Damage Control May :)

Here is yesterday's Group Training work out at the studio that I actually got to participate in (instead of teaching it) for the first time in ages!!!!! LOVED IT!!!!!!:D

Circuit #1:: DB Lunge R, DB Lunge L, Push up-lateral crawl-push up, Goblet squat w/overhead press, plank with alternating triple extensions.

Circuit #2:: Split Stance Squat & Chop, Half Kneeling Double Arm Row, PU position slide reach, KB deadlift, SB half kneeling forward roll.

Conditioning #1:: Spd Squat with shoulder press.

Conditioning #2:: Jump Lunge, Squat Thrust, Med Ball Slam, Squat Thrust.

Today may be a forced rest day as I have a busy day ahead of me...

BBL for personals!:cool:

Yesterday was a rest day.

Today was TA Precision Toning in full! OUCH!!!

Tmrw I hope to get to another 9am training session at the studio!

Hi!

I did get in total body trisets upper body on Wednesday, Thursday: CLB rounds 1-6 premix and Pilates, Friday 24 min of the first premix of party rockin step 2, and X41 low impact an fat burning circuit tough!! I was sore on Friday and I'm a bit sore today. Today I did yoga based abs and yoga relax express #1. Perfect because it has been a busy weekend with JTrain's 13th bday on Friday so we went out to eat (my eating was terrible this weekend!! Hope to clean it up tomorrow.) to Pizzaria UNOs and then dropped off a card at a homeschool graduation briefly as JTrain wasn't feeling well in the morning so we didn't stay for it. Yesterday I went to the Radnor Hunt Races (Steeplechase- horse racing with jumps, I wouldn't have known that until yesterday) with my mom while Hubby took all 4 to 2 baseball games that overlapped. Then we had to rush out soon aft the game and races for JTrain's performance night. Middle and High school homeschoolers performed: pianists, violinist, guitarist and a dancer. Then today after church JTrain has his Philly Missions trip meeting and then the 3 older boys had their piano recitals. We went home for dinner and then out for ice cream. Whew!

This week we are winding down school stuff. Wednesday is the final SALT program where the kids will perform some singing, for the lower classes and JTrain's class will perform a version of mid summer's night dream. And we will be out mush of the day on Thursday. So that only leaves 3 days of school, but we don't have much to do. I want to finish the science book, one chapter to go and finish the trivial game we started to create.

This week I'm hoping for:
Monday: some cardio, probably HiiT or tabata, is afterburn more wts (meaning could I still do upper body wts the next day?) or more cardio/HiiT?
Tuesday: XTrain upper body something
Wednesday: lower body, maybe CLB again that's a good on and it went by so fast!
Thursday: Pilates abs, not sure with it maybe turbo barre, but then I need to switch my upper and lower body stuff. But I'll be out all day for a Reading Phillies (minor league) game all day.
Friday: step or other cardio DVD
Saturday: maybe another X10 premix (leave for NC from Baltimore at dinner time)
Sunday-Tuesday: yoga but I'll be visiting my best friend in North Carolina, so who knows what we will do: Cathe, step class at the Y, kayaking, tubing, water skiing or just lounging around! I can't wait!! (I'll be back Tuesday night.)

Rmrmr- as for the reason we homeschool, in short we believe it's where God wants our family to be. We kind of just "fell into it" on the beginning. A few of our friends and family were doing it and JTrain was asking me to teach him to read at age three, I waiting until he was 4.5 and he learned super fast and still loves to read to this day, the others didn't learn to read as quickly or as fast , but they all love to read now. And my kids don't always listen to me by a long shot! And there are something's that am just not good at in teaching so they either use a DVD (Spanish, Latin, logic, writing) or take an online (writing) or live class (Spanish). I figure you may have sent your kids to school because "that's what people do" and maybe you didn't have any friends who started doing it from age 4. Now one of our good friends who started when their boy was 4 now has the 2 oldest kids in private Christian school full time and 3 kids in a rigorous homeschool co op 2 days a week, and it has been that way for a few years now. I have my oldest in a live Spanish class for 1.5 hours once a week and he has his online writing class 1x a week he also does Latin by DVD, which the DVD is only going ok. But the classes were great. CDawg on the other had takes no live classes, online or otherwise but does writing, Latin and Spanish and writing by DVD and does very well. Next year I'm still working on what classes they will be doing. :) all my boys have always been ahead in math, B struggled with learning to read in the beginning so we had to go very slow for a while. I think they are all "on level" for writing. But don no like it, like me! Plus my boys are super active and they would not be able to sit in school for 8-9 hours 5 days a week with only a few breaks! They don't learn well that way. And they all learn differently. Plus if we sent our kids to that same Christian school (that is where I graduated from) it would be close to $30,000/year for the 3 older boys! There are too many things I don't like about our public school to even think about sending them there. We will all be done with school a little over 3 weeks before the rest of the schools because of the snow days. :). I will also have them continue to read (I provide a reading list) and do math over the summer, 2-3 days/week when they don't have camps. But yes it is a lot of work at times! The most rewarding job I have ever had! Ok that go a lot longer than I expected! Sorry!

So, my body had declared mutiny against my double workouts. It was bound to happen, this whole aging process is a real bummer. I took Saturday off due to extreme hip flexor pain, something I've never had before. Woke up yesterday feeling a bit better, so we managed our first 50 of the season. I'll be doing mostly upper body work this week, and give the ankle and hip a rest. STS or XT this morning.

I've been researching the TA workouts. Does anyone do Tonique? For some reason I find her workouts more appealing. I might start there. Their method seems similar to one another. I might start with ATM. I don't know if I'd ever have time for a three hour workout. :eek:

LL, I'm an accidental homeschooler. Our numbers are growing rapidly due to the increasing rates of Autism. Schools just aren't prepared to care for the sheer numbers who fall into this category. When DS hit 4th grade, our public school was going to ship him off to another school 90 minutes away. It was a hard decision to homeschool, but it really has been the best thing for DS. He has a job, bought himself a car, and is really functioning well. It sounds like you're an incredible teacher and a fantastic mother. Hats off to anyone who can pull a schedule like you!! :)

Diana, your tri training sounds brutal! When is your next race? Have you had any bites in your job search?

Hi Ladies,

Back to the grind this morning. I ate horrible all weekend. No reason really and I didn't track my points. The Wednesday weigh in will be tough. I'm tightening up the diet today though. I made one of the 21 day cleanse meals for dinner last night and lunch today. I also made 2 cleanse snacks and will have a green smoothie for breakfast.

This morning my coffee pot isn't working.:mad: I've been heating up a tea kettle of water and pouring it over the coffee....it's taking forever. We will have a new coffee maker tonight.

Yesterday I ran 5 and 1/2 miles! I was pretty happy with my time considering I haven't really been running other than the bit we get in tri training class. The Memorial Day 10K is coming up and its time to increase the mileage a tad.

LL-Hearing you and Tina, well I can see the appeal of homeschooling. My training partner is a school teacher, middle and high school, math & science. She talks about how difficult it is to teach 20-30 kids who are all at different levels. You don't have the time to help those that really need it, nor to keep the high achievers busy and engaged. You teach to those in the middle and follow a curriculum. She believes there should be more creativity in the classroom to aid in teaching all abilities. Homeschooling allows that flexibility and time to stay on one subject until it is mastered.

Tina-I hear ya with the aging....it's tough to deal with. Awesome-50 Miles! My training partner and I rode the tri route on Saturday. It has a hill that we have to ride up twice. We plan on doing it again this Saturday. I have Tonique and don't use it much. Don't get me wrong, it is tough...especially considering the only weights used are 2# to 3#'s . I think I have Tonique Premier maybe.

Wendy-so you finally got to participate in the group training class!

Laura-hope you had a relaxing weekend and are feeling better now.

Lori-saw your pic on FB, looking good girl! Biceps are my weakest link, obviously not yours!:D

bbl

I went back to the studio to work out again this morning! Here's what we did::
Reverse foot elevated squats, perfect push ups, sand bag squats & spider man push ups = circuit # 1 Squat chops, forward/backward plank drag, kettlebell pick up & band row = circuit # 2. Jumping jacks with the battling ropes and forward crawls with sliders on hands = Conditioning # 1. One arm swings & forward/backward bear crawls = Conditioning # 2.

MON

Hey girls ..​

well FINALLY I DID have relaxing weekend - I kinda shut the world away and it worked!! LOLOL :cool: My tummy feels better and I was able to eat this weekend :D woot woot!​

Today will be the first day back to exercise .. just didnt have it in my this weekend .. tonight I am planning to do ZWOW .. then tmrw it will be back to heavy weights at CC .. tmrw night is BFF b-day GGT .. expecting large crowd .. so there will be food and CABS flowing and LOTS of chatter from the loud crowd ... lol!​

Di - good run - so is the 10 k this weekend??? good luck!!​

Wendy - great workouts .. I loved the video you posted of the plank walks w/the high fives .... :D .. so glad you are loving your new career .. and ROCKING it as well!!​

LL - man what a schedule - I would be INSANE if I had all that going on ..​

Tina - yes aging is no fun - but better than the alternative :p the body just doesnt move or function like it used to .. but I am gonna keep moving it .. so I dont lose it!! hee hee :p

Hello to Lori!!​

OK .. better run have a great one!​

Hi Ladies,

This morning was BR Day 8, crossfit at lunch and tri training tonight. The crossfit trainer is supposed to bringing equipment today. I'm guessing kettlebells, ropes, med balls etc. Tri training will be over in a few weeks and that will help a lot.

So I ended up with a blister under my big toe from my run on Sunday. I'm hoping it's healed before the 10K.

Laura-glad you are finally feeling better. I am definitley missing heavy weight training, but honestly do not know when I would fit it in. Yep, the 10K is on the 26th.

What's everyone up to?

bbl

Just a quick update today: I did CLB premix for 36 min all strength exercises, busy with school today and a game tonight and I need to make lunch for my gang and brownies to share for the closing program for the SALT classes and picnic. And I still need to get chocolate chips! And make a double dinner tonight so one can be frozen for when I go away this weekend.

Hi poochy, rmrmr, fit mommy and anyone else I forgot!

TUE

Hey Ladies ..

Did ZWOW 69 last night .. a good intro back into working out after 2 weeks off - DOMS: CORE .. eeeouch! Today i went to CC and did heavy weights circuit (mine) - tonight is GGT for BFF - gonna have a crowd - lots of loud girlies cutting up - but thinking that is good medicine for me! hope the resteraunt is ready for us!! LOL .. going to Cajun Corner - they have the best food - just kinda slow sometimes!!

Our little town has made Foxnews and ABC news - they are trying widen our iconic bottleneck historic district road - it was featured on Sweet Home Alabama .. huge live oaks and antebellum homes ... calling card for our town .. but the beach traffic gets backed up and creates traffic nightmares especially on spring break and major holidays .. has a lot of people up in arms about it!

Di - wow that is a lot of working out you are doing in one day!! geesh!!! you should have a blister on your foot .. LOL

LL - again sounds like your schedule is tight!!

Hello to Wendy - Tina and Lori!!

have a great one!;)

Yesterday was TB and the standing portion and ball work of GG. Hip is feeling great, the ankle, not so much. I'll continue to baby it for the next few days.

I ordered Tonique's ATM. I'm going to use it on the mornings that I have an evening bike ride scheduled. I'll let you know what I think after I've done it 10 or more times.

Diana, is your race this weekend? Let us know how you make out. You're schedule is incredible! I don't know how you do it.

Off to do XT B&T and STS abs. :)

Hi Ladies,

Another crappy day yesterday....ugh. Trying to hang on until vacation in June. On top of the job nightmare, we are having issues scheduling the girls summer visit. Their mom planned a vacation with the girls over the summer without consulting DS and it's right in the middle of his summer visitation. His only real time with the girls is in the summer. I'm so angry but need to let them work it out. It's not that we won't see them, just for 2-3 weeks instead of 6.:mad::mad:

My ear and throat hurt, so I skipped tri training last night. The 10K is on 5/26 and the tri is on 6/8. The next tri isn't until August 10th. That will give me some breathing room and extra time for practicing outdoor swimming.

So far I'm not impressed with the crossfit class. This is week 3 and we are starting to use equipment. It is very similar to my summer bootcamp class and honestly, my home w/o's are harder. I do understand he has to make it work for all participants and some of them have been sedentary. I'll probably stick with it for a couple more weeks and decide if I want to continue. It is free and they come to my work.

LL-I'm tired just reading your schedule. You still sound super organized to me, I would probably be frazzled. Not sure if you have STS Total Body, but there is Lower Body premix on that disc that is really good and only 20-30 minutes long. I also enjoy the Super Sets-Lower Body Blast premix. You might like them too!

Tina-I think you will like Sylwia and the ATM w/o. I've been looking at bike computers and may pick up a cheap one in the next couple weeks. I don't need anything fancy, just how many miles, how long etc. Eventually I would like a cadence sensor too. I just don't ride enough to justify spending a lot of money. Have you heard from Sue or Candice? Wondering how they are doing.

Laura-Happy to hear you are finally feeling back to yourself and more importantly back to your workouts!:) Enjoy your girls night tonight! I'm also going out with the girls tonight to place called Inks & Drinks! I've never done one of these before but we paint a picture. It should be fun.

Wendy-So how do you like the new gym you are at? Your workouts look great. I'm sure it will take a bit to build a clientele base, but you are doing what you want now! I'm so happy for you!

Time for my w/o-BR Day 9!

Hey Ladies. :)

No work out for me y'day b/c I wasn't feeling well in addition to being uber sore from Monday morning's work out. Feeling better today so I plan to work out tonight. I will be taking a class at a small studio that I found by chance on the way to work at the gym yesterday morning. It caught my attention as I drove by it so I looked it up on the internet when I got home. Then this morning I took a ride over to drop off my resume on the off chance that they needed help and guess what...they do!:)

I am going to do a little "internship" there to learn their style (very different from what I have been doing for the past year) and then he wants to bring me on board to teach some classes and do some personal training. He wants me to choreograph a 30 min kick box class to teach! I LOVE KICKBOX! I'm so excited! :D

The gym job is slow. I was excited last week because of how many appointments I had as a brand new trainer but then this week I had cancellations that brought my sessions down from the 6 that had been originally scheduled to just 3 so far for the week. UGH. :rolleyes: I know it will take time to build but I can't justify having quit a full time job to do nothing which is why I went job hunting today. Not quitting the gym. Just trying to supplement for now and then I will see where I am kept the busiest if scheduling between the 2 places becomes an issue. I'm definitely keeping my original Mon-Thurs night/Saturday morning studio job. I love it there and that's ultimately where I want to be as long as his business gets big enough to support the $ I need to make...

In the mean time I am going to make the most of my extra free time by using it to study for my NASM exam which is only 3 weeks away! GULP!:eek:

Speaking of which, I'd better get crackin' but first....personals!:)

Di:: I'm sorry about the schedule issue with the girls vacation and your DS' summer visitation. That's not right. Their mom should be ashamed of herself for letting that happen and should certainly make every attempt to fix it!!!

Tina:: Isn't ATM the one that's 3 hours long!? :eek: Good luck with that!:p But seriously, let us know how you like it! I have Tonique's original work outs but none of the new ones.

Laura:: I am glad you were back to your old self & having fun this past weekend! I hope this is a sign that things are turning around for you!!!

LL:: Nice work out plan you have set up!

WED

hello ladies ..

DOMS: quads, hammies and bis from heavy weights - the GGT was awesome .. we had about 16 people there .. large crowd .. VBFF had a large time!! lots of gifts .. mostly stuff to make summer drinks by her pool ...:p :cool: .. she had MORE than enough to make her b-day weekend fun!

today will be either p90x3 cvx or triometrics .. OR ZWOW... i am still sore in my core from her workout Monday!

Di - yes I am feeling more like myself .. but also have that DARK cloud hanging over my head waiting for it to burst into a thunderstorm at any moment! :( just gotta take one day at a time!! I swear since I been doing my own workouts .. combined w/ZWOW and p90x3 .. I think my workouts are harder and more effective than anything I could get anywhere else!

Tina - think you will like Tonique .. what did you do to your ankle? I missed that!

hello to all that follow ..have a great day!

Hi Everyone!

I've been running most of the day so this will be quick. Hopefully I can get to some personals when things slow down a bit.

I got only 19 min of the XTrain Bis and Tris premix rounds 1-5 (26 min) completed, in pieces, kid interruptions and what not then ran out of time. I was out all evening dropping of JTrain and next door neighbor half way to youth group, thankfully another mom is happy to drive all the way there. Then my WW meeting (I'm up 2.8 pounds!!!! so bummed) is 3 min from there, then I went shopping with my mom for an hour or so before I had to go back and pick up the boys. My eating wasn't good today at all. Hopefully tomorrow will be better even though I will be out all day for the Reading Phillies.

THURS - eeeeoouuuuuch!

one more day till LONG WEEKEND .. woohoo!

OK .. I am sooooooooo sore .. from heavy weights .. then P90x3 triometrics .. eeeouuuch .. my legs and butt are painful to the touch! I didnt realize I was that sore until I started doing the one legged squats ... eeeoooouuuccchhhh!

Wendy - dont worry .. you are going to build your clients .. and I am so happy you are enjoying what you are doing .. very few of us get that in life!!

LL - another busy busy busy day for you ...

Hello to all that follow .. tonight is ZWOW .. ab challenge ... my legs cant handle anything else today .. LOL...

any major plans for the upcoming holiday?? whatever you do .. be safe and have fun!!!

No official workout to report. But I did walk/run after Little K most of the day at the ball park so there were steps involved. :) I ate well pretty too. I found a stand there that made me a fresh wrap with spinach, romaine, mushrooms, red onion and turkey deli meat. I'm too tired to do my pilates abs or barre workout. :(

Tomorrow is the last day of school for us! Yay! I'm going to try to get everyone one up early to go to Whole Foods and get that out of they way and then come home finish up spelling quizzes, read the last 3 pages of our science (Land Animals) book and then work on the science trivia game they've been working on. Kind of a lighter day. :) Plus we are taking the middle 2 boys to a birthday party in the evening so we are going to try to go out to eat with just 2 kids and see how that goes. :)

Poochy- yes today was busy but good :) I think P90X3 seems so intense! I may have to look at that ZWOW again, how long does it take you to do it? Did you buy anything for it or just go on to YouTube for it? I seem to remember that was the girl who showed her workout on a little board?

Hi Girls. :)

Y'day I did my own 20 min full body weight circuit. This morning I participated in the group training at the studio. I was sore already this morning which means that by tmrw I might not be able to move!:p

Not sure what's on tap for tmrw....Maybe some TA!:D

Gotta go for now but TGIF everyone & I'll BBL!:cool:

TGIF

Hello Ladies ..

we are BUSY BUSY today .. geesh - chkn in real quick - ystdy was ZWOW warmup and Ab challenge #5 ... geesh that was a short tuff workout .. I was pouring sweat - ended up being about 22 minutes long. but man she put me thru it ... loving me some ZWOW!!! This weekend will be busy . . not sure when or if a workout will happen .. at least my DOMS have subsided some!! whew ... I was in pain ystdy .. LOL!!! :confused:

LL - ZWOW has her free workouts on YOUTUBE - and they are GREAT .. and lots of them .. she does a variety of stuff .. body exercises - weights - kettble bells - she also has a Z-GYM ... that you can join .. and have access to her new workouts and challenges - that is where I got last night workout - her workuots range from 10 - 30 minutes .. and are TUFF!!! WArning: she LOVES her some BURPEES ..

Wendy - luv the video on FB ..

hello to everyone .. hope everyone has a safe and FUN holiday weekend ..:cool::cool: :D:D:D

Today was HSC and yesterday was In the Ring and leg conditioning drills from KM. Tonique came in the mail today, so I'll review it tonight while doing laundry. Hopefully we'll have three days of cycling weather this long weekend.

I hope you all have a great holiday weekend. Good luck on your race Diana! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.