Damage Control October :)

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

Can you believe it's already October! Yesterday was a rest day for me. This morning was BR day 18 I think. 50 minutes of hard work is what it was! Tomorrow will be back to STS. The RT should fall during my active rest week between meso 2 and 3.

Laura-glad to hear you enjoyed your run and the knee cooperated! I do miss having running in my exercise rotation. Perhaps I'll figure out some way to fit it back in, but for now I'm busy with STS and BR. It's almost time to sign up for the Holiday Meltdown class.

Wendy-you are definitely rockin' the w/o's! We are hoping to get a preview of new ripped with HIIT on the RT. Yes, it's a little daunting having to send the weekly stats to the coach, but it keeps me accountable. I have been going over my calorie goal everyday for the past week I think. It seems I eat all my calories before dinner time. Honestly 1400-1500 calis not much IMO.

Tina-sorry DS is not feeling well. You got in a ton mileage over the weekend, and kayaking too! You are amazing!

Jacque-MFP has a huge food database and probably most if not all of your food is already in there. That's what I found when I switched. Create an account and check it out. Can't wait to see you!!!!

LL-what are you up to?

bbl

Hello Ladies ..

I am STILL sore ..LOL .. I did Pi-yo upper body ystdy - I dont think I will ever master all those full tricep pushups :eek: today will either be a rest day or ZWOW .. not sure yet .. my head is all stuffed up .. think it is the golden rod that is blooming everywhere .. ears ringing and head stuffy .. ugh .. BETTER NOT BE GETTING SICK!

Di - yup OCTOBER .. hard to believe .. I hope 2015 is a better year for me ... these last 2 - 3 years have taken it's toll on me! RT is your active rest week .. HA o_O:D .. that will bring new meaning to the word ACTIVE .. LOL .. the pics from the new workouts .. look good ...I see one that looks like a "one arm burpee" picture .. yikes!! Cathe jumping on the burpee bandwagon .. yikes I am scared!

Hello to all that follow .. have a great one!

What was I thinking, doing TTM and then a 20+ mile bike ride while suffering from lower body DOMS. It hurts to get up out of a chair today. Thankfully I only have STS upper body to do today. Tomorrow is a planned day off. Monday is our anniversary ride, so I need to be rested up for those kind of miles. :)

Diana, good timing on the STS rest week! I love when things fall into place like that. I know you've done a few road trips in the past, will you have time to get some sun in while you're there?

Wendy, everyone in our house (except me) is suffering from either allergies or a cold. The tissue consumption is historic in here. :/

Have a great weekend. I'll check back in on Tuesday. :)

Hi Ladies,

This morning was STS Back and Biceps.

Laura-those darn tricep pushups are sssoooo hard! I can do partials on my toes, but for full tricep pushups I'm usually on my knees and they are still tough. I saw what looked like the "one arm burpee" too! 2015 will be a great year!!!

Tina-Happy Anniversary!!! Sad to say that I haven't been on my bike since I got my bike computer. Hopefully soon though. Fortunately the weather is pretty mild in CO so riding in the winter is okay unless there is snow or ice on the ground. We won't have a ton of time, but there will be a few spots of downtime where we can hang out on the beach etc. I'm really glad my flight is on Thursday and not Friday.

Wendy-you are really workin' it this week! Keep up the good work...inspiring me too!!

LL-you must be busy with the kiddo's, check in when you can.

Jacque-.....it's getting close now.

bbl

Extra long weekend work out for me yesterday::
15@18 off/34 on-2 Hand DB Squat to Shldr Press, KB Sliding Rev Lunge, GH alt Lateral Band Reach, KB Sliding Rev Lunge, Bear Crawl.
15@18 off/34 on -1 Arm Split Stance DB Row, Side Plank, Alt Disc Reach, Lateral Band Squat, Alt Myagis and extra round of DB Row and Side Plank to make Right and Left sides even.
Then 8@10off/20on - Skaters, walking mountain climbers, 1 arm swings, spd squats.
8@10 off/20 on - Lateral Bear Crawl, Burpees..., Lateral Bear Crawl, Jumping Lunges.
8@15 off/15 on - Squat Hold, Floor Bridge.

Today is my rest day since y'day made 6 work outs in a row for me. :)

Tomorrow I don't have to work at the studio at night so I'm going to try to get there for a team training work out. I finally have the chance to participate instead of run it. YAY! :)

Di:: Thanks! I am trying to fight back against the weight I've gained. :( I adjusted my diet too but this weekend I didn't do so hot with that. Pizza Friday night for dinner and then I was snacking on tortilla chips while watching a movie last night. UGH. :mad:

Tina:: I hope your family feels better soon!

Laura:: Somewhere along the line my body decided it was able to do a full tricep push up! I was shocked! Can't do more then a couple at a time though!

BBL!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

Let's see-Saturday was STS Chest/Shoulders/Triceps and Imax 3! Sunday was STS Legs and BodyRock HIIT Max days 1-4 (with a 10lb vest). My legs are sore today. Tomorrow will be the last STS Disc for Meso 2.

I was too tired to get up today and w/o. Probably because I was up at 4:30 am yesterday. I'm going to try to workout tonight, but no guarantees. I also packed for Daytona!!!! I'm super excited about that.

Wendy-nice workouts lady! I can do a couple full tricep pushups, but that's it. I usually do them on my knees so I can get full range of motion for more reps. Tortilla chips are evil! I never buy them as I will eat the whole bag, no kidding. I've been going over my calorie goal as of late. I'm getting the protein goal but am over on total calories.

Hi LL, Laura, Tina & Jacque!

I actually worked out last night at the studio during the 7pm group session with the gals I usually train. Finally had a night off that was conducive to working out there so I took advantage!
15@18/34::squat/shldr press, slider rev lunge, lateral hand walkout and push up with band, slider rev lunge, bear crawl.
15@18/34::2 arm split stance high cable row, half kneeling cable side press, alt arm slide reach, alt lateral band squat, s...tability ball circles.
8@10/20::1 arm swing, burpee.
8@10/20::1 arm swing, crawl, 1 arm swing, burpee.
8@15/15::squat hold, mid range push up position hold.

Sore today. I went to bed only 90 minutes after the work out ended so I'm stiff as a board this morning!:eek:

Fantastic extended weekend! Saturday was workout free, except for my 10 hours of cleaning. Sunday was a 54 mile ride and yesterday was our anniversary ride. It ended up being 68 miles with a beautiful detour around Newcastle island. The Nubble lighthouse was so crowded, it looked like the mall the day before Christmas. We managed to sit on our usual bench and enjoyed our energy bars, very romantic. The Garmin said 3500 calories were burned and we proceeded to go out to a family dinner and consumed about 5000 calories. We rolled out of the restaurant swearing off ice cream for decades. I'm not sure how big of a chain Flatbreads is, but if you have one near by, try the apple cider donut-covered in carmel sauce ice cream and whipped cream dessert! :)

Diana, tortilla chips are a no-no for me too. I could make a meal out of chips, guacamole, and salsa everyday. I'm getting excited for your Daytona trip, I'm expecting some fantastic photos from you and Jacque.

All of the new workout updates are motivating me through the final phases of STS. I'm so pumped for these next workouts, the crew looks fantastic!

Off to do M2D19 and some abs. Maybe a quick 20 minute nap after DS goes to work. ;)

Quite sore this morning so I just did 3 Tabata Rounds to get the blood pumping for a bit...

1. 8@10/20 of forward/back and lateral crawls.(this one killed me!!!)
2. 8@10/20 of speed squats and iceskaters.
3. 8@15/15 of split stance squat hold and jumping lunges.

Tmrw it's back to my regularly scheduled program! :cool:

Hello Ladies -

no workouts to report from the weekend - had a long weekend - trip to the beach - then ballgames all day/night SAT . . then MUCH cleaning to do Sunday - Got sad news that my cousin died SUN night (so tired of getting bad/sad news) ... so sad .. only 41 .. so young ... supposedly had heart attack .. so ystdy I went for another run .. to clear the head ... felt great! Today will be ZWOW -

Di - I am good for a couple regular tricep pushups .. then it is to the knees for me .. she not only does a ton of them but then most of the rest of the workout is done in plank or side plank position .. eeeoooouch!! My arms will be QUAKING .. LOL .... so the Daytona trip is this weekend? Wow I know you are excited

Tina - 68 miles on a bike .. eeeouch!!! WOW .. awesome job .. had to laugh about you ROLLING out of the restaurant .. LOL ..that dessert sounds EVIL!!! never heard of that chain .. must not have any around here (that I know of) - yes - the pics of the workouts are getting me excited .. they are looking super tuff tho!!

Wendy - AWESOME workouts .. wow .. you are killing it!!

BLOOD MOON and ECLIPSE tonight .. EEEEEEK!!!

OK .. better run ..

Hi Ladies,

Last night I did cardio!!!! BR day 23 to be exact. This morning was disc 24 and Meso 2 is in the bag! I hurt my back again, UGH. Tomorrow will be a cardio day, leaning towards Intensity or BM2 Cardio Blast premix. My HR monitor quit working during the middle of my w/o. The receiver needs a new batter which means I need to send it back to polar.

Wendy-your w/o's are amazing!!

Tina-Glad you were able to enjoy your anniversary ride, dinner and dessert! That dessert sounds delicious! I wouldn't worry about the special anniversary dinner. It's only 1 meal. I haven't heard of that chain either. I too am looking forward to the new w/o's! I'm hoping we get a preview of them on the RT!

Laura-so sorry to hear about your cousin. HUGS Sounds like you had an awesome weekend!

waving hello to LL and Jacque!

Good Morning Ladies. :)

Today I have off from the gym but I work tonight at the studio for a couple of hours. I have to be at the YMCA at 1:00pm to continue the hiring process ..Other then that, the day is mine. :D

I will work out after I drop DS off at school in an hour. I think it'll be another long one since I'll have the time! :)

Di:: Is the Polar HRM worth the trouble having to send it back to the company every time it needs a new battery, etc? Seems like it could get annoying. :mad: Is it?? Thanks re my work outs but I can only take credit for DOING them. Most of what I have been doing in this rotation comes from this month's team training work outs at the studio. I just adjust them for the time and equipment I have.

Laura:: Big HUGS to you. So sorry about your cousin. :(

Tina:: TEN HOURS OF CLEANING??? Seriously??? :eek::eek::eek:

BBL to report my work out!:cool:

This morning's work out felt great!!!!:::
15@18 off/34 on---Alt DB Reverse Lunges, DB Front Squat, MB Push Up, DB Front Squat other side, Quad Bear Crawl.
15@18 off/34 on---Bent Over 2 DB Row, DB Swimmer, Plank Saw, 2 KB Pick Up, Alligator Drag.
8@10 off/20 on--Ice Skaters, (Imaginary) Battle Ropes Double Wave.
8@10 off/20 on--Alt Lunge with MB Rotation, Squat Jump w/Goblet Hold MB....
8@15 off/15on--Floor Bridge, Push Position Hold with Alt Triple Extensions

Just finished M2D20, bonus legs from M1D9 and cardio portion of CLB. I will do this combo again, very fun!

Laura, sorry to hear about your cousin. {{{hugs}}}

Trying to go added sugar free for this week. Jinkies, I didn't know I like old fashioned oats without sugar. Not bad! Let's see how long we can do this. DS has lost a total of 18 pounds. :)

Hi Ladies,

This morning was BM2 cardio blast premix. My last w/o before heading on the RT tomorrow morning. I should be at the airport by 6:30am tomorrow morning.

Wendy-So are you using a gym boss or your phone to keep track of the time? I printed off the polar service form today and am questioning the whole thing. I've used a HR monitor for cardio for so many years that I feel naked without it. Polar has been my only brand. Perhaps looking into to other brands that I can change my own darn battery on would be a better option.

Tina-you leg combo does sound fun! Congrats to DS...he must be working hard at this. Has he changed his diet, or just adding more exercise? Good luck abstaining from sugar. I'm a chocoholic, by default usually has sugar.

Hi LL, Laura & Jacque...who I will see tomorrow!

Hi all! Just checking in. No workouts to report since a good one on Saturday: XTrain CBS and tabatacise 1. I have been busy with kiddos. Hoping to get a wo in tonight, but not sure how likely that is.

First time on the new forum. Checking that little box at the bottom to "watch this thread and receive email notifications!"

Good Morning Ladies. ;)

It was a tabata only day today aka 16 minute body weight leg burner!!!:eek:

8@10 off/ 20 on of each of the following pairs of exercises::

1. jump lunges and walking lunges.
2. jump squats and squat holds.
3. split stance squat right and split stance squat left.
4. ice skaters and speed squats.

This morning I did 8@ 30 on / 30 off of DB squat to bicep curl and Push Ups. Then I did 8 @ 20 on / 10 off of Burpees and Lateral Crawls. Short but not easy. Legs are sooo sore! :eek:

So I invited my friend Wiggie over from my other check in since it's just me and her over there so when she posts here over the next couple of days you'll know why! :)

Yesterday was AB and today was M2D21, back and bi's. Hopefully we can get another 100 miles in this weekend. It looks like chilly weather from here on out.

Welcome Wiggie! Can't wait to hear all about you. :)

Diana and Jacque, please update us on how the road trip is going! We need lots of DEETS! I hope you have a blast. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.