Chalean Extreme Initial Impressions

I never notice the music when I'm lifting. The weight I choose is truly the heaviest I can go and requires all of my concentration. I hear the music when I put the weight down! Or... umm, maybe that's a sigh of relief!!:eek:

Update!!!

My replacements just arrived. They look a lot better than the first batch!! A few had a couple of tiny specs of sticky gunk. Very small and insignificant. I'm happy with my replacements. I hope they play alright! Wouldn't that be a hoot if they don't?! My scratched ones play:D:D Just a thought.:p I'll try them out later:)

I'm glad to hear that your new set is looking good, that gives me hope. I just don't get it, I find it odd that you received a good looking replacement set today and I received a new scratched set today?!?!? I'm thinking they must have a bunch of defective DVDs and are still sending them out in hopes that some don't notice. . .

I'm glad to hear that your new set is looking good, that gives me hope. I just don't get it, I find it odd that you received a good looking replacement set today and I received a new scratched set today?!?!? I'm thinking they must have a bunch of defective DVDs and are still sending them out in hopes that some don't notice. . .

I don't think they are checking them. This may be a very costly mistake on their part. I'm guessing though.
There are several on the Ya Ya board that are still waiting for shipment on the first order place Dec 12!
I've read they ran out of the bonus dvd. My bonus DVD arrived in good shape, but packaged very poorly(plastic wrap, bubble mailer). I was shocked considering I paid $50 for that disc!
I really like the Burn Intervals and the bonus workout is similar without being the same(hope that makes sense:eek:).

There are several on the Ya Ya board that are still waiting for shipment on the first order place Dec 12!

Wow, that's unbelievable, I ordered mine on 12/24 and they came today, I was pleasantly surprised since I expected them sometime next week.
Thanks for your help, I really hope my next set looks new :)

You've Sold Me

OK..I have read this whole thread and I was on the fence before I started. Now I am going to check my email for the link and order this set. I liked Chalene in Turbo Jam, and these shorter workouts seem like they are just what I am looking for...A challenge, variety, and little dread factor. I knew I could count on the Catheites to give an honest assessment of this set.

I have been in a bit of a slump lately hopefully this will get me on track. It's been so long waiting for STS that I have been toying with the idea of cancelling my order. But you know how that goes....You wait so long and now it's so close, I might as well stick it out. Besides I think DH will be able to use it because I am no where near being ready for it.

So here I go off to the BB website to order. No if I can just find that discount code!

I'll report back when I get them...Hopefully scratch free!

Happy New Year to All!

Donna

Would you consider the cardio in this program high impact? (plyo-type moves, twisting, etc...)
It's plyo, but I find it very doable either as-is, or with little modification (which I can't say about all plyo workouts). The modifiers do a good job of decreasing/removing impact without doggin' it on the intensity.

While 'twisting' isn't high impact, I'll assume you mean that its not knee friendly? I personally have more problems with torquey moves than with impact. My knees DO NOT LIKE THEM! I can't recall any torquey moves in the cardio workouts (if there were, I must have easily modified, so they didn't keep me from doing the move).

Yes, I meant moves which aren't knee friendly. I am finally getting to where I can actually do some cardio. I'm known for overdoing things, so I'm being very cautious.

Thanks for the answer. Once I'm done with a Jari Love 3 month rotation, which seems to be working for me, I am going to purchase this. I appreciate everyone who has purchased it taking the time to answer questions and give feedback.

Just did Burn Circuit 2, and just died. I really can't believe I though this wouldn't work the legs enough!

And those tricep pushups at the end in the breakdown set - I almost couldn't do any!

Chalene really motivated me at the end there - she's so encouraging...I like how she speaks to you about that kind of stuff...really helps.

Loving this rotation!

Clothesminded,

CLX is perfect after a round with Jari. I used Jari a lot this summer. CLX is very different- in a very good way. I'm on my 3rd week of the first phase, and feel significant strength gains.

workoutaholic, those bowlers lunges in circuit 2 kill my glutes! I'm still failing on the 10th rep!! I've had glute doms for 3 weeks now;)
I'm steadily increasing weights on all my exercises.:)

You know what I like about this program the most? It works you hard enough that you feel really good when it's over. I'm dying, but it's over before I know it. I don't feel beat up after.
I've had consistent doms in every muscle group for 3 weeks, but not so painful that I can't move. It just feels like I've worked my body:)

I'm finishing week one, and really loving it beyond my lukewarm expectations...after 13 hours of work, I wanted some cookies and wine(yeah, I know,some yogiini)...but did the Recharge 30 minute interval workout, not at full throttle because I was pooped, but Chalean chirped,"even halfhearted is better than nothing",and that platitude made me feel upbeat! And I had a ww english muffin (120 calories)with a small glass of wine instead of a cookie attack! I know Chalean gabs alot, but she's a good egg...and for 125, this is a great value.

Just did Burn Circuit 2, and just died. I really can't believe I though this wouldn't work the legs enough!

And those tricep pushups at the end in the breakdown set - I almost couldn't do any!
Looks can be deceiving, can't they, LOL!
And the first time I did those tricep push-ups, they were on knees, the first one going down, then the next two never making it up from about 2" off the floor (but I held that isometrically, so there was work being done!).

I'm on my first week and last night was only my third workout! Wow people!!! I'm sore....my hamstrings and glutes are SO sore - I love it!!!:eek:

Last night was Burn Intervals and Abs! Burn Intervals was awesome and it went by super fast! I'm really impressed at how my muscles are feeling after only 3 workouts!!!!!

One thing I wish they didn't do was put all the ads in before the workout starts....oh well.....I just forward to where I need to go!:D

You know what I like about this program the most? It works you hard enough that you feel really good when it's over. I'm dying, but it's over before I know it. I don't feel beat up after.
I've had consistent doms in every muscle group for 3 weeks, but not so painful that I can't move. It just feels like I've worked my body:)
I'm almost at the end of week 2 and am loving it for the very reasons that Cynthia states above. I'm hoping this rotation will have me in prime form to do STS. :D

I'm on week 3 and love these workouts. I've noticed a big difference in my legs, they are getting very strong and muscular and I can do a few regular push ups even! That's huge for me, I HATE push ups. :p

Good luck to you all.
Marcia.

I'm really impressed at how my muscles are feeling after only 3 workouts!!!!!

One thing I wish they didn't do was put all the ads in before the workout starts....oh well.....I just forward to where I need to go!:D

I agree on both counts.
My legs started feeling firmer almost immediately, it seemed!

And those ads (actually, one ad for "Wowie" right before the workout starts) are easy to skip using the 'chapter forward' button.;)

I was considering ordering but from your post and the input I received from other forums i think that I will pass and wait for STS to arrive!

Regina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.