Damage Control May :)

I all, I need some quick advice. I'm looking to get a good weight wo in before I go away. I'm torn between my love for XTrain burn sets/CBS/BT, STS total body or doing one with wts and cardo: hardcore extreme interval circuit 66 min or something shorter and newer a combo from X10. Thoughts

And then ideas of what to bring when I go, I won't have a step or wts. Thanks!

Hi ladies,

Yesterday was rest day for me. My body was sore after triple w/o Thursday! Only 2 more weeks of tri training left.

I hope to ride the tri route again today, but the rain may prevent me from doing that. We also have my nieces graduation party tonight.

We have dates for the girls visit, only 4 weeks but I will take it! I'm flying out to get them on June 11th and they are going on vacation with us the following week! Happy G'ma here.:):):):)

I weighed in yesterday since I missed my Wed. meeting. I was down .6. :) It could've been down due to triple w/o the day before. I'll take it anyway!

LL-might I suggest some no equip dvd's like CCC, any of the Kickbox w/o's should be good and even tabaticise (you can do the recovery blasts on the floor). If you will have a tablet or laptop, you can use youtube and do some Zwow, DailyHIIT etc, those are short and many use no equipment. Short does not mean easy though! P90X might be just the program for you as they are only 30 minutes as is T25.

Tina-we may have more rain on race day. My wave starts early enough that I should be finished before the rain rolls in. Let me know what you think of Tonique. I really like Sylwia. In the Ring is Amy Bento...right? I have some of her w/o's and really like them. Kickbox Xtreme is awesome as is the 2 weight dvd's, can't think of the title right now.

Laura-hope you enjoy a long weekend. Hope the weather is nice enough to enjoy your pool! By the way, we had tornadoes this week, the sirens went off and 5 tornadoes were seen in the Denver area.

Wendy-What are you up to this holiday weekend? How's choreographing the kickbox w/o coming along?

Lori-what are you up to, besides chicken, chicken, chicken.....

Hope everyone gets to enjoy the long weekend!

Hi girls!

I'm in my way to Baltimore to catch my plane to Charlotte North Carolina. But I did get a workout in this morning. I did hard-core extreme interval circuit. I think that's what it's called.

I ended up taking LIS, X10, TTM and CF. I almost took XTrain but because if the recovery blasts I didi not. Now I wish I had. I didn't think about doing the recovery blasts in the floor!! I might check out zwow and daily hiit. Are they both by the same person.

Another day of wet road riding. Yesterday was 29 and today was 54, the longest this season. We're hoping for nice weather tomorrow so we can take the good bikes out. It's almost June and we're still suiting up with winter gear.

Diana, great news on your GD's vacation. They must love coming to your house! Did you make it out for your tri route? Congrats on the continued weight loss. :)

LL, I hope you have a nice trip. Don't worry about exercising too much, it will be there when you get home. :)

Wendy, my sister is a trainer too, and has to deal with the occasional client cancellation. Your client base will grow and then you'll love the occasional no-shows. Kickboxing is my favorite indoor cardio, I hope your choreo is going smoothly.

Laura, I'm so jealous that you live somewhere that is warm enough to have a pool up and running already.

Off to watch the rest of ATM while I fold (gag) laundry.

Hey Ladies. :)

Saturday was a rest day.

Yesterday's work out was a make it up as you go along with mini bands aka firewalker loops and an 8# med ball!
Here's what I did....
Band work::
lateral walks, external shoulder rotations, lateral squat with knee abduction, standing glute kick backs, standing shoulder abductions, ankle myagis and wall crawls.
Conditioning w/8# med ball::
8@10/20 of every pair of exercises....Full Body Extensions and squat thrusts, chops to right and squat thrusts, chops to left and squat thrusts.

Turned out to be an awesome DOMS producing work out! :D

Di:: How was the grad party? Glad a plan to have your girls with you this summer worked out so everyone was happy. Where are you going on vacation with them? Yay for the weight loss!!! Right now I am just thinking of combinations and writing them down. Once I get a bunch of ideas then I will work on stringing them together and finding music! I am also trying to figure out how I'm going to remember the routine! :eek:

Tina:: So will you get your drier weather wishes for riding? Thanks - that's what I'm hoping for!:)

Last edited:
Hi!
Yesterday I did x37 step and low impact. I didn't have any wts tho. Today I'm going kayaking so I don't think I'll do a DVD. And I'm still pretty sore from hardcore extreme!

Fit mommy your wo sounds tough!!

Fembot I really do like to wo esp since I ate a bunch if cookie dough last night and tonight we are going to see moms night out at dinner time so popcorn will be out dinner. But that is the only time it is bring shown :(

I watched one of the zwows last night. I don't know how her boobs stay I the jog bra!! It looks really tough and there is no music! I think music helps me with motivation.

Hi Ladies,

I've had a busy but fun long weekend. We went to my nieces graduation party, shopping for Jerod's grad party which is next week, DS & DH cleaned the carpets, GS BSB was in there somewhere and running the 10K! I'm super happy with my 10K time of 1:04 and that was even with a potty break!

Tina-glad you were able to get some rides in. I'm too scared of slipping to ride on wet roads. You're a pro so it probably doesn't bother you much. I did not get to ride this weekend. I think next weekend is a run through of the whole tri, I may see if I can fit that into my busy schedule.

LL-hope you are enjoying your trip. Zwow (Zuzana) is the original Bodyrock gal. I do think both Lisa (bodyrock) and Zuzana show more skin than necessary, but their w/o's are amazing and I've seen the best results with them. It took me a long time before giving them a try and I'm so glad I did.

Wendy-wow, this
8@10/20...Running Mountain Climber on discs, Jump Lunges, Floor Bridge, Jump Lunges.
sounds killer! Way to rock the w/o's girl!

Laura-did you get to spend a relaxing weekend poolside? I sure hope so!

Lori-Hope all is going well with you and your family!

bbl

Just finished ATM. I played the whole workout through, but didn't manage all the reps. I had a major sweaty floor when I was finished. I plan on doing MM upper body premix with DH tonight. I haven't lifted since Friday. :/

Diana, awesome job on your run! That fantastic! :)

How's everyone else doing today?

This morning I did TA's Post Pregnancy Work Out - 45 min full body w/extra long focus on abs! I followed it up with 2 rounds of kickboxing intervals. :)

So I wasn't kidding when I said y'day's work out was kick azz coz it kicked my azz hard! I am SORE!!!!!!!! :eek:

BBL!:cool:

Mon that is a TUE

Hello Ladies ..

FINALLY had a great holiday weekend .. first for us in a long time!! we did go to the beach - and deep sea fishing - then came home and yes got out by the pool and got some sun and much needed relaxation ... cooked out .. the food was AWESOME .. and .... LOTS OF SUN!!! Fishing was good .. but b/c of state v/x federal limits .. our catch wasnt good .. had to throw back some AWESOME fish :mad::mad::mad: no workouts to report .. but the fishing left me sore in the core and shoulders/bis/lats

TODAY .. back to reality .. work .. and we are REALLY short handed .. ugh .. I just got work caught up and now I will be behind again!! :mad::mad:

Wendy - wow that was one tuff workout you posted .. you should not be able to move from it .. yikes!!

Di - CONGRATS and that awesome time! woohoo .. WTG ....

Tina - yes .. it is HOT here .. this weekend it was in the mid 90's .. and NO WIND .. HOT HOT HOT ... at least on the coast you have the sea breeze .. NOT HERE .. ugh ..

LL - have fun on vaca ... ya Zuzka shows here body .. but IF I HAD HER BODY i would too .. HA!! well maybe not so much boobs in your face .. but man .... ITA w/DI .. once you try their workouts they are so awesome .. you over look the lack of clothes and music .. and they look simple enough .. but when you do them .. you think . OH MY - didnt realize it would be that tuff!!!

OK .. I have rambled long enough .. have a great one .. tonight is Z-gym or youtube Pi-YO lower body workout my friend found ... may have to try it!!

Poochy please share the link to piyo! If that is beach body that is supposed to come out in June, it looks really cool!

Today I did slide and glide and then went kayaking. I've been at the airport now since 4:30. My flight to Baltimore has been cancelled. I have a flight to Chicago at 6:40am with a 30 min lay over and should arrive in Philly by 11:40 if the storms stay away!

Hi Ladies,

My lower body is so sore this morning. Last night we did the bike/run of tri. Between the 10K with the hills on Monday, biking the hill twice last night, well my legs are super sore this morning. The next BR w/o is lower body focused, just gonna skip that one for now and do the next one instead or perhaps just a non-step cardio may be good.

Did you all see Cathe's coming out with some new w/o's??? I'm totally pre-ordering this new series. It sounds perfect for me.

Laura-glad you had a great time fishing even if you did have to throw some back. I'm interested in PiYo too. It's Chalene right? Thanks for the big congrats! I surprised myself.

LL-I have never done slide & glide. What do you think of it? Sorry your flight was cancelled, that's always a pain.

Wendy-what are you up to? I'll pop over to FB and take a peek.

Lori-How are you doing with all the chicken?

bbl

Good Morning. :)

My core is soooo sore! :eek: I hope I can survive my work out plan for today which is a kickboxing work out this afternoon (gotta practice!) and a class at the new studio tonight.

Gotta jet to work for a bit.
BBL with personals though!:cool:

Just popping in to say: I've finally reached 20#'s lost on the WW scale!!!!! 20.2 to be exact. I'm super happy!!!!!!!

rmrmr/Diana- That's awesome about the weight loss! I really liked the S&G and it was perfect for traveling. Not as intense as AOLIH or TTM or like those. But I was sweating like crazy (it was hot) and completely out of breath. I couldn't do all the burpees or push ups.

WED

afternoon ladies -

we have been so busy here - it is insane! well after a good long relaxing weekend .. all h#ll broke lose ystdy afternoon - I ended up leaving work late and stressed out :(:( .. managed to do ZWOW #49 .. but that is all I had time to do ..and let me say .. GEESH .. my core and shoulders are hurting from it .. so simple .. looks easy .. but it kicks @$$ every time!!

Well .. today .. I put phone away as to avoid any outside BS stressing me out calls - and went to CC at lunch - did a good hard heavy weight session - and tonight will be something from ZGYM .. my tummy issues cleared w/my relaxation this long weekend . but now right back where I was .. so my issues are all STRESS related :( :mad:

Wendy - have fun in your kickboxing class .. I know when I did do classes I was always kicking my own butt .. LOL

Di - CONGRATS on the weight loss .. woohooo.. WTG ... keep up the good work .. and with those kinds of workouts you should keep on going strong!!

LL:this is the link - it is not the actual workout - wont be out til June .. yes from Beachbody - but this is one of the instructors .. and looks like tuff workout . . cant wait for the real DVD's to come out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJlBwdJ0xJw

OK . . have a great one!

Hey Ladies. :)

S.H.!.T. ;)

Last night's studio class was not kickboxing. I was going to do a kickboxing dvd at home and then go to the class as well but nixed the kickboxing because my core was (still is!) killing me! The class last night was 30 mins of band work. OUCHEES! TODAY I will kickbox no matter how much it hurts! :eek: Just not sure which dvd yet....

Di:: Woo hoo! WTG on the weight loss!!!:D:D:D How much more are you looking to lose now? Yes, I got wind of the new Cathe dvds. I won't be ordering but presume at some point they will be available on demand so if I am still subscribing I will be able to try them out if I want.

Laura:: The studio I will be working for added a PiYo class recently. I'll have to try to it out sometime! So do you happen to have any old kickbox workouts laying around that you choreographed for your class? Also, where did you find good music for them? I've never done this before so I could use a little help. I don't want to just use someone else's work out - I want to create my own. I just need ideas if you don't mind sharing. Thanks. :)

LL:: Hope you got home safely with minimal additional delays! Air travel can be so exhausting and frustrating!!!!:(

Hi Tina!:)

BBL!;)

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I have an early meeting this morning so am not working out. Not sure yet if I will go to our lunchtime crossfit. Our tri trainer said to expect a tough w/o today so I want to save my strength for that. We will be doing another brick-run/bike. We will be running down a hill, back up the hill then a 1 mile bike ride...repeat 6 times....then hitting the pool.

Wendy-Good luck on the kickbox choreography. I could come up with the moves/combos/transitions etc, but putting it to music-no idea. The number of beats per minute etc.... Well good luck. I'm sure once you do it the first time, doing it again will be much easier. I think I read that once the new w/o's are released they will also be available On Demand. You'll have them before I do! I'm still 10#'s above goal and TBH, I haven't been tracking. I'd be interested in what you think of PiYo.

Laura-sorry your afternoon fell apart, booh.

LL-you never know what will happen when you travel. Safe travels.

bbl to see what Tina is up to!

THURS

Morning Ladies -

OK - I did heavy weights at lunch - then after work I did Z-gym warm up 2 - then Z-shred #21 - then Zgym cool down - Yowza!!!! :eek: DOMS: core, shoulders, hips and calves .. eeoeoouch!!!

Wendy - I used to like to teach kickboxing classes around 135 to 140 BPM .. I always got my music from www.powermusic.com .. the tracks are awesome .. and the BPM is right there for you see ... some "teachers music" sounds chipmunky .. but for the most part .. powermusic music doesnt - my favorite all time tracks were on Thundersdrums, pump it up, and bootcamp power mix ... Thunderdrums was instramental and the drums really PUMPED YOU UP and was perfect for kickboxing and plyo class .. I usually went thru upper body combos first (starting basic then building up to combos) - then added some basic kicks in (to learn proper form) .. then upper body w/kicks (using the combos you did to start with on UB) .. then some plyo moves .. then back to combos .. and then some more plyo moves . . then cooled down w/balancing kicks..then to abs .. then cool down. the plyo moves were larger moves like plyo lunges, large squat jumps, large jack plyos - I did them for a minute a peice w/30 second rest between - HTH!! they way I arranged my classes were in chunks of choreography - then doing differnet combinations making the classes totally different each time! sometime w/emphasis on plyo . . sometimes on kicks . . etc (there is also musclemixes.com .. that has some good music too) .. I know powermix.com .. you can listen to a sample of the tracks to see if it something you like too .. that always helped!!

DI - 10# from your goal weight is awesome - you can do it .. your tri training sounds TUFF .. that should help w/your goal weight!

Hello to all that follow .. today errands at lunch .. then either p90x3 or back to the ZGYM .. today will do her AB challenge .. (not that my core isnt sore enough)

have a great one!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.