Commit to get Fit and Lean for February 2014

Hey girls, I hope everybody is doing ok this morning. I watched the news about that huge winter storm up north. Sending out good vibes to everybody :)

No workout yesterday. I'm going to be honest here, and I apologize in advance if this is TMI but my depression is back. I can't seem to shake it this time...its been bothering me for a couple of weeks now. I'm debating on going back to the doctor for an antidepressant. I hate taking them cause you never know how your body will react. Not to mention the weight gain :(

I'm up early to get in a walk before work. I'm hoping it will lift my mood a little.:)

When I saw the total gym on tv the other day that little excited glow came back, a glow that has been absent for a while.

Belinda-Great job on your leg workout yesterday. I'm not sure what happened to p90x? I've got it - just no desire to do it right now. I'm sure I will do it one day. IDK :confused:

Cookie- Nice job with Tracy Mallet, is that a yoga workout? Was it you who asked me about snow shovels? No ma'am, we don't own a single snow shovel, no use for them LOL :)

Debbie-great job getting your yoga in. The way your describing the snow around your house is :eek::eek: I can't imagine snow piled up like that here. Stay safe.

Melissa-TGIF!! Hope you have a great day today and great job on your workout yesterday. I hope I enjoy the TG too, im so excited to get it.

Hello to Kristin and Lori :)

I will bb tonight. I've got to get off of here if im going to get that walk in.

Good morning,

I slept in this morning:D So tonight DH and I will do P90X3 Incinerator and STS D21 (BB).

Cookie - the only dvds' I have in a binder are Cathe's and P90X3. All my other ones are in decorative boxes, I took a few dvd's out and put them on my TV stand (in my basement). This way, I know I have to go through those dvd's first;) I also put a little index card in the back of the dvd cover and wright down the date when I did the workout. This way I go through all my dvd's and see which ones I will keep or get rid off:D Than I put them in a different box which I marked completed for 2014! Hope this makes sense! The reason why I did the index cards is, so I keep track of all the premixes as well:D I only write on the index card the # of workout and date. This is what it looks like: Let's say I did B&G premix #6….Jan 1, 2014! How did you like Tracy M? Sorry about your shoulder. Go light with your weights.

Amelia - hope you feel better soon. Wishing you all the best (((HUGS)))

Debbie - in Germany they use sand instead of salt! Be careful when you drive! I read somewhere that the containers are very tiny in the 21DF:confused: I have to google those Fresh containers, I am sure it's similar than the BB ones.

Melissa - sometimes I am a little overwhelmed with my dvd collection. That's way I stopped buying wo dvds, not even Cathe's:p Are you doing eat more to lose more? Or something like this? I did this last year and I gained 20 lb:confused: not the look I was going for:rolleyes: Now BB has portion containers and they look tiny. But than again, one size doesn't fit all:eek:

I need more coffee. BBL!

Morning,

This morning is work then after I vow to go straight to my workout clothes and put them on and do something. I'm thinking step aerobics since there my favorite workout.

Belinda-Wow, that is some collection. Did you buy that Jillian Micheals Body Revolution? I saw an info commercial on it the other day - looked interesting.

Hello to everybody. BB after my workout this evening.

'Morning!
Belinda, thanks for explaining how you store them. I like the index card idea. I used to keep one with the time of the workout, premixes and their times. Then I decided to get rid of the cases but should have kept the cards! It was Tracy's dancefuse and I'd rate it unsure. I'm not that much of a dancey-workout person, so I need to try it a few more times. It was good for a light day but still had a lot of arm movements, which my shoulder was not enjoying.
Amelia, I'm really sorry your depression is back. I just sent you a pm. it as me asking about snow shovels.
Have to go in to work today. Another pd on math. My shoulder is still very still, going to wear a heat pad to loosen it up. Think it is carrying too many heavy tote bags. My family always says I look like a bag lady. Hoping to get a walk or something light in late this afternoon before heading out to another hockey game. Otherwise, my only workout will be working.
Have a great workout ladies.
Cooike

Morning,

I forgot to post my workouts yesterday: I did P90X3 Incinerator, STS D21(BB)
and Amy Bento Stretch & Abs " Stretch #2"!

Cookie - I find with the index cards it's an easy and not so time consuming way to track when/if I like the workout or if I want to get rid of a workout. I know, lots of people do spread sheets on Excel, takes to much time. JMO! I never clicked with Tracy Anderson! Why don't you use a small rolling cart instead of so many totes. Rest your shoulder!

Amelia - have fun with your step workout today. No, I never bought JM BR! I did 2 month of it last year, it's every good. Than my neighbor wanted it back, I will get it once it's on sale! For now, I have a lot of dads to keep me busy:p

I will do P90X3 MMX today.

I will be back later.

40 min power walk done. It was cool out but I walked around the neighborhood.

Cookie - I sent you a pm :)

Belinda-Awesome job on your workout girl.

Hello to everybody :)

Hi,

Sorry I've been missing in action. DH & I are going out tonight for Valentine's Day so I need to jump in the shower. I did P90X3 lower body yesterday, today I ended up taking a rest day . . . ran out of time;)

Belinda - I would prefer to use sand too, maybe I can find some. Great workouts today!

Amelia - Keeping you in my thoughts & go back to the Dr. just to see what she says sometimes they have different/new meds you could take.

Cookie - How about a bag you could wheel for work? I saw some nice ones when we were traveling.

Waves hi to Kristin & Melissa

Have a great weekend;)

Good evening,

P90X3 MMX and I did the abs #1 from Amy Bento "Stretch & Abs".

Amelia - you are in my thoughts and prayers! I agree, with Debbie see a doc!! Good job on your walk today.

Debbie - have fun tonight! How did you like P90X3 lower?

Good night, everyone! BB in the morning.

'Morning!
Belinda, thanks for reminding me of the index card idea. I plan on going back to doing something like that again. I have a rolling bag and should use it more, but I'm trying to get in steps, so often end up lugging stuff up stairs. The other obstacle, but it is a big one, is most school elevators require a key. By the time I find the person w/key, go back to elevator, and then return key, look for person to go back down again, I get frustrated. So, now I'm aggravated that I did this to myself.
Amelia, I'll pm you back. The total gym sounds exciting. Bet you're making lots of plans for it. Does your dh work out also?
Kristin, how are you doing? Hard to imagine the boys starting baseball soon w/all the snow and cold temps.
Melissa, do you still do the wine tastings? I mean for the company, not your own consumption? How do you plan out your workouts for the week?
Deb, yeah, I even have a rolling bag, but I've been bad about using it since its not easy to carry up stairs, and I have lots of stairs in most of my buildings. I actually think I pulled it on Tuesday at the SED mtgs. Had to bring a laptop (which was never used), water bottle, materials, and it weighed a lot. Then using hand weights the next day while kickboxing wasn't a real bright idea. Going out for VD early? How was the date?
If it warms up, hoping to get in a walk. However, dh will have to hold the leashes for the dogs, since it would aggravate my shoulder even more. I've been on a streak of more then 10K steps a day since the beginning of Jan. W/yesterday's workshop, had a hard time getting it in before we went to hockey game. Luckily, dh is a great sport and we walked outside in between periods! Got to my goal, and continue the streak. It amazes me how much I want to continue on the streak.
Cookie

Hi everyone! Sorry I went MIA the last few days. Grades were due and it was a crazy time. Thursday was my intended rest day. Friday and Saturday ended up being rest days too. Well, I did walk the dog both days, but I didn't do any dvds. I spent the entire day cleaning the house top to bottom. It really needed it. Our backyard is all dirt. We are planning on seeding it or putting sod in when spring comes, but for now it is such a pain, especially with the weather and the dog. Dirt is constantly tracked in the house. Luckily the first floor is all tile and hardwood. Easy to clean compared to carpets, but still a pain. Anyway, I did so much laundry, some of which I still need to put away, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, window cleaning, etc.

Melissa- any news with the new guy? I found this week to be long as well, despite the lazy snow days. I am so ready for summer.

Cookie- My supervisor told me I could stop the module after finishing unit one. I am so excited to say I am pushing through and finishing unit one this week. I am going to do evidence-based claims (part of unit 2) but with my own materials, a little bit of Black history :). So happy I have permission to do so. There were so many mistakes in the module. It was unreal.

Amelia- this time of year (winter) is the worst for depression. No shame in getting help. It takes strength to admit you need help and talking to your doctor is probably the best thing you can do, I agree with everyone on that.

Deb- do you have all the new dvds? I am thinking of getting some of the others. The leg ones in particular. Have you done them? Like them?

Belinda- I saw a P90X3 infomercial this morning and thought of you, lol. How are you liking it? Seeing results?

Okay, off to shower. I forgot to tell you. I did Butts and Guts today. not sure if I will be able to walk tomorrow. I am wobbly as it is right now. We shall see :)

Kristin

Hey girls! Today I did Leaner Legs; I was supposed to do a round of 30 Day Shred but after the first circuit, Jillian was getting on my nerves so I decided on a 20-minute Turbo Jam instead.

I was talking to my roommate about the new guy and she gave me some advice to let my guard down a little and be more of myself around him. He came over last night and I decided wth, if he doesn't like my weirdness then his loss. It was actually a huge relief to just not care what I looked or sounded like, and we had so much fun just being stupid and crazy together. I guess that is a good sign lol.

Amelia, I hope you're feeling better. I agree with everyone: try and get to the doc to see what he says. You're in my thoughts & prayers!! Great job on getting your workouts in!

Belinda, wow you weren't kidding, that is some DVD collection you have there :eek: I like the idea you have with the index cards! Nah, I haven't done EM2LM. I don't want to go through the whole gaining weight phase lol. I've just been eating when I'm hungry and TRYING to choose healthy stuff but that doesn't always work well, especially when I have a huge sweet tooth and new guy called on his way over to my house last night asking what dessert he should get me :rolleyes: He was good though and wound up getting me some greek yogurt cake things because they were a healthier option lol

Cookie, how is your shoulder feeling? Did the heat help? Have you been stretching it? LOL I've been doing more wine tastings for my own consumption lately haha. We're usually slow after the holidays; it probably won't pick up again until St Patty's Day, so I really need to watch my spending. For planning my workouts, I just look at the Workout Manager and see what I can mix together for the week. I've been combining a lot of premixes lately to mix things up a little and cure the boredom. I've been doing 2 days UB strength & abs w a short 20 min cardio, 1 day plyo, 1 day LB, 2 days straight cardio, and 1 day yoga & abs. Awesome job on your step streak!!

Deb, how was your early Valentine's date?

Kristin, do you want to come over and clean my house ;) ? Yeah hardwood floors are so much easier to keep up compared to carpet! Not much is going on with the new guy; we are just enjoying each other's company for now. I'm getting the feeling that his last relationship was REALLY bad because he said something about his mom being surprised that he's dating someone now, even though he's been single for almost 2 yrs :confused: So I'm not gonna push a label or anything cuz he's probably apprehensive since it's still pretty new. You just inspired me to throw B&G into this week's rotation. I haven't done that in awhile.

Have a great night, ladies!

Hi,

I did legs & glutes today & using the ankle weights was a nice change. I also went food shopping and we watched the movie "The Heat" it was pretty funny. Valentine's Dinner was really nice, ds & his gf have reservations their on VD and the owner said he is already booked solid.

It's snowing again, hoping the roads won't be busy tomorrow:(

Belinda - I like the idea of the index cards too! I liked P90x3 legs it was different but in a good way.

Kristin - It sounds like you did Spring Cleaning so hopefully you will bring it on:)

Amelia - I should take some pictures of the snow because hopefully this is just a fluke this year. How was your day?

Melissa - I just bought a bunch of greek yogurt for the kids they mix it with honey & granola, sounds good haven't tried. I would probably sub walnuts for the granola.

Cookie - Any bag must be hard with stairs:confused: Keeping track of your steps is so motivating . . . I need to do that again too.

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

Yesterday ended up being a rest day! We ended up taking DS out for lunch for his birthday. We also went to a museum in DC, which was interesting. We had a fantastic time.

Today I am starting STS M2 W4 and P90X3 Week 7!

Cookie - the index cards, I slip into the back of DVD covers, really simple way to track your dvd…I think. I am sure, there are other ways to track your workouts. For me it's very simple, not to time consuming way to track my workouts when I look at the dvd.How is your shoulder?

Melissa - glad you finally let your guard down:D I try to eat healthy, like you said sometimes it doesn't happened. I love greek yogurt, I mix it with fresh berries. So good!

Debbie - there is a lot of balance work in P90X3. It is really helping us with your balance, which I need. So far, I have no complaint about P90X3.

Kirstin - the infomercial didn't click with me at all:eek:. Once I did the actual workout, I loved it! I figured, if I didn't like the workouts I can sent them back with BB's 90 Day money back guarantee!

Amelia - how was your weekend? We got more snow last night, how about you?

I will be back later to report my workout. Have a great Monday, everyone.

Good morning! I have some serious DOMS going on in my legs & abs. It hurts to move lol. Today I plan on doing BM2 cardio only, most likely with 1 riser because doing that routine on 2 is a killer :confused:

I made the mistake of looking for Sex & the City on my HBO app, and it turns out they have every single season on there. I've been using it as a reward for getting homework done lol. I love this show so much (even better when it's unedited ;))

Deb, glad to hear you had a nice VD date! I watched "The Heat" over break with my parents and we were cracking up. I love Melissa McCarthy, she is so funny.

Belinda, happy birthday to your DS! Which museum did you go to? How often do you do your 1RMs? I should probably redo mine but I'm too lazy and I hate not working out to a DVD lol.

Waving hello to Amelia, Cookie, & Kristin! Have a great day everyone :D

Good evening

Today I did STS D22 (CST), Amy Bento Stretch & Abs "Abs #2" and P90X3 Eccentric Upper!

Melissa - thank you! Aleisa loves SIC too! I am not a big fan, sorry:confused: I never did the 1RM:p I don't think it's necessary if you have a good idea on how much you can lift for 15 reps. I always adjust my weights while lifting:eek: In M1 I dropped my weights almost in half, I was afraid I hurt my back/hip again! Now I am in M2 and already I am upped my weights to where I was the last time! We went to the Museum of Art (?):eek: (Damage something)

I am beat! Good night, ladies! BB in the morning.

Hi guys. I just finished Xtrain D1, chest, shoulders and back. I also walked Baxter in this freezing cold. Now they are saying we are looking at possibly six inches of snow for Thursday. I wish it were for Friday instead, then my vacation would start early, lol. Maybe mother nature will come through, who knows, lol.

I decided to do the Xtrain strength workouts for this week. Not sure if I will stick with the strength rotation and just do what I want for cardio, including Xtrain and newer dvds. I haven't decided. I'll have to look at the rotation and decide.

Nothing else to report. My friend is having her first baby and we gave her a work shower today. She seemed happy about it, even though I had to tell her to get her to come to it, haha.

Melissa- I have major DOMs from Butts and Guts. I think I will have to do it again next week, haha. I cannot remember the last time I did that one and it really shocked my lower body yesterday. Even my lower back and core are sore. I think it is smart to just let things be and see what happens with the new guy. Just have fun!

Deb- DH and I haven't gone out to dinner for VD since BK, before kids, lol. We don't really celebrate it all that much. I hate it at work because the kids buy carnations for each other and I feel sorry for the ones left out. You can see the disappointment and loneliness in their faces. I hate the whole concept.

Belinda- I'm glad you are enjoying the program. I cannot buy any new dvds, but I really want to, hahaha. It is hard to stick to this budget plan. We have to though. Things are a bit tight. The boiler in our rental house needed to be fixed and that set us back some. I cannot wait to get my tax return, haha.

Waving hello to Cookie and Amelia!

Kristin

Hi,

Today I took a yoga class. I tried to find salt (sold out) since DS slipped in the driveway & DH almost did. I ended up with 3 bags of sand, but it was frozen like everything else around here:confused:

Belinda - Your day with DS sounded like fun, Happy Birthday to him:) I will do Eccentric upper body tomorrow.

Kristin - We usually go out on VD the weekend before or after just too crowded. That is so sad about the kids and the carnations, it's funny how sometimes holidays turn into a sad event.

Melissa - I never saw an episode of Sex & the City maybe I should start with the movie.

Waves hi to Amelia & Cookie

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

P90X3 Triometircs is done!

Kirstin - you always can buy more dvd's later!That is sad about the kids and the carnations, in Germany we don't do all that VD spiel:eek: I told my husband not to buy me flowers on VD. He wants to go out for dinner, I rather have dinner at home:eek: Good job, on your DOMS. Have fun with Xtrain this week.

Debbie - that's crazy they ran out of salt:confused: Our driveway always get so slippery when wet/ice:eek: Hope your ds is ok! Good job, with your yoga last night.

Have a great day, everyone! BBL!

hey girls, we're suppose to get a winter weather storm tonight into tomorrow. ugh :mad: Our area is suppose to get sleet and snow and the weather man is using words like catastrophic, crippling & devastating :confused:

I'm suppose to work tomorrow and Thursday but if I look out the window and see a catastrophic environment that my hiney is staying here ( even though I could walk to work if I really wanted too :p )

Melissa- How's the doms today? I love SATC, got the entire series on dvd and have watched it a few times. Great job on your workouts.

Kristin-Im crossing my fingers that mother nature comes through for you. Enjoy xtrain this week.

Belinda-We don't really celebrate VD either, every year I tell my hubby to not bother with flowers and dinner but he always buys me flowers. Its a nice gesture but were not dating anymore..:rolleyes: Great job on your workouts.

Debbie-Great job on your yoga class. Did you send snow down here? I'm gonna send it back :p

ok, since I sat on my bum yesterday I plan on getting in a workout today. I need a good sweat...bbl to report. Just two more weeks until my total gym ships...can't wait. :)

hey girls, we're suppose to get a winter weather storm tonight into tomorrow. ugh :mad: Our area is suppose to get sleet and snow and the weather man is using words like catastrophic, crippling & devastating :confused:

I'm suppose to work tomorrow and Thursday but if I look out the window and see a catastrophic environment then my hiney is staying here ( even though I could walk to work if I really wanted too :p )

Melissa- How's the doms today? I love SATC, got the entire series on dvd and have watched it a few times. Great job on your workouts.

Kristin-Im crossing my fingers that mother nature comes through for you. Enjoy xtrain this week.

Belinda-We don't really celebrate VD either, every year I tell my hubby to not bother with flowers and dinner but he always buys me flowers. Its a nice gesture but were not dating anymore..:rolleyes: Great job on your workouts.

Debbie-Great job on your yoga class. Did you send snow down here? I'm gonna send it back :p

ok, since I sat on my bum yesterday I plan on getting in a workout today. I need a good sweat...bbl to report. Just two more weeks until my total gym ships...can't wait. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.