Commit to get Fit and Lean for February 2014

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Can't believe it's February already…time flies, isn't it?

Today's workout will be P90X3 MMX.

What are your plans today?

Have a wonderful day and weekend, everyone.

Hi,

I think everyone was rushing for February to begin I noticed both Belinda & Cookie started the new thread;)

We arrived late last night and the airport was filled with all the Super Bowl fans arriving! The last 3 days it was cool & rained but we managed some walks between the rain drops. Lucy was so happy to see us the kids told us that she waited by the door for 2 days for us, awww unconditional love:) I've been catching up with food shopping, laundry, cleaning & computer work. I'm happy we came home to warmer temps.

I forgot to say I ended up signing up for the NJ RT. It is so close for me and I will go & represent us;)

Belinda - I'm hoping the ground hog predicts an early Spring tomorrow.

Kristin - Are the boys going to watch the Superbowl?

Amelia - It sounds like your on the right track & you are losing. Do you take cheat day & will tomorrow be one? Do you still have snow on the ground?

Melissa - How is school going? I hope you get to enjoy your weekends.

Cookie - I was thinking about you and DD and wonder if you will be watching the Winter Olympics? The Olympics will always remind me of the RT. Our nephew is 16 months but he was a preemie and is small & behind in speech he looks closer to a 1 year old. He has a unique look his Mom is Asian and he has her eyes & features & the Dad is Irish/German/Italian so he has light hair, eyes & skin.

Lori - Waves hi

Goodnight:)

'Morning!
Belinda, we must be thinking alike w/both of us starting threads. Just wondering if you take planned rest days or just as they happen to occur? You are so consistent in getting them in.
Amelia, awesome on five days a week w/your workouts! What a great start to the new year!
Kristen, are you a football fan? Sorry, I couldn't remember. Think I'm tired of constantly trying to keep up w/work and all the paperwork and reading b/c I've started rereading War and Peace! OMG what a great story. I think the only reason it is not more widely read is the length. So, yesterday I used being tired as an excuse to sit and read for almost two hours.
Melissa, how are things going with school?
Deb, isn't that unconditional love awesome?!!! Love it. Honestly, can't imagine me not having a dog. I know a young girl, about 12, who has similar parentage, and she has a very intriguing face. DD is going to Thailand next week and claims she is still going to watch the Olympics while there. I hope the political situation is ok in Thailand. I love to watch the Olympics and can't wait! Wish I could go on rt but am supposed to be in Tahoe. You'll represent us well.
Did 4ds kb yesterday and a long dog walk. Helped me to sleep last night. Today will be another walk, grocery, cleaning, paperwork, paperwork, paperwork, cooking, and perhaps PUB, and hopefully getting things done to watch SB w/friends.
Cookie

Hey girls, Im off today so Im enjoying it with my kids. I plan on taking them to the park if the weather clears up, right now its raining.

I was looking for my post yesterday and saw that I posted in January's thread :rolleyes:

The kids ended up being off Tuesday - Friday this week because of the snow. I hope it doesn't effect their winter vacation coming up...we're suppose to go on a getaway.

Yesterday ended up being a rest day. Super bowl fans were ordering all kinds of trays in the deli and it was madness :confused: I was exhausted when I got home.

Today I plan on doing a step aerobics workout - not sure which one?

Debbie- oh yes, dogs give unconditional love. I love all my dogs:) Glad you guys made it home safe and yay on going to the RT. Like Cookie says, you will represent us well.

Cookie-Busy day ahead of you. Have a great time tonight during SB. I didn't know you are a football fan?

Belinda-Is your DH a football fan? We're not really into football, my hubby is all about the ATL Braves though.

Good morning! Sorry I have been MIA; I had to get back on track with school and everything. It's already crazy and we've only been through week 1 :eek: I worked out 3 days last week and by Thursday, my body wasn't having it. According to the WM, I haven't had a rest week in over 2 months so I decided to take the rest of the week off.

To add to the start of school, last week I heard a grinding noise in my car and it turns out my brakes were so bad that metal was grinding on metal and the friction melted my calipers. Then my axel broke. I had a breakdown in the shop because that same day, I learned that I couldn't get the clinical placements I wanted for next year (no FL :() so I will be out on the island by myself (everyone I know is doing their clinics back home). My uncle was also scheduled for open heart surgery the next day, which I was nervous about. When it rains, it pours huh? His surgery went well and was successful so that is one good thing that came out of it! :D

I'm going to the new guy's house tonight to watch the SB...well prob more like he will be watching and I will be looking at Pinterest haha. I don't mind football, but I can't sit there and actually pay attention for 3+ hrs :confused: Still not sure what we are exactly. Last week he came over and I asked if he was seeing or talking to any other girls and he said he wasn't and that I'm the only one he's interested in, so I guess that is a good sign? I'm not sure how long it takes to get the bf/gf label lol.

Belinda, nice job on your workouts (as always!). Are you going to the RT this year?

Deb, thanks for bringing some warm weather back with you :) That is so cute about Lucy missing you guys! Have fun at the RT! That is awesome. I wish I could go. are you going with anyone?

Cookie, are you going anywhere for the SB? I miss having a dog. I've grown up with pets my whole life, so not being able to have one around is kind of weird.

Amelia, awesome job on getting in 5 workouts a week!! That is great :D How much snow did you guys get last week?

Kristin, I'm so glad your sessions are going well!! They probably give you something to look forward to during the week :) How is your DS feeling? Hope yo didn't catch anything.

Waving hi to Lori!

Enjoy your Sunday, ladies!

Good morning,

DH and I finally put together the dresser from IKEA:mad: It took us 2 hours, WTH? I old DH next time I will pay them to put it together, such a pain:mad: Love the dresser!

Cookie - I didn't see you started this thread:D I was up early yesterday, my noise is so stuffed up, I couldn't sleep. Got up around 3 a.m. too. Sorry about the double threads! Sunday's is my off day, sometimes it doesn't happened. I also have to go grocery shopping. Planning taking the dogs for a short walk too. It's suppose to snow again on Monday:confused: How long is your DD going to Thailand?

Debbie - I guess so:eek: I had no idea Cookie stated us off too:D Congratulations on going to the RT! I completely forgot about it:eek: LOL! You'll represent us well;) A few month ago Aleisa, ask me why we don't do a trip to Cathe's gym? She was wondering who is interested in going up to NJ for a day? Aleisa and I are in:D Maybe we can plan something in a few month? Glad your home again.

Amelia - DH is a fan! Not a big deal, you posting in the old thread. I guess, we were all tired yesterday:p Enjoy your day off today.

I will be back later! Have a great Sunday, everyone.

Hey guys! Yesterday I did workout and I did start to post here but my laptop died in the middle of my post. I definitely need to get a new battery! Anyway yesterday was X10. Today I'm doing TBT LB. Right now I'm at hair salon getting all the gray covered ;)

I'll be back to report my workout. I have papers to grade and I need to hi through state module, but we are going to SB party later too. Not sure if I'll be able to fit everything in.

Bbl with personals,

Kristin

Ok, I'm back. I just finished TBT LB. My legs were wobbly with the last triset. I forgot all about those one-legged squats, alternating the DBs. That was a doozy today.

I got a bob haircut at the salon and I am not sure how I like it yet :/. Maybe it will grow on me. . . or grow out, lol. The color is great though, no more gray hairs ;).

Deb- welcome back. The boys are very much into the SB. We are going to our friends' house and all the kids are boys, so it will be a party for everyone involved, lol. The boys are so excited for hot wings and to stay up later than usual on a school night. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow :/ up to four inches. Ugh. Good for you going on the RT. I always regret not going. You'll have to log in and fill us in while you are there :).

Cookie- I would love to read for my own pleasure. Unfortunately these days it is out of the question. The only reading I get to do is the newspaper on my Iphone. . . while I am eating breakfast. My "Bible" these days is the darn module. I hate it!

Amelia- wow that is a lot of time off for the snow. It might not affect your upcoming break because it might be too late to make that decision. Easter break might be affected though, or they might take on another week to the end of the school year. Who knows? How many days do they have to have minimum? Here in NY it is 180. Last year with the hurricane, we lost all of February break. It wasn't bad though because I loved my students last year. This year if they took this break away. . . I think I would die, lol.

Melissa- what a week you had! I'm sorry for all the whammies back to back. I would give this new relationship time before you guys out an official label on it. If he isn't seeing anyone else, that is a good sign. Have fun on Pinterest! I am interested in the half-time show. I cannot imagine how BRuno Mars and the RHCP are going to collaborate. That should be interesting, to say the least.

Belinda- whenever we buy anything that has to be put together, it becomes a fight, lol. I was so livid the last time. We got a bookcase from Target for the boys' room. It was a disaster to put it together, lol. BTW- I thought January would never end, lol. I am so happy to say it is FEbruary!

Okay, off to shower and get ready.

Kristin

Hi,

I did Supercuts & should have added another w/o with all I ate. Sub sandwich, slider, wings & chips and no room for dessert:eek: I was doing computer work when the Superbowl was on but caught most of the commercials & half-time show. I thought the Radio Shack commercial was pretty funny.

Belinda - I'm close to Cathe's gym so if anyone goes for a class I would meet you:) Ugh, on taking so long to put together, reminds me of children's toys.

Kristin - Snow again & the groundhog said 6 more weeks of winter:mad: They just said it will be more like 7 inches & see on the news some NJ schools are closing. At this rate school will be going till July:rolleyes: I hope you and the boys enjoyed the Superbowl (poor Denver).

Amelia - The electric at the foodstore went out for 2 hours & they were so behind on making wings but I was able to get some. It was probably the kids 1st snowday:)

Melissa - You had one tough week:( but happy to hear your Uncle is doing well. How did your Superbowl date go? I'm going solo to the RT, I hinted for DH to come because Cathe's gym is awesome but his gym is 5 min. from home.

Cookie - It's hard to go out of the country but it seems like security is real tight. Tahoe sounds like fun, is it work related? I hope you were able to get your paperwork done.

'Morning!
Belinda, I'd love a trip to Cathe's with our group! Sounds fantastic. Of course, it means two days for me - so I hope others want to overnight also. More time to workout my talking muscles. IKEA is famous for having difficult items to assemble.
Amelia, great job on getting your workouts in. Think you should count Sat's work as a workout. I don't care for football - just enjoy the socializing!
Melissa, ugh on the car. Glad your uncle is doing well. Enjoy the slower pace with this guy. Sounds like a good sign.
Kristin, at the rate I'm reading, I'll be 157 before I finish it. TG it has short chapters - last night's was only two pages. My dh is really on my case about working too much, so I'm trying to schedule a block of time on the weekends to just rest. I cannot wait for this year to end. Bet the haircut looks great.
Deb, Tahoe will be for work but I'd love to get together for our own Cathe trip. What did you think of the halftime show?
Did get in PUB yesterday and did Cardio Kicks this morning w/a lot on the rebounder. Didn't make it to SB get together last night since I was still buried under paper!
Cookie

Good morning,

Today I am staring week 6 w/P90X3 and STS Meso 2 Week 3!:D

I just finished P90X3 Eccentic Upper with DH! Still have to do STS later.

Cookie - when do you guys want to go? Once we figured out the time frame we can contact Cathe:D I would make it a 2 day trip too:p Maybe I can talk DH into coming too:eek: ??

Debbie - that IKEA dresser took a long time. My back was hurting so bad afterwards:confused:

Kirstin - I am sure your hair cut looks super cute on you;) I have a bob haircut and love it! I need to get my hair colored. LOL, DH made jokes about me….at first I did great giving him the right screw/parts after the 4th drawer…I got bored…handed him the wrong screw/parts:p

I will be back later with more personals!

Good morning! We have a snow day today. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing since we were supposed to have 7 hours of neuro today:confused: I actually wound up working out yesterday; I did Intensity step & low HIIT premix. Today will be High Reps UB, 30 Day Shred, and shoveling (my favorite...NOT). I'm also planning on making the jalepeno pretzel bombs that I was too lazy to make yesterday. Basically they are jalepeno poppers in pretzel bites.

Now I'm even more confused about what's going on with the new guy! I forgot what we were talking about last night but at one point I was like "We aren't in a relationship yet" and he goes "Wait, we're not? I thought we were dating? I mean, I'm not seeing or talking to anyone else" and I said "I dunno, I'm really bad at this dating stuff" and he was like "yeah me too" and we kinda left it at that. Soooo does that mean we are bf/gf, cuz I thought you needed to have that talk first? Also, is dating the same as being in a relationship?! I'm so confused!! My mom said I need to ask him what we are because my awkward response might make him think that I'm not serious about this when in fact I totally am. UGH.

Belinda, 2 hrs to put a dresser together?! I agree, I would just pay someone to do it for me lol. A trip to Cathe's gym sounds awesome! I am def in, depending on when it is. I can't believe you are already into week 6 of P90X3. Great work!

Kristin, nice job on TBT yesterday. That is a fun one. I want to see a pic of the new 'do! I'm sure it looks really cute :D What did you think of the HT show? I thought it was awesome! Bruno Mars is seriously talented. And so much for our 2-4" of snow, huh ;)

Deb, the Radio Shack commercial was pretty good! I love the Doritos time machine one; I had seen it when they played it on the Today Show a few weeks ago. The SB date was good; I actually wound up watching the game because every time I went to do something else, he would be like "Watch the game!!" lol.

Cookie, I would have to overnight as well if we did a RT. Nice job on your workouts!! Ugh on the mountain of paperwork. That doesn't sound like much fun :(

Waving hello to Amelia & Lori!

Enjoy your Monday, ladies!

Good afternoon,

STS D19 (CST) and Amy Bento Stretch & ABS " Stretch #1 is done!

Melissa - you girls have to let me know, when you guys want to go to NJ? Yeah, DH and I are in week 6 already:p You need to talk to the new guy:) he wants to be in a relationship:) I would talk to him;) Good job on your workouts.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Hey girls,

Not much for me to report today. I feel kinda burnt out on the workouts right now so im going to take it easy this week. I may pull out a workout tomorrow.

I'm off work today and tomorrow so I've been catching up on some house work. I cleaned out the fridge and cleaned both bathrooms. I think I will shampoo the carpet tomorrow...ugh, my dogs are such a PITA sometimes :rolleyes:

Melissa-((hugs)) Sorry to hear you had a hard time last week, glad your uncle is doing better. About the new guy, I would take your moms advice;) Moms know best :) Awesome work on your workouts. Enjoy your snow day!! Oh and we got about 2 inches of snow here..more in other parts.

Belinda-Nice job on your workouts. Your energy is amazing - can I have some?:eek:

Cookie-I don't care for football either. We did watch the halftime show because I love Bruno Marz and I thought it was really good.

Hello to Debbie and Lori...

I will bbl. My kids are driving me nuts right now to get on the computer :confused::mad:

Workout done! I decided on core from High Reps and the first premix on yoga max. My roommate and I did a lot of shoveling today and I just didn't feel up to an intense workout. I was kinda mad because our other roommate barely helped us and laid on his butt while us two girls went out and did everything :mad: oh well at least we got a good workout out of it.

Belinda, yeah I def need to talk to him, I'm just not sure what/how to say it without sounding like a crazy person. Nice workout today! How was the snow by you?

Amelia, wow girl you are on a cleaning roll! That should burn some serious calories :D. Enjoy your days off! Does everything shut down by you when you have 2" of snow? My aunt just moved to VA and she said when it's 3" it's like the end of the world lol.

Hi everyone. We had another snow day today. It looks like we might have another Wednesday. Then there is supposed to be a big one on Sunday into Monday. My district only has one snow day left and then they take away from Memorial Day break. I was happy to have the day. I was actually about to call in when I got the robocall. Very happy about that. I was not about to spend 3 hours getting to work and 3 hours back. I learned my lesson the last time.

Anyway. .. the Super Bowl party was fun, the game was pathetic though. Had a good time, and lots of tasty wings and beer. Today I did PRS 2, plus my own abs workout. I also played in the snow with the boys and the dog. We made a huge snowman, taller than me!

I still have work to do, and I plan on getting it done as soon as I get off of here. I just don't feel like doing the work, lol. I know that is terrible, but it's the truth. I just don't want to do it.

Deb- our groundhog on the island said an early spring, but with the weather forecast for this week predicting three different, increasingly stronger storms, I think your groundhog was correct, lol. It is ridiculous. I loved the Radio Shack commercial, especially when ALF appeared, lol.

Cookie- My DH gets annoyed that I have to do paperwork every weekend too. He doesn't understand that it just cannot be all done during the week, or in the 40 minutes I get to prep and plan each day. I am exhausted at this point in the year, but I think it is due to being forced to do a module I was not much interested in doing anyway. I am almost done with it, and then we need to get through the assessments. Summer will be here before we know it and I plan on regrouping then. It's been a difficult year to say the least.

Belinda- Dh was not expecting me to get a bob haircut, but he claims he likes it. A guy at the party was like, "What? You cut your hair short? Did you ask Jeff first?" I was like, noooooo. I don't need permission to get my haircut, WTH?

Melissa- I agree with Belinda and your mom. Maybe bring it up again and say something like you are glad he isn't seeing anyone else, and you aren't either. You are just wondering if this means that he wants to officially call you his gf or if you guys are still just getting to know each other phase. I know, it is an awkward conversation, but from what you've told us, I think it will end well, and with the answer you want ;)

Amelia- it is always good to listen to our bodies. Sometimes we need to take a few days off from workouts.

Waving hello to Lori.

Okay, off to finish some paperwork.

Kristin

Hi,

Snow day for me too:) I measured the snow and we have 8 inches, I felt like 12 inches when I was shoveling:rolleyes: I was too tired after shovelmax to workout. I felt like packing my bags and moving South until the Spring:) Two more storms are predicated for this week.

Belinda - Great job with your workouts. Any snow?

Kristin - Kelly Ripa just cut her hair into a cute bob & it looks so fresh. Hopefully they will be wrong with the next storms. I liked the Doritos commercial too!

Amelia - Do you even own a shovel? I can't believe the amount of salt they use on the roads here:confused: but it does make for safe driving.

Melissa - I agree with everyone to bring the subject up again just in case he has the wrong idea. I also liked the Bud commercial with the Golden Retriever.

Cookie - I would stay the night too. I forgot but they built the hotel that is only a mile away from Cathe's gym & the rates are around the same amount of money.

'Morning!
Belinda, I would get bored also putting a dresser together for two hours! Bored and frustrated. It amazes me how you can get in two workouts in a day. I'm jealous.
Amelia, more snow? That was a good question - do you own a snow shovel? Bet before this winter, they were hard to find in your area. My house could use a visit from you - I've neglected it.
Melissa, I'd be annoyed with the roommate for not helping. Hope your class goes okay today. I love the music on HiReps, always makes me keep going. How far away does the new guy live?
Kristen, I'm w/you - I don't need permission to get my hair cut, colored, or anything I decide. Bet the bob looks great. The math modules are a large part of my life. I tell teachers to focus on the standards, look at the mid- and end-of-mod assessments and then we plan lessons. But it takes forever! Even if they did teach straight from there, there is no way it could be done in one lesson, and we'd never finish in a year. A lot of secondary-level teachers I work w/are also having to teach in ways they didn't learn and some of the content they haven't used since they were in college. Today is NTI and it will be interesting to hear what SED has to say.
Deb, I saw cars last night coming north with lots of snow on them. Must have been from your area. We're supposed to get hit this evening into tomorrow. This seems like the longest winter. Glad you were able to stay home.
Wish I could sleep more. Five hours of sleep is more than the previous night's tho. Also wish I could find an undereye concealer that would disguise my tiredness. Anyway, going down to do a wo. Now thinking of switching to HiReps, since Melissa mentioned it. Should we throw out some dates for a possible get together? How's May 4-5, or June 1-2?
Cookie

Good morning,

Workout for today is: P90X3 Triometrics :D Not sure, what else I will do:eek: Going through my dvd collection:confused: Is anybody buying the new Beachbody new dvd series 21 Day Fix? It just got leased yesterday, not sure what's and how this one will work:eek:

Cookie - I did get bored with the dresser…real fast:p Are you still doing UY? Didn't that help you sleep? Hope you get some sleep tonight. May 4th is my bday. But both are fine with me;)

Debbie - I hear you on the snow:( I'll move with you to the South:p I totally forgot about the hotel right next to Cathe's gym:eek: Fantastic!

Kirstin - although I hate the snow, I like it when DH doesn't have to work:p We get a lot done around the house. LOL, no you don't need your husbands permission. That is crazy! I seen it all, lol!

Melissa - I am sure, it will come up soon. Stay calm and talk it out! Good job on HR, that's a good one!

Amelia - take all the time you need, just don't take a vacation:p When are you planning on doing P90X:p

Hi Lori!

I will be back later. Have a great day/workout!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.