Count Down - Front and Center

yes yes... we all have our vices. I have one cheat meal per week (usually pizza or pasta :eek:).

Clean eating is my ultimate challenge in a world where everything comes in a nifty little microwaveable package and finding time to eat is hard (never mind shop, prepare, pack....) My friends at work always say that im mean to myself when I decline their goodies! haha!

I guess the trick is just to decied which vices are WORTH IT! I don't beat myself up over an occasional treat. If we "work work" then we are allowed to ease off now and again ;)

You're not alone: I don't eat completely clean either. I have one cheat meal per week where I eat whatever (within reason, usually sushi) and how much I want, I eat microwaveable meals (like Lean Cuisine or Weight Watchers), and eat the occasional cookie or chips. This is supposed to be a lifestyle, and if we have to eat clean (which I interpret as never eating processed foods), we will never be able to sustain it over the long term. So I follow WW and keep within my points range and hope for the best.

I have been doing weight watchers! I love their new program! It has really helped me clean up my act :) chocolate, peanut butter and pizza are my vices :-0.
Tracy

I broke down and bought a new pair of sneakers too! I did get more Ryka Revive's after all. This time the Revive 3. Figured I love the Revive and Revive 2 so much I might as well give the newbies a try! :cool: Hopefully i can get everything packed this week so that there are no extra stressers next week... smooth sailing!

11 days... techinically less than that now ;)

Took my new sneaks for a test drive today, they are awesome!!! Hope you love the revive 3:)
Tracy

My entire body is sore today... even my toes ache :eek: but...this round of STS is drawing to a close, my suitcase it almost ready to zip shut and Disney is in sight!

Challenge for the next 11 days my friends- a CLEAN diet. If you think your diet is already clean.... try to make it even CLEANER!

(Laura- this means no cheetos! lol!)

We must be top notch... lots of strength needed in WDW! Power it up peeps! :p

Jenn, are you seriously almost packed??!!?? You are so organized! I've been thinking about getting started for about a week now, but...so far....nothing. Gotta do it this weekend though or I'll be forgetting something! (not hair elastics though-got a new pack: enough to spare and share!!!)

You didn't forget to pack your "Travel Fit", did you? I plan to knock that out between workouts 4 and 5 on Saturday afternoon. WHO'S WITH ME??

9 Days...I am getting nervous, just so much to do. And reading all of these posts about sneakers, I usually workout in my running shoes and I plan on using them for the RT (am I crazy?).

So, I am pasty white, my hair needs a trim, I could us a pedicure...and still some clothing shopping is needed, UGH!!!!

Any news about the Cycle tryout form? And how about purchasing extra meal tickets....I am lost!

ha! actually- I put them on for the first time last night when I did the cathe pushup challenge. :p Tomorrow we can try some step!

How'd those shoes work during the push-up challange? I'll bet you were able to press harder, faster and farther that ever before!!!!

Jenn, I just used my regular ASICs work-out sneakers at the Houston RT and plan to do the same again.

As far as the "pasty white" thing goes, I got you beat!!! I'm a freckle-faced red-head and have the complexion to go with it. (In the summer, from a distance, all my freckles sort-of meld together and I look almost normal-colored.) Stand next to me and you'll look like Malibu Barbie!

The only problem I can think of with wearing regular running shoes is that we'll be working out in a conference room, and most conference rooms are carpeted. So, they'll be a little grippier on the soles than a shoe made specifically for mixed aerobics (at least, my Ryka Studio Flexes have smoother soles than my Ryka running shoes). But...I haven't been to a road trip before, so maybe one of the veterans here can weigh-in on whether or not that is actually a problem.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

The only problem I can think of with wearing regular running shoes is that we'll be working out in a conference room, and most conference rooms are carpeted. So, they'll be a little grippier on the soles than a shoe made specifically for mixed aerobics (at least, my Ryka Studio Flexes have smoother soles than my Ryka running shoes). But...I haven't been to a road trip before, so maybe one of the veterans here can weigh-in on whether or not that is actually a problem.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Ok- here's my take- i wear running shoes ALOT! I wear crosstrainers too... but I prefer my running sneakers. I took one really good tumble during bootcamp in Texas (carpeted room), but it was in my cross trainers! lol! I'll admit though, that it had nothing to do with my sneaks. We were running backwards and there was a metal plate in the floor. My sneaker caught it and OOPS! :) I haven't had any issue otherwise.

Jenn, are you seriously almost packed??!!?? You are so organized! I've been thinking about getting started for about a week now, but...so far....nothing. Gotta do it this weekend though or I'll be forgetting something! (not hair elastics though-got a new pack: enough to spare and share!!!)

You didn't forget to pack your "Travel Fit", did you? I plan to knock that out between workouts 4 and 5 on Saturday afternoon. WHO'S WITH ME??

I'll pack my band... but I may not be joining you if the plan is between workouts 4 and 5.. i'll be too busy stuffing my face full of lunchtime goodies! lol!

Ok- here's my take- i wear running shoes ALOT! I wear crosstrainers too... but I prefer my running sneakers. I took one really good tumble during bootcamp in Texas (carpeted room), but it was in my cross trainers! lol! I'll admit though, that it had nothing to do with my sneaks. We were running backwards and there was a metal plate in the floor. My sneaker caught it and OOPS! :) I haven't had any issue otherwise.

This makes me feel better. I never used cross trainers for anyting...EVER!! I just feel better in my Asics or Brooks (sometimes I'll even use my Nike Frees).

Thanks!!

So, I am pasty white, my hair needs a trim, I could us a pedicure...and still some clothing shopping is needed, UGH!!!!

Any news about the Cycle tryout form? And how about purchasing extra meal tickets....I am lost!

Okay- you have 8 days!!!-quick-- run to the store and grab some jergens natural glow lotion. A week is plenty of time for the gradual tanner :) ... while you're there grab some bright nail polish and give yourself a pedi. As far as the hair needing a trim- i figure we will be so sweaty that it won't matter anyway! lol! :) optimism optimism optimism!!! :p

Im getting anxious about that tryout form.... where is it!!!! :confused:

OK: no new shoes....too late. You don't want a blister to ruin the RT.

Stand next to me to immediately increase your "tan factor".

No disaster if you don't get a pedi unless you plan to wear sandals to work out in! (as I recall, we were rarely out of our sneakers!)

I need a hair cut, too, but I elected to wait until AFTER the RT as my longer hair will stay in a ponytail better. (that's my excuse for my out-of-control hair and I'm sticking with it)

I sent my audition form back days ago,,,,ya'll missed the deadline.

No disaster if you don't get a pedi unless you plan to wear sandals to work out in! (as I recall, we were rarely out of our sneakers!)

I need a hair cut, too, but I elected to wait until AFTER the RT as my longer hair will stay in a ponytail better. (that's my excuse for my out-of-control hair and I'm sticking with it)

I've never had a Ryka blister, I like sandals at dinner, your messy hair will be in hundreds of photos and your a big MEANY!! lol! just kidding Laura Bean... love ya bunches :)

Okay- you have 8 days!!!-quick-- run to the store and grab some jergens natural glow lotion. A week is plenty of time for the gradual tanner :) ... while you're there grab some bright nail polish and give yourself a pedi. As far as the hair needing a trim- i figure we will be so sweaty that it won't matter anyway! lol! :) optimism optimism optimism!!! :p

Im getting anxious about that tryout form.... where is it!!!! :confused:

Thanks, Jenn, you have a solution for everything...I did decide to just focus on what's most important. I can do all of those things before the Glassboro RT. It's going to be so hot at Disney that my hair will be up everyday, and I can try my hardest to make my toes look halfway decent. I think I might still have some Jergen's natural glow that I can use. If I look orange in Disney, you'll know why!!!

Will I look a different shade of orange if I stand next to you during the RT?

I will volunteer my services for french braids if anyone is interested!!!

Not sure my sneakers would look cute with my sundress, but I guess I could start a new fashion trend.

Where is my audition form? Do I need to be part of a special Imaginary Cathlete Friends Group?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.