Comments/Suggestions about Powerstrike Tapes...

megbaby

I have been doing cardio kicks for quite and while and am kind of getting burned out. I am trying to find another kickboxing tape of the same calaber as Cathe (she just jumpes right into it and gets busy) but I really don't like complex combos, I didnt' think Cardio Kicks was complex. Any comments or suggestions about the Powerstrike tapes or any other kickbox tapes. Thank you

[email protected]

PS M3 is pretty good, not the same intensity as CK but is good for days when you don't want to really do high intensity. Production quality isn't that great...not like Cathe's, the combos are good and
the instructors have excellent form. I like Ilara.

I have all 3 PowerStrikes and IMO they are about as close to Cathe in intensity as I've found. Millenium 1 & 2 are more intense than Millenium 3, but all 3 are good workouts. They're low impact but high intensity. The drills are very basic, nothing dancy or hard to catch on to.

Donna

Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

Hi, where can you buy the powerstrike, and is it available on dvd? Is it like Cathe's kickbox from the CTX Series? Thanks.;-)

Thanks Donna,

though I love the music in 1&2, I would like to hear something different, to kwell the boredom factor.

Hotchick:)

Could you guys describe the music a bit in 1 vs 3? I can't find anywhere where you can get a preview, and would be interested in knowing what style the music is.

Thanks!

>Could you guys describe the music a bit in 1 vs 3? I can't
>find anywhere where you can get a preview, and would be
>interested in knowing what style the music is.
>
>Thanks!
>
>
Just bumping to see if there is anyone who has these who can comment on the music in them - is it dance, disco, rock....Do you like it, find it annoying....

Thanks!

Punky..
Did you ever get Mil 3? I have Mil 2 on order and have really enjoyed Mil 1. Can anyone comment on MIL 3. I want the DVD. OR, did anyone order the music CD???

Janice

I bought all three PowerStrikes in March. Opened them reviewed them, never used them...I sold my house, bought a new one, moved, have been fixing it up, etc....so I never had the time. If anyone wants to buy them, email me at [email protected].

Blessings from our home to yours...Runathon

I purchased all three Powerstrikes--1 and 2 are VHS and 3 is DVD. I did 1 and 2 once and will likely never do them again--they bored me to tears. 3 is okay, but I prefer Cathe or Janis Saffell. I'd like to get rid of 1 and 2, but I may do 3 again. Name your price and email [email protected].

Count me as another one less than thrilled with Powerstrike. I don't care much for Ilaria, though she is very buff and talented. I do like Patricia but together with Ilaria the on camera rapport is awkward, in my opinion. #1 is OK, #2 has a very odd rhythm to it which I don't like and #3 is more of an instructional tape--lots of basic drills, OK but the combos aren't that interesting. Hate the set and the music. Sounds like I need to sell mine too.

The closest workouts in intensity to Cathe's Cardio Kicks that I have done are the Tae Bo Ultimates. These don't have the walkouts/recovery periods that his live tapes do because they are compilations edited very tightly together. The toughest of them are Ultimate butt and Ultimate lower body, imho.

I have Powerstrike vol 2 and I love it, I can't wait to purchase the other volumes. I love the music, and the choreography is lots of fun, but more low impact compared to Cathe.

Anna :)

Can't believe all the negetive replies!! I just got MIL 1, did it twice and LOVE it. I was nicely sore in all the right places. I got MIL 2 off of a swap, but have not previewed it yet. I am interested in MIL 3 and the music CD. I also have friends that may want to purchase MIL 1 or 2 so I will ask them if they are interested.

Janice

I think Powerstrike tapes are the most effective, authentic kickboxing tapes around, and I love the rapport between Illaria and Patricia. That said, I don't think the Millenium Series is the best of the bunch. They produced a dozen or so videos previous to these (that are probably no longer available anywhere) and even though the camera work and the sound are both rather amaturish--horrible in the earliest ones--the excellent workouts make up for it. I really feel well worked when I've done a Powerstrike workout, and there's nothing I find "too fast to be safe" as there is on many Tae Bo workouts. They also stick with kickboxing moves only and don't add in any other choreography, so are space efficient. And Illaria's form is impeccable.

Of the Millenium Series, I and II are better than III, IMO. I like III, but it gets going a lot slower, and it feels like a beginning workout (or as close as PS gets to one) for the first 18 minutes or so). The camera work is also back to being odd in this one. It's odd that they chose this one to try out DVD.

I just tried Power Strike III using 1 lb. iron hands, and it turned out to be a very intense workout. I was soaked afterwards and really felt it in my legs and glutes. I don't have 1 & 2 but heard 3 wasn't as intense so tried using the iron hands and it made a big difference. I really like this one. :D

I used my M2 so much I kind of messed it up. I'd like to buy another copy of all of them if any of you who were selling still have them. Email me with your price if you want to sell.

[email protected]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.