Damage Control May :)

Hi Ladies. :)

I've been lousy with personals lately. :eek: I am hoping with my new schedule starting on Monday that I will do better!

Tina:: If you are interested in giving TA a try, I would start with Precision Toning. It's cheaper, well chaptered and cued much better then Meta. The work out is not easy by any means. She spends 15 mins on each of the four muscle groups (arms, legs, butt, abs) and it's no joke! :eek:

Diana:: You are still down overall in weight. That's what counts! I checked out that dance fitness and just knew it wasn't going to happen. Me and choreo like that do NOT get along! :p I'm curious to hear how you like it though!:)

LL:: IDK how you do the home schooling thing. I don't have the patience for that, nor would I have the patience to be a teacher in general!:eek: Kudos to you! In a way I am a teacher as a personal trainer though and even that tries my patience as times! :p

Hi Ladies!

No wo today. I've been getting ready for the big Homeschool Convention in Harrisburg that starts tomorrow. I think I'm ready, I just wish I had more sleep!! Eating has been pretty good with the challenge. Although I did have some "clean" cookie dough last night: white whole wheat flour, maple syrup, applesauce, vanilla and bittersweet chocolate chips. And just the chocolate chips tonight.

Here's the link to the convention if anyone is interested. CHAP for short.

28th Annual CHAP Homeschool Convention: | CHAP - Christian Homeschool Association of Pennsylvania

This is my favorite time of the year!!! It's huge! I only wish Hubby were coming with me. Tomorrow I need to drive 1 hr west to drop the 4 boys off at my cousin's house and her kids (7) will play together. The oldest is 17 so he's in charge. My boys are so excited!! and then the mom and I drive another 45 min west to get to the Farm Complex where it is. I can't wait! I will be going again on Saturday, hopefully Hubby will come with but his mom and dad were supposed to watch the kids, but she got sick so he may be staying home to take care of the kids and take them to their baseball games.

So no wo tomorrow, DVD that is, but I will be walking a TON!!

Fit_mommy- just like anything else, some days are better than others!

Hey Girls!:)

Happy Mother's Day!!!

TGIF's workout was 3 rounds at ten reps each of tube squat chops on each side, 3 rounds of ten reps each of alternating tube rows and chest press, 8@15/15 of plank hold with glute band lifts, 8@15/15 of lwr body band myagis, and 10@15/25 of heavy kb swings! :eek:

Y'day ended up being a rest day. Just too busy to fit it in. I worked in the morning, and cleaned the house in the afternoon before company came over.

Today is another busy day but at least I'll have time to get a work out in!:)

BBL for personals!:cool:

Just finished my work out!:D

15@20r/30w -
Split Stance Squat and Shoulder Press R
Split Stance Squat and Shoulder Press L
Double Arm Band Row
Goblet Squat
Double Knee Disc Tuck

THEN I did...
TA Precision Toning Legs wearing ankle weights

and last but DEFINITELY not least....
TA Precision Toning Abs!

YEOWZAS!!!!:eek:

PS- Each Precision Toning Segment is 15 mins long.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

Happy Mother's Day!

Let's see if I can remember what I've done. Friday was BR Day 2, S&H Legs & Shoulders, Sat was BR Day 3. My legs are a little sore today. The Cathe rotation calls for BM2, that's probably what I'll do today.

Can you say spring storm...we are expecting 2"-8"'s of snow. Right now it's rain/snow but the ground is so warm it's melting still. They say depending on when the rain turns to snow will determine how much snow we get.

We are supposed to be having a barbeque at my SIL's for Mother's day. It may just have to be inside. I'm in charge of dessert-peanut butter pie, banana cream pie, and brownies! I'm also in charge of making a yummy salad and corn on the cob.

Wendy-Tubing and band work...oh my...that is no joke. I previewed some of Precision Toning and think I should've started with that! I'm getting better with meta 11-20 though, precision toning looks similar and she describes the exercises.

LL-hope you are enjoying the conference, and Mother's Day of course!

Lori-The necklace from Rylan is beautiful! Bet he's a happy and proud son today. :)

Laura-waving Hi.....hope you are having a great day.

bbl

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day. We've fallen into a short term family crisis with my in-laws. FIL is in the hospital and MIL needs 24 hour care. They didn't have anything set up in case of an emergency, so I've had to fill in until we could find an in-home 24 hours care service. Workouts will be few this week, but we did manage a 48 mile bike ride yesterday. DH surprised me with a Garmin last month, and I'm loving the features on this bike computer. The calorie burn is way lower with the Garmin, than with the Workout Manager. That's a good number to know. Hopefully we can squeeze a bike ride in tonight, it all depends on the in-law's status. I wish they didn't live so far away.

Diana, I hope you didn't wake up to much snow. That sounds so depressing! Nice job on your workouts. :)

LL, I hope the convention was productive. Are you all set for curriculum next year now? I do love getting set up for the fall school year.

BBL. :)

MON

Hello Ladies ..

sorry i have been MIA - but I was on a cruise to the BAHAMAS :eek: :cool: a MUCH needed time to DESTRESS a bit ... it was WONDERFUL .... lots of food, sun, and mainly CABS!! :D:D :cool::cool::cool: there was no such word as "diet" (although i didnt eat that much but DH did) or "exercise" ... only dancing, walking, swimming, drinking and relaxing!!! we were actually able to take our minds of things for a week .. met some great people ... just a much needed and deserved GETAWAY!!! think i lost even more weight .. IDK .. but today my appetite is back ... I have not had much of one for a good month or two now!

Of course .. today it is back to REALITY :( and let me tell you IT SUCKS! :mad: the moon is almost full .. and people have lost their minds .. busy .. and while I was gone there were all kinds of position/personell changes :confused::confused::confused: wth??? anyway .. we are about to be back down to SHORT HANDED!!!! probably throughout the summer!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Wendy - so today is the first day on the new job?????? wow .... do let us know how it goes!!

DI - OK .. I am a dummy .. how do you veiw YOUTUBE thru your DVD player onto your TV?????

Lori - guessing the training is going well ... love the pics!

LL - have fun at the convention

Fembot - I live in the country .. and our internet is sketchy at best .. I feel your pain on the up to date technology problem!

OK .... better run .. I am alive .. not "committed" yet .. LOL ...and it is back to reality for me .. so I better get to the MOUND of paperwork that has gathered on my desk .. UGH!!! have a great one!

Hi Ladies,

So the snow is melting today and we are to be in the 80's by the weekend! Today's high is in the 50's and sunny. Snow be gone.

Tonight is Jerod's Graduation. I'm so proud of him. He's still waiting to hear if he got in to the school he applied to. We are supposed to find out in June sometimue. If he is wait-listed, there is a local community college or a University nearby that he can attend.

I met someone (talked to on forums) going to the Daytona RT from my town! We may carpool to the airport too. We hope to meet up soon. Most people around here don't know Cathe, which I'm always so surprised by.

Laura-so glad you enjoyed a nice stress free vacation. You and DH were obviously in need of that. The newer DVD players have the option to play youtube, stream Pandora etc. Mine has 3 options, I just can't remember what the 3rd option is in addition to just playing dvd's. That is how I do all of the BR w/o's. I have a "player library" where I've added the 30 day challenge and 21 day bootcamp to. I can also do Zuzka since she also has a youtube channel! You have to have an internet connection for it to work I would guess but am not sure how that part works.

Tina-sorry to hear about your MIL and FIL. Hope your FIL gets better quickly. The workout manager calorie burn has always been MUCH higher than my polar HR monitor. Which garmin did you get? I've had one for years, the 305 I think. I wear it when I run mostly and sometimes when I bike. 48 miles is awesome. I think in my training rides the furthest we go is 26 miles. The tri's I do are only 12-15 mile bike rides. If I could get my swimming down, then I want to do a longer one.

Wendy-how was your first day at the new job? I saw the plank with the band leg lift you posted on FB, oh my...total butt burner for sure!

LL-how was the convention? All that walking counts you know! :)

Lori-what are you up to? Have you guys decided to stay in Cold Lake until DH is up for a transfer?

bbl

TUE

Morning Ladies ...

Morning off to rocky start ... :( ... seems to be the norm now :mad:

No exercise to report I was simply TOO exhausted ... I finally ate good yesterday:) ... then after this morning tummy back to knots and not fairing too well :( :mad:

Today I am planning on working out at lunch at the CC ... heavy weights .. maybe that will help .. I have hair apt after work .. so no workout tonight...

Di - congrats to Jerod!! :D:D:D I know you are proud! hope he gets into the college he wants .. if he is on wait list .. he can always take the "basic required" courses at Jr college and get them out of the way ;) .. thank for the info on the DVD ... the one here at work is el-cheapo soooooo it may not have all those options .. dang it .. but I have been using my tablet to do Z workouts ... it works fine .. but the volume is not that good!

Hello to all that follow .. hoping today goes better ... have a good one!

Hi Ladies.

Sorry for being MIA...I have more free time these days but not really. Keeping busy right now getting the house back in order, etc...

Second day at the new job down. Very happy so far!:D

This morning's workout was
3x thru the following circuit::
Med Ball Chops Right-Center-Left (10 reps in each direction)
Plank Hold with Alt Triple Extensions (15 sec hold per leg)
SB Bridge (30 sec hold)
... then...
12@20r/30w of::
Heavy Lunges and One Arm Swings
and last but not least...
TA Precision Toning Glutes with ankle weights on!
Can you say FIRE IN THE BIG HOUSE!?
(Forgot to do my burpees though...GRRRR)

And yesterday's work out was X3 The Challenge and half of MMX. Also-no burpees. :(

Tmrw is YTBD but I'll be sure and keep ya posted!;)

Laura:: A cruise!?!? NICE! You deserved a break! Glad you enjoyed it!!!!:D

Di:: Yeah, those bands are no joke! Love them! ;) Congrats to your DS on his graduation day! So exciting!:D

Tina:: Sorry about your FIL falling ill. Sending get well wishes!

LL:: Hope you enjoyed the convention!!!:)

BBL!:cool:

20@15/30::
Split Stance Squat and DB Shoulder Press R
External Shoulder Rotations with Band aka Band Pulls
Split Stance Squat and DB Shoulder Press L
Kettlebell Dead Lifts...
Med Ball Lift & Chop (alternating sides each round)
8@10/20::
Med Ball Lift & Chop R
Med Ball Lift & Chop L
8@10/20::
KB 2 Arm Swing
Walking Mountain Climber

Hi Ladies,

I need BR day 5, which was 10/30 cardio/abs for 60 rounds! It was an easier w/o for sure.

I was down .5 at my weigh in today which I'm happy about, but could it be moving any slower.....

We had a late night last night with Jerod's graduation. A few pics are up on FB.

Still on the hunt for a new job. I keep thinking that eventually someone will call me back. Not another word from my previous lead. It's so frustrating. I'm going to have a professional re-write my resume and see if that helps. I have to check again, but I think it's $100-150. Probably well worth it if it gets me out of here.

Laura-it sounds like you walked right back into the asylum. Hope things get better for you. I figure the same thing, he can go to our local college if nothing else.

Wendy-Precision Toning with ankle weights, are you out of your mind?:eek: Silly question, I know you are.:)

Tina-Hope your IL's are doing better.

LL-What's up you and the family? How was the convention?

bbl

Hi everyone! I'm still here and I've been skimming the posts but it's been really busy. The convention was great, as usual. I'm really trying to cut back on what I've been doing with my boys since I've been doing too much according to every homeschooler and vender for homeschool materials has been telling me. I'm teaching most subjects 4-5 times a week and I don't think anyone does that.

As for workouts, I think I'm back to my full strength and did LIS Slide and Glide Express on Monday (31 min) and LIS Total Body Trisets Upper Express (19 min) today and that was supposed to be yesterday's workout and today was supposed to be lower. So I was hoping to do total body express but I just ran out of time. Tomorrow I may do CLB (close to 30 min as possible) and pilates abs.

Off to bed!

Ok, I think we're back to code calm here. Spent most of yesterday with the IL's, FIL is back home and I brought their two Westie dogs back home to them. Four dogs in the house was crazy town. No workout yesterday, but lots of dog walking. My ankle is tweaked, so I'm not sure what I'll be doing for a workout today. We did manage a bike ride on Monday and Tuesday was HR. We are in for a week of rain, so cycling will be off for awhile.

Diana, congrats on your DS graduating. I hope he hears back soon from his college app. Crossing my fingers that you'll be hearing from one of your job applications. Nothing worse than dreading your job. We're using the Garmin 500. I'm still trying to figure out all the features. DD gave me the cadence sensor for Mother's Day. I've really missed not knowing that number, I like to keep it around 90-100 rpm.

LL, I am constantly checking with other HS's if we are doing enough. I like to hit all the subjects everyday for 45 min or so. If one subject takes longer, we cut back on some other subject. We've had so many family issues this year, we have gotten really far behind. It will be a fight to finish everything before we meet with the evaluator next month.

BBL :)

Homeschool stuff! :)

Hi Fembot- Are you in PA too? We meet with our evaluator on June 13. We will hit our 180 days by the end of May. I was a Sonlight user for years, then this year we did Tapestry of Grace, i don't remember if I mentioned that before. They are curriculums meant to have a lot so you can CHOOSE the things that work for your family. Unfortunately, I try to do EVERYTHING and it's just way too much. When I called Tapestry, even they said so. I have been told that I'm trying to replicate "traditional school" at home. Impossible and not good.

If you are in PA we have 11 subjects to do "sometime in elementary" with the exception of fire safety, which has to be done every year, kind of silly if you ask me, but all the other subjects like math, english, science, social studies don't have to be done every year. Who wouldn't want their child to do math every year?? Crazy. The addition subjects that we do aside from the 11 are: Bible, Latin, Spanish and Critical Thinking. Oh, we don't do Civics (which falls under Social Studies) every year, but all the other subjects that they list under PA homeschool law we do every year.

:)

Hi Ladies,

It was another late night last night. I'm exhausted but I'm pushing through. This morning is Muscle Max per the May rotation, lunch is crossfit and tri training tonight is bike/swim.

I'm working on getting the Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) certification. I had asked my company to pay for the 4 day CBAP bootcamp-$1200, but my boss denied my request. Now I'm participating in a free study group that meets via webinar one night/month for 9 months. Not sure I'll remember month 1 information when month 9 rolls around. I have been denied every training request I've submitted in the last 5 years.:mad:

Tina-glad to hear the IL's are doing much better. Is the garmin 500 a bike computer? I don't have a bike computer or cadence sensor. Sometimes I wish I did but I don't ride nearly as much as you. My garmin has a bike and run function so I sometimes use that on my training rides.

LL-Glad you are feeling better and are able to get back to your w/o's. Homeschooling sounds like so much work. If you don't mind me asking-Is there a reason you chose to homeschool? I'm pretty sure I would've been an epic failure at it. I'm not sure my kids would have listened to me or given me the attention and respect they did their teachers. You are amazing! Our high school does Blocks where the classes are two hours and you only go for half a school year. The problem is you may have math your first semester (but a years worth of learning), but the following year you may not have math until your second semester. I'm not a fan of that. The teachers spend too much time re-teaching what the kids forgot from not having math for so long.

Hi Wendy, Laura and Lori....bbl to see what you ladies are up to!

THURS

Hey girls -

have had RUFF week - no exercise to report - have not eaten enough to muster up the energy and body still rebelling on me!! :( :mad: hoping and praying that things change for the better SOON!

Di - saw the pics on FB .. congrats to Jerod!!! :D you still have not heard anything on the job front? hoping you get somethign soon!

LL - glad the convention was good ...

Febot - glad FIL is back home - yes 4 dogs in one house is a LOT ... LOL .. but I bet it kept you busy!! LOL

Wendy - great workouts as usual - how are you liking your new schedule??

Hello to Lori ..

Ok .. managed to eat a little something today .. I may try a short easy workout this afternoon - we had TERRIBLE storms ystdy - even had tornado warning .. employees had to go to our "safe zone" ... scary stuff!! but thankfully no tornado touch down!! it should be clearing out today .. it is COOL today .. we went from 90's to 58 .. :confused: .. crazy ....

Have a great one!

Hey Ladies.

Today is my Saturday! Yay!:)

Y'day's work out was 30 secs of each x 3 rounds::
Pull ups, Push ups, Goblet Squats, Med Ball Chop Right, Med Ball Chop Left

Then I chased it with TA Precision Toning non-weighted arms! OMG!:eek:

My work out today will be the 9am group training session at the studio. I have not been able to participate in one of these in ages so I am both excited and scared to be doing it this morning!:D:eek:

So my first week at the new training job is complete! Y'day I trained an older woman for the first time, who at the end of the session, told me that she has been training with another person and hasn't been happy but really liked the work out I gave her so she said she is going to schedule with me from now on! WOOT! :D

Laura:: The new schedule is way better then the old one. I get a break in between now!!! Feel better soon!!! (((HUGS)))

Diana:: So a CBAP Cert look good on your resume I presume? I hope you get a bite on your applications soon. You deserve so much better then your current job situation!!!!

Tina:: Hope your ankle feels better soon.

LL:: Glad you enjoyed the convention!

Hi Ladies,

My body is so sore this morning! Yesterday was Muscle Max in the AM, crossfit at lunch, and tri training in the evening. We did a ton of squats in crossfit, then we did a brick w/o in tri training. The Brick was 1/4 mile run, 1 1/2 mile ride, repeat 5 times! Then we hit the pool for swim intervals...oh my. I just don't have a fast swim speed. I did my best though.

The Cathe rotation calls for Imax 2, for me would be Imax 3. Not sure my quads are ready for that. I'm gonna have to do something to work out the soreness. There's always the next BR w/o too.

Wendy-glad to hear you like the new job and schedule. Kudos to you, sounds like you have a new client.:) I like your w/o. It proves you can still get something in even if you don't have a lot of time. I used to be one of those who thought if I didn't get in an hour w/o, it wasn't worth it. I have learned a lot over the years! Yes, not only would the CBAP look good on my resume, it's also a large part of what I already do and would like to improve my skills!

Laura-I certainly hope things improve for you. You need start feeling healthy and strong and not sick and weak. We've also had huge swings in temperature as of late.

Hi LL, Tina, and Lori. bbl

TGIF

Morning girls -

I didnt workout again .. this week is just a wash out - I was able to eat last night :) and feeling a bit better today (knock on wood) ..hoping tmrw I will feel up to a workout - it will be tuff tho -

Wendy - so glad the training is going well and you are loving your new work schedule .. that is wonderful! and a new client too .. woot woot!

Di - Good Gosh girl .. glad to see you took up my slack yesterday w/all those workouts .. :confused: ... geesh!!! you shouldnt be able to move today!!

Hello to all that follow .. hoping everyone has a great weekend .. it was 48 degrees this morning ..:eek: .. wth is going on w/the weather???? but it is supposed to warm up and be a gorgeous weekend .. then by next week we will be back into the 90's!!! go figure!!!

have a great one girlies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.