Chalean Extreme Initial Impressions

I just finished burn it off. I feel like I could toss my cookies. 26 minutes of full intensity. I made the mistake of eating 2 hard boil eggs and only waiting one hour. I think I would put this workout in the same category as PlyoX. Sure it's not as long, but it equally intense!!
Boy, those speed skaters with the band followed by screamers hurts my bootay! :p

Burn it off is hard! And I am so glad it's only 26 minutes! : )

Any of you doing a check-in on any boards somewhere? Would love to join if you are!

I am getting excited too. My set is supposed to arrive next week. Hopefully scratch free. I can't wait to start!

What the heck are screamers though????

Week 4 and I'm still getting doms:D

I have a question. In circuit one, I lift as heavy as I can go with all the squats (60lbs). When I get to the chest fly with hip lift. My quads cramp up when I squeeze my glutes in the raised position.
Do you think this is because I've fatigued my quads during the squats? It happens every time.

I have a question. In circuit one, I lift as heavy as I can go with all the squats (60lbs). When I get to the chest fly with hip lift. My quads cramp up when I squeeze my glutes in the raised position.
Do you think this is because I've fatigued my quads during the squats? It happens every time.

Sounds like it.
Maybe try some quad stretches before that particular exercise and see if it helps. Either that, or don't do the hip lift part of the move.

What the heck are screamers though????
Get into a squat position. Hold that postion on one leg while moving the other leg into a back lunge position, then back to the squat. Then speed up. Then lift the knee of the moving leg when it's in the forward position rather than tapping in. By the time you get about 1/2-way done with the set, you really feel it in the leg.

Hi -- I've done BC 1 and 2 this week so far. I lifted as heavy as I thought I could (though for one or two things I will go heavier next week), but I haven't had doms so far. I worked really hard, especially on BC2, but I am skeptical about this still -- I feel like I may lose ground on this program. After doing FF's crazy repeat the workout rotation in December, I feel like I need to do each disc twice or something. Then I wonder if maybe it's sort of like kettlebells in that I need to do it for a while to really get it. Any thoughts?

thanks,
-Beth

well wadda ya know. I got my set in and EVERY disk has those circle scratches! grrr. well since you all were able to get replacements I called. I talked to a guy I could barely understand. He must've been foreign. But eventually he said they were sending replacements. He almost acted like he didn't believe me, but hey I see them here before my own eyes and I heard you all have the same problem. sheesh. then he tried to sell me suppliments etc. He assured me they'd check the next ones before shipping them. we'll see! :(

I'm bummed

My set came yesterday..ahead of schedule so I was syched! But, my disks are scratched as well. I called Beach body and they are sending replacements I had no problem with the representative that I spoke to. He just asked which disks were scratched and I said all and ordered me a new set. Hopefully they will be good.

You would think by now they would have figured this out! Especially since they are not asking you to return the bad set.

I am going to preview them tonight, if they play of course! I am very impressed by the packaging. This set looks really well put together.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.