Commit to Get Fit for July!!!

'Morning!
Belinda, how can you do T25 with your foot? Unless done on a rebounder there's no way I would try it. You are tough! Are you over jet lag?
Kristin, ughhh, don't you hate how their negativity can put others in a bad mood? Did you get to the beach? Glad you're enjoying sts so much and already seeing results.
Deb, sorry to hear the gym is closing. Wonder if the Y knows you've closed four others down? My dh would definitely tease me about that. Hope you enjoy the beach today,
Amelia, good for you for checking around for another job. That's hard to do, and I have to put my self into a really confident frame of mind to do it. How does dh like his job?
Melissa, glad to hear how you're doing! Living on the beach while in college, sounds like it could be a setting for a great reality show. Hope you relax and recharge these five weeks.
Flying home tonight but don't get in until 1:15 in the morning, and then have to leave by 6:45 for work! Have an all day meeting today. Last night went for a 7 mile walk for a couple of other folks here for the meeting. Well, it turned into a 12.8 one - almost a half marathon. It was good to get such a long distance in, but boy was I thirst when done.
Cookie

Good morning,

Today I will do STS D2 Bic + Tric:)

Cookie - I think I have to lay off high impact like T25:confused: My foot was cramping up really bad:( Safe travels! Glad you had a great vacation. I am still jet leg:( I could sleep all day long:confused:

Debbie - wouldn't that be nice seeing Cathe:D You are so lucky living so close to everything. Have a wonderful time at the beach today. I want to go! Good job on your spin class last night.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. Be back later to report my workout.

Morning girls,

Yesterday cardio was good. I ended up doing 30 mins on the elliptical and a 15 min run interval :)

Today will be all lower body weights. I plan on warming up with a power walk for about 10 mins then hitting the weight machines:D

Belinda-Glad to ready you had a good time on your trip earlier this month. How is everything? Great job on your workouts Lady:)

Deb-Great job on your double workout yesterday. Enjoy your day at the beach, hopefully the weather is pretty for you. Its raining here in Ga today, yesterday was pretty though...

Melissa- Happy to see you checking in :) Wow...3 houses down from the beach. You gotta spare room for a very quiet ga girl?;) Great job on your workouts. And yes ma'am, still in the bakery but im hoping to be moved to the deli soon ( i hear its just as sucky over there but at least I won't have the bakery beast hovering over my shoulder aka bakery manager)

Kristin-My DS is a video-gamer too. Lately I've had to limit his time on the computer to 3 hours a day or he would live,eat and breath on the thing. He too throws hissy fits whenever I ask him to get off. Its so frustrating. At least school starts soon;) Nice job on your workout!

Cookie-Awesome job on your 12 mile walk. I can imagine the thirst after that. My DH seems to love his job, he sits on his butt all day LOL. ( driving several different forklifts) I applied at his job and really hoping to get a call back soon, he's been hounding the HR manager to hire me so fingers crossed. :)

Did I miss anybody?

ok...so im ready to start losing weight again. Since last year I have put on about 3 pant sizes. For some reason its hard this time guys, I can't seem to get started. I know I can do it - just having a hard time starting. the past three mondays have been 'start dates' ( this week included:confused:) why monday? I don't know:rolleyes: Im starting to get serious today though...

For now I think I should stay away from counting calories and logging my food since I seem to get obsessed with it and just eat healthy. Eat when Im hungry and snack on healthy food. I think that + my workouts will get the weight off, eventually.

Hi everyone. I just finished tabatacise premix 2. I have major DOMs in my legs from Monday's workout and it was hard to get through this one today, especially when we got to the sprint shooters.

We did end up going to the beach. We were there for two hours. It was nice, not too hot, a nice breeze. When we got home we had to rush to eat dinner and then off to DS's baseball game. He threw another hissy fit when he struck out. It was so bad my DH benched him for an inning. I was really embarrassed. His behavior was just awful yesterday. Now today. . . I am cranky. . . TOTM is coming, but the both of them are getting on my nerves. They are just wrestling all the time and bickering and it's ridiculous. I am supposed to go food shopping and I wanted to drop them off at my parents just so I could do it in peace and quiet and my younger DS is crying because he wants to go with me. Can I just have an hour to myself with no one asking me for anything, please? Is it me? I am ready to run away, lol.

Amelia- Welcome back! I think you have the right idea to get started. Don't start logging right away, just take the small steps to start to get back on track. I think it is easier that way.

Belinda- Yay! You jumped on the STS bandwagon. I was looking at my scheduled workouts and I realized that next week I am done with Meso 1 already! Feels so good to be lifting again.

Cookie- I hope you had a great flight! Good job on that walk!

Deb- I cannot believe the amount of trouble they are in. It is so sad. I had to laugh about your comment about yoga at night being harder. For me, it's the opposite, much harder in the morning.

Mel- what beach are you off of? How do you like Stony Brook? The traffic, ugh! You'll never get used to it. I've been here my whole life and it still aggravates me to no end.

Okay, off to go food shopping. . . hopefully in peace!

Kristin

Hello ladies! I was supposed to go to the beach today but I'm not sure if that's gonna happen; I'm still in my PJs lol. I did manage to clean the house though and I have 30/30 and some SJP/SB premix planned as a workout for later today. Also, not sure if it's how I slept but my neck has been sore for the past 2 days. I have to turn it in slow motion to keep me from screaming in pain. UGH.

Belinda, this is what I saw for the free Italian course: Italian course online free. You'll need a flash player to listen to the lessons.

Deb, is The Jersey Shore an actual day?! Lol, I'm so confused! Either way, hope you guys have a blast! I saw that whole thing about Joe possibly getting deported. That is crazy. I also feel bad for those little girls but their parents are nuts.

Cookie, hahaha it does sound like reality show material. Last year there were 6 of us in a house and it was a nightmare: 3 girls, 3 guys, tons of drama. My roommate and I always joked that we were starring in Real World LI. wow, you have quite a day ahead of you! And that walk sounds amazing. Glad you enjoyed it!

Amelia, lol yes we actually have 2 spare rooms! We finally set them up so people could stay over...only took us 2 months :eek: I do have my own workout room also which has been my dream FOREVER and now I finally have one! WOOHOO!! Hopefully you will get away from that bakery beast soon. She sounds all kinds of awful! I totally relate to your having difficulty starting the weight loss thing again; I feel the same way. But once I do, I feel amazing so hopefully if we keep checking in, we will be good to go! I think your plan sounds like a good one.

Kristin, good job on the tabatacise. That is a tough one. Aww poor DS! I read somewhere that guys could have periods, just obviously not physical ones like us. Maybe it's his TOTM too? ;) STS is really flying for you. I can't wait to start in 2 weeks! I love lifting too. I live in Sound Beach, so I'm right off whatever that beach is lol. It's on the north shore. It was so cool because for the 4th they did fireworks at the beach and after you could see all the CT port fireworks! I love SBU; their PT program is amazing and I didn't realize how much they drill into us until I did my clinical. There were students from other schools at the hospital I worked at and they didn't seem to know a lot of stuff, and they were a year ahead of me.

Ok girls, off to maybe go to the beach, maybe not. I feel like there is so much prep work to go even though it's within walking distance lol. Wow, I sound like a lazy ass right now!

Have a great day!! :p

Good afternoon,

Not sure, what's wrong with me lately:eek: I don't think I recovered from my trip to Germany? I am so tired? I have a doc appointment on Friday. Maybe he can figure out what's wrong with me! All I want to do is sleep...that's not normal!

I did D2 Back + Triceps. Had an awesome workout. I lowered my weights a little, don't want to my back to act up again.

Does anybody know, how to download to a Mac? Can't figure it out?

Amelia - glad you enjoy the gym. Good for you, girl! Have fun with your lower body workout tonight.

Melissa - thanks for the website. I will check it out. Although everyone/or almost everyone in Italy speaks English:p LOL! Did you go to the beach? And did you do 30/30 today? Get of the couch, girl!

Kirstin - wtg, on tabatacise premix 2. I can't believe you are almost done with M1. Yeah, I jumped on the STS band wagon:p Thanks to you and Debbie:p

Cookie - safe travels! Arr...about working tomorrow. Hope you get some rest this weekend.

I will be back in the morning. Good night. Still need to stretch and walk the dogs. BB in the morning.

Workout done! I did 30/30 and the hi/lo & weights circuit premix from SJP. My friend is coming over tonight for wine Wednesday before she leaves for 3 weeks to see her family in AZ.

Belinda, lol nope never made it to the beach! I laid around like a huge slug. Nice workout today. Hope you get some energy back! Have you been feeling like that since you got back or was it before then too?

Have a great night!

Hi,

We went to the beach today it was a beautiful day the weather man said it would be an 11 & sure enough it was. We did have a late start, I don't go to the beach often so needed to track everything down. I felt bad because DH was stressed but he was patient & the day turned out nice. We wanted to meet my older ds for dinner who lives by the shore but he had to work. We came home & went to dinner with younger ds & his gf.

Belinda - I'm hoping it is jet lag, you were gone for awhile & jumped right back into life so hopefully it is that.

Kristin - I remember when my boys went through the fighting/wrestling stage I didn't like that but it didn't last long. I loved the beach today, could have used a sweatshirt, you are so lucky you can go so often (Melissa too) :)

Melissa - I was teasing because some of the beaches are like the reality show Jersey Shore but we went to one of the quieter ones. It's crazy that he would be deported not sure why they wouldn't have paid once they started making money:confused: For you the beach is always there;)

Amelia - We are getting the rain tomorrow:( I always remember my Mom & Aunts saying they would start there diet on Monday. I guess it's crazy to even consider it on a weekend:) I think you have a great plan in place!

Cookie - You are almost home, you are going to be so tired. Great job on the 12 mile walk, I'm sure it went quickly having people to talk to. One time I needed to catch up with a neighbor & ended up walking really far but didn't even realize till we were done.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.