Commit to get Fit and Lean for February 2014

Hey girls,

Back to report my first workout: KettleBell Kickboxing Power = 37 min is done! Love it! Well, I love anything with kickboxing:p That one made me sweat like crazy:p

I will be back after my 2nd workout!

Hey girls,

Just finished Imax 2 interval 1-5 premix, modified. I almost did some weight work after that but decided to do a full body tomorrow. Guess my week of 'taking-it-easy' isn't going so well. LOL I tried to not workout but I kept thinking about it.:p Its ok..its a good thing right?;)

I will bb later with some personals...

Good evening,

P90X3 Triometrics is done!

Amelia - good job on getting your workout in! I'll bet your feel better too!

Good night, ladies!

Hello all. I just finished PUB. My chest is still shaking, lol. I don't know if school will be open tomorrow or not. The weather updates keep changing. Time will tell. I am hoping it is closed just because I don't want to drive on ice and snow and I am so over this school year, lol. If school is open, I have my teacher course tomorrow night, which will make it an even longer day. Today the kids were hyped up, between the Super Bowl and the day off, plus all the talk of snow. . . it got to their heads I guess.

Anyway. . .

Melissa- you should have thrown so snow on your male roommate, lol. What a jerky thing to do. Sometimes I really believe chivalry is dead.

Deb- funny how you mention Kelly Ripa. She was one of the reasons I thought to do it. I love how her hair looks. I got a lot of compliments on my hair today. I still need to get used to it.

Cookie- that is what I hate about this damn module I am doing. . . too much per lesson, does not fit in my 40 minute period. What stinks is that I have no time given to me to be trained on how to use the module or time to plan with my colleagues. I tried to go straight through it, but it is impossible. The lessons are ten pages long, FULL of mistakes (6th grade questions for my entry task for chapter 8 just to name one), and each lesson requires at least 3 photocopies per student, which adds up really quick. I told my AP that we will run out of paper in March this year (we normally run out in May and then I buy two boxes to get me through the year :mad:). Anyway. . . what I hate most of all, is that I want to teach my way. I know the common core. I've created great common core units and lessons. I don't need to do an entire module. That is why I liked the Odell units better. They are shorter and adaptable and you can even go to their website and alter the documents/handouts to fit your needs. Okay. .. need to stop complaining now. I hold on to the hope that this backlash against the King and Tisch and the tests continue and that an end will come to all of the nonsense. I like the standards, just not the %^$%^ that the state did with them.

Belinda- no new dvds for me. I need to save some $$. I am on the fence about my next purchase. I think when I have some extra cash I will go for Party Rockin Step 1. I love 2 so much.

Okay, off to bed!

Kristin

Hi,

#*%($ that's all I can say about the ice and snow coming our way! I'm going to try and get my workout in early because they are calling for possible power outages. I'm hoping the weathermen get this all wrong:)

Today I did Pilates X (P90X3) don't think I've done pilates in almost a year. I liked this one because it was fast paced & only 30 min.

Belinda - I think you are right I'm going to love this series. I didn't quite understand the 21 day fix, will need to research it more.

Kristin - Good luck, I hope you don't have school they said the ice is going to be really bad. Is the haircut easy to manage?

Amelia - I think the ice you had in GA is coming our way! I keep thinking I should pull out an IMAX, good job.

Cookie - Both of those dates sound good to me. I am forgetful now, I couldn't imagine if I only had 5 hours sleep:( I saw a new product (can't remember now) to help eye circles. I know their is a Clinque product that has really good reviews.

Melissa - I hope you are having an easy week. I always wonder how you catch up with studies in College because they don't make up days?

Goodnight:)

Hey I'm watching news as I type this. My district has a two hour delay but the roads aren't supposed to get better til afternoon. I'm thinking of taking a sick day. If I call in then I plan on doing a good, sweaty cardio session :)

Amelia- great workout yesterday! One if my favs. What TB do you have in store for today?

Good morning,

I will do P90X3 Lower Eccentric and STS M2 D20 today:D

Debbie - glad you liked P90X3 Pilates! Tony packs a lot in 30 min! They sold out with the 21 Day Fix:D I think a lot of people are interested in in the portion control containers that come with the program. The workouts are only 30 min.

Kirstin - if you call in sick today, have a great long workout. I am interested in the new BB series:confused: I am not into step anymore:roll eyes:

Waving Hi to Cookie and Melissa!

I will be back after my workout. BBL!

Good morning! not much to report here besides the fact that it's icy and I don't think one plow has come through our neighborhood all morning :confused: Not sure whether we have class or not.

Last night I did High Reps upper body premix and JM's 30 Day Shred level 1. I like adding 30 DS on to my weight workouts: short and sweet. I'm thinking I might do each level once a week...or at least try to.

OH and I finally decided on what I want to do for clinic next spring! I requested for an outpatient placement with focus in either neuro or health & wellness and another for acute rehab which is basically longer-term intensive rehab after people get discharged from the hospital. I loved working in the hospital so much but I want more of a challenge. I felt so relieved after turning all my paperwork in yesterday :D

Cookie, the new guy lives about 35 min away. I have to check my class schedule re: the dates. I know May won't work because I will have class but June might. But I don't want anyone to wait for me!!

Belinda, that kickboxing/KB workout sounds interesting. I might have to check that one out! Oh man and P90X3 pilates?! You're enabling me, girl! ;)

Amelia, nice job on Imax 2 last night! LOL I know what you mean; I was supposed to have my rest week last week and by Sunday I was itching for a workout. Why I picked Intensity as that workout is beyond me :eek:

Kristin, LOL when he came out the first time to "help" us shovel (mind you, it took him 45 min to get out there after I asked) I pelted him with a snowball. It's so weird because he is actually a really nice guy and does stuff for me all the time but when it comes to actually doing anything physical, it's worse than dealing w a woman. Did you decide to take a sick day today?

Deb, I was just thinking about the power going out. Knock on wood that doesn't happen! That is the worst. Sometimes we make up days, depending on the professor. Since we missed a lab Monday, we have to make it up on the 19th which means we will stay until 6PM that day :( Otherwise, some professors post videos online that we can watch, some give textbook readings (bad for me since I never buy books), and some just breeze over material we missed.

Have a great day and be safe!!

'Morning!
Belinda, sorry I am so bad at remember birthdays! I need to put them in my calendar. Just stopped to put yours in. Wish others would tell me so I can be sure not to forget. Like Kristen, I'm trying to not spend, but you are quite the enabler! 30-min workouts are very appealing. I love UY and it does help me sleep, but they are 75 minutes long, and that's just hard to do before leaving for work in the morning. Except, I guess I could on the days I wake up at 3 am!
Amelia, wow you are the cardio junkie lately. I like the music in Imax 2, and that's on tap for me once I get downstairs. Did you send us this weather?
Melissa, your roommate is really not a team player. As I tell my dd, that's not the type of guy you want. But I'm sure you already know that. Is it shovel max for you today?
Kristen, we have a snow day. I was so disappointed in yesterday's session at NTI. The 7th gr math modules are overwhelming and go so much deeper than the CC. I agree we need to increase rigor and standards but what about the gaps? How can you teach proportions when students haven't mastered their multiplication facts? Subtraction w/regrouping? Forget integers! One lesson in module 4 has percent error, percent increase, and percent decrease in it! That's a lot to teach in 45 minutes, plus the terms are so similar Marzano would spin like a tornado if a teacher presented it to him. The ambiguity in the writing of the lessons and what the presenters thought they meant was startling. Other times I've left NTI enthused about the standards but it is the modules with which I'm frustrated. There is a disconnect between them, where are students currently are, and the assessments. BTW, the third module in 7th teaches expressions and equations in the context of geometry. Now, that's a great way to do it, only most of geometry is post assessment! In the first few years, we have so many gaps to fill in, I can't recommend my colleagues spend pre-assessment time on it. We've been having to rewrite it to accommodate our gaps, but that's time and there's little of it Ok, I'll stop. Sorry.
Deb, so you got Px3? What is the 21-day thing? Did you get that also? Clinique? I'll check it out. I think most of the money I've ever spent on makeup has been on undereye concealers. It seems to be my holy grail. Hope you're not going into the city today.
Snow day, so some time to clean the house, work on curric and planning, and Imax2.
Cookie

What was I thinking? Oh right, I must not have been. Imax2 was too much for me today. modified a lot on the minitramp.
Cookie

I'm back! I stayed home because the boys' school was closed today. I am glad I stayed because the roads are pretty bad from what I see on the news. I live more in the center of the island, and my job is more south of the expressway, so they did not get it as bad as us. Anyway, I am happy to be home. I just did Tabatacise, premix #3 (1-3 plus core 1) and now I am going to play a family game of monopoly. Making spaghetti and meat sauce for dinner, yummy!

Cookie- as I was doing Tabatacise I was thinking the same thing as you. . . What was I thinking. It was hard. I like the music on that one, but the fun factor is small compared to X10 I think. Anyway, glad I stayed home. One less day to have to do the module. My grades are due on Friday. I plan on entering them later today.

Melissa- I have the 20 DS dvd but I have never done it. Maybe I will mix things up with it and try it out. Is Jillian annoying?

Belinda- tabatacise wasn't so long, but it was intense. :). I have to do this one more I think. I need to build up the endurance for it, lol.

Deb- how are you holding up? DH got all crazy phone calls this morning from NJ and Conn because of the weather conditions and stores closing. Stay warm and safe inside!

Waving hello to Amelia and Lori!

Kristin

Hey girls,

I've got exciting news!!

So I was flipping through channels last night and when I stopped at QVC they were showing the total gym and I was in awe of it. Actually I was drooling:eek:
And guess what? YUP..I ordered it and it ships out the 25th of Feb Here is a link to the one I bought there is a video of it too if you scroll down. I did the 6 easy payment plan...OMG can't wait to try it!! :D:D:D It comes with 8 attachments and 4 dvd's. Im so excited :)

ok..no workout yet. I've been a slacker. BBL with personals:)

Hi,

Not much shoveling today just gave up . . . we all did! My BIL came to try and plow our driveway and could only do a small part, the ice was so thick:confused: The streets are good but the town plow truck plowed snow boulders all along our sidewalk & driveway. We chopped at the ones by our driveway but left the others for now. I need the Sun to come out:eek:

I did P90X3 MMA, liked that one.

Belinda - I never heard of a series selling out:confused: I saw the containers when I searched they must have run out of those. The workouts look good, wonder how many you get, do you think 21?

Kristin - It's was a good idea you took off today, heard of so many accidents on the news. DS's gf has a jeep and she went out later in the day and was slidding.

Amelia - I always wondered about the Total Gym it does look like a good thing and those late night commercials get us everytime;)

Melissa - The professors that do the videos sounds like a great idea, the beauty of technology:) All the schools were closed around here & some delayed opening for tomorrow or closed.

Cookie - I cleaned too on the snow day but it went by too quick:) I'll have a lot to make-up but this time of year I'm only part-time anyway. I did get P90X3 they are only 30 min. so less excuses when I'm short on time. I didn't order Beachbodies 21 day program but the preview videos looked good.

Good morning,

Yesterday I did P90X3 Yoga:) That's it! Wasn't in the mood to work out at all:confused:

Today I have to do STS D20 legs and P90X3 Eccentric legs!

Cookie - wow, on IMAX2! How are your legs feeling? I am still on the fence about the new BB workouts? I guess, I still have time until the end of this month to decided:eek: I love P90X3;) Glad I got this set!

Debbie - P90X3 MMA DH and I love this one! 21 Day Fix is on back order until late March. The containers sold out first day:D They only selling the containers with the dads for now. The 21 Day Fix program consists of 7 different workouts. Each workout lasts just 30 minutes, and they are mixed up over a span of just 3 weeks. The workouts can be done anywhere with little equipment since it uses resistance moves with the body. The price isn't bad for the workouts. The containers alone are around $17.

Kirstin - glad you enjoyed this one! I can't do a lot of Cathe's cardio workouts, they are to high impact with all the endless jumping jacks.

Melissa - those workouts are on sale on Amazon! They are 11 dvd's! They are a lot of fun! I need to go through all my large dvd collection. LOL! I posted the link on MFP.

Amelia - enjoy your new toy! Can't wait to hear reviews! I don't need/want another gym equipment :eek:

I will be back later.

'Morning!
Running a little late. Even tho the plow came yesterday twice, we're still shoveling this morning.
Belinda, you are such a tempter! P90x3, kettlebell kickboxing, and 21 days! My goodness, now I want to go check them all out. How would you rank them in order of preference?
Melissa, like how they're integrating tech more into your classes. Do you have far to go to get to school? Your plan for your internship sounds really good.
Amelia, now I have to check out TotalGym! We used to have a gym system when the boys were all here. Wonder if it is like that. Or is it more like a Bowflex? Love your excitement.
Kristen, I didnt' get anywhere as much done as I wanted to. Did manage to get in about an hour nap tho. That was awesome. Glad you were able to stay home yesterday.
Deb, I'm getting excited about the Olympics. DD must think dh and I are really clueless. She sent us directions on how to dvr them. Actually, she's right. We do need that. Its good that your somewhat slower work time coincides with this weather.
So, are we thinking June for our mini-road trip?
Today was 0-60. Haven't done it in a while and been wanting to get it in.
DH has shoveled out the car, so guess there's no excuse but to leave.
Cookie

Cookie - I have P90X3 and KBoxing! I think I will pass on the 21 Day Fix, although it's tempting:D I own so many workout DVD's already, I don't need anymore! I need to get the 21 Day Fix out of my head:p I told my husband about this one and he looked at me like I am crazy:confused: June is fine with me:D

Amelia - what happened to P90X:p

P90X3 Eccentric Lower is done!

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Hey ladies! Today I did MMA Fusion and Jackie Warner's Workout, just the abs section. I actually forgot I had that DVD. It was pretty tough. Today in class we learned that you can have strong abs that have NO endurance; apparently I fall right into that crowd :confused: Is it horrible that even though we had 2 days off from school this week, I'm glad tomorrow is Friday? :p

Cookie, do you willingly wake up at 3AM? I can't imagine getting up that early! Wow I can't believe you guys were still shoveling today. School isn't too far, probably 25 min or so.

Kristin, good idea in staying home yesterday. We didn't leave the house at all. Tabatacise is really tough. I think I did the whole thing one time and I had to modify towards the end. I can tolerate Jillian for 20 min so it isn't too bad; anything longer and I'd probably feel the need to punch the tv lol.

Amelia, that is so funny you mentioned the TG because today we ALSO learned that that is a great piece of equipment for strengthening our patients! My mom has it and she loves it! Hope you like it :D

Deb, ugh aren't those plows the worst? We were out shoveling and the plow guy came and actually told me to move my car and he would plow all along the side of the road for me so I wouldn't get iced in. That was nice of him because I was really feeling tired after shoveling all that heavy snow.

Belinda, you have so many DVDs lol! I'm amazed at your collection. You must never get bored! Nice job on STS today.

Have a great night everyone!

Hi,

The highways were good but the side streets & parking lots are very narrow with so many blind spots with the piles of snow 2x the size of me:confused: Around my house & driveway is one big ice block, I need to get salt but they said the stores are sold out. They did mention kitty litter so may give that a try but sounds messy.

I took a yoga class today at the gym.

Belinda - You are tempting me with 21 day it does look good & the price not so bad. I once saw not sure where a container system called Fit & Fresh that sounds similar to 21 day containers.

Melissa - That was so nice of the plow driver to do:) I don't own Jackie workouts but they seem tough.

Cookie - I started to watch the olympics but DVR is probably a better option because too many fillers in between events. June sounds good to me, I wanted to check out which days Cathe teaches & which class and get back to you.

Waves hi to Kristin & Amelia

'Morning!
Belinda, how do you keep track of all your workouts? Yesterday I was going thru one of my dvd binders and saw a Tracy Mallett I forgot I even had.
Melissa, I don't like waking up that early but it happens a lot. Wish I had better sleep habits. Nice about the plow guy. My abs are definitely a weak area for me. What Jackie Warner dvd do you have? Did you mom get you interested in exercise?
Kristen, are you ready for another storm on Sunday?!!! This is crazy. How often does your teacher group meet?
Amelia, I'm not looking at Total Gym. No I'm not even going to google it. Well, at least not this morning.
Deb, where will they put Sunday's snow? We could send some to Sochi. I watched part of the skating and snowboarding last night, but I can't stay up til their broadcasts ends. We have a hockey game tonight and tomorrow, so I'm hoping DH dvrs things. I've seen those fit & whatever at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Could that be where you did also?
Was going to do MM but must have slept funny and my shoulders is not so agreeable. Did that Tracy Mallet wo I was reminded of yesterday.
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.