COME BACK JONEZIE

Today is actually the first time and place that I have ever said anything about it. I don't talk to any of the girls that were part of it anymore except for one, and we barely even talk. I have never even shared anything with the girls that have been attacked, and I actually do wish I would have because there have been women who were really hurt. I have never said anything about it to any of the girls I talk to on this forum in the check-in or outside of the forum that I have met here, or the other fitness forum I check-in at and they can vouch for me. You cannot accuse me of any gossip or trying to get something started, of trying to get a group together to get an "us v them" thing going. If I wanted to do that I would have done it years ago, could have done it many times over, and it would be obvious by now. This "dirty laundry" as you call it is out because what has been happening this week was the final straw for me, and I think that those who have been pounced on deserve to know that what they are dealing with and that they aren't paranoid or crazy like they and others are being manipulated with cleverly twisted words into believing. That those who are joining in on the "fun" don't realize that they are actually helping others put down someone. You can call what I said whatever you want, but it's obvious if you look at the pattern of posters, how they post and when they post what's going on. I am not slinging mud, making things up, calling anyone out by name, trying to instigate. I am not standing here with a posse backing me up trying to intimidate someone, start or even win a fight. I am standing here on my own, of my own accord because what has happened is wrong, and hurtful. That is what's got to go!

Melissa

I am not sure why you thought Liann's post was directed at you???

I am not sure why you thought Liann's post was directed at you???

Yeah, me neither? It was a general statement about the whole direction of the thread. I don't know anything about your situation or what you were referring to in your individual post. I wasn't referring to it specifically. Sounds like something you might need to work out with those girls individually aside from this thread? Is it related to this situation? I thought this thread was about Jonezie's leaving which I wasn't even aware she was leaving. I thought she said she wasn't gone for good, just taking a break. And honestly, I don't blame her for that. I'm about done with the drama myself.

Last edited:
That and people are just way too touchy these days and take everything too serious.

Yeah - I surf the web and participate in forums for fun! Not to mention, isn't the average age on this forum forty-something?? That tells me that we are all women that have seen and been a part of life's not so great things or moments so we come here to vent, share and have fun.

Well, then maybe sometimes it'd be helpful if people would say directly what they mean and who they are referring to. It just seems that some people prefer to speak in more omnious and vague terms, so that the they can't be called upon it directly and then instead throw it back at their target, claiming "Oh you are just so sensitive, I have not the faintest idea how you come up with that. I didn't talk about you. You just take yourself too seriously". And then the rest of the posse jumps on and touts the same horn. Brilliant!

You cannot accuse me of any gossip or trying to get something started, of trying to get a group together to get an "us v them" thing going. If I wanted to do that I would have done it years ago, could have done it many times over, and it would be obvious by now. This "dirty laundry" as you call it is out because what has been happening this week was the final straw for me, and I think that those who have been pounced on deserve to know that what they are dealing with and that they aren't paranoid or crazy like they and others are being manipulated with cleverly twisted words into believing.

That those who are joining in on the "fun" don't realize that they are actually helping others put down someone. You can call what I said whatever you want, but it's obvious if you look at the pattern of posters, how they post and when they post what's going on. I am not slinging mud, making things up, calling anyone out by name, trying to instigate. I am not standing here with a posse backing me up trying to intimidate someone, start or even win a fight. I am standing here on my own, of my own accord because what has happened is wrong, and hurtful. That is what's got to go!

Melissa

I participated in the fun. I thought it was a spoof on internet forums especially since it was started and directed at people who have been really fun on this forum.

So because I thought it was in pure fun, I am somehow a bad guy for participating? And because this was already brought up, I went back and reread the thread. Again, it comes across as a spoof.

I am not a stupid person but somewhere I missed the drama of people group 1 vs people group 2 and probably people vs group 3.

Someone, please explain.......what the heck did I miss?

Well, then maybe sometimes it'd be helpful if people would say directly what they mean and who they are referring to. It just seems that some people prefer to speak in more omnious and vague terms, so that the they can't be called upon it directly and then instead throw it back at their target, claiming "Oh you are just so sensitive, I have not the faintest idea how you come up with that. I didn't talk about you. You just take yourself too seriously". And then the rest of the posse jumps on and touts the same horn. Brilliant!

Uh practice what you preach please and thank you!!

This is a very good idea! Instead of talking in the third person and in hypotheticals, wouldn't it be better if we talked how they make you do in group therapy...not that I would know ANYTHING about that:eek:! Kind of like: I feel (insert emotion) when (name person) does (action).

I think on all of the controversial threads (i.e. political), it is very difficult to not personally attack someone who has a differing opinion...especially if you watch the political pundits on TV! They are just awful!

Carrie

Yeah, me neither? It was a general statement about the whole direction of the thread. I don't know anything about your situation or what you were referring to in your individual post. I wasn't referring to it specifically. Sounds like something you might need to work out with those girls individually aside from this thread? Is it related to this situation? I thought this thread was about Jonezie's leaving which I wasn't even aware she was leaving. I thought she said she wasn't gone for good, just taking a break. And honestly, I don't blame her for that. I'm about done with the drama myself.
Liann, I thought that comment was directed at me because I had said that I knew of the mean-spirited web-ring here. I wasn't sure who else your comment could have been directed to with a phrase like "airing out dirty laundry." And yes, it is definitely related to this situation and why Jonezie feels like she must leave. There is nothing I would like to talk to anyone about except the person this thread was intended for, and those like her who have been shoved around, put down or belittled. I am sick of the drama, which is why I visit OD infrequently, but I am more sick of the harrassing that goes on. I miss so many people who don't want to visit anymore because they were mistreated. :(

Melissa

Liann, I thought that comment was directed at me because I had said that I knew of the mean-spirited web-ring here. I wasn't sure who else your comment could have been directed to with a phrase like "airing out dirty laundry." And yes, it is definitely related to this situation and why Jonezie feels like she must leave. There is nothing I would like to talk to anyone about except the person this thread was intended for, and those like her who have been shoved around, put down or belittled. I am sick of the drama, which is why I visit OD infrequently, but I am more sick of the harrassing that goes on. I miss so many people who don't want to visit anymore because they were mistreated. :(

Melissa

The drama has been caused by reading things into posts that do not exist.

I participated in the fun. I thought it was a spoof on internet forums especially since it was started and directed at people who have been really fun on this forum.

So because I thought it was in pure fun, I am somehow a bad guy for participating? And because this was already brought up, I went back and reread the thread. Again, it comes across as a spoof.

I am not a stupid person but somewhere I missed the drama of people group 1 vs people group 2 and probably people vs group 3.

Someone, please explain.......what the heck did I miss?
You are not a stupid person, not at all!, that is what makes it so clever. Trust me, if you knew what was going on you would wish you didn't.

Melissa

Uh practice what you preach please and thank you!!

I do! I just used what has been frequently used to make people feel stupid. I don't have a problem saying who and what I am talking about. Why don't you just ask if you really want to know.

I do! I just used what has been frequently used to make people feel stupid. I don't have a problem saying who and what I am talking about. Why don't you just ask if you really want to know.

Ask what? I am not sure what it is we are talking about now.

Melissa - I was still hung up on some of the stuff that had been mentioned earlier about the Road Trip, and the overall finger pointing that was going on all over the place - not just on this thread. I didn't just read your post and write that. It was after reading a lot of stuff, so no, it wasn't directed at you personally. I really didn't think I was saying anything that would upset anyone. I was trying to keep things from escalating even worse. It sounds to me like a lot of people are hurt from different experiences and situations and they are projecting all of that on Jonezie's situation. I think focusing on the positive aspects of what make Jonezie an asset to the forum and why she is missed would be a better way for us all to handle this thread.

Just so this is clear - I am not writing this response to anyone other than Melissa. The purpose was so she would know that I wasn't picking on her. It is not directly or indirectly referring to any other posters real or imaginary on this site. Just clarifying. ;) I'm going to bed now. I do actually have a life outside of this forum!

Last edited:
I don't believe I said anywhere I agreed with that particular post that you are referring to. I merely ask a valid question of why PF thought it was directed at her.

The drama has been caused by reading things into posts that do not exist.

Maybe you don't see what's happening, but the drama is here for a reason. It's disturbing to me the way that some of the women treat each other on this forum.

Erica

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.