Can you tell us a little about yourself? I'm a wife(26yrs), mother to 3 sons and 2 granddaughters.

Hi Ladies,

Hhmmm, not sure what's going on with the forums. It took me forever to write the post above, when I tried to post I got an error and that was yesterday afternoon. Interesting that it was available for me to post this morning.

No workout to report this morning. I just slept in, a habit that needs to be broken quickly. Perhaps I'll do something tonight.

bbl

Ok...time to catch up on my work out report!

Wednesday's workout was courtesy of The Training Rim. K.I.C.K.A.S.S. heavy weight training circuit followed by three rounds of tabata training! 60 mins total. (basically the full length version of all of the shorter work outs I have been doing for the last month.) Can I get a WOOOO!?

Yesterday was this -16@18/34:: squat curl, one arm db speed squat, perfect push ups, one arm swing.

Today's work out focused mostly in core and upper body b/c my legs are very sore. I actually went to the studio to work out so I had access to a cable cross and a couple other things I can't do at home. Makes a huge difference! Here's what I did-
15@18/34:: cable squat row, half kneeling cable side press, quad crawl (bear crawl in a specific pattern), squat to 2 db shoulder press then...
8@10/20:: med ball slams from elevation, split stance double wave rope.

I think a rest day is an order soon...if not this weekend then definitely Monday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.