Calling all 60 year old and older Cathletes

Sending (((hugs))), warm wishes and positive vibes your way, Amy. :)

Also sending congratulations for taking all those positive steps you have already taken: looking for a workout of Cathe's that suits you at this moment, actually DOING a workout and reaching out to others in the forum! Good for you. I wish you luck and hope you find all the support and resources you need to continue forward one small step at a time.

I am 65 and have been a Cathe fan since the beginning and have many VHS tapes. I keep an eye on the "daily deals" because I have been able to replace my favorites! I also have many other DVD's, but Cathe and her rotations are the best because you don't have to guess one you are doing next. I am doing STS now, and have both the strength and cardio sets. I began the series in January but had to stop so I started again from the beginning last week. I had hip replacement surgery just before Covid hit, and was healing very well, going to the gym, etc., and then we were shut down. During the shutdown I went through my entire collection and got some new ones. My goal is to get the LITE and ICE series. I have XTrain, 4 day Split, Ripped with Hitt, Strong and Sweaty also. I was building my library and it is almost compete. I learned how to modify the cardio and step routines to fit my ability. I always loved Step, but find that the intricate turns and some of the step routines are above my ability now so I just make sure to keep my heart rate up and continue to move doing the "Basic" step moves whenever it becomes too difficult. I put on 30 pounds between Covid and my hip replacement, and am trying to lose those pounds.

Lannette

Cathlete
ActiveAggie, I can relate to replacing Cathe VHS tapes with DVDs. I’ve done the same. :)

I think modifications as needed is one of the keys to daily movement into our 60s and beyond.

For me, every day can be a bit different. As long as I respect that I’m good to go.

Debinmi

Cathlete
ActiveAggie, I enjoyed your post. I, too, have some VHS Cathe workouts ... I was doing Rhythmic Step a little bit ago and wished I had it on DVD, but decided I'd put the $ into new Cathe's. Wanted to add that I'm also doing an STS rotation and am doing the ICE & LITE series in my "active recovery" weeks .... really am enjoying them this way. And I think Cathe still has the "Bundle Mania" sale - just trying to be a "helpful" enabler ;-)

Debk9

Lannette you are a very kind and wise person. Amy hang in there and trust what Lannette is saying.
Prayers are flowing your way for comfort and healing
God bless both of you
Debbie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.