Damage Control December

Whew! I got home from work and the kitchen ceiling was leaking. We have to tear 1/2 the ceiling out to figure out where the water is coming from...something about a furry line? I think. It's over my head...literally and figuratively-hah! So then we had to go grocery shopping because tomorrow is my xmas party at work. I'm the veggies and dip person (mostly so I have something to eat)! Then back home, unload, prep the tray, set up the coffee pot...etc. At 6:30 my husband was ready for dinner but I HAD to try a new workout...you guys understand! So he ate and I did Plyo HiiT 2-it uses a step. It was good and hard...short and to the point. I was good and sweaty at the end. Some of the moves were really hard-especially the first two exercises. I had to go back at the end and try those two again. I got #1 pretty good, but #2 is too much yet for me. I get about 8 reps to Cathe's 12. You'll see what I mean when you try it!

Tomorrow I'm planning on the Chest workout. I'm not following a rotation-just trying different ones for a bit. I kind of agree with LL about getting sick of of programs if I do them nonstop for a rotation. We'll see. STS is so different though because it's never the same workout!

Beth

Yesterday was icy down pours and I made the trek to my mailbox six times (mud boots, hat, parka, gloves) only to find it completely empty. I didn't workout yesterday morning because I was so excited to try RWH. My mail person finally arrived around 6 p.m. and left me bills and ads (BILLS AND ADS!!!) only. I half-heartedly did GSL, standing portion only. I am NOT going to make that mistake today, I'm doing an old kickbox workout and will assume NOTHING today. (can you feel the gravity of my disappointment) This is what happens when your last name is towards the end of the alphabet.

Beth, sorry to hear about your leaky ceiling. I hope it's an easy repair. PH2 is the cardio I'm most excited to try. :)

Diana, I'm not sure what rotation I'll do after a few weeks of RPW. I looked at the rotations posted but I want a long three + month plan of STS/XT/RPH/GS. I'll come up with something after the holidays.

Hi to everyone, BBL to check in. :)

Hi Ladies,

I'm in a 3 day training class for the next few days. I took melatonin last night before bed and slept like a baby. I needed it too. This morning I only had time for a short w/o so did HIIT DWP and the abs challenge.

My discs have not arrived yet either. :( I'm sure they'll be here in the next day or so. Another Cathlete that lives in my city received hers yesterday so I thought for sure mine would've arrived too. If I get them today then I'll for sure be doing one tomorrow morning. If not, it will probably be another short w/o.

Beth-oh no, sorry about the leaky ceiling. I certainly hope it is nothing serious or expensive. Veggies and dip are great for parties. You can make healthy dip with fage 0% or not use any dip at all. I'm so excited to try all the new w/o's, if they ever arrive. :)

Tina-I feel your disappointment. I like your idea of mixing and matching the different series into a longer rotation. That's what I like to do to. It helps prevent boredom and keeps things fresh. Do you ever hear from Sue or Candice? I've been wondering what they've been up to.

Hi to Jacque, Laura and LL

back to class....

Quick update: I came home from shopping tonight, still raining here, and outside my garage on the ground is my beloved Cathe package. No flimsy plastic UPS covering, just the envelope sopping up the rain. I almost didn't seeing it driving into my garage. Does this bother me? NO NO NO NO NO!! CAUSE MY CATHE PACKAGE IS HERE. :D:D:D

Last night was XT B&T and RWH abs #2 with DH. This morning was Hiit Circuit Lower Body and Plyo #2 and Abs #1. I was wiped out after HCLB so I changed my step height to six inches during P2. So far I'm really loving these new workouts. They have great potential to be added to an STS rotation. My favorite stretch has been from HCLB, it will be great after a long bike ride. Tonight DH and I are going to try LIHI Legs.

Diana, have you rec'd yours yet? I hope so!

Last edited:
Happy Friday Eve!

This morning was BR day 18 I think. It was a tough 50 minute sweaty circuit! Tonight is bootcamp class. Perhaps my Cathe package will arrive today. fingers crossed

Another long day in a training class.

Tina-I'm so jealous....I must be the very last person still waiting for mine.

Where is everyone. Hi to LL, Laura, Jacque and Beth.

bbl

I'm here and reading, just busy with kid stuff.

I haven't tried the new workouts yet. :( I still have a nasty cough. But I was going to try the last 2 days and changed into my worth out clothes by 2 each afternoon, but never got to it! I tried to put one in my iMac and was going to do an ab wo from it, but my DVD drive is busted and do it just spit the DVD right back out. :(

I've gained 4-4 pounds in the last week, eating terribly, candy! Cookies! Brownies! I need to do the 21 day fix containers again with RWH or try to go sugar free like someone on here, was that you, rmrmr?

And spending an hour EACH afternoon on the phone with FIOS doesn't help. Our Comcast bill went up $20 this month so it's time to get or cable ack, we miss seeing the Eagles! But the transition stinks.

Can't wait to try the new workouts!! I'm not sure what I should try with the cough, I'd like to try the low impact ones, but I'm not sure I can hack it yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hey ladies ..

sorry been MIA -:oops: THE USUAL .o_O. LIFE .... getting in the way:rolleyes: .. but I have been keeping up w/my workouts!

I GOT MY NEW CATHE workouts .. woooohoo!! going to try the first one tonight .. low impact HiiT #1 .. and may add on the bonus abs! I should have the new MAX 30 at the house .. woohoooo ... Merry Christmas to me!! Cant wait to try all my new workouts .. woohoo!! Will be set for a while!! of course will still be doing my Pi-Yo .. LOVE those workouts!

Hello to all .... it is almost 5 here .. and about to be QUITTING time .. and time to get my CATHE workout on!!

I will try to be better about checking in ... tmrw is TGIF .. and I will try to get here for personals!

Have a great one!

TGIF Ladies!!!

My new workouts arrived last night and I intended to do one of the plyo w/o's this morning. I was too tired to get up and w/o today. Last night I skipped class to put up my Christmas tree. This commuting is terrible. It takes so much time away from home and things aren't getting done like they should at home. I'm spending basically 15 hours per week driving to and from work.

Laura-woo hoo, you got your new w/o's too! Have you tried any of the MAX 30 discs? I haven't ordered them yet, but am considering it. Pretty much any purchases are on hold with the impending layoffs at my company. We won't know anything until mid January.

LL-I certainly hope that cough goes away soon. Perhaps you could try drinking flavored tea (peppermint) is one of my favorites. That seems to help me abstain from eating junk. It's hard when all the yummy goodies are all around you. I host Christmas Eve for my family (brother/sister/nieces/nephews/significant other), and one of my nephews wants chocolate covered peanut butter balls, another one wants peanut clusters, one wants brownies etc. I try to make them as close to the event as possible and send the left overs home with everyone. I've also learned that I really just want the chocolate, not the cookie/brownie etc. That is why I went to buying 72% ghirardelli dark chocolate individually wrapped. I'm not the sugar free gal-that's Beth. I should be though, but that is an unreasonable expectation for me...especially this month.

BBL to see what everyone is up to.

DH and I ended up doing LIHI Legs last night. We were good and sweaty by the end. This morning was HCUB and LIH #2. Out of all the discs, HCUB is my favorite, with LIH #2 right behind it. My brain is trying to think of all different combos to put together with STS. We booked a trip for this spring, so I have and added kick in the pants to clean up my eating and put a good rotation in place.

Diana, hooray for your DVD's final arrival! What are you going to start with? Not to jinx you or anything, but would a lay off give you unemployment benefits and time to find a job closer to home? My DD just started a job over an hour away on a dangerous highway and I was so relieved when she quit this month and went back to her old job. Between snowy roads and distracted drivers (her especially) I feel like a weight has been taken off. She's happy to have that 2+ hours back everyday too. I just know how much getting my workout means to my well being, I just wish you could be closer.

Laura, good to see you're still alive and kicking! :) How was LIH #1?

No workout tomorrow, just a long day of work. I'm really missing cycling. Maybe Sunday if the sun ever shines again. C'mon spring!

Still no workout from me. But I'd did a lot of walking today around Philly. We, the 4 boys and I, took the train in and went Reading Terminal Market for lunch, then to the Macy's Light Show, Dicken's Village and then to the Comcast Light/really computer show on a whole wall. That was pretty awesome!

My cough is still terrible. I put in all the discs last night, watched the intros for the low impact then just checked premixes and equipment foe the rest. The music sounds much louder than Cathe's voice in the low impact 1, I only watched the beginning though. Hopefully it's just me not used to it...

Rmrmr, I will have to try the peppermint tea to fight off having the sweets. I say that as I'm eating Ghiradelli semi sweet chocolate chips! After I already had a few kisses and several handfuls of M&Ms. :( I am so bad at this whole eating thing! And I probably shouldn't be eating any of this while I have this cough!! I don't even know wo to do while feeling this way, normally I'd do something low impact, lower intensity, like slide and glide, turbo barre and yoga. I guess rotating those around with maybe butt and guts, I don't think that had any cardio and maybe the lift it hit it. Anyone who has tried it, how intense is it?

Hi ladies. Thanks for being here and letting me read what you're all up to! It motivates me! LL your Christmas outing with the kids sounded so lovely. Enjoy those times! I second the suggestion to drink tea to help curb your sweet tooth. I get my tea from an online site called The Republic of Tea. About two weeks ago I got their peppermint chocolate and it's awesome. It helped me avoid sugary things for the ten days I gave it up. Basically I learned I do not need a cookie every time I have coffee and I don't need a dessert after every meal! I'm considering doing a 10 day sugar fast the first 10 days of each month...anyone else want to? With 10 days it doesn't seem like it's forever! Anyway...our kitchen ceiling thing is a nightmare. Half the ceiling is out. We have a patch in place until the plumbers can come in next week to fix the old iron pipes. Please send good thoughts! We don't need any more pipes getting wrenched and start leaking during the fixing process. After that we can get the ceiling and light fixtures fixed...yea I can hardly wait.

Workout wise I've been trying some of the new discs and did Power Hour after work yesterday-I needed a good, solid strength workout and that one gets the job done! I did the upper body circuit a few days ago and found it really fast paced. I feel like Cathe is trying to get through the workout as fast as possible. Maybe as I get to know them I'll be more ready for all the quick changes. I've decided there's some exercises I just don't like doing-like the two dumb bells over the head tricep down and up move. I figure it's an upper body circuit so I just did more overhead presses. I do like the music. I've only tried the two Plyo HiiT 2 and the UB circuit. I may go do a LI HiiT now. It's nice to know they're not too long. Diana, this series may be right up your ally with your long commute! I've been trying to do 1 holiday "chore" every night to break it up!

Tina, I can't wait to hear how you put these new workouts into your rotations! You've inspired me to do more than one workout at times and to make my own-hence my mish mash of the kickbox dvds I did last week!

Poochy (are you Angela?) I'm still trying to get to know everyone! Woohoo! I love your enthusiasm! I gotta go workout now!

See you all soon.

Beth

Beth, I might be interested in the 10 day sugar free at the beginning of every month. Except I'd have to make an exception for my birthday: March 5!

I was in Lancaster with the family today seeing the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, we had a cousin in it. And it was so good, he was a satyr, so he didn't say much but he got to yell, "Shut up, Toad!!" And be in the combat scenes, so that was fun for him. But it made for a long day and so I didn't get a workout in. I did plan my meals for the following week, I'm going to do the 5 day inferno plan again, with 2 exceptions: Tuesday afternoon we will be at Hershey Farms for Lunch, buffet style....and then to see Moses at Sight and Sound! https://www.sight-sound.com/WebSite/shows.do?showCD=MOS. And Friday, I hope we have a date! The older boys have a Christmas party with their writing classes.

Tomorrow is another busy day: church food shopping, lunch at my dad's, basketball game, dinner, plan school, Eagles game. We were without cable for a year and when Comcast upped our monthly bill $20, we decided to switch.

I'm tempted to start the getting started rotation on Monday, but I'm not sure if I can with my cough still lingering...

Hi Ladies,

Today I plan on doing one of the long BR w/o's, it's 1:18. If I'm not too tired, then I will add on LIHI Legs. There are many errands on my plate today: grocery shopping, laundry, Christmas cards, decorate tree, wrap gifts, Christmas shopping etc.

DH and DS2 put up the "old 53" TV" in my workout area in the basement!!!!! I checked it out last night and it looks like Cathe is in the room with me!! It is replacing a 32" TV that will now be used for all the gaming devices. Today will be the first day using it with a w/o. :)

Tina-where will you be going in the spring? I'm not starting any rotation yet, but am considering the RWH/Xtrain rotation. Just getting acquainted with all the new w/o's will keep me busy for the next couple weeks until I decide on a rotation. Yes the layoff would allow me unemployment but I'm hoping that doesn't happen. My previous company that is near my home would not pay me what I deserved or what they paid others on my team. I got a 35% pay increase with my new job and would hate to lose that especially since I just purchased a new vehicle. I am keeping my eyes open and hope to work with a recruiter while I'm off work over the holidays. The commute is awful but we are considering moving closer, somewhere in between DH's and my work places.

LL-your outing with the boys sounds wonderful. I've struggled with overeating and eating junk my entire life. It has taken me years to come to terms with it and I still binge very occasionally. Denying myself would lead to bingeing. Perhaps you could put a photo of what you want to look like (your younger self perhaps) on your refrigerator. Try thinking "is what i'm about to do going to help me reach my goal". Being a chocolate chip junkie myself and not being able to stop myself from eating them out of the bag and sometime eating the whole bag (not kidding.), the solution for me was to stop buying them. Now I only buy what I need to make something special, not to have on hand every day. Have you considered a Roku instead of cable, or just Netflix. I'm not sure just netflix would be sufficient.

Beth-is your ceiling going to be fixed before Christmas? What a pain. Good to know you think the new w/o's are fast paced too. I had to rewind the plyo hiit a few times so I could see the moves, even the LIHI BSB too. Once I have them down it should be ok. I would love to join you No Sugar challenge. What do you consider sugar? No extra sugar, what about sugar in protein bars/shakes? I've had the worst dom's from power hour, those biceps and lunges....oh my. Poochy=Laura Angela pops in from time to time as we were on the RT together.

Hi to Jacque and Laura!

So Saturday I did LIH #1 before work. Sunday was a 27 miles messy road bike ride (covered in mud when I got home) and today was LIHI CST and PH#2 and Abs #1. I really LOVE the standing abs routine and the plank work at the end is my favorite ab plank ever. I had some great shoulder burn during LIHI, like hot juice pumping through! I followed Cathe's weight. I like when she shares her weight choices.

Diana, your workout room must look great. We used to have a big screen in our basement but it went kaploowie. We're back to an old cabinet style tv with very little connection option in back. Crossing my fingers you make it through lay offs. We planned another trip to Disney in March. A few years ago I lost 15 lbs before leaving by using STS and the Nutrition Manager. I'm planning on doing the same this year.

Beth, leaky pipes are the worst. It will look brand new after you're finished. I haven't done PH for over a year, I may need to pull that out before the end of the year. :)

BBL to check in on everyone. :)

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday only ended up being LIHI Legs. Too much to do and too little time. I didn't sleep very well last night and was too tired to w/o when the 5am alarm went off. If I was smart, I would just take melatonin every sunday night as that is almost always a poor sleep night for me. Tonight is class at the rec ctr and my w/o room is already set up for LIHI Chest/Shoulders and Triceps.

Yesterday was a very productive day. I was able to finish up most of the Christmas shopping. The cards are out, the gifts are purchased, still to be done is decorating the tree....and wrapping all those gifts!

Tina-glad you were able to get out and ride. I too like when Cathe shares her weight. I think that is one reason I'm not a fan of High Reps. I just don't even know where to start. We were supposed to have 2-6" of snow yesterday. Although it snowed all day, there isn't anything to show for it. We will be in the 40's all week. Yes, my new w/o TV is awesome. The only down side is we are unable to find the base for the TV that was hanging on the wall, so we cannot use it unless we re-mount it on the wall at the other end of the basement. I'm hoping to schedule a trip to Sea World/San Diego over spring break with my granddaughters. I will discuss that with their mom when I'm out there in January.

BBL to see what everyone else is up to.

Hi Ladies,

Where is everyone? Yesterday ended up being a rest day. Too much to do and too little time. I'm not going to stress about it. This morning I did LIHI CST. Tomorrow will be the Plyo Hiit w/o on the floor, #1 I think.

I'm a total stress eater....which I wasn't. I was on track all day yesterday until I got home. Anyway, it's all tracked in MFP and today is a new day.

We are having a pot luck and white elephant gift exchange at work tomorrow. Tonight I will be wrapping the gift and making homemade peanut clusters.

bbl

DH talked me into doing GS C&T last night. I figured because I did RWH C S T in the a.m., it would be a nice combo. My upper body is so sore this morning that I'm going to wait to do any workouts until tonight. I had CLB planned this a.m. but just the thoughts of holding 5lbs makes me shutter. Live and learn.

I must remember to press "post reply". I typed that earlier this morning. I'm feeling much better now and may try to squeeze in CLB tonight.

Diana, I'm a stress eater to, but I've always been one. I'm getting excited for a nutrition challenge in January. :) What is a white elephant exchange? Is it like a Yankee swap?

At Moses at Sight and Sound in Lancaster! ate way too much at a buffet for lunch!

I love white elephant! Everyone brings a gift they don't want or a gag gift to give. More later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was LIHI BSB and PH#2. It was a great combo. Those over-over jumps are really hard on an eight inch step. I did modify to a FOUR inch platform. I'll have to work up to those. Loved the finishers on LIHI. I did use the stability ball for the prone rear delt work. Much more gentle on the upper body padding. ;) DH wants to do GS B&B tonight together. We'll see....

BBL to check in on everyone. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.