Damage Control December

I only got in the first 9 min of circuit lower body, yes only 9 min, fun but not much time so I thought it would be better to do some instead of none!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Diana, I looked at that master cleanse. Wow! It looks too hard for me to do. Best to you though. I've been thinking about you and what it all entails! I ended up getting sick-knew it's been coming and one of my best friends left town yesterday for her home in Georgia, so I let down and got sick. It hit me last night. I'd already done the RWH Upper body circuit. This time I loved it! The first time I did a premix with abs thrown in during the workout. That time it felt like I didn't have enough time to switch exercises. Yesterday I did just the regular program and really had fun with that dvd. Today I'm just laying around. I can't even watch tv or read much-my eyes hurt. I hope it's just the basic cold with cough. At least I don't have to worry about going into work until next week.

LL, I did not end up getting 30 pound dumbbells-just not in the college budget right now! I did RWH Chest a few days ago and my 20's were fine. I was still a little sore yesterday. I have some 2 pound gloves for the next time to see if I can move up a few sets. Do you all go skiing in the poconos? We haven't had enough snow here this winter. We used to go to Denten Hill over by Coudersport. It didn't even open this year! My boys ski. I never got the hang of it. I like Cathe's version of snowboarding, too! I have to figure out my next rotation! I'm loving the RWH workouts and will probably do the RWH and Xtrain rotation. Good luck with your diet! All I have planned is my 10 day no added sugar diet on Jan. 1st.

Missy, am looking forward to hearing what you're up to!

Tina, my husband is wanting to ride next weekend here if the weather holds. It was in the mid 40's the past couple days!

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Today was GS C&T, BM2 Cardio Blast premix, and my ab challenge. Tomorrow will probably be either be a cardio or circuit w/o. The rest of today will be addressing the Christmas mess. The tree can come down, all the decorations and put away all the stuff we have laying around. In my mind it will take all day, but in reality a couple hours should do it.

LL-you might want to check out http://www.bodyrock.tv/, they have a 2 week Lean series and the w/o's are only 10-15 minutes long. They may be short, but they aren't easy and produce results. Something is better than nothing! Good job.

Beth-sorry you are sick. I'm finally starting to feel better. Cardio is still tough for me, but once this sinus infection is totally gone I should spring back quickly. I'm doing the modified cleanse. I eat dinner, steamed veggies and sometimes a protein. I also don't do the saltwater flush or laxative, haven't needed it. My lemon drink is made with ginger/apple cider vinegar/lemon juice adding cayenne pepper before drinking. I also make it and freeze it in ice cube trays so it's really easy. You may want to start with 25's if you don't have those. I know exactly what you mean with the college budget. We have 2 in college right now. For one of them we took out a Parent Plus loan. We learned from our mistake and did not do that for the youngest one.

Missy-are you able to get in a w/o today? No worries if not, spending time with family is what's most important!

Hi Tina, Laura and Jacque!

We managed to get in 95 miles of biking between Friday and Saturday. Today was raining so we did GS BSB. This week I need to plan a three month rotation and a nutrition plan. I'm thinking about the Nutrition Manager or maybe WW online. What do you guys think? DH gave me a Vivo Fit for Christmas and I'm still trying to figure it out.

Diana, I'm so envious you have your decorations almost put away. It's so much more work, putting it all back. When do you leave for your trip?
Funny we did a GS on the same day. :)

Beth, I hope you're feeling better. We've had unseasonably mild temps here too. Christmas day was t-shirt weather. I am NOT complaining! Love it! :)

LL, what a nice mom you have! I miss our family ski weekends. I came down with ski sickness a few years ago, so I had to give it up. I thought it was the weirdest thing until I Googled it, and it a pretty common phenomenon. It's like car sickness, only worse, as the feeling lasts for hours after. Skiing used to be my favorite weekend thing to do, and we have some great ski mountains around. Fantastic homeschool ski clubs too. They must offer a good HS discount for families in your area.

Missy, how has your week been going? I hope you're doing well.

Hi to Laura and Jacque.

Hi all

Did the glide and slide workout....first time. Discs seemed awry at first, but when I got used to them I had control. Can't do the 'running man' type of moves, just modified them. Quit at 28 minutes because I don't have the looping band.

Did 8 minutes of Coremax, modifying somewhat.

Worked pretty thoroughly all in all.

But I ate 2 blueberry muffins.

Hi Ladies,

This morning I had a haircut/color appt. and a bit of shopping. When I got home I did round 1 of shoveling. It's still snowing and will need to be done again. This afternoon I got my workout in, Bodyrock 30 Day Challenge, Day 22. I've definitely lost some of my endurance with those types of w/o's. I'm looking forward to adding them back in when feasible. Oh, and I have a 10K scheduled for Saturday. The high is supposed to be 40, not sure what it will be in the morning for race time.

I fell off the cleanse wagon a bit yesterday. No damage was done since I weigh exactly the same today as I did yesterday. I'm back on track today and looking forward to dinner.

I plan on buying new tennis shoes and ordering Max 30 this weekend. Then I can submit my receipts on Monday and get reimbursed. They will be notifying us the week of Jan 12th if we are impacted by the layoff. This way I can still get reimbursed even if I am layed off-which I'm seriously hoping I'm not.

Since it's going to be too cold to go anywhere tomorrow, I'm planning on doing all my filing, installing turbo tax, updating my iTunes...fun stuff.

Tina-95 miles, WOW. Glad your weather is allowing for that. We are in an arctic blast. The high tomorrow is only 5, and the overnights are in the negative numbers. Way too cold for this gal. Does the ski sickness ever go away? Can you wear those wrist things they use for cruise ships to prevent motion sickness. I'm just asking because I don't know. I have terrible vertigo problems with treadmills so I never use them. I get very nauseous and have to sit down...it's really embarrassing actually. I just stick to running outside. I do have trouble with car sickness too.

Missy-Nice w/o today! Modify is my middle name. Nothing wrong with that. To be honest, I've never done Slide & Glide, nor have I done either of the yoga discs. You may want to try limiting your carb (bread/pasta/rice, etc) intake. The nutrition value is just not there, especially for a cathlete! Notice I said limit, not eliminate. I binge eat if I have to eliminate something. I can limit (cut down), but eliminating doesn't work for me. Just a suggestion.

Hi LL, Jacque, Laura and Beth. Hope you are feeling better Beth.

Diana- I'm so jealous! I wish I were buying max30!! Are you getting the shakeo with it? I tried it once and gagged. I use teras whey protein powder now, I blend it with a frozen banana and 2t of peanut butter. It is ok at best. Some just LOVE their shakeo, I just don't get it. Do you order it thru a coach? If you don't I can give you mine's address/website link...she's helped me a lot but I haven't bought anything from her.... I kinda feel bad about that.

I started the RWH and XTrain rotation today so I did Hard Strikes. I don't think I've ever done that all the way thru! It wasn't bad, I did sweat a lot and could only do 4 out of the 5 sit up/push up and after the first set I was on my knees...tomorrow is RWH CUB.

So frustrated with electronics and kids today, I can't even tell you. Those with kids 13 and under, how do you monitor and limit?? Free gaming over here since Christmas and I HATE IT!!

Last night was STS plyo legs, disc #32. This morning was HCUB, PH#2 & abs #1. Tonight DH have GS C&T planned.

Off to work for a few hours. I'll check in later to see what everyone is up to. :)

Hi Ladies,

I'm sick of the cold! The high today is 0 and it was -6 this morning. The overnight low tonight is -12...ugh. I don't mind the 5 inches of snow as much as I hate the cold. Sleeping until 7:45-8am is awesome. Definitely not looking forward to getting up super early again.

This morning was GS BSB and BR Day 23. Lisa kicked my butt this morning! I need to add these types of w/o's back in since they really work for me. I'm done with the cleanse but will continue to drink the morning and evening tonic. I'm actually enjoying a chocolate/strawberry protein shake. I have a 10K on Saturday and fasting for a week before running can't be good. I'm also not looking forward to the 10K as the high on that day is currently 35.

LL-I'm not getting the Shakeology, just the w/o's. I have my own protein powders that work fine for me. Although they are probably not nearly as nutritious as Shakeology. They have several flavors to choose from. Also, I almost always mix froz fruit/veggies in my protein shakes. They mostly taste like fruit. When my kids were younger-the hand held games belonged to DH and I and they would have to ask to play with them. We would then set the timer and when it went off they were ours again. For the consoles, we used a timer and the parental controls. You can set them to turn off at a certain time or after so many hours of use.

Tina-Wow, you sure are getting in a ton of w/o's. Let me know what 3 month rotation you come up with, I may want to join you. Tri-training starts in April so weight training/circuits are my goal right now. Keeping and improving my muscle mass before I have to limit my weight training is important for me.

Missy-what are you up to today?

Beth-are you feeling any better? I sure hope so.

Hi to Jacque & Laura.

I have done 2 workouts since our company left. Problem is the internet is all clogged up around here with so many devices attached, it's hard to stream.

I'm still doing a 5 or 10 minute interval, trying to do more than 20 altogether. Today I did Low Impact Challenge for 26 minutes. I'll do some abs before bed.

Last night I did the yoga relax for 20 minutes and I think it helped me to sleep earlier.

I don't know what to do about the sugar...I intend to stay off it but I don't. I don't know how to make myself.

Quick update: only 21 min completed of RWH CUB premix 34 min. It's all I had time for.

Diana- what kind of protein powder do you use?

Craving chocolate big time!!! But I have my WW meeting tomorrow morning, so I'm really going to try to hold out. Then I'm allowing myself a NYE break before I go back to my 21D food challenge and probably 30 day because of the rotation. By then I hope I've sold enough stuff to buy Max30! I'm up to $57, but free shipping is only for a week! That's a $20 savings...

XTrain Legs on tap tomorrow. If I can get up early enough to do it, after my WW meeting, I need to get CDawg to the Urgent Care and have his stitch removed and a few other errands to run before I come home. Then I have some light cleaning (vacuumed yesterday) like sweep the hardwood (top of stairs, front hall and kitchen) and cleaning the bathrooms (4) since we have family coming over to spend the night. And then I need to make cookies and brownies. Whew!

We did manage GS C&T last night and core #1, which is 20 min. DH was crabbing at Cathe by the end, "she keeps saying we're almost done, but we aren't". I was on the fence about what workout to do this morning. I've watched a bunch of clips and I think I'm in the mood for KM or B&G. I can't wait to get my rotation ironed out. I waste so much time if it isn't already planned out. Cathe has left us with too many awesome choices!

Diana, we're in a cold snap now too. No snow though, so we may try for some chilly rides outstide. You're rocking the 10k's! Good luck on Saturday. I have my giant desk calendar out, playing with different rotations. I think for the first month, I'll do STS on MTW, arms/legs/arms. I'll have Thursday be an all cardio day and Friday a circuit workout. The weekend I'll leave blank for spinning or riding outside. I'm so excited to get back to STS.

Missy, sugar is my arch enemy. I always start out so strong, and by the end of the day I'm searching for something sweet. You are not alone in the sugar battle. Nice job on your workouts! :)

LL, after I finish my workout this morning, I'm going into high powered cleaning mode too. We have friends coming over tonight for NYE, so I have that to motivate me. Four bathrooms??? Holy moly! We have one and 1/2, and that's too many to clean.

Hi to everyone. I hope you all have a safe New Years Eve. :)

Hi all! Missy, it sounds like you're back on track getting in some workouts. Instead of making yourself stay off sugar, have you thought about what all you can eat? Make a list! When a cookie craving hits (cookies are my biggest weakness), look at the list and then have something on it. My list is: a cup of herbal tea (I have lots of sweet fruit flavored ones and even one called peppermint bark-all are sugar free and delicious), plain greek yogurt with some fresh or frozen fruit mixed in, and veggies dipped in almond butter or hummus. I also make this grain free granola with sugar free coconut, nuts, chia seeds, and quinoa. I might have a bowl of that with some soy milk. By the time I'm done eating or drinking (or both!) the desire for the cookie has passed. My trouble is at work. I have to take snacks with me to make sure I don't hit the table in the back with all the pretzels and candy. I'm getting better at it. It's to the point where I just say: I need 5 minutes off the floor and go get a quick bite and drink from the break room. It's been hard for me to ask for those 5 minutes because we are so busy all the time. But I intend to take care of myself!

LL, I'm finally feeling well enough to join you on that Xtrain/RWH rotation. I'm off to try to do Hard Strikes. If it isn't happening, I'm just going to do PR Step 1 (one of my favorite workouts). I did take a short walk last night with DH and have been resting, drinking lots of fluid, etc. I had to miss yoga on Monday.:( I have been cleaning and organizing our bookshelves while I've been resting. It's so satisfying when you get done! I always feel that way about cleaning anything.

Diana, I can't wait until you get the Max 30! You've done Insanity right? I can't wait to hear how they compare! My friend wants us to start signing up for 5k's this year since we've been walking a 10k. I don't know! Good luck tomorrow. It's still really cold here-mid 20's. Also, my toilet downstairs is out of order. Plumbers are back Friday! I hope it's not as big a job as the pipe above the kitchen sink. I think I'm ready to move ...! (Not really). If I do though it'd be nice to go where we could ride out bikes year round like Tina! My sister-in-law lives in New Hampshire but she snowshoes a lot. She's by the white mountains and enjoys hiking, too. Tina, what kind of bike do you have? I was telling my DH about your 96 miles last weekend!

Happy New Year to all!

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Today I plan on GS Legs and the next BR w/o. This morning I have errands to run though. I already went and got the plates for my new vehicle and they $150 more than I had budgeted. I'm not complaining as I love my new vehicle. DS3 vehicle needs to go in the shop, something about a head gasket. Hopefully that won't be too expensive.

Yesterday was a very productive day for me. I installed turbo tax, imported all my donations etc. Today I need to match up all my receipts with my cc statements and organize the filing cabinet. Normally this is done when I do my taxes, but I have the time now. I also plan to work on the our 2015 budget. Does anyone else create a 1yr, 3yr and 5yr plan? We are trying to be more proactive about our finances. Paying off our student loan for DS2 is at the top of the list. The interest on the PLUS loans is outrageous IMO.

Missy-do you have any of the downloads? The downloads are cheaper than the discs and you don't have to worry about streaming. I have all the discs and some downloads. I usually use the downloads for spinning at the rec ctr. Otherwise I work out at home and it's just easier to use the discs. My only suggestion for staying off sugar is to plan & prepare your meals ahead of time. I prepare my breakfasts/lunches for the week on Sundays so it's just grab and go. I struggle more on the weekends since the routine is so different on those 2 days. I too have peppermint or mint tea and that seems to help. Beth has a great suggestion in making a list of everything you can/should eat.

LL-I use cytosport or ON whey protein, usually from Costco. I just look for something with low sugar and carbs. I'm not picky about the taste as I always mix it with frozen fruit, almond/coconut milk or coconut water. I also by Pure Protein RTD (ready to drink) shakes that I take to work and have for a snack with an apple. Don't forget that you can add any extract you like to them to improve their flavor. I like chocolate protein powder with a tablespoon of Hershey's chocolate syrup and a drop or so of mint extract. Can you get your older boys to help out with cleaning? We have a chore chart, the kids are responsible for cleaning the house. We do not pay them, it is expected of them. When we were having issues with them cleaning the house on their assigned weekend, they had to pay us $30. That put an end to them not doing their chores!

Beth-glad to hear you are feeling well enough to w/o. Yep, I've done Insanity, Insanity Asylum, T25, a big Shaun T fan here! I'm looking forward to giving Max 30 a try. Probably not the rotation as written, but add them in to my normal rotation of Cathe, BR, etc. I have numerous BB w/o's and really enjoy Combat! You may want to look into the C25K program (couch to 5k). Are you a runner? If so, a 5K is totally doable. Many rec ctr's offer it and there is also an app for your phone. Sorry about the bathroom...if it's not one thing it's another.

Tina-yes, please get your rotation figured so I can see if it's something I can do too.:p I like having a plan too, then I don't have to think about in the morning. I do thing RWH will be good for workdays though. We are warming up to the 20's today-woo hoo! We are considering moving-closer to my job. We hope to meet with a Real Estate agent in January to see what needs to be done to our current home. The plan is to spend this year working/cleaning/painting etc this house and then perhaps put up for sale next spring. We'll see how everything pans out.

Waving Hi to long lost Jacque & Laura.

Happy New Year everyone! I've really made a pig it f myself today!! We had so much food for our party and so many sweets! I'm stuffed to the brim!

I never got in XTrain Legs here. So what do you all do in a rotation when you miss a day? I have skipped and I have kept moving. when I skip I feel guilty, when I move on I feel behind and eventually I feel somewhat defeated. I can hope that I don't skip any and can just not have Sunday rest day. Then I'll be back on track. I'm not sure what I will be able to do, hopefully I can do legs as it's not too bad but only Hubby and Little K have gone to bed. Well, I'm sitting outside of Little K's room because he woke up...so I missed out on my turn of Make N Break! Love that game. I don't think we ar going to get to Flash or Qbits, they are really fun fast paced games!

Diana, I have Accountable Kids and it worked well for a few years, but lately I think it has become too much. They did help a lot today though! They picked up the basement and their own rooms. I vacuumed everywhere, we have wall to wall carpeting except for the front hall, powder room and kitchen. And so technically we have 3.5 baths. The people before use finished their basement and put in a full bath down there which is really cool but not constructed well. So we can't put a lot of tp in there in fear of clogging it. I also got all the bathrooms cleaned except my shower and soaking tub (leaking so we can't use it anyway :( ). Our shower needs serious help in the cleaning dept.

(hours gone by)

4:30 I guess I should go to bed!! Up talking with cousins! Well, Hubby's cousin, but I don't really have much contact with my cousins so they are it!

Happy New Year all!

Yesterday I did STS legs, #3. Then the bonus portion of Low Impact Challenge. Both I broke into small pieces.

I've had a bit of soreness on two muscles on the side of my left knee. I didn't know I had muscles there. It's not a tendon thing and it's not debilitating, but at the end of the day yesterday I was pretty worn out. I think I probably shouldn't have done the LIC, at least completely. Granted I give myself 5 minute breaks every 10 minutes.

I have a medical condition that made it impossible for me to do step workouts for like 5 years simply because of my balance. I couldn't walk in heels, I couldn't hike, and I was very unsure of my footing. This year, things are different and I am thrilled to be able to do the choreography on the step with no hesitation. It is such a blessing!

So today it is STS #2 chest and back.

Thanks for doing this Diana!

Got in XTrain Legs! I always liked that one, but I need to send it back as when I get to the discs I have to skip over the right leg side lunges as it stops. So I skip it and rewind to watch the left side while I do the right and then rewind again to watch the left while doing the left. Since the RWH/XTrain rotation doesn't use that one again, I'm going to try to mail it out tomorrow I hopes that I will get it back when I'm ready to do it again. I have to tell you I hate lunges!! I don't mind them on the discs,I kinda like those, but regular ones or the dixie cup ones!

Thanks for doing this Diana!

Got in XTrain Legs! I always liked that one, but I need to send it back as when I get to the discs I have to skip over the right leg side lunges as it stops. So I skip it and rewind to watch the left side while I do the right and then rewind again to watch the left while doing the left. Since the RWH/XTrain rotation doesn't use that one again, I'm going to try to mail it out tomorrow I hopes that I will get it back when I'm ready to do it again. I have to tell you I hate lunges!! I don't mind them on the discs,I kinda like those, but regular ones or the dixie cup ones!

Is Xtrain different from Xtrian Xpress? I mean is the former an update of the latter or are they separate programs? What are your impressions of Xtrain? I haven't tried any yet.

So I did STS #2 chest and triceps. I was a little spent after yesterday. I did 30 minutes. It wasn't that it was difficult, it was that I felt fatigued. So, anyway my goal this week was 15 minutes day....

I saw a gal on tv show who was 650 pounds and had bariatric surgery, and lost 350 pounds. She thendidn't eat enough or drink enough one months, and she exercised too hard and she almost died. It happens!

Last edited:
Missy, I have never heard of XTRain express, maybe it's an older DVD? I love XTrain tho, I own them all but the Ride on.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.