forum_admin

Administrator
Staff member

Active Recovery is a bit breathier and can be used on recovery days when you still want to break a little extra sweat during your stretch routine. The Active Recovery workout will help your body to stretch and will relieve the stress of more intense routines, but it will also get your heart rate up for a little more of a "light workout" feel.

*Pre-Order Cathe's New STS 2.0: Muscle & Recovery Workout Program Now At: https://bit.ly/2WDfkdh and Get Free Worldwide Shipping!

Well, I've been practicing :), I surprised myself and if there aren't too many, I should be able
to handle the surrender-type movement......working on that "gorilla" one, probably have to
modify one way or the other, and I know the circle planks aren't going to go well with me,
but I suppose you can always just hold a regular plank. I don't easily give up !

Well, I've been practicing :), I surprised myself and if there aren't too many, I should be able
to handle the surrender-type movement......working on that "gorilla" one, probably have to
modify one way or the other, and I know the circle planks aren't going to go well with me,
but I suppose you can always just hold a regular plank. I don't easily give up !
Yea you! I kinda think of active recovery as a "play day" so I'll be playing around with the moves too. I'm not a fan of walking nor dragging planks, but if I think of it as playing, that may help me overcome my avoidance of them. Wondering about putting my feet on sliding discs or something.... play time :) .

Wondering about putting my feet on sliding discs or something.... play time :) .
Oohh….never thought about discs, gotta practice :). I am thinking of trying gorilla side hops using a step with a riser or 2 in front to put my hands to hop over & back…wouldn’t be going so low & that might help me, at least at first, doesn’t look like this particular move will go forward, at least from clip, so step wouldn’t be in the way….like a particular instructor used to say “Modify! Modify!”

on the surrender, I think the key here for me is that you do a reverse lunge move to go down and then a foward lunge move to come up, and that really helped me. And 2 reverse lunges and 2 forward lunges might fit as well..

This looks super fun. Makes me think I'll feel like a 5-year old again, romping around on the floor. I have to say those deep squats where you stay down low and move laterally from side to side really have helped me with my general squats (they're in the Mobility workout). Anyway, I love these kinds of workouts that have me getting down and up again - super important for all-around quality of life.

Oohh….never thought about discs, gotta practice :). I am thinking of trying gorilla side hops using a step with a riser or 2 in front to put my hands to hop over & back…wouldn’t be going so low & that might help me, at least at first, doesn’t look like this particular move will go forward, at least from clip, so step wouldn’t be in the way….like a particular instructor used to say “Modify! Modify!”

on the surrender, I think the key here for me is that you do a reverse lunge move to go down and then a foward lunge move to come up, and that really helped me. And 2 reverse lunges and 2 forward lunges might fit as well..
Great ideas for assistance! I read an article years ago on the importance of being able to get up off the floor for healthy aging, so I've been cognizant of rising from the floor without arm assistance since. I think the surrenders will help ... maybe try it with step in front too... play time again ;)

The name of the game is make it work for YOU! You’ll be great
Yea you! I kinda think of active recovery as a "play day" so I'll be playing around with the moves too. I'm not
This looks super fun. Makes me think I'll feel like a 5-year old again, romping around on the floor. I have to say those deep squats where you stay down low and move laterally from side to side really have helped me with my general squats (they're in the Mobility workout). Anyway, I love these kinds of workouts that have me getting down and up again - super important for all-around quality of life.

a fan of walking nor dragging planks, but if I think of it as playing, that may help me overcome my avoidance of them. Wondering about putting my feet on sliding discs or something.... play time :) .
great thinking
so very true

never thought about discs, gotta practice
Well, I practiced with discs….but I don’t think that’s gonna work for me, my feet were sliding all over the place, looked more like that Twister game I used to play when I was a
kid :). I think you can go shoeless in this workout, & the discs kinda’ hurt my feet too.

The step in front works for the gorillas, but you can’t hop too far either way

Well, I practiced with discs….but I don’t think that’s gonna work for me, my feet were sliding all over the place, looked more like that Twister game I used to play when I was a
kid :). I think you can go shoeless in this workout, & the discs kinda’ hurt my feet too.

The step in front works for the gorillas, but you can’t hop too far either way
You could maybe go around the step?

Having watched the clip, I was thinking this one might get me in my wrists if there are too many moves back-to-back where the wrists are flexed. If this is the case, I will probably use the workout blender to change around exercises to give my wrists a rest. I will have to modify the gorilla move too. It's the standing up quickly that will get me, I get dizzy when I do that. I think I can do the surrenders, but they will probably be a bit wobbly.

I suspect that this will do a lot for my mobility. Can I do all the moves? Mostly, and in time, I think yes. It is very new to me, active recovery. It's less than cardio, more than stretching, and will undoubtedly get used. Really excited to see the rotations Cathe has developed. Like this series, they will be a cut (or two) above the rest. She does such incredible work. When I see how she has woven this workout into the others, I'm going to understand a lot about this series.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.