Cathe STS Muscle & Recovery Super Sets

forum_admin

Administrator
Staff member
SSK_9415.JPG

The first workout in STS Phase 1 utilizes the Super Sets method. In this total body workout, we’ll do 2 exercises for opposing muscle groups back-to-back with very little rest in between. Challenging our muscles to work through fatigue as we move quickly between exercises will help to increase our overall strength and stamina.

Last edited:
Ok, technical question…:)…..when the step is in the inclined position, are you all using
the “freestyle“ riser for the top one? The one that has the cut-out on it for the step to
go in? Does that make sense? I guess it will if that’s what you’re using….:). Just
wondering, I have a set of those….

the more I look at the picture, I guess it is just a regular riser…..

Last edited:
Ok, technical question…:)…..when the step is in the inclined position, are you all using
the “freestyle“ riser for the top one? The one that has the cut-out on it for the step to
go in? Does that make sense? I guess it will if that’s what you’re using….:). Just
wondering, I have a set of those….

the more I look at the picture, I guess it is just a regular riser…..
We are using the universal riser! Here is a link and you can see if this is what you’re referring to.

I bought the slanted risers years ago (original STS time) and figured out how to stack them as follows.
it is a quick switch to the slanted bench by removing the top right riser...adding the 'extra' riser to the left stack and putting the slanted riser on top of the left stack. VIOLA...a great slanted 'BENCH-step'.
EASY PEASY

FB_IMG_1526821748538 (1).jpgFB_IMG_1526821756895 (1).jpg

Slanted Risers:
Thank you! I’ve been hunting for a set of those forever! Gonna have to order!

Just to clarify, you need 12 regular risers & the 2 slanted risers for this setup, right?
that is a lot of risers, I have them, but scattered up & downstairs, so not to convenient
for me, but the setup is easy enough….I think, for me, using the universal riser Cathe
mentioned and I have as well, will be easier for me…. Unless I decide to bring more
risers from downstairs to upstairs and leave them there. Who knows? :). Gotta try it anyway…. Thanks for sharing.

Just to clarify, you need 12 regular risers & the 2 slanted risers for this setup, right?
that is a lot of risers, I have them, but scattered up & downstairs, so not to convenient
for me, but the setup is easy enough….I think, for me, using the universal riser Cathe
mentioned and I have as well, will be easier for me…. Unless I decide to bring more
risers from downstairs to upstairs and leave them there. Who knows? :). Gotta try it anyway…. Thanks for sharing.
The slanted risers work with five regular risers on one side and one on the other side, so six regular risers total.

I bought the slanted risers years ago (original STS time) and figured out how to stack them as follows.
it is a quick switch to the slanted bench by removing the top right riser...adding the 'extra' riser to the left stack and putting the slanted riser on top of the left stack. VIOLA...a great slanted 'BENCH-step'.
EASY PEASY

View attachment 8314View attachment 8315
Check you out! Thanks for sharing
I’m not sure if the STEP company still makes those risers. When we were looking for them we came across these updated UNIVERSAL ones that are just square like the regular risers but they have a groove down the middle that allows for secure stacking. Which ever risers anyone uses I think they are both good versions

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.