Commit to get Fit and Lean for February 2014

Good evening,

Today I did :p90X3 AgilityX and Classical Stretch.

Kelly have fun with your workout today. Love the 4DS!

Hi to everyone that checks in after me. Good night, everyone.

quick check in - When I got home from work my lovely Total Gym was sitting in my living room waiting on me:eek::eek:, my sweet DH put it together for me and surprised me with it. I talked to him during lunch today and he never mentioned it arriving....stinker.;)

First thing I did was give it a go. I did one of the dvd's that came with it and wow, I could really feel it working. Your lifting your body weight so it feels different than free weights. I loved it. Did a 20 minute beginner dvd.

Im suppose to do 20 mins, 3 days a week for results. Im so used to doing 45min+workouts with cathe so this should be easy.

Kelly-Great job with 4DS, I love that series. Mmmm, may have to pull it out soon.

Belinda- nice going on your workout, awesome job!

'Evening!
Belinda, I'm already thinking that I need to try that! Do you have a particular recipe for it? What about one for roulden?
Amelia, way to go on the weight loss! Wow, you are rocking it. Do you think logging your food works well for you?
Kristen, do you have to get a list of the contractors for dh to call? Or is that part of his job also? Lol at Baxter and the mud. One of my dogs just loves water and will roll in mud!
Kelly, congrats on the weight loss! What kind of challenge is your work doing? Our kids are older so we enjoy those photos when they were younger and making all kinds of faces. Great payback for their teenage terrors.
Deb, oooh, that sounds good. So worthwhile to indulge with those temptations. I ate Tootsie Rolls today - they were not worth it.
Firm Vol 4 today.
Cookie

Hey guys. I did Party Rockin' Step 2 tonight. I really love that workout. What I like most is how each combo goes so quickly. The whole workout flies by.

I am getting ready for tomorrow. It is going to be a long day as I have another night session tomorrow. Definite rest day for tomorrow.

Deb- DH knew exactly what he was doing when he went over to him, lol. He gets a kick out of embarrassing me, haha.

Amelia- I think distancing yourself from your mom right now is a good idea. My DH a character? You don't even know the half of it. He drives me nuts but he makes me laugh every day, lol.

Kelly- I am done with this snow too. Even though it is only an inch, I don't care. I want warmth and spring! I walked my dog this afternoon and there were snow flurries falling. I wanted to scream at the sky, haha.

Belinda- I want to be in PR with my parents, haha. I need to move to Hawaii or something. I could sell drinks on the beach, no problem. Just give me a sun hat and I am good to go.

Cookie- I have some circled in the PennySaver, haha. I am sure I will have to call and remind him.

Okay, bbl,

Kristin

Hi,

Today I did P90x3 Warrior. It was so cold today (we need a shivering smilie) :)

I have a question I think it was Kristin & Belinda were talking about oil heating. DS & his gf have that and my ds was asking me questions. Growing up we had a big tank but now we have gas heat. The tank is on the small side it has 1/4 left. Do you shop around for the best oil prices or do you stick with one company? Do you think he needs to get it right away? Thanks for any anwers.

Belinda - I meant to tell you, you are getting great results with your rotation. Your house must always smell so good!

Kristin - I guess my DH would do something like that too:) I have to try that workout it sounds like a lot of fun.

Amelia - How exciting that your equipment came & DH put it together too! Great job with your weight loss and eating healthly:)

Cookie - I was trying to remember the music in The Firm videos and can't:confused:

Kelly - Is their a prize at the end of your work challenge?

Melissa - Come back or are you waiting for the nicer weather LOL. I'm sure your catching up from the snow.

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

I am up early:roll eyes: I will do STS squat rack legs and P90X3 The Challenge or Complex Upper. Haven't picked which one I will do today?

Cookie - of course, I have a recipe for Rouladen and Spaetzle. It's a lot of work. BTW, you probably wondering why I capitalize Rouladen and Spaetzle, in German we capitalize ALL nouns. And I use all German ingredients when cooking German. Your food will not fast the same without it. And yes, there is a difference:D I don't use a measuring cup when I cook, my mom and step dad were professional cooks. They never used a measuring cup, not even when she baked cakes. LOL!

Debbie - do you own your tank? If you do you can shop around. Sometimes you lock in a price for a year with a contract. If the gas company owns the tank, you have get gas from them. If the tank is below 25% he need to get gas. You never want it to get below that:)

Kirstin - glad you enjoy BR step. I almost pulled out a step dvd, just don't have the desire to do step anymore. I think I burned out on step:confused:

Amelia - yeah, on the TG! If you work hard enough, I mean, if you give it your all..20 min are perfect. I got better results from working 20 min than 60:eek: Have fun and see what happened. You may be surprised! You also have enough time to go for a nice walk after your weight workout.

Happy Hump Day, everyone! BBL!

Last edited:
Morning girls,

Awwww - its nice and quiet here with everyone at school or asleep. :) Just me and my coffee, well and my little chubby chug that keeps insisting on getting in my lap that he can't fit into :rolleyes:

I have got to buy some grocerys today. I have put it off so long that there is nothing in there :confused: my poor kids had to take cheerios instead of chips/yogurt today :eek: i hate shopping for food:eek:

Belinda-Yeah, the video I did yesterday was fun but I could have really did more reps concentrating on one body part at a time. It had me doing three body parts at a time:confused: My next workout I will do another dvd for intermediate. I'm just so excited to have it.:D

Deb-how are you liking p90x3? Great job on your warrior yesterday.

Kristin-I hope your long day flies by for ya. lol, my dh drives me nuts too - specially when i'm mad, he never takes me serious...he just thinks im cute :mad: oh and have you ever seen those youtube video's called 'batdad' ? He will go around like that in the house scaring the crap out of me:mad::mad:

Cookie-Great job with firm v 4 yesterday. I love tootsie rolls but your right, not worth the calories. A girl at work gave a 100 calorie pack of those special k brownie bites and they were good, but it was like a handful :confused: not worth it either. oh and yes, i feel that logging my food and staying with what mfp suggest is helping me a lot. I'm feeling more confident with my over all weight loss journey as appose to not logging my food. I guess I just need that confirmation at the end of the day.

Hello to Kelly and Melissa

I will get in a good cardio today, may pull out a p90x - will have to modify of course.

bbl :)

Hey girls,

STS D37 squat rack legs and Stretch Max#1 is done. I will do P90X3 tonight with DH. I am down other 2 pounds. Since last year, I been having a hard time losing weight. I am kinda, sorta following the 21 Day Fix diet program:p And no, I didn't cave and bought another workout program nor did I buy those little, tiny food containers. Those are nothing but measuring cups with a lid:eek: You get so many calories for you weight, I had to go up a little since I am doing STS and P90X3. The Tally Sheets I printed of the Beachbody website;) Very easy to follow:p:eek:

Amelia - who knows…you may shock your body by not doing so many reps:p I did STS D37 today, Cathe only has you doing 4 sets/8 reps. Trust me, it was enough, if you push yourself. I really think, you will enjoy/see results with this program:D

Off to the shower. BBL!

P90X Kenpo X done. Yup, thats a 60 minute workout Ladies. :eek: I wasn't planning on it but I've got so much energy today its unreal? I did have a higher calorie day yesterday...wonder if thats it? Tuesday I allow a 'moderation meal' ;) ( yesterday was arby's and those delicious curly fries, YUM)

Belinda-Awesome job on your workout. I will think of you tomorrow when I do my total gym workout...like a little drill sergeant in my ear :p;)

ok, thats it for me ladies. Think I will go clean something, lord knows there is plenty to do around here. :confused:

'Evening!
Belinda, my inlaws would only speak German to me. I took it in HS and again in college, but unfortunately, it got mixed up with my native Spanish, now English, and then we lived in Taiwan for a while. We took Norwegian and that was very similar to German. Didn't know your parents were chefs - no wonder you're such a good cook. Did they weigh things?
Amelia, your dh is a keeper! What a sweetie! Glad you have him - and the TG! It is tempting on the website. You are so rocking your plan. I don't mind grocery shopping. It is the putting it in the wagon, taking it out to put it to pay, paying!!, then packing, lugging to the car, unloading, and putting it away that I don't care for.
Kelly, I'm curious about your work challenge. Also, do you have a gym at work? I've sort of forgotten about CF. Should pull it out.
Kristen, I hear you on the weather. i've been scared of rocking party 2, esp. since I fell doing 1. I'm just not very coordinated. Is it very dancey? How did your class go? Did dh choose a contractor?
Deb, we have oil and own the tank. DH often shops around for the best price each year. He also considers their fee for maintenance when checking them out. We also try not to get below 1/4 tank. If you run out, the company has to come, someone has to be there to let them in, and it is freezing cold! However, it sure is less expensive than electric.
Did Dancercize Hiit this morning. I keep working on trying to get some coordination! We have a few friends' kids getting married and I want to have fun at their celebrations. However, I doubt the workouts are going to help me be a better dancer! First off that would be impossible; second, it's hopeless.
Cookie

Hi,

I didn't get a workout in today:(. I ended up working late and had a slight migraine all day.

Thanks for the info on the oil tank, didn't realize you could or couldn't own it. I'm guessing they may because the house is very old and only about 700 sq. feet. Just curious how often do you have to fill it up a year? I guess it depends on the size:confused:

Belinda - I was thinking of you today I stopped at Home Goods and they had a set of plastic containers different sizes with measuring marks on the side. I just would be confused as to what to put in them:) Great job with the weight loss!

Amelia - How do you think you will incorporate Total Gym in your workouts? Is more of a strength training workout?

Cookie - You may need wine to help with the dancing:eek: I'm not much of a dancer even with wine:eek: One of the weddings we are invited to is at the Atlantis in the Bahamas but it is a 2nd cousin of DH so we aren't going. I'm sure it would be fun but expensive.

Waves hi to Kristin, Melissa & Kelly

Good morning,

Today's plan is P90X3 yoga and cardio.

Cookie - I'll bet you still understand a lot if your in laws only spoke German to you:D That's amazing! I didn't know you speak so many languages. Yeah, both my parents were chefs:D They love to cook - they never weight or measure anything. That's how I cook too. My parents cooked for famous castles and restaurants in Germany. My husband always wanted me to open up a German restaurant here in the US, lol! That's a lot of work!

Debbie - our house is over 4000 sqft. We have a 500 gallon propane gas tank, by law the company can only fill the tank 80% which comes out roughly to 400 gallon. We fill our tank about 4 to 6 times a year, depending on the weather. If you call the gas company and ask them how much the previous owner used, they give an an estimate. That's what we did;) We had a choice to buy our own tank, but if anything buy the tank and anything goes wrong with the tank it's on you. Let's say,if your tank leaks it's on you. The gas company comes out and delivers the gas, I don't have to be there. Our tank is underground in the yard. If the see the dogs in the yard, they come and ring the door bell and let me know they need to get in the yard. If you run out of gas, the gas company has to come out and fill the tank. They even come on Sunday's:D One more thing, I don't like to be cold, I like a nice warm house. We heat up my basement in the winter, which is my workout room. BTW, I love Home Goods. LOL, about the containers:D You don't need to measure anything:p You are very tiny!

I will be back after my workout.

Sorry for a quick check in but I'm really tired.
Belinda, well, I didn't say how well I speak them! We laugh b/c sometimes they get all jumbled up in there, and my Spanish sort of gets a bit of German accent. It is so interesting to hear about your parents.
Deb, wine for me and even more for everyone else who might watch me try to dance - then I might seen fairly decent! Agree with Belinda, you are tiny. Now that's a four-letter word never associated with me. Your ds might want to call a few companies to get info on the oil. What do you heat with?
Where is every one? Hope all is okay and you're managing well w/the deep freeze.
Cookie

Hi guys. Yesterday was my rest day. Today I did LBB. I haven't done that one in forever. Even though the weights are lighter in this workout, I really felt a burn, especially with the hover squats, oh my!

Last night was the final session of the "class" part of my teacher course. The second part is a PLC (professional learning circle). I had to change the dates for it because I have to go to more training and the first training session is on the 8th. I am really enjoying the experience though.

Anyway, I am pretty beat. Eating has been awful the last two days :(. I need to get back on track tomorrow.

Watching the news before and they are saying LI could get 8 inches of snow on Monday. :mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::(:(:( I cannot even think of more snow.

I will bb tomorrow with personals. I'm wiped out.

Night!

Hi,

I took a yoga class today. It was so quiet at the stores today, I think it was too cold to go out. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning:) I tried to go to a few stores today so I can get home early tomorrow. Also with the threat of snow on Sun & Mon:rolleyes: I should keep on top of things.

Belinda - Thanks for all the info, wow you need to get oil a lot but I'm with you I like a warm house even in the summer:) It's great that you can speak so many languages!

Kristin - The teacher's course must be making you so tired but at least you are enjoying it. Ugg, on more snow, we are still surrounded by old snow and the food stores will be crazy:(

Cookie - We heat with gas the one thing I would miss without gas is the stove but maybe you have a gas stove:confused: Hope you get a good night sleep.

Waves hi to everyone:)

Morning ladies! Been a busy couple of days.. Hubby and I had yesterday off for Aiden's birthday - so much fun! We took him to play at a place here called Treehouse Discovery, which he loved. Then we came back and did pizza, cake and presents with my parents. It really was a great day, and I didn't go too overboard. We still have a party on Saturday with all family and his little friends. Yay 2 year olds!! LOL I did Cardio Leg Blast yesterday and am soooo feeling it today. I challenged myself and used heavier weights than normal and raised the step height too. Today will be either KPC or Hard Strikes. Been nice weather-wise the past few days, but it's supposed to snow Saturday ans Sunday again.. Over it!! :mad: Off of work at 12:30 today, Aiden's speech therapist wants to do a joint session wtih another therapist for a second set of eyes since Aiden's progress has been so slow. I wish I knew what to think on that.. He's crazy smart, just won't talk.

Cookie, the challenge at work is for all employees who are enrolled in the medical insurance, and whoever has lost the highest percentage at the end of 12 weeks wins a $275 gift card. And even cooler, they check back in with you after 6 months, and whoever has lost the most (or maintained) then, gets another $300 gift card - bank that!! LOL You took Norwegian, did you ever live there? We were in Oslo for 4 years while my dad was in the AF and loved it.

I'll try to pop back in this evening after finishing wrapping a couple of gifts and making goody bags. ;)

Morning,

Just finished Total Gym Intermediate dvd then did 2 miles with Leslie. I got a new dvd by her yesterday, it had party hit songs on it - I really liked it.

Kelly, your little boy is adorable!! Great job on your workout and not going overboard, ^5's girl!!

Hello to everybody, I will bbl :)

Good morning.

I did P90X3 Triometrices. I have to do D27 tomorrow, oh well!

Cookie - that's funny! Wished I could hear you speak. Wished I would known that you speak German at the RT:p:eek: I only speak German and English:)

Debbie - we do have a big house:confused: Our gas company is really good knowing when to put gas in the tank. Heck, they always in our neighbor hood:eek:

Kelly - your little boy is adorable!

Amelia - which new Leslie did you get?

Good night everyone.

'Evening!
Belinda, OMG I'm glad you didn't know. I get it all scrambled up sometimes. My dad says I speak Spanish with a German accent!
Amelia, I picked up her radio remix. What one did you get? Are you totally loving the gym?
Kelly, yes - Oslo! DH was at the Norwegian Geotechnical Institute. Since German is his first language, he had no problem learning Norwegian; me on the other hand ... Love the way the challenge is set up. That's terrific. Enjoy the party and cake.
Kristin, aren't you glad to have a bit of a break before the PLC starts up? Things are going at such a fast pace.
Deb, I look like an snowman, I'm so bundled up all the time. We have an electric stove. We're out in the country and not near a gas line. I can't recall how much it was to put a connector in, but it was over $10,000 20+ years ago! Some folks have a gas tank for their stoves, but my dh just won't go for that idea. Hope you can stay inside this weekend.
Firm vol 5 this morning.
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.