COME BACK JONEZIE

Geez, is everyone really so upset that I said we should not be attacking each other??? Should we all be attacking each other? There is some serious anger going on here. Leave me out of it because none of my posts were in anger. I was truly upset at seeing everyone fighting each other and the fact that someone had been telling Jonezie all those things she mentioned in her post. I guess that makes me a bad person or something for CARING. Whatever, I really am going to bed now, promise.

When I started posting 4 years ago there really did seem to be more comradery. There were definitely disagreements, but I don't remember seeing the group attacks like this before a certain group of forum members formed a web-ring. People who rarely post come from the woodwork and join what seems to be a light and fun thread when it's true intent is not missed by the person it is intended for. Unfortunately I have seen it at work behind the scenes years ago. Believe it or not, there are actually people on this forum who email each other, form a "pack" and actually intentionally put down and make other posters feel unwanted. They get a kick out of hurting others and trying to get a reaction out of them because of these "perceived" wrongs. :( I don't understand what makes people behave like this.

Melissa

This is true, and certainly the reason I no longer visit here, being a target of the cyberstalking myself. This forum just isn't any fun anymore. And most of my cyberfriends no longer come here either, which is just as well b/c now I can chat with them on other webpages.

I do, however, feel bad for Cathe. So many of her fans that have been with her since the beginning won't even visit her own forum anymore. It's sad.

Disclaimer: I am so vain, but I do not think this thread is about me.

Completely off topic, but I have now TWICE read this:

I think a major problem with email and the internet is you do not hear the inflection in someone's tone.

as this:

I think a major problem with email and the internet is you do not hear the infection in someone's toe.

Stebby

LauraMax, I miss you!!!! You had some of the funniest posts that got me thru the workday :(

Carola, the drama starts in MIDDLE SCHOOL when Aunt Flow decides to pop in. It's all downhill from there!!

Completely off topic, but I have now TWICE read this:

I think a major problem with email and the internet is you do not hear the inflection in someone's tone.

as this:

I think a major problem with email and the internet is you do not hear the infection in someone's toe.

Stebby

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OMG I almost spit water all over my screen! :eek: It's so hard to hear those toe infections....

Hi!!!

This is true, and certainly the reason I no longer visit here, being a target of the cyberstalking myself. This forum just isn't any fun anymore. And most of my cyberfriends no longer come here either, which is just as well b/c now I can chat with them on other webpages.

I do, however, feel bad for Cathe. So many of her fans that have been with her since the beginning won't even visit her own forum anymore. It's sad.

Disclaimer: I am so vain, but I do not think this thread is about me.

Just wanted to say hey Laura - great to see you on here again, even if for a post or two.

Btw -I totally agree with you. I feel the same way.

Perhaps the folks who were offended should read A Telltale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe.

I too used to post on this forum frequently. It's been a few years, and I lurk every once in awhile, but I have to agree that it doesn't seem the same as it used to. As said before, there used to be disagreements and a flame war every so often, but nothing like this. There used to be such a feeling of support and encouragement. It's a shame, but what can you do except make the choice to stay or go. That's why I'm not here as much.

Katie

I wonder if now would be a good time to remind people that there is an "ignore" function on this forum. You can add the usernames of people whose posts you do not want to read, and they are blocked. (Go to User CP, then scroll down to Edit Ignore List.) I use it, and it works.

There are many threads (and users) that have offended me over the years; I have learned to avoid them. When the forum makes me more angry than happy, then that's when I take a break for a couple of days or weeks. It's as simple as that.

Having said that, I still see positive threads, where people come here with a problem, or feeling discouraged, and fellow Cathletes help them with a problem or just give virtual hugs to make them feel better. And that is why I still come back.

I wonder if now would be a good time to remind people that there is an "ignore" function on this forum. You can add the usernames of people whose posts you do not want to read, and they are blocked. (Go to User CP, then scroll down to Edit Ignore List.) I use it, and it works.

There are many threads (and users) that have offended me over the years; I have learned to avoid them. When the forum makes me more angry than happy, then that's when I take a break for a couple of days or weeks. It's as simple as that.

Having said that, I still see positive threads, where people come here with a problem, or feeling discouraged, and fellow Cathletes help them with a problem or just give virtual hugs to make them feel better. And that is why I still come back.

Jodi.....Well said! Thanks for the reminder....."It's as simple as that"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.