Cathe, STS Shock Cardio Request

Do you want modification shown in STS Cardio?

• Yes, please, have one exerciser doing a modifier for each high impact move

Votes: 250 71.8%
  • No, thanks, I will modify on my own as needed

Votes: 74 21.3%
  • Modify? What's that? I live for high impact and do jumping jacks in my sleep!

Votes: 24 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I understand why people would want a modifier. I have Patella-Femoral Syndrome from years of running so I would love to have a modifier. I think it would open the program to a greater range of participants. What would be the downside of having a modifier?

Certainly no down side that I could see, I'm one who has to modify, but still LOVE the results I get from Cathe workouts.

If anything, a modifier may entice some new customers who feel Cathe may be out of their league.

I'm with Denise, voting for at least one modifier. When I turned 45 a few years ago, seemed like things started breaking down more often, and I'm very lightweight! There are times where I know I should take it easy and that modifier person would remind me of that.

I've worked in the OR with joint replacements and trust me, you don't want to break down like that. There's just times you need to go low-impact and I'm one that really tends to push themselves unless reminded not to. A workout with ultimate safety in mind would have a modifier (in my opinion anyway!) Thanks!!

Yes, I'd love to see a modifier too. And seeing that I'm here I might as well push the envelope and ask that it would be AWESOME if you could squeeze in an additional step workout in the vein of LowMax 3 for all those knee issue Cathe fanatics!:p Please and pretty please we can't get enough of you, Cathe!!:D:D:D And, P.S. Just to let you know I've also pre-ordered and can't wait BUT I'm definitely willing to wait for your awesome products!!:D:D:D

Idea!

I posted this in another thread:

What if there were an optional "picture in picture" box featuring one modifier?

The "pip" would appear in the upper or lower corner of the screen. Those who wanted to see modifications could turn it on. Those for whom modifying is obviously a mortal sin could skip it.

This might be a good compromise. :)

I posted this in another thread:

This might be a good compromise. :)

GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT idea

I like that!

For me, I mostly want high impact. But when I will be pregnant, I would want low impact. And may be some days if I am not feeling like high impact, I can choose that option.

I think it's the best way to go!

I don't usually modify, but I still voted for a modifier. I think it's a good option to have in case of injury or other reasons.

Is the PIP idea technically feasible? I know it exists on certain TVs, but I've never heard of it being a feature on a particular DVD.

Cathe, can you include a box of Belgian chocolate in the shipment?

(Hey, everyone else is askin' for stuff. I figured I'd give it a try. :eek: )

I don't usually modify, but I still voted for a modifier. I think it's a good option to have in case of injury or other reasons.

Is the PIP idea technically feasible? I know it exists on certain TVs, but I've never heard of it being a feature on a particular DVD.

Hi Jodi,

Actually KCM does this in her 30 min. Kickboxing workout. I think you can see it in the clip on Collage. :)

Is the PIP idea technically feasible? I know it exists on certain TVs, but I've never heard of it being a feature on a particular DVD - jodijodi

I don't have a clue. I was just brainstorming. :)

It'd be great if it were.

Hey! Maybe Cathe could actualize the idea and give me a cut. :p

I wouldn't want the modifier to take the intensity down to 'beginner' level, just take out some impact and torquey moves, while remaining "advanced".

I agree with Kathryn. I also don't do moves like in HIS where you jump over the step. I'm afraid of tripping or rolling an ankle. :eek:

I too think there should be a modifier. I find at my age (almost 48) some of the exercises hurt my knees and my neck (which I have two herniated discs in) but need the high intensity to burn fat/keep my weight down. Low Max is my favorite cardio workout b/c it kicks butt without putting a lot of strain of my joints. More DVDs like that would be awesome!!

I could go either way. I think a modifier would be great in some of Cathe's workouts, but wonder if it is realistic for her more dancy intricate step-work routines such as HIS. IMHO, to modify HIS (or a similarly choregraphed routine) I think it would almost take having a entirely less complicated version being created.

Ultimately, I think the PIP is the perfect solution (if it is technically feasible). That way those who want to see the modifier can & those who don't can turn it off.
But I also can see from STS that having different cast members do different versions of certain exercises is a great help! :)

Thanks to everyone for replying! Looking at the poll numbers, it has been consistent at 75% that would prefer to have a high-intensity, low impact modification shown. I hope SNM takes notice.

I have been reading with interest people's suggestions for showing modifications. I just want to comment that I really don't like the idea of PIP, because then you are always watching a little box, not the whole screen. This means that it may be hard to see the correct form, and besides, it's harder on the eyes. It also kind of separates you from the workout that's going on on the main screen. I always feel like I'm right there with Cathe, even when I'm modifying, and I think a PIP would interfere with that.

I appreciate that people are trying to come up with ways to make modifications work in the workouts - that's fantastic!

Thanks to everyone for replying! Looking at the poll numbers, it has been consistent at 75% that would prefer to have a high-intensity, low impact modification shown. I hope SNM takes notice.

I have been reading with interest people's suggestions for showing modifications. I just want to comment that I really don't like the idea of PIP, because then you are always watching a little box, not the whole screen. This means that it may be hard to see the correct form, and besides, it's harder on the eyes. It also kind of separates you from the workout that's going on on the main screen. I always feel like I'm right there with Cathe, even when I'm modifying, and I think a PIP would interfere with that.

I appreciate that people are trying to come up with ways to make modifications work in the workouts - that's fantastic!

That's why I said PIP could be optional (if that were even technically feasible.) :)

If you need a modifier, use the PIP. If modifiers distract or horrify you, don't. :p

I really don't like the idea of PIP, because then you are always watching a little box, not the whole screen. This means that it may be hard to see the correct form, and besides, it's harder on the eyes. It also kind of separates you from the workout that's going on on the main screen. I always feel like I'm right there with Cathe, even when I'm modifying, and I think a PIP would interfere with that.
I agree completely!

Another idea (just brainstorming, I know this is NOT very practical, as it would take more filming time and delay the DVD's) would be to make use of the 'angle' option on DVD players, and film two versions of the workout: one with no modifications, and one with 2 or three levels of modifications (told you it was time-consuming and not practical!).

That's why I said PIP could be optional (if that were even technically feasible.) :)

If you need a modifier, use the PIP. If modifiers distract or horrify you, don't. :p
I think Morningstar's point is, if you need or want a modifier, why be relegated to watching a little picture in the corner of the screen?

I agree! It would be wonderful to show a low-impact modifier as one of the participants in the video! I would really, really appreciate this. I love intensity, and my feet and knees love low impact versions of intensity.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.